IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sure she knows what the Boston Tea Party is. That's something I knew as a kid, and I'm not even American. Fundies fetishize "American History" (their bastardized version of it, anyway) so much that I can't imagine the Boston Tea Party was never touched on during SOTDRT or in whatever propaganda material they read.

Yeah she has to know that, at bare minimum, it's such a basic beginner thing, I'd bet her understanding of the American Revolution is: England taxes tea - people throw tea overboard - King closes harbor - war starts - at some point Paul Revere rides a horse at midnight. Even if they hadn't covered it, it may have come up when it was sort-of adopted as a name for the wing nuts who originally called themselves "tea baggers" which was much funnier. (Also, the tea in Boston there was probably in pressed cakes, not "tea bags.")

I love those sort of games you ride, and that photo doesn't bother me any more than the ones of people intently shooting lasers to help Buzz Lightyear defeat the aliens. Even with Jill's crazy eyes going on there.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure Jill knows about the Boston Tea Party. She just got the fundie history version which is probably that the English wanted to take away the colonists’ guns, force them to have abortions, and make them pray to Allah. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

peak pathetic

Next Dillard thread title. lol

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do you have someone in your life who will honor those wishes?

i wouldn’t do that for anyone, that’s a huge imposition on people already grieving imo

Yes! I do! They're all aware, and many have already called dibs on certain locations. :)  

I'm missing something. All I see is a picture of kitchen clutter.

And don't bury me; cremate me, scatter me under the rosebushes, and let me melt into the earth... Take my jewelry for yourselves and enjoy it.

What did Derrick say? "We're fed up with the system. We're going to show them." ???? WTH is he going on about? Or is this some reference , as a Tea Partier( ?), to the Dems?

The Duggars used to attend rallies for the Tea Party movement, so I ASSUME the kids all knew about the Boston Tea Party. I can't imagine why they wouldn't; the Revolution features heavily in every homeschooly/religious history curriculum I've encountered. Plus, "Americanness" and the power of the American government play a big part in the Duggars' ideology.

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

I’m sure Jill knows about the Boston Tea Party. She just got the fundie history version which is probably that the English wanted to take away the colonists’ guns, force them to have abortions, and make them pray to Allah. 

You forgot they wanted to make everyone gay too.

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

What did Derrick say? "We're fed up with the system. We're going to show them." ???? WTH is he going on about? Or is this some reference , as a Tea Partier( ?), to the Dems?

It’s just a joke. It’s a reference to the Boston Tea Party because they were pouring out old tea.

16 hours ago, artdecades said:

Wait. It’s a prison ride and you are helping the warden by shooting escaped prisoners? Do I have that right? 

From what I remember from 10 years ago.. I dont think you really shot any prisoners. If you did, it was a humorous shoot them in the butt type thing. 

I remember it being a humorous, slapstick type comedy shooting game. I think you'd shoot something to make a door shut or a bucket of water falling on one of the prisoners. 

But I havent ridden it in 10 years so who knows. 

@Four is Enough,  I hope that my Aunt Helen was buried with her nurse's pin and wearing her cap and uniform.  She practiced nursing for years, up until she reached retirement age.  She and my Aunt Grace went to a diploma program in either Memphis or Nashville. I still have one of the books they had in nursing school and my sister-in-law (BSN from Michigan) has another.  It's amazing what RNs were tasked to do in the 30s -mopping floors and such in addition to caring for patients.  

As for myself, I want to be cremated.  I haven't given too much thought about what I want done with my ashes, but hopefully nothing like this:

I don't want the Grandma's ashes scene from Meet the Parents either.

I would be cool with having my ashes in Folger's coffee can or someone wearing clothes like the Dude's.  Or someone miming milking a cat.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:26 PM, bella8050 said:

Like when the thread brings us chocolate milk?

Nice.   Now I want a big glass of commercial chocolate milk and it's all your fault.   Sigh..........   

Think I'll ask my husband to run to the store and get a quart.   

But if I go into a sugar coma it's your fault!   LOL

2 hours ago, bella8050 said:

I think I was more surprised by Jill's spice collection over the sink than anything in that clip considering the recipes she posts.

I wonder how old they are? :pb_lol: 

@PennySycamore I attended both a diploma and a BS program. Once my mother gave me a relative's 1906 book about nursing... it included how to make stirrups to fit onto the kitchen table so as to assist deliveries. It also discussed the 'virgin" and the "married woman" in terms of GYN examinations. Good stuff!

@Four is Enough, I remember reading some nursing journals back in the late 70s or early 80s which stated that while the nursing profession might be moving towards the baccalaureate degree as the entry point in professional nursing, there was no question that nurses who graduated from diploma programs had clinical skills second to none.  

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It’s just a joke. It’s a reference to the Boston Tea Party because they were pouring out old tea.

I didn't watch with sound and didn't know why she was pouring out an entire container of tea. Seems really wasteful, IMO. 

I wasn't sure if they bought it just to talk about the tea party, or what. Does tea go bad? It's just water and tea. 

3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I didn't watch with sound and didn't know why she was pouring out an entire container of tea. Seems really wasteful, IMO. 

I wasn't sure if they bought it just to talk about the tea party, or what. Does tea go bad? It's just water and tea. 

It definitely goes bad, or at least stale. And it does seem wasteful, but I can't really judge as I've unfortunately definitely failed to consume stuff before it expired and had to throw it out. I try not to, but it happens. ? 

18 hours ago, artdecades said:

Wait. It’s a prison ride and you are helping the warden by shooting escaped prisoners? Do I have that right? 

That’s what I assumed. Though my judgement is clouded based on Derick’s stupid face (his face is stupid because he tweets asshole things, not because of his jaw). He is a stupid ass who probably would think prisoners trying to avoid drowning deserve to be shot.

When you find yourself with a stale cup of tea it’s a very sad thing ?

The ultimate comfort fail.

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I love those sort of games you ride, and that photo doesn't bother me any more than the ones of people intently shooting lasers to help Buzz Lightyear defeat the aliens. Even with Jill's crazy eyes going on there.

If you get to Disney at rope drop and head straight to Buzz Lightyear you can just walk on the ride, shoot aliens, walk off the ride, then immediately walk back on (unless you want to be part of the stampede towards the Snow White ride, which I want to go on but not badly enough to renact that heartbreaking Lion King scene where I’d be Mufasa)

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder how old they are? :pb_lol: 

A couple years ago my parents found spices in our spice cabinet that were labeled by my grandpa. He passed away  in 1997 :shifty-kitty:

33 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

When you find yourself with a stale cup of tea it’s a very sad thing ?

The ultimate comfort fail.

I seem to make my tea as I drink it, so I don't know. My palate is also not refined ?

32 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

If you get to Disney at rope drop and head straight to Buzz Lightyear you can just walk on the ride, shoot aliens, walk off the ride, then immediately walk back on (unless you want to be part of the stampede towards the Snow White ride, which I want to go on but not badly enough to renact that heartbreaking Lion King scene where I’d be Mufasa)

Buzz is never lined up enough to run there from rope drop, IMO. At rope drop we either head to space mountain or (usually) big thunder mountain then Splash. We fastpass seven Dwarves and whichever mountain we didn't do first thing, then ride Buzz during early fireworks or just after, when there's no line to speak of. That even worked Thanksgiving week a couple years ago. Usually we do ride it at least twice.

It's been over a year, and I'm getting homesick for WDW. There'll be so many new things next time we will have to re-do our standard schedule!

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Nice.   Now I want a big glass of commercial chocolate milk and it's all your fault.   Sigh..........   

Think I'll ask my husband to run to the store and get a quart.   

But if I go into a sugar coma it's your fault!   LOL

Will you post about how #besthubbyever brought it home to you, complete with open mouth selfies?

38 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I seem to make my tea as I drink it, so I don't know. My palate is also not refined ?

Usually it comes when you have leftover tea bags from year to year. Tea has a pretty long life, but then boom. No bueno. 

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Buzz is never lined up enough to run there from rope drop, IMO. At rope drop we either head to space mountain or (usually) big thunder mountain then Splash. We fastpass seven Dwarves and whichever mountain we didn't do first thing, then ride Buzz during early fireworks or just after, when there's no line to speak of. That even worked Thanksgiving week a couple years ago. Usually we do ride it at least twice.

It's been over a year, and I'm getting homesick for WDW. There'll be so many new things next time we will have to re-do our standard schedule!

We actually did do Space Mountain first. I forgot since I didn’t go on it. Then that was right by Buzz. While my friend was on Space Mountain I discovered the gift shop  had massage chairs. That was much needed since my entire body was sore from tubing for the first time the day before. I was actually able to lift my arms above my head again. I’ve decided that’s my favorite ride in that area of the park :pb_lol:

We could have fastpassed Seven Dwarves if we thought of that early. We didn’t look up those until the night before. Whoops. I’d say next time, but the odds that I go with someone who plans vacation details in advance are slim.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived