IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

My grandmother, who enjoyed calling herself "Lady got rocks, no cash," specifically forbid us from burying her in any of her jewelry, which had been left to my mother, aunt, cousin and me. We did bury her in some cheap plastic earrings featuring the mascot of THE local sports team she religiously followed, which I think she'd approve of. My mother has requested the same--earrings included.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm like burn and turn me into a tree, or dump me or put me on your mantle dont' care what ever you want, I won't know or care what you do with the ashes, just don't waste the money on a cemetery plot, casket and concrete tomb.

Yep, I'm going with the ashes to ashes, dust to dust method as well.  I admit this is in part due to my claustrophobia.  Logic tells me I will not be mistaken for dead and placed in a coffin and buried, but the irrational side of me says "take no damn chances!"  I've expressed that I would like most of my ashes scattered at whatever beach is most convenient for whoever is doing the scattering and if possible, a small portion scattered creekside at the home where I grew up - if the current owners are cool with that.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The latest IG with the guns...again no self awareness! 

I’m like 99.9999% positive those were fake guns. Probably for one of the games or rides at SDC.

7B2E9A84-4539-40DB-B424-5CF1E450A244.thumb.png.164f25cdd8ec48bb00065e5e056fca4d.png

35 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m like 99.9999% positive those were fake guns. Probably for one of the games or rides at SDC.

7B2E9A84-4539-40DB-B424-5CF1E450A244.thumb.png.164f25cdd8ec48bb00065e5e056fca4d.png

They look like something from a game that they might have played as DD's has numbers showing. I just think it's a stupid photo. There had to be a better or more festive backdrop.

Thats a ride at Silver Dollar City (I've been there alot as a kid... it was only 5 hours from my house)

The Flooded Mine

"The warden needs your help! The county prison mine is flooding, and some of the prisoners are trying to escape! Climb into ore carts as the water carries you through the flooded mine shafts, past jack hammers, pump stations, mine explosions and even sleeping guards.

A signature Silver Dollar City ride, kids of all ages enjoy this indoor float-through family attraction. Get your pistol ready to take aim at targets along the way! Hit the bull's eye to ring the bell, blow the whistle, and compete for points with arcade-style shoot-out fun."

It's kinda like that buzz lightyear shootout ride at magic kingdom or the men in black ride at universal. 

I dont want to be buried with any jewelry. My wedding ring is the only piece that really means something to me and I would want it to be passed on (hopefully I'll have children or nieces/nephews by then) or if I die first I know it would mean a lot for my husband to have it. I would also like to be cremated, and like my grandpa I would like some ashes surreptitiously left at Lambeau so I can be present at all packer home games. Other locations...mostly whatever makes people who miss me happy. 

On 12/16/2018 at 4:52 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

He can't let go of his glory days as a college mascot.

What a legacy, too.  Hilarious.

We had those same guns for a ride at the Gold Coast (movie world, I think. The game might have been Scooby Doo). The guns are definitely fake. 

9 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

So this is interesting enough to post on instagram? WTF? WHY?

I kind of love this, to be honest. It's just so weird and random and pointless but for once it's like... just... a funny little snapshot of their lives. Even if it is weird, they're not posing or posturing, they're not trying to share some kind of awkward sermon, there are no upset or frightened-looking children involved, nobody's shilling anything. It seems so... normal.

If Jill honestly knows about the Boston Tea Party, I am a tiny bit impressed. Although, I have no doubt the Duggars math and science education was terrible. 

Those who want their ashes scattered at a beach may be interested to know that that is not legal in the USA. You have to be 3 nautical miles offshore to leave human remains at sea. IIRC CA allows you to be just 500 yards out. We had to get a boat to do my FIL’s remains. 

5 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Those who want their ashes scattered at a beach may be interested to know that that is not legal in the USA. You have to be 3 nautical miles offshore to leave human remains at sea. IIRC CA allows you to be just 500 yards out. We had to get a boat to do my FIL’s remains. 

Am aware.

Am also aware that people are gonna do what they want... lol

p.s. I have sourced dozens tiny vials that will hold a tiny portion of my cremains, and have been writing out "tags" for each vial, with a specific location. I can't imagine 1/4 teaspoon of cremains being noticeable... lol

9 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

So this is interesting enough to post on instagram? WTF? WHY?

I think we're getting closer to hitting peak pathetic at this point. 

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Am aware.

Am also aware that people are gonna do what they want... lol

p.s. I have sourced dozens tiny vials that will hold a tiny portion of my cremains, and have been writing out "tags" for each vial, with a specific location. I can't imagine 1/4 teaspoon of cremains being noticeable... lol

Do you have someone in your life who will honor those wishes?

i wouldn’t do that for anyone, that’s a huge imposition on people already grieving imo.

12 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Thats a ride at Silver Dollar City (I've been there alot as a kid... it was only 5 hours from my house)

The Flooded Mine

"The warden needs your help! The county prison mine is flooding, and some of the prisoners are trying to escape! Climb into ore carts as the water carries you through the flooded mine shafts, past jack hammers, pump stations, mine explosions and even sleeping guards.

Dear Rufus, I loved that ride as a kid!  Probably my favorite amusement park ride ever!

I'm sure she knows what the Boston Tea Party is. That's something I knew as a kid, and I'm not even American. Fundies fetishize "American History" (their bastardized version of it, anyway) so much that I can't imagine the Boston Tea Party was never touched on during SOTDRT or in whatever propaganda material they read.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived