IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, I want to see a WELL AYKSHUALLY battle between Jeremy and Derick. Will Jeremy just start using $10 words that are juuuuuust in-context enough to make sense but still make him sound like he just discovered a thesaurus? Will Derick just start flinging ad hominem attacks when he runs out of semi-cogent/relevant arguments? Find out on this week's gripping Pay Per View! 

This was my biggest dream for 2018, a Derick vs. Jeremy social media fracas. With less than four days left in the year, sadly it seems my hopes have been dashed. But there's always next year...

(Realistically, I have no idea what Derick and Jeremy would be fighting about - I'm pretty sure they agree on most everything - but it would be so entertaining.)

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I have read a few books by his son Jamie and follow him on FB. He is really a pretty decent guy. He is tattooed and pierced and  supports LGBTQ causes..... He does not get along so well with his father though. 

He seems to take more after his mom, who may have had questionable makeup skills, but was way ahead of the curve when it came to accepting people who weren't the same. 

24 minutes ago, justodd said:

He seems to take more after his mom, who may have had questionable makeup skills, but was way ahead of the curve when it came to accepting people who weren't the same. 

Yes, he does talk about how he had such a good relationship with his mother. 

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

you made me look him up … is his ministry catchphrase "Zoinks!  Satan!"

Reveal hidden contents

P1020806.JPG

that's it … we need a caption contest...

jim-bakker.jpg

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids and that dog! 

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

(Realistically, I have no idea what Derick and Jeremy would be fighting about - I'm pretty sure they agree on most everything - but it would be so entertaining.)

Arguing over which one of them is the most smartest? Who is a better preacher? Who has memorized more psalms?

17 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Arguing over which one of them is the most smartest? Who is a better preacher? Who has memorized more psalms?

Who has the most Godly submissive wife, who's God rod is bigger? The possibilities are endless. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

My bigger issue is with the wad of gum in his mouth.  My grandfather would have freaked if I ever had it visible, it was a pet peeve.

My oldest is seven and he doesn't chew gum, I'm not sure if I'm just being a prude about it,  but I never would've given him gum at Israel's age. 

His teeth look fine to me in the latest post:

ETA: And those photos are adorable! They look so happy and normal when their parents just let them be kids rather than try to force them to “perform” for the cameras.

Paw Patrol!  Have the Dillards ever said what their stance is on TV?  I know many of the second gen-ers are loosening up on the "no outside media" rule and allowing their kids some TV exposure, so I wouldn't be shocked if Izzy and Sam were into Paw Patrol, but I don't think they've ever officially commented on it that I can recall.  

Honestly, I'd be relived to see that they get exposure to age-appropriate media rather than spending all their lives being bored to tears by Derick's anti-Communism storybooks.  

25 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Paw Patrol!  Have the Dillards ever said what their stance is on TV?  I know many of the second gen-ers are loosening up on the "no outside media" rule and allowing their kids some TV exposure, so I wouldn't be shocked if Izzy and Sam were into Paw Patrol, but I don't think they've ever officially commented on it that I can recall.  

Honestly, I'd be relived to see that they get exposure to age-appropriate media rather than spending all their lives being bored to tears by Derick's anti-Communism storybooks.  

I don’t think they’ve addressed that. At least I don’t remember them saying anything. 

Izzy mentioned a Paw Patrol character in a video from earlier this year though. I think it was when they gave him his birthday cake (when Grandma Cathy was over to celebrate) - I’m almost positive that he mentioned Chase, which is one of the dogs, by name. He has also been shown wearing Paw Patrol stuff before, like this helmet:

And these pajamas from August 2016:

Spoiler

And this shirt from a video on National Donut Day:

Spoiler

632FDAF1-BB66-40DE-8BCD-F304DB3246DA.jpeg.bc9b9d4a7b2b150af2eb5e542cb334f7.jpeg

Jill did agree on that latest post that their house is all about Paw Patrol lately:

Spoiler

BDC1FB8D-14CF-420D-8FD8-1FEE05F80BAE.thumb.png.9414ae8211590ba6e9a34701224dd2c3.png

I would guess that they probably watch the show. We know they watch movies because Jill shared a video at some point of some of her siblings over for movie night, which featured several laptops and people watching different movies in different rooms. If they don’t then they may have Paw Patrol books though.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

She has mentioned watching things on Netflix and has asked for recommendations online before. I think Paw Patrol is one of the shows they are able to watch.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t think they’ve addressed that. At least I don’t remember them saying anything. 

Izzy mentioned a Paw Patrol character in a video from earlier this year though. I think it was when they gave him his birthday cake (when Grandma Cathy was over to celebrate) - I’m almost positive that he mentioned Chase, which is one of the dogs, by name. He has also been shown wearing Paw Patrol stuff before, like this helmet:

And these pajamas from August 2016:

Reveal hidden contents

And this shirt from a video on National Donut Day:

Reveal hidden contents

632FDAF1-BB66-40DE-8BCD-F304DB3246DA.jpeg.bc9b9d4a7b2b150af2eb5e542cb334f7.jpeg

Jill did agree on that latest post that their house is all about Paw Patrol lately:

Reveal hidden contents

BDC1FB8D-14CF-420D-8FD8-1FEE05F80BAE.thumb.png.9414ae8211590ba6e9a34701224dd2c3.png

I would guess that they probably watch the show. We know they watch movies because Jill shared a video at some point of some of her siblings over for movie night, which featured several laptops and people watching different movies in different rooms. If they don’t then they may have Paw Patrol books though.

Quoting myself:

Correction. They do have a television.

And we know that Izzy at least watches/knows about Peppa Pig too:

Spoiler

We haven’t watched Peppa Pig yet, but we know families who have and they seem to think it’s a great show. 

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We haven’t watched Peppa Pig yet, but we know families who have and they seem to think it’s a great show. 

I read a conspiracy theory that Peppa Pig causes autism. And that is all I know about that show :pb_lol:

There are a lot of weird conspiracy theories out there.

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I read a conspiracy theory that Peppa Pig causes autism. And that is all I know about that show :pb_lol:

There are a lot of weird conspiracy theories out there.

I've heard a rumor that listening to DerDork preach causes vomiting.

Just now, onekidanddone said:

I thought that was a well known fact 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ve heard a rumor that recapping a Jeremy Vuolo Bible Study will drive you to drink because dead brain cells are better than actually listening to him...

(Not really. But it was pretty close. :pb_lol:)

Peppa Pig has the most annoying voiceovers of any children's cartoon or show out there, bar none. Like it's not even close. My son likes it because the pigs oink/grunt like after every 3rd word they say which he of course thinks is hilarious (he's 3). Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

7 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Peppa Pig has the most annoying voiceovers of any children's cartoon or show out there, bar none. Like it's not even close. My son likes it because the pigs oink/grunt like after every 3rd word they say which he of course thinks is hilarious (he's 3). Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Worse than Caillou?

Oh my word, I teach 7th and 8th graders and they think Peppa Pig is the funniest thing. and they snort. all. the. time. which of course makes this one student particularly mad because theyre just making fun of the way she laughs and, well, needless to say, Peppa Pig noises and references are "banned" in my classroom. LOL!

^ was about to post exactly that. Kill it with fire.

I got an Instagram ad for Chacos and that reminds me of the Dumbards so of course I flagged it as inappropriate. 

Paw patrol is such a difference from peppa pig. PP is kind, teaches manners and cooperation, while peppa teaches my kid nothing but talking back, laughing at others, not sharing, yelling etc. It's banned at my house.

The Bates babies (and every other 3-year-old in the United States of America) watch Paw Patrol too, right? It seems like a good fit for these kids, since it's about characters with careers that their families have typically gravitated toward: law enforcement, firefighting, construction, piloting...

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I pray to Rufus that there will never be a Peppa Pig/Caillou cross-over episode 

I'm still waiting for the Breaking Bad/Counting On cross over. Counting on Breaking Bad. Bad Counting on Breaking. On Counting Bad Breaking.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived