IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/derick-dillard-slammed-for-lying-about-his-weight-on-twitter/

Seriously I don't understand how he thinks little stunts like this are going to help his reputation. It just pisses people off and makes him look more like a sketch liar. It's very patronizing

Also, him using weight loss as an example to school people that you have to actually work to accomplish things is annoying coming from someone who has probably never been close to overweight in his life.

He should work harder at making content that people really want to see to accomplish getting more social media clicks. Instead it is bullshit and tricks. Take your own advice D and put the work in.

Advice about working hard from someone who refuses to work hard is annoying

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

He's a great example of a person who is nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

WORD. Towards the end of his time on the show, his dorko joke meter was off the charts. Cringe worthy to watch.

4 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Advice about working hard from someone who refuses to work hard is annoying

I'm sure not gagging must be very hard for him. He does have to look at himself all the time. :P I bet he works really hard at that! 

Derick is a legend in his own mind and now he’s a pop psychologist.  

Fuck you Derick, weight loss is not just a matter of discipline you ignorant creep!  Also, you’re too messed up and hysterical to be a good lawyer.  Go away.

16 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I’m actually in Australia right now! :)

Will definitly check it up. Sounds like a good show. He watches lots of weird stuff on youtube, like kids opening presents and all those horribly annoying baby shark videos. Need to lure him away from that crap. 

Oh well there you go, thats handy lol. Yes dont worry me too... dont know what concerns me more, that he wants to spend time watching that crap or that people spend time making up that crap. ITS CRAP! :) Enjoy your stay!

It's telling that he couldn't find anything in this life that he accomplished and had to go with a clickbait title instead. 

12 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Derick is a legend in his own mind and now he’s a pop psychologist.  

Fuck you Derick, weight loss is not just a matter of discipline you ignorant creep!  Also, you’re too messed up and hysterical to be a good lawyer.  Go away.

and you are my faveourite person today. 

the man needs to shut up

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's telling that he couldn't find anything in this life that he accomplished and had to go with a clickbait title instead. 

he did get his wife pregnant instantly - like an hour after the wedding.... :D

3 minutes ago, nst said:

he did get his wife pregnant instantly - like an hour after the wedding....

We don't want to know anything about that.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

which i actually clicked on and which makes me mad. 

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

yes showing us the used pregnancy test was enough to last a lifetime. 

18 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Yes, the continual posting of the exact number of days pregnant she was was enough to tell us that she was on her period at the wedding. WAY too much information!

42 minutes ago, nst said:

and you are my faveourite person today. 

the man needs to shut up

he did get his wife pregnant instantly - like an hour after the wedding.... :D

His sperm probably found some way to grift into her egg. :pb_lol: 

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Yes, the continual posting of the exact number of days pregnant she was was enough to tell us that she was on her period at the wedding. WAY too much information!

First: ew.

Second: can you believe this is the same Jill we see today? Remember how happy she seemed, all the posts about #babydilly, Derick still looked normal and hadn't gone batshit crazy in public. Fast forward 4 years and it's like two completely different people. It really makes me wonder what precipitated the massive changes.

49 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Second: can you believe this is the same Jill we see today? Remember how happy she seemed, all the posts about #babydilly, Derick still looked normal and hadn't gone batshit crazy in public. Fast forward 4 years and it's like two completely different people. It really makes me wonder what precipitated the massive changes.

Derick realizing he was sold a false bill of goods and a woman child.

Derick realizing JB’s dishonest.

Jill realizing that she married a man who doesnt really like kids or work.

Derick realizing that he doesn’t really like kids.

Both parties realizing they picked an incompatible dud.

I also think Jill realized she's not meant for long term missioncations, only short ones, that one really hit Derelict as he wasn't done wandering the globe. 

Jill's inability to have home births hit her hard and I really do think something serious enough occurred after Samuel's birth that she won't be able to have anymore kids or it has severely limited the number and she might only be able to have 1, maybe 2 more. I also think this affected Derelict, he lost his dreams of griftmissions because his child minded bride is terrified of brown people and towel racks.  

I think Jill & Derelict were in love with the idea of love and marriage and never each other, now reality has set in for both of them and they are miserable but too stupid or too lazy to get therapy to make it better, just WORK on making it better, or divorce, count their losses and move on. 

Jill also went from being the golden daughter and the most popular one on a high rated TV show to being one of the most disliked and not being in front of the cameras. I honestly believe she thought that after she got married and pregnant, she would have an easy home birth, throw Israel off on the next generation of sister moms and get pregnant again in 6 months. Rinse and repeat. Also she would still be in the big house, maybe go on a mission for two weeks once a year and Derick would be the perfect fundie husband. When the total opposite happened, she did not know what to do. As much as I hate both of them. I kinda do feel somewhat bad for Jill. Her parents sold her this amazing idea of marriage and kids, but did her a great disservice.

10 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

Jill also went from being the golden daughter and the most popular one on a high rated TV show to being one of the most disliked and not being in front of the cameras. I honestly believe she thought that after she got married and pregnant, she would have an easy home birth, throw Israel off on the next generation of sister moms and get pregnant again in 6 months. Rinse and repeat. Also she would still be in the big house, maybe go on a mission for two weeks once a year and Derick would be the perfect fundie husband. When the total opposite happened, she did not know what to do. As much as I hate both of them. I kinda do feel somewhat bad for Jill. Her parents sold her this amazing idea of marriage and kids, but did her a great disservice.

Yeah, it really is a rude awakening. As you all know, I was raised fundie as well. I did everything I was "supposed" to do according to my parents (not that I had a choice). I ended up marrying a man who was secretly gay. I saved myself and my heart for my future husband my whole life. We courted (because dating is bad ?) and once we got married I was finally allowed to have sex, and he wouldn't have sex with me. At the time I didn't understand why. About 2 weeks into our marriage I realized that he might be gay but for years he never admitted it. We "couldn't" get a divorce so I stayed with him for 14 years. I can count on 1 hand the number of times we fooled around sexually. For me, it was terrible. I thought I had done everything right and didn't end up with the fairytale life I was promised. I've now been on my own for a little over 2 years. I'm just now starting to date other guys and realize what I was missing all that time. It's really hard not to get bitter over that. I have alot of emotions that go with it. Anger, bitterness, confusion, etc etc etc. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

10 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

well you just shared something with me that i didn't know ...hoping it was her last day at the wedding otherwise that is just more gross than i want to know or derick truly didn't care...

6 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

turdgate, and izzy's endless birth i personally think and the cancellation i bet all lead to this 

perhaps she was able to handle ofjill's endless health issues off screen, i don't think she was able to handle SCA.

i also think the cancellation and the outing of what happened really affected her. 

The last thread title is so fitting for Wreck's latest blog - their behavior is always pretty weird.

Maybe Dwreck could get a pseudonym and start posting on trash click bait sites.

I'm not sure if this was noted already but that headline about Derek is actually incorrect. I read the blog post the tweet linked to on their site and the 400 lb weight loss story is given as a "too good to be true" facetious example about over-ambitious New Year's resolutions. I know it's tempting to always believe the worst about these two but Ok is just not reliable. 

Maybe Derick being super busy with law school is keeping him out of trouble and out of Jill's hair. Hopefully being back home and not having a gazillion kids is having a positive effect for the kids. I don't really care if the parents are personally happy but would rather kids grow up in the least worst possible environment.

10 hours ago, SillyDillys said:

Yes, exactly. Jill thought she was going to be the next Michelle. She'd have endless interviewers, a fawning of fans, a nice house, a dream marriage, be able to jet off on missionaries, get pregnant every year and toss the kid to sister-moms. None of that happened. She got what most people get. Real life. She was married to someone she didn't really know, her labors went wrong, she got stuck having to take care of her own kid, she was dragged from her big house off to Central America where she was away from her family, had no one to take care of her kid for her, and didn't like where she was. Nothing turned out the way it was suppose to and her parents never prepared her or taught her any skills on how to handle any of it.  

Things would have gone better if 1) she'd been smarter about care during her pregnancy and 2) Derick had let Jill have a year to recover and learn how to be a mother before taking her off to SCA. 

They both need to get counseling to deal with the traumas they've experienced - Jill for the sexual abuse and the traumas of her births not going well, and Derick for the death of his dad and nearly losing his mother. Both of those are huge things to happen to a person, and neither seems to have dealt with them in any  meaningful way. 

14 hours ago, nst said:

perhaps she was able to handle ofjill's endless health issues off screen, i don't think she was able to handle SCA. 

Agreed. She was not the same when she came back from SCA. Before they left, she was all bubbly & happy. When they got back, she was distant & even if she smiled, it never made it to her eyes. It was kind of jarring to see, actually. I’m sure that she thought that going there for an extended period of time would be just like a regular mission trip, just longer. Then they got there, with a baby, not knowing the language, no help from a big family, and it was nothing like the other mission trips they’d been on. 

Can I just say I chuckle whenever I see the acronym SCA? It gives me a laugh to imagine Derick and Jill in the Society for Creative Anachronism. The funny thing is that I could actually see them being totally into it if they weren't fundies.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived