IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

I love the way the conversation here was half Jill's food preparation snark and half organ donation discussion. It was sort of inevitable. I guess. lol

The mug in that picture is awesome but I'll bet Jill doesn't even drink coffee. She probably thought, "Hmm. What might make me relatable to other moms? Oh, I know!"

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So on Derick's IG we learn Jill has prepared sushi (which, even when poorly made, takes effort and quality/pricey ingredients).  What does she post instructions for on her own IG?  Chickenetti.  

Why? Is this her attempt at clickbait, knowing our morbid fascination with her coronary-inducing concoctions?

21 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I love the way the conversation here was half Jill's food preparation snark and half organ donation discussion. It was sort of inevitable. I guess. lol

The mug in that picture is awesome but I'll bet Jill doesn't even drink coffee. She probably thought, "Hmm. What might make me relatable to other moms? Oh, I know!"

She said it was a gift from her sister-in-law (Deena Dillard.) I’d guess she just thought it was funny more than anything. 

And I now present two total winners from the comments:

7A4EBB25-3403-48D2-8EC4-2F42EF21CF97.jpeg.0135180a207dce73467ff6485756af90.jpeg

Spoiler

426197F1-0A07-4D43-8227-86D77D3014FE.jpeg.64dee3b32dc8d287db8a65cec454ff84.jpeg

:pb_rollseyes: :doh:

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She said it was a gift from her sister-in-law (Deena Dillard.) I’d guess she just thought it was funny more than anything. 

And I now present two total winners from the comments:

7A4EBB25-3403-48D2-8EC4-2F42EF21CF97.jpeg.0135180a207dce73467ff6485756af90.jpeg

Hide contents

426197F1-0A07-4D43-8227-86D77D3014FE.jpeg.64dee3b32dc8d287db8a65cec454ff84.jpeg

:pb_rollseyes: :doh:

I've always known her content isnt exactly designed to attract Rhodes Scholars but even I'm gobsmacked at the level of blatant idiocy displayed here.  My vote's on lenaharris58 for top moron but it's a close race.

Can't people just be pleasantly shocked that Jill has revealed a possible sense of humour?

I thought the mug was cute. I think so many are so used to Jill trying so hard to be something, that when she pulls off just being Jill that they don't know what to think of it. I think if she spent more time just being herself she would be a lot more relatable to everyone,   

I love the coffee mug, but I’m not surprised that neither Jill nor any other Duggar made the purchase. I love a good  joke, especially one aimed at parenthood. The Duggars, OTOH , just present as a group that couldn’t or wouldn’t have the energy or inclination to joke about the pitfalls. IMO, the Duggars are rather MEH to the elements of life that give most of us a good chuckle. They likely wouldn’t find ?  Memes funny either. This is what happens when you become monolithic...all individualism is muted.

Imagine getting offended by that mug, it is obviously a joke and even Jill, not someone known for a sense of humour, found it funny. 

Now if the known to be a bit more snarky Jessa or the coffee-addict/roaster/lover Jinger posted their photo with that mug, it would seem more believable and funny!

I'm not offended but I would think the mug is funnier had it not been in the hands of someone who very likely blanket trains. *shrugs*

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I've always known her content isnt exactly designed to attract Rhodes Scholars but even I'm gobsmacked at the level of blatant idiocy displayed here.  My vote's on lenaharris58 for top moron but it's a close race.

I’m pretty sure lenaharris58 was trying to be snarky and it fell flat.  At least that’s what I hope. Otherwise what a weird combination of shaming for being too modest but not modest enough. And the whole no sense of humor about kids thing. I’m infertile and would love to have kids more than anything, but I also realize kids can suck. Especially little kids.  

I do wish that Jill could find her thing, and a $$$ maker even more so as her headship refuses to work.  At this point and until Jill figures out who she IS, Jill would be better off going silent ala Joe and Kendra.

The vileness coming out of people like Pickles and this Lena gal (as well as some of the emotions here) makes me think some folks are dealing with a terrible holiday season either from loneliness or stress.  I am so high on sugar this over action to a mug seems flat out outrageous to me. 

I have been having a wonderful time, I am the oldest girl in a mega-sized family so I am on full blown second mom duty. I relish it at this time of year, coordinating the parties, wrapping pjs, filling stockings, making sugar cookies with my nieces and nephews, refilling the candy canes on the tree as they not so mysteriously disappear.  

I am so, so sorry for those who find this time of year particularly difficult. 

My daughter has a mug that has something about "coffee is the reason for the talking, walking, adulting thing", I want one that says "without coffee I'm just a 2 year old who can't find her blankie". 

And, yes, there were times that coffee kept my kids alive (well, that and the whole going to prison thing).

It's just a dumb, basic coffee mug with a trendy slogan on it, marketed to young mothers. Why be offended? 

Lenaharris58 is not winning a Nobel prize anytime soon.

I think I have a little issue with the fact that this woman (jill) has a husband that has no interest in their kids, most likely blanket trains, and she seems to only care about her children when they were infants or in utero. Idk anything Jillard does irks me ever since her wedding season. She just has the out of touch holier than thou attitude. Like she probably mentions all the time how she was the Duggar  daughter Bride and how quickly she got pregnant. Topped with her ignorant, husband Derprick. I got a whole lot of irritableness with them.

I think I'm just irritable being at work rn with jerk last minute shoppers.

18 hours ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

What denomination are you? As I understand it, the main issues people have with organ donation are (A) desecrating a dead body, and (B) removing organs while the heart is still beating. But I'm Orthodox, so YMMV.

I’m conservative, which according to the link @VelociRapture shared allows for organ donation.

10 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

The vileness coming out of people like Pickles and this Lena gal (as well as some of the emotions here) makes me think some folks are dealing with a terrible holiday season either from loneliness or stress.  I am so high on sugar this over action to a mug seems flat out outrageous to me. 

I have been having a wonderful time, I am the oldest girl in a mega-sized family so I am on full blown second mom duty. I relish it at this time of year, coordinating the parties, wrapping pjs, filling stockings, making sugar cookies with my nieces and nephews, refilling the candy canes on the tree as they not so mysteriously disappear.  

I am so, so sorry for those who find this time of year particularly difficult. 

I was just popping in on this thread after being out of the loop on nearly everything and had to stop to acknowledge this comment. Sorry in advance for getting OT and sentimental:

I can't find the proper words to tell you how incredibly lucky you are. My Christmas consists of just myself, my parents, and my sibling because we're distant/estranged from the rest of the family (I can't tell who's fault it is at this point). Even more unfortunately, this is likely my dad's last Christmas as he is terminally ill and requires round-the-clock care. Things between my mother and I aren't the best. My sibling is only here for a week before they go back home abroad. We're trying to make it work, but mostly just want it to be over.

It's stuff like this that makes me want my own spouse and kids so bad, or at least a holiday where I'm not losing my favorite person in the world or walking on eggshells to not upset anyone else. The most fun I've had this year has been through events/parties at my work, and going shopping and being surrounded by Christmas decorations and normal people. With the pain this year has brought me, I can't imagine being nasty to anyone enjoying their time. It warms my heart to know that people like you are able to make the most of this season, and then some. I hope to be similar some day.

53 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I was just popping in on this thread after being out of the loop on nearly everything and had to stop to acknowledge this comment. Sorry in advance for getting OT and sentimental:

I can't find the proper words to tell you how incredibly lucky you are. My Christmas consists of just myself, my parents, and my sibling because we're distant/estranged from the rest of the family (I can't tell who's fault it is at this point). Even more unfortunately, this is likely my dad's last Christmas as he is terminally ill and requires round-the-clock care. Things between my mother and I aren't the best. My sibling is only here for a week before they go back home abroad. We're trying to make it work, but mostly just want it to be over.

It's stuff like this that makes me want my own spouse and kids so bad, or at least a holiday where I'm not losing my favorite person in the world or walking on eggshells to not upset anyone else. The most fun I've had this year has been through events/parties at my work, and going shopping and being surrounded by Christmas decorations and normal people. With the pain this year has brought me, I can't imagine being nasty to anyone enjoying their time. It warms my heart to know that people like you are able to make the most of this season, and then some. I hope to be similar some day.

I am so sorry. I am sending warm, positive vibes and prayers for your dad.

We are not having a good Christmas. It's pretty much just my husband, Grandmother, and my two divorced parents who are not easy to be around, especially my narc mom.

On Jill making Sushi as a Christmas tradition: Do you think they spend Christmas Eve with Derick's family and Christmas Day with JB & Michelle?

They were with Derelict's family on Saturday. That's where Jilly Muffin got that mug and the sushi kit (both from Dan and Deena).

Just now, marmalade said:

They were with Derelict's family on Saturday. That's where Jilly Muffin got that mug and the sushi kit (both from Dan and Deena).

I’m going to pretend that the sushi kit had a bit of snark to it. Here’s a sushi kit so you can make it at home since no one works in your house. 

To everyone having a crappy Christmas....sending you all love, peace and hugs. Know that there's someone who really does give a darn about you and wishes she could give you a big old bear hug. 

32 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I am so sorry. I am sending warm, positive vibes and prayers for your dad.

We are not having a good Christmas. It's pretty much just my husband, Grandmother, and my two divorced parents who are not easy to be around, especially my narc mom.

On Jill making Sushi as a Christmas tradition: Do you think they spend Christmas Eve with Derick's family and Christmas Day with JB & Michelle?

I can't imagine Momma Cathy strays far from her precious misunderstood meltyfaced little boy during the holidays.  

I wanna know what Jill put in her sushi.  The rice looked a hot mess (too wet) and I'm baffled by the green onion and avocado on the cutting board.  But then, maybe it's some weird-assed pseudo-Asian food she's copied from that cringey "Japanese" restaurant she keeps bragging about going to on IG. The one where Japanese people apparently eat green salad, imitation crab rolls and deep fried Chinese dumplings with forks. :(

18 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

love the way the conversation here was half Jill's food preparation snark and half organ donation discussion.

I am hoping that this discussion didn't morph into organs into the Chickinetti.

15 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My daughter has a mug that has something about "coffee is the reason for the talking, walking, adulting thing", I want one that says "without coffee I'm just a 2 year old who can't find her blankie". 

And, yes, there were times that coffee kept my kids alive (well, that and the whole going to prison thing).

I believe that completely. The few times we ran out of coffee growing up it I'm not sure who it was hardest on my parents or my brother and I. We'd volunteer to walk to the store and get coffee for them. Spending our own allowance if we had too. Those hours without coffee were....very tense. Mom and Dad were on edge. My brother and I would try hard to stay quiet or save any bad news for after they drank coffee. The whole keep your head down until the coffee was bought and drank. Then they were back to their normal happy selves. Later it got easier after my brother and then I each worked at the grocery store all they had to do was call up and ask us to bring home coffee and we always did. My brother and I teased them about it all the time. They both insisted it wasn't that bad and that they weren't that bad. We both disagree while it wasn't as intense as when they both tried to quit smoking at the same time (which by the end my brother and I chipped and bought them a pack). It was hard. And kind of funny. Their reactions to finding out we were out of coffee were hilarious and so were some of their rants. They sounded like kids finding out there's no more ice cream or candy. As we both became adults we understood the need for caffeine. Especially with work and for him work and kid. 

5 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I can't imagine Momma Cathy strays far from her precious misunderstood meltyfaced little boy during the holidays.  

I wanna know what Jill put in her sushi.  The rice looked a hot mess (too wet) and I'm baffled by the green onion and avocado on the cutting board.  But then, maybe it's some weird-assed pseudo-Asian food she's copied from that cringey "Japanese" restaurant she keeps bragging about going to on IG. The one where Japanese people apparently eat green salad, imitation crab rolls and deep fried Chinese dumplings with forks. :(

TBH/TBF, those sorts of "fusion" Asian restaurants are very, very common in areas of the US where there, well, aren't very many Asian people, or there isn't a very strong Asian immigrant/diaspora community like you'd see in larger cities. The restaurants are geared towards non-Asians and non-Asian palates, which, hey, if it means that a small business owner is making a buck (and IME, the restaurants are often owned and run by Chinese or Korean immigrants), isn't the worst thing in the world. Also, just as an illustrative example, even though I actually fucking lived in China and ate some of the most delicious food in the world there, from rural truck stop spicy noodles to seafood banquets in Shanghai, I still love Americanized Chinese food. Just because something is not perfectly "authentic" (and continuing with my example and it applies to Americanized Japanese food as well: I'd argue that Americanized Chinese food is just as much a piece of cultural and gastronomic heritage as the Chinese-in-China food you'd only see on an episode of Parts Unknown) doesn't mean it can't be any good. 

I know usually I'm the massive elitist asshole about food/clothing/wedding decor but I'm on team Jill here. There is nothing wrong with Asian fusion as long as it tastes good and eating it makes you happy. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived