IGNORED

Dillards 71: YAAAAAY

Coconut Flan

In @HerNameIsBuffy's first posted picture (under spoiler), it looks like he is handcuffed to the woman next to him.  Can anyone else see that?  I think it is a heavenly sign, but it could be my wine.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2018 at 12:45 PM, SilverBeach said:

It's so easy for sarcastic families to overlook that not all family members will appreciate that mean and hateful sounding shit. And frankly, sometimes more sensitive family members are "teased" with this shit in an intentionally hurtful manner. You don't know how a child will be affected when they get older. I find humor about amputations just unbelievable. I wouldn't want to be shown this type of "love", and there are better ways to cope with life. Different strokes for different folks.

BTW, I don't equate "real" with sarcastic and mean. Many perfectly "real" families don't talk to each other in a harsh and denigrating manner. 

Condescending much? I'm sure there are many nice families where they speak to each other normally but mine is not one of them for many reasons. You are not required to like it or agree. 

10 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

In @HerNameIsBuffy's first posted picture (under spoiler), it looks like he is handcuffed to the woman next to him.  Can anyone else see that?  I think it is a heavenly sign, but it could be my wine.

I see that, too @CTRLZero!  Aren't handcuffs too kinky to be worn on a religious TV show?

1 hour ago, HurricaneBells said:

Condescending much? I'm sure there are many nice families where they speak to each other normally but mine is not one of them for many reasons. You are not required to like it or agree. 

I know that, and you are not required to try to chastise me for not liking or agreeing with anything posted on FJ. It's been said many times that anything posted here is subject to be commented on positively or negatively. You can read condescension into my post if you want to, but I expressed my opinion, nothing more or less. Geesh.

BTW, I'm speaking from experience being on the receiving end of allegedly funny and harmless harsh and critical banter from my own damn family as the overweight child. Shit wasn't funny and it hurt. I was called "too sensitive", fuck that.

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"Not true" what a compelling argument. 

He's really gonna give F. Lee Bailey a run for his money. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He probably got bad grades on his finals and that's why he's being well, himself on Twitter. 

That would fit in with the fragile male syndrome that he has going.  He, like Trump and so many other poor put upon white men, who shoulder the burden of being in control of everything and having all the authority and still sucking at life. 

On 12/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, patsymae said:

Well, thanks to everyone here. I signed an organ card and planned on having the rest, which is probably most, cremated and in running water somewhere, but now I think I'll donate to science. If they can find anything useful, more power to them. My alma mater has a reputable medical school, so off goes the email.

I'm five pages behind so this may have already been mentioned, but when I worked with the Gift of Body program at my state university, you could not be an organ donor and donate your body. You had to pick one. Med students need complete (or mostly complete) cadavers to work on. You could donate your corneas and if you'd had your appendix removed, that would not disqualify you. 

You could direct your family to donate your organs unless you were ineligible and in that case donate your body. 

I believe in the program that I worked with that the family had to pay for transport of the body to the university but then the program would pay for cremation and either burial or mail return of the ashes.

16 hours ago, Evangeline said:

What a bizarre interpretation of Proverbs 20:10! 

I edited**DID NOT** see the same quote on Brandon and Micheals thread.   

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why did Jill drag her whole family to shop at cousin Amy's store??

I often wonder about this. My sister does this as well, she will have her husband and 2 kids go with her to the most mundane tasks. It is very strange when she does it too I've never felt the need to drag my family with me on every little task and or errand. We mostly just shake our heads and go about our business, we'll never really figure out why she has to take her husband kids with her to pick up a box of mac & cheese at the local grocery store. When she could go by herself an a fraction of the time. 

16 hours ago, nst said:

i saw jim baker on television preaching in hawaii, I was so shocked...he still wants money

I will send you some opposed to him! 

I have read a few books by his son Jamie and follow him on FB. He is really a pretty decent guy. He is tattooed and pierced and  supports LGBTQ causes..... He does not get along so well with his father though. 

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I often wonder about this. My sister does this as well, she will have her husband and 2 kids go with her to the most mundane tasks. It is very strange when she does it too I've never felt the need to drag my family with me on every little task and or errand. We mostly just shake our heads and go about our business, we'll never really figure out why she has to take her husband kids with her to pick up a box of mac & cheese at the local grocery store. When she could go by herself an a fraction of the time. 

Not sure about other moms, but I preferred shopping sans kiddo.  It was easier and quicker.  But for Jill, this is probably considered quality family time.

56 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It’s possible that they both wanted to go to offer support. Or they were already doing other stuff in the area and decided to stop by to say hi. 

9 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Not sure about other moms, but I preferred shopping sans kiddo.  It was easier and quicker.  But for Jill, this is probably considered quality family time.

It is easier and quicker, but I actually prefer having my daughter with me to be honest. She’s 2 and it’s a lot of fun to wander around pointing things out to her. The grocery store can be especially fun since we can talk about different foods, shapes, colors, numbers, etc. Plus she has the best time saying “Hi!” to everyone we walk past. :pb_lol:

(I’m a SAHM though, so I can usually plan around her naps and meals easily. I might feel differently if I had a full-time or part-time job because you don’t have as much time to get things done.)

On 12/26/2018 at 11:36 PM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

... my sister and I regularly answer the phone saying "What's up ho?" or "how ya doin' bitch." To one another, always in jest though and if it's something serious we need to talk about we never say that to one another. I mean we can always tell we're joking, and we're both adults now too. 

I'm late to this topic, but I was tickled pink to see that someone else uses "what up ho" as a greeting. My daughter and I do this. But not in front of grandma, who probably wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

My parents made me feel unloved and lower than dirt without out ever uttering a swear. They're good Christians doncha know. My own family thrives on highly irreverent, acerbic humor but none of us doubts the love and affection we all feel for one another. Ironically, the kids always knew when ex hub and I were having a serious disagreement because of the civility of our  discussion. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It could be the shadows but Israel's teeth look grey. 

I'm really glad you mentioned this. I was concerned about Israel's teeth as well. I know the Duggars have been shown (over and over and over) receiving dental care, but I hope they care for the baby teeth of the little ones as well, instead of being the dentist's best customers when the adult teeth come in.

I'm not snarking on Israel in any way, just trying to show gentle concern.

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I noticed it, too.  I think it could be from antibiotics.  

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That would fit in with the fragile male syndrome that he has going.  He, like Trump and so many other poor put upon white men, who shoulder the burden of being in control of everything and having all the authority and still sucking at life. 

THIS. Derick likes to act like he's such a Big Boy going to law school and having kids with his pretty wife, but I'm willing to bet that Sam is more emotionally mature than he is. 

Also, I want to see a WELL AYKSHUALLY battle between Jeremy and Derick. Will Jeremy just start using $10 words that are juuuuuust in-context enough to make sense but still make him sound like he just discovered a thesaurus? Will Derick just start flinging ad hominem attacks when he runs out of semi-cogent/relevant arguments? Find out on this week's gripping Pay Per View! 

54 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

When OneKid was tiny going to the grocery store without her was a real and rare treat. I got rather giddy being able to zoom from isle to isle. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I take it as a "you should bring your whole family to shop" plug for the store.

41 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe it's the gum?

42 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My bigger issue is with the wad of gum in his mouth.  My grandfather would have freaked if I ever had it visible, it was a pet peeve.

47 minutes ago, justmissedquiver said:

I'm late to this topic, but I was tickled pink to see that someone else uses "what up ho" as a greeting. My daughter and I do this. But not in front of grandma, who probably wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

My parents made me feel unloved and lower than dirt without out ever uttering a swear. They're good Christians doncha know. My own family thrives on highly irreverent, acerbic humor but none of us doubts the love and affection we all feel for one another. Ironically, the kids always knew when ex hub and I were having a serious disagreement because of the civility of our  discussion. 

My sister frequently answers my calls with "what do you want, bitch?" and I usually do the same. I tell her not to call me when I'm at work for this very reason. She also wished me a happy birthday by sending me an animated GIF of a naked, greasy Danny DeVito clawing his way out of a leather couch (this scene, for anyone curious) with the caption "you many years ago today". 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived