IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

I'm cheating and checking FJ when I should be working, but I have to chime in on the eye thing.

I kind of think this is being blown out of proportion. How many posts referencing their 'blue-eyed baby' did they make? One? Plus, I don't think there are really Instagram filters that can turn brown eyes blue. I tried it out on my (hazel) eyes. There were some filters that really brought out the blue/green/grey, but in every single one of them, even the one that made them look the most blue, you could still clearly see the brown in the middle. Felicity obviously still has blue eyes, so any filter they use is going to make her eyes look blue, and JinJer have always been guilty of overusing filters.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, Boogers said:

Ponce City Market is always packed with people, especially on the weekends. Shocked they got pictures without other people in them.

Do you live around here too? Let’s meet over Dancing Goats coffee sometime. ;)

im halfway considering buying a ticket to the G3 summit or whatever that event is for next year. They have early bird pricing right now and Jeremy all but confirmed he’d be back. I’d love to see a pack of Duggars in the wild, but I’d even more love to hear him speak and see if he tones it down for more mainstream Christians. (Unless this is more like a fundie event...I doubt it. Anyone know?)

My family is white and half of them have brown eyes, the other half blue. The brown eyed ones harbor some tinges of resentment about it. I think brown eyes are beautiful though. They look so deep to me. 

Well, she doesn’t come right out and say she’s taken any of their classes, but Skillshare is paying her to promote their classes. 

Spoiler

23D00752-7EF4-4970-B1D9-F74A1C273708.thumb.jpeg.5c4785ca65fe5cf295e9e483b36bb3a5.jpeg

Spoiler

6A60EF80-A730-4F42-BE8A-54B28984869F.thumb.jpeg.0c1c41146b3bf581de5d716fc2cb1ac6.jpeg

Spoiler

7A138067-F2F2-467E-BD9C-51155ED13280.thumb.jpeg.2d5e1acae8ba67ca5dbfeb6b42ffd289.jpeg

It never occurred to me to be concerned about the color of my kids' eyes. I must be a bad mother. ?

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It never occurred to me to be concerned about the color of my kids' eyes. I must be a bad mother. ?

The worst. You probably also raise them with love and acceptance. And let them have exposure to the world. How dare you provide your children with a safe and secure home and encourage them to explore and learn? 

On the eye color thing: I love eye colors and its always the first detail I try to look for in a person that I meet. My wife always tells me that she can never remember people's eye color, not even the people she is close with. That's when I realized that it is not normal to know the eye color of almost every person you meet, I guess?

Anyway, Felicity might be the first Duggar baby overall (children and grand-children), to have brown eyes. And yes I think she is on her way to have brown eyes just like Jeremy. Jeremy's parents also both have brown eyes. Brown dominates blue in color, so if Jeremy does not have an recessive gene for blue eyes (which is unlikely), all their babies will have brown eyes.

And yes, I do think that they enhance the rest of blue that is in Felicity's eyes with a filter of some sort. She is not even a year old and it's very likely that she will have brown eyes eventually.

Duggars eye colors are interesting. As I said, there has not been a brown eyed baby so far:

- Michelle has blue eyes, JB has green eyes and very light ones too. All their 19 children either have blue or green eyes.

- All the Duggars-in-law also have blue eyes, except for Jeremy (brown) and Lauren (hazel).

- All the Duggar grand-children so far either have blue or green eyes except for Felicity. (Of course, no announcement from Josiah and Lauren yet, but we'll see)

Btw: A while back Jill did put a post on instagram where she talked about her blonde, blue eyed baby and everyone was critisizing her for it.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don’t think it has occurred to them either. 

I have brown eyes and I have always liked them. Ex Mr Angel’s are blue and Mini Angel’s are green. I must admit I was quite pleased about Mini Angel’s eyes because my dad has green eyes too whereas everyone in Ex Mr Angel’s family has blue eyes. Since Mini Angel looks very like Ex Mr Angel, I was pleased there was some evidence of my genetic contribution!

7 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Well, she doesn’t come right out and say she’s taken any of their classes, but Skillshare is paying her to promote their classes. 

Reveal hidden contents

23D00752-7EF4-4970-B1D9-F74A1C273708.thumb.jpeg.5c4785ca65fe5cf295e9e483b36bb3a5.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

6A60EF80-A730-4F42-BE8A-54B28984869F.thumb.jpeg.0c1c41146b3bf581de5d716fc2cb1ac6.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

7A138067-F2F2-467E-BD9C-51155ED13280.thumb.jpeg.2d5e1acae8ba67ca5dbfeb6b42ffd289.jpeg

If *that* is what she learned to do, I'll save my money and just used what I learned on MySpace. :pb_lol: 

I'm shocked that Jinger is promoting secular photo classes when she undoubtedly has a quarter zillion fundy friends who will teach you to take Photos for Jesus.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

He's just such a preening buffoon. (referring to Jeremy)

Good one!

10 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Btw: A while back Jill did put a post on instagram where she talked about her blonde, blue eyed baby and everyone was critisizing her for it.

To be fair, everyone was criticizing her because she was indulging in bald-faced colonialist attitudes, bragging about how the savages precious locals of Central America all "here about and want to see and hold the 'big blue-eyed, white baby' LOL"

I'll always be supportive of people pointing out how awful the Vuolos are (and I have 0 doubt that they are, in fact, impacted by the white supremacist ideas they consume constantly), but I don't really get the eye color thing. TBH some folks seem to be using the possibility of the Vuolos being weird about blue-eyed kids as an opportunity to be weird about blue-eyed kids.

Genetics are interesting. My Dad has green eyes, my Mom's are blue, mine are hazel, and my brother's are that deep chocolate brown. One of my best friend's, both of her parents have brown eyes and they have two green eyed children. It's such a mixed bag! 

I do think they purposely pick filters for the eyes but I don't think it's a singular obsession. It's just that ALL their photos are posed, staged and "perfectly" curated (in their eyes). Dark blue eyes that appear lighter or dull-ish blue eyes that are glowing blue is not much different from strategically picking eye-popping red socks, wind/a fan blowing at Jinger's skirt and so on. It's all part and parcel of the same pretentious "our life is a catalogue" line of photography.

There has been a lot written about the negative impacts of social media, and one of the main ones is that people look at other people's seemingly perfect lives and become depressed. And Jinger and Jeremy take this to the next level. They're always fresh, dressed up, their child is smiling, dressed in Etsy-dorable clothes, they're traveling, eating at cool places, drinking hipster coffee, etc. It's the worst/most irritating Instagram of all the Duggars. 

Brown eyes are the most dominant eye colour. My dad has brown and my mom has blue. Both my sisters have blue and I have green. I find it interesting that none of us got his brown eyes. 

And I think there's a lot of overthinking on here about Felicity's eye colour. Her parents may be whacked out nut jobs with toxic beliefs, but I doubt they care that much about what colour her eyes are. 

I will just repeat that Jinger and Jeremy are toxic assholes, though no not because of their overuse of filters. I will once again recommend researching John Piper and the never-ending horrible misogyny he promotes. One of his followers actually wrote in and asked if a wife has to ask her husband's permission to go the bathroom. John Piper, rather than asking what the hell kind of question is that? paused thoughtfully and oh so magnamiously stated no, a wife doesn't have to ask her husband's permission to use the bathroom. Yes, incredibly John Piper does have "mainstream" following and leg humpers galore. 

On 1/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, Kailash said:

I think Jinger calling Jeremy’s eye color hazel was innocent, in that some people don’t actually know what the color hazel is. 

They did present a picture in that episode where his eyes did have a hazel hue to them. To be fair hazel eyes don’t always photograph obviously hazel. I have hazel eyes and unless I’m taking a photograph in the proper lighting they often photograph on the darker side. I was just talking to my husband about this and how most people would probably assume I have brown eyes based on photos but in reality they are obviously hazel in person and present like the bottom photo below.

Here’s a weird zoomed in photo of my eyes in different lighting for comparison. 

78593CD6-69B5-48FE-9023-27BC0743C4F4.jpeg

There actually are plenty of photos of me as an older baby/young toddler where my eyes were a blueish color. Maybe Felicity really will end up hazel but in our case my husband has brown eyes and all four of our kids have brown eyes, none inherited my hazel. They’re not easy to pass on if you marry a brown eyed person.

Jeremy's twitter likes are full of dudes being shocked that, at a G3 conference specifically about "cultivating missions culture in the local church", people kept mentioning racism and power imbalances! And suggesting that the guys who wrote the "Statement on Social Justice" (where they said that working against racism is a "distraction" from the gospel) might not be the best qualified to talk about sending Americans to evangelize other countries! The nerve!

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

(where they said that working against racism is a "distraction" from the gospel)

For believers isn't combatting racism doing God's work?  Standing up for the humanity of others?

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

For believers isn't combatting racism doing God's work?  Standing up for the humanity of others?

Not for Jeremy and his "society"! To quote:

And we emphatically deny that lectures on social issues (or activism aimed at reshaping the wider culture) are as vital to the life and health of the church as the preaching of the gospel and the exposition of Scripture. Historically, such things tend to become distractions that inevitably lead to departures from the gospel.

11 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Not for Jeremy and his "society"! To quote:

Hmmm... I total agree they should leave social issue alone... if they were talking about social issue like the anti-choice movements desire to change the wider culture.  Unfortunately, that is not what they mean. 

Yyyuuup, for people who dismiss "lectures about social issues" they sure have been liking a lot of tweets about how New York is sacrificing its infants to Moloch. :P

And we emphatically deny that lectures on social issues (or activism aimed at reshaping the wider culture) are as vital to the life and health of the church as the preaching of the gospel and the exposition of Scripture. Historically, such things tend to become distractions that inevitably lead to departures from the gospel.

How do they even write this bullshit with a straight face?

3 hours ago, JingerSnaps said:

Hmmm... I total agree they should leave social issue alone... if they were talking about social issue like the anti-choice movements desire to change the wider culture.  Unfortunately, that is not what they mean. 

Yep, they are big fat hypocrites, who need to read "The Hole in Our Gospel" .

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived