IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

26 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

What is on Felicity's head? It looks like one of those foam packaging nets for fruits. Thrifty, I suppose.

It's a satellite dish, so that the Lord's Word can be channelled directly into her brain.  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

What is on Felicity's head? It looks like one of those foam packaging nets for fruits. Thrifty, I suppose.

Rufus bless you Sorenaj image.png.e7c20d774c8baabf301554e176758215.png

John Piper is evil, evil, evil. He of the "women should stay and endure being beaten for a night" infamy. Oh but women can defy their husbands wishes if it's "sin like he's wanting them to participate in group sex." So group sex is sinful, but beating of another human isn't. Got it. Fuck you, Jinger and Jeremy for cozying up to such an evil man. 

17 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

John Piper is evil, evil, evil. He of the "women should stay and endure being beaten for a night" infamy.

Whaaaaat? I'm not up on John Piper's particular brand of nonsense. He actually said that women should endure being beaten? The fuck? How do guys like this still have massive followings? Shouldn't people be calling out the Babes for praising and associating with someone who condones that?

Or are we going to have someone appear to tell us that this isn't worth discussing because millions of people think beating your wife now and then is okay? :my_rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I worry about the exact same thing with the Rodrigues children. Someone once guessed that Nurie is writing at a 4rth grade level. I find that believable which is 4 years less education than the Amish! There is no way that is a functional adult level of education, not a snowballs chance in hell. 

People talk about the Amish being under educated! Look at some of these people!  And actually, the Amish, despite having an 8th grade education not only speak 2 languages but also do self studying depending on what their job/ trade is. It might mean books on raising crops or cabinet making etc..... 

@singsingsing, it might be on You Tube where John Piper addresses domestic violence, and yes the miserable shit says women should endure being beaten for a night. Warburg Watch has many good articles exposing Pipers toxicity. I don't agree with their theological slant overall. However they are wonderful in calling out John Piper time and time again. 

21 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Whaaaaat? I'm not up on John Piper's particular brand of nonsense. He actually said that women should endure being beaten? The fuck? How do guys like this still have massive followings? Shouldn't people be calling out the Babes for praising and associating with someone who condones that?

Or are we going to have someone appear to tell us that this isn't worth discussing because millions of people think beating your wife now and then is okay? :my_rolleyes:

I found this on his website:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/clarifying-words-on-wife-abuse

I guess he had previously made a statement of some sort on the subject, was criticized, and felt the need to clarify. I’m guessing this was his response to the situation @Pecansforeveryone mentioned. 

I think this is the video she mentioned too:

ETA: Actual quote from the video:

”If it’s not requiring her to sin but simply hurting her, then I think she endures verbal abuse for a season, and she endures perhaps being smacked one night, and then she seeks help from the Church.”

ETA2: He’s of the opinion that the wife’s Church should protect her and tell the husband to back off. :pb_rollseyes:

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I found this on his website:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/clarifying-words-on-wife-abuse

I guess he had previously made a statement of some sort on the subject, was criticized, and felt the need to clarify. I’m guessing this was his response to the situation @Pecansforeveryone mentioned. 

I think this is the video she mentioned too:

Oh Lord. I fucking love this part:

Every Christian is called to submit to various authorities and to each other: children to parents (Ephesians 6:1), citizens to government (Romans 13:1), wives to husbands (Ephesians 5:22), employees to employers (2 Thessalonians 3:10), church members to elders (Hebrews 13:17), all Christians to each other (Ephesians 5:21), all believers to Christ (Luke 6:46).

Um, great. So it basically all cancels itself out! How is anyone really submitting if you're all submitting to each other? If wives have to submit to their husbands, but Christians all have to submit to each other, then husbands also have to submit to their wives. So why even talk about wifely submission? Gotta love bible babble.

Regardless, I'm glad he wrote the clarification and I sincerely hope he holds to it and continually reminds his followers of it.

Thank you @VelociRapture! The Blessed St. John made his "clarifying remarks a few years after his initial response. Not a few days, a few weeks, a few months but a few years. The terrifying thing is John Piper is well-respected, even adored and idolized in Reformed circles and has heavily slanted the Southern Baptist convention with his nastiness. 

(Clarifying remarks or not, he is a non-stop, raging misogynist of the highest order.) 

Isn’t one of the hallmark signs of a cult is when members accept, believe and endorse repulsive and harmful behaviors and ideas? There is no way to sanely justify some of these ideas.

I've probably awkwardly walked through a dozen tourist pictures in front of the John Harvard statue on my way to my favorite ramen place (Hokkaido Santouka Ramen, in Harvard Square, mmmm). Maybe I've accidentally photobombed some of you, if it was in the past two years ? Also, if you're on the campus, visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History. It has the most hilariously bad taxidermy I've ever seen.

As for that John Piper character.... sounds a lot like backtracking to me. "I didn't meeeeaaan to sound so horrible, what I meant was that a women should get help from her church! Not those ebil local authorities, though, after all, she should have known her place and submitted in the first place..." What a shitbag. I wonder how many women stay in abusive relationships because of what pricks like him preach.

6 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Case in point with JB was him bodychecking Josiah(?) in the laser tag game. 

I have a mother who competes with/needs to be better than me, and it's awful. 

I got one of those two. The best was when I got engaged 24 years ago, she went and got herself a newer bigger engagement ring than mine, she didn't bother telling my dad she was doing this either. He was NOT amused. My ring has baguettes around a 1/2 carrot diamond making the ring look bigger, than her 3/4 carrot solitaire was. I have big man hands, so I wanted something that looked a little larger to accommodate that without, being over the top and expensive.  My mom as long slender fingers and hands, if I'd had smaller hands I would have gotten a smaller ring, it is just the way I personally like things to look. My baguettes total a 1/4 carrot so technically my ring was the same size as hers, it was just new & sparkly and hers wasn't. :pb_rollseyes:

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That net headband is so awful.

Why does Jinger always stick her head forward in this awkward way? I know people talk about Jill and the raised eyebrows, but I swear to me Jinger looks like she has a dislocated neck in so many pics.

I think there was some discussion awhile back when Jessa posted Piper's 9 Arguments Against Anxiety on IG.  She got a lot of blow-back about that one and its been all cute kid photos ever since.

Yep for someone who is in pictures so often her defualt pose/facial expression is weird! And I say this as someone who takes an awful photo! 

6 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

That net headband is so awful.

Why does Jinger always stick her head forward in this awkward way? I know people talk about Jill and the raised eyebrows, but I swear to me Jinger looks like she has a dislocated neck in so many pics.

I do the same thing in photos, and it drives me crazy! In the moment, I feel like I look engaged, alert, and friendly... then I see the photo and I'm like "what am I doing??" I've tried to stand up straighter, but then I look fat (my double chin comes out and my hips are in full view). I'm not a large person, so I think it really bothers me that where I hold my weight shows that way, so it reinforces the forward lean, which also looks dumb, and the cycle continues.

Now I just mostly try to avoid photos, or try to stand close enough to someone that I can turn slightly to have my arm around them and that pose seems to work ok for me. If anyone has advice on how to look normal in a photo, please help!

I wonder why they always seem to hold Felicity out front with their hand on her bottom and another around her middle, like she is sitting up?  Just holder like a baby, even Jill gets that right, she can't seem to do anything properly. 

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder why they always seem to hold Felicity out front with their hand on her bottom and another around her middle, like she is sitting up?  Just holder like a baby, even Jill gets that right, she can't seem to do anything properly. 

Oh this one is easy.

Because they are showing her off, complete with her curated outfit, which took those geniuses at least 2 hours to put together the night before (not counting the time spent scouring Etsy for said cutesy outfit). If you hold her close to your body you obstruct the full-body view.

15 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Oh this one is easy.

Because they are showing her off, complete with her curated outfit, which took those geniuses at least 2 hours to put together the night before (not counting the time spent scouring Etsy for said cutesy outfit). If you hold her close to your body you obstruct the full-body view.

DOH!  Now why didn't I think of that? 

52 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Oh this one is easy.

It could just be how they feel most comfortable holding her. My husband held our daughter like that a lot when she was young because her legs were too small to sit comfortably on his hips. Or it could just be how Felicity prefers to be held.  If she’s a very observant baby then she may like being able to watch what’s happening and this position may make that easy for her.

(I do prefer your explanation though. ?)

Reading the Bible definitely cured my anxiety, in the sense that after I read it cover to cover I realized that there was no way I could possibly continue identifying as a Christian, and after I stopped trying to be a Christian, my anxiety went way down. It's a miracle!

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Oh this one is easy.

I actually hold my dog like that. If i try to hold him the normal way he flails his legs around. 

15 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That is the fakest smile I have seen out of Jeremy. Holy crap, he looks like Chandler Bing! :P 

8 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

I think there was some discussion awhile back when Jessa posted Piper's 9 Arguments Against Anxiety on IG.  She got a lot of blow-back about that one and its been all cute kid photos ever since.

gone are the days of jessa showing us how pregnant she is...or days of ben and the coffin and the crows. 

5 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

I actually hold my dog like that. If i try to hold him the normal way he flails his legs around. 

now this is hilarious. ! 

I saw one of those things like Felicity is wearing on her head at Target today.  It was wrapped around a grapefruit.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived