IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know how he can be an effective pastor, he's gone more than he is there. I'd surprised if he preaches 1 sermon a month.  

And to be a good pastor, you need to do a lot more than just preach your sermon on Sunday. Good ones are involved in their communities, they help organize, if not run, various church groups, they work with the musicians or the choir, if there is one, they visit their sick congregants at home and in the hospital, they prepare couples for marriage, baptisms, etc. It's possible that Jeremy does these things but I doubt it. First, because he's never there. Second, because he is so vain and his wife equally as vain, any such charitable acts would be Instagrammed to death along with proclamations of his greatness. No, he's all about traveling, reading his books, navel gazing, taking photos with religious leaders while wearing (what he thinks is) a stylish suit, and posing for his wife.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, adidas said:

I’ve always wondered why that style of headband is so popular, imo there are other cuter styles.

edit I searched and they’re not the cheapest style to buy:

http://www.princessbowtique.com/elegant-ivory-chiffon-rose-infant-baby-vintage-headband/

https://www.rococlothing.co.uk/pink-headband-rose-no-pic/

My cousin's son, who is the father of two daughters, posted a question on FB..... how many bows is enough for two girls. Answers..... never enough, thousands, endless. His wife is interested in a bow of the month club too. They are Evangelical but not super Fundie. 

My nephew's sister in law had a baby girl a week ago, and that child's head wear could easily rival Felicity's!

20 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Casual 100th reminder that y’all, BAABE knows how to read!

I feel like they’re trying to set us up to mock them.

“Baaaabe, what if we posted a photo of you reading a fancy newspaper  by that chandelier? You know the heathens would love to mock it! Let’s do it”

“Good idea baaaaabe. I’ll pretend to read The New York Times to really up the snark factor. It really is instagram perfect baaaabe”

And then they take a bunch of photos and keep trying different ways of proping up the newspaper so we can clearly read the name.

Someone commented “You and your husband have so much class...” and I can’t tell if it’s genuine or sarcastic 

Baaabe! We have to retake the first 3 pictures because you were holding the newspaper upside down!! Oh baaaabe! 

I hated wearing bows when I was little, but I hated wearing hats even more. I agreed to wear a bow once a year on Easter, so I didn’t have to wear a hat to church.

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Casual 100th reminder that y’all, BAABE knows how to read!

Who wants to bet that Jeremy didn't actually read that newspaper because the NYT is too liberal for him? 

43 minutes ago, Boogers said:

Ponce City Market is always packed with people, especially on the weekends. Shocked they got pictures without other people in them.

Well when you're willing to sit there and wait for an hour to get a perfect shot for Instagram...

3 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The Instagram post has been removed. Was it just Jeremy reading the NYT?

Yep. It was reposted on his ig and it’s still there

The fact that they think reading The New York Times (the newspaper with the largest U.S. circulation) somehow makes someone a member of the intelligentsia only undermines their attempts at sophistication and elitism.

It's like when Voddie Baucham bragged about his SAHD reading The Communist Manifesto. You know that fifty page booklet that is commonly read by public schoolers in tenth grade world literature class? So impressive. Much knowledge.

I don't know if this is weird to anyone else, but they ALWAYS post so many posts right at the same time. Both of them. So on my feed it's always a barrage of their posts, one after the other. It's so much.

I was pleasantly surprised to find one woman called Jeremy out for not posting anything about MLK day when he posts about everything else. She hit the nail on the head with "I think you don't really believe in the equal treatment of all people."  Yeah, Jeremy really is the tooliest of tools. 

I don't know whether to be agree or disagree about Jeremy not tweeting about MLK. If he did, it would probably be some tone-deaf bullshit and MLK didn't get assassinated for OfBabe to pontificate about him.

Latest Felicity photos on Instagram - damn if they didn’t bend over backwards to find the one filter that would make (even just one) eye look blue. 

I wonder how old she will be before they give up on headgear. I live in the northeast and have an 11 month old and I would never keep a thick knit hat on her indoors. We’ve seen tons of pics like that, it’s for the look, nothing else.

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I wonder how old she will be before they give up on headgear. I live in the northeast and have an 11 month old and I would never keep a thick knit hat on her indoors. We’ve seen tons of pics like that, it’s for the look, nothing else.

I assume it's because she doesn't have much hair yet. I can't think of any pictures of her recently without a hat, hood, or head wrap on.

At least they haven't resurrected the fake pigtails. Jinger will probably just find a hair filter to make it look like Felicity has lots of hair pretty soon....

I hate to get slightly BEC about the way they present themselves and their child. I have completely liberal acquaintances who do the same kind of "perfect family" thing on social media. But as someone upthread a ways said, they seem to be treating social media as their ministry and it rubs me the wrong way. 

One of my sisters used only share photos of her kids with certain filters too because she desperately wanted them to keep their blue eyes, but they all turned brown. They looked a lot like Felicity's do now. I wonder if the Baaaabes will be as bent out of shape about it as she was lol.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

One of my sisters used only share photos of her kids with certain filters too because she desperately wanted them to keep their blue eyes, but they all turned brown. They looked a lot like Felicity's do now. I wonder if the Baaaabes will be as bent out of shape about it as she was lol.

I don't understand why anyone would be bent out of shape over eye color. I guess I do, JinJer are shallow and the blue eyes fits the image, but get over it folks, you don't get to choose, unless you genetically choose your embryo. 

If they get lucky the next one might get those dirty blond  light eyed Duggar genes but damn they are showing how ridiculous and basic they are. 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:35 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

I was pleasantly surprised to find one woman called Jeremy out for not posting anything about MLK day when he posts about everything else. She hit the nail on the head with "I think you don't really believe in the equal treatment of all people."  Yeah, Jeremy really is the tooliest of tools. 

But he posted a mighty photo of him with "the African Spurgeon." Surely that counts as an MLK acknowledgment or quote.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I’m interested to see how they handle this as well, but I’m even more interested in how well they’ll handle her (normal) behavioral changes as she grows up. My daughter was a super sweet little baby - very clingy and really only wanted me, but very sweet and easy going. She’s now 2 and is still a really sweet and compassionate kid, but OH MY GOD the tantrums are SO real now! Distractions tend to work well enough for now, but there’s no telling what might piss her off. And she’s into everything since she started crawling and walking too - I had to put some of my old and prized books onto a high shelf in my closet so she wouldn’t accidentally destroy them. I left my Yale Shakespeare collection out though because she’s surprisingly gentle with those and she likes to sit, flip through the book, and declare “sad!” (which, funny enough, is usually true since she tends to grab Hamlet and Richard III.) 

Every kid is unique and many parents can surprise themselves with how well (or poorly) they adapt to the changes in their kids, but I’m curious how JinJer will deal with it all.

- Will they deal with tantrums with as much patience as they can (which I’ve found can vary greatly depending on the situation) because they realize it’s part of being a kid? Or will they blanket train her into being as meek* as her mother? 

- Will they roll with the punches as Felicity starts getting into everything when she becomes mobile? Or will they pitch an absolute fit if she accidentally ruins something they didn’t remember to baby proof properly? 

- Will they accept the interests that Felicity expresses interest in as she begins talking and making her preferences clear? Or will they force her to participate in only the activities they see acceptable for a daughter?

- Will they respect her wishes if she indicates that she doesn’t like having her photo posted online or being filmed for the show? Or will they tell her to put a smile on for the camera because it’s what Jesus wants her to do? 

- Will they let her run around in less than pristine clothes because she got messy trying to feed herself? Or will they insist on feeding her themselves until she’s old enough to not spill constantly? Or, if they do let her feed herself, will they constantly be changing her into clean clothes the second one outfit gets a tiny spot on it, even if Felicity doesn’t want or need to be changed?

*Their word, not mine. I’m positive Jeremy said he wanted their daughter to be as meek as Jinger at some point.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived