IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't understand why anyone would be bent out of shape over eye color. I guess I do, JinJer are shallow and the blue eyes fits the image, but get over it folks, you don't get to choose, unless you genetically choose your embryo. 

i think it means and i could be wrong - something about "race" cough cough 

think oprah and that episode which got people riled up

jeremy reminds me of that 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the eye color, my eyes were like Felicity’s as a baby and now they are hazel. Didn’t Jinger say that Jeremy’s eyes were hazel during an episode before they got married? 

Thanks, @VelociRapture. I'm sure Jeremy wants a meek daughter just the same as a meek wife. While I didn't think Jeremy would "free" Jinger, I did think he would encourage her to take Bible classes or a few community college classes since I thought he valued education. How wrong I was. 

I get the reason Chik Fil A spells it "Chikin" but every time I see it all i can think of are a bunch of red necks. :pb_lol: 

22 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Thanks, @VelociRapture. I'm sure Jeremy wants a meek daughter just the same as a meek wife. While I didn't think Jeremy would "free" Jinger, I did think he would encourage her to take Bible classes or a few community college classes since I thought he valued education. How wrong I was. 

To be completely fair, we can’t know if Jeremy did suggest to Jinger that she could take some classes and she opted not to for some reason. I don’t think that’s the case, but considering how little we know of their lives - especially the first six months of their marriage - it is possible.

I do find it kind of interesting that the Dills are the only couple (thus far) where the wife has pursued some sort of additional education/certification post marriage. I really wish Jill had received better training or pursued a decent education in a related field instead (like Medical Assisting) or even if she had opted to pursue certification through Arkansas under a competent Midwife instead, but she still had to work hard to get the certification she does have. And she probably had to put in some effort and time for the Bible class she took as well. I wonder why that is - because Jill already had an interest prior to her courtship? Because her interest originally fit well with their missionary plans (prior to them actually being there with a baby?) Because Derick saw some possible monetary value in her plans? 

Well. You know they will spank her. That’s pretty much  a given. They will expect yes ma’am, No ma’am Etc and to be obeyed.  Other than that I expect  Jinger has been around enough babies and toddlers of different temperaments to not be all that stymied. She can always call super mom Anna or Michelle whom she idolizes for advice as well. But Felicity will be taught Jeremy is the final word and must be catered to, obeyed and the very best of all possible men. That’s also a given. 

@VelociRapture, absolutely it's possible Jinger wasn't interested. I'm just shocked how little fundies, generally seem to value formal study of the Bible considering how absolutely life and death literally they claim to to take it. Yes, Jeremy is going to "seminary." However, I don't get the sincerity from him that I get from Joe Duggar. He's just such a preening buffoon. 

I think it will run pretty close to their own experiences.  I don't think we ever saw blankets, but I can hear Michelle talking about sitting them on chairs and making them stay for minutes on them.

Don't know the prefered brand of up bring for Jeremy's family.  But it probably is more rigid than what I exeperienced or what my son did.

2 hours ago, Whatthefundie said:

With regards to the eye color, my eyes were like Felicity’s as a baby and now they are hazel. Didn’t Jinger say that Jeremy’s eyes were hazel during an episode before they got married? 

If she did then she is color blind.

I can't wait to see how her eyes turn out just out of curiosity. Both of my children had similar eyes to Felicity's. My son's are super blue now at 5, and I have no doubt they are going to be anything but blue. My daughter on the other hand went from a dark blue, to a lighter blue, to an almost grey/blue and now they jump between a blue, green or hazel depending what shes wearing but stay mostly grey/blue on average. 

That being said my husband, both his sisters, his parents and 3/4 of his grandparents have blue eyes so there is that. I have green eyes.

Jeremy made that Insta post a while ago proclaiming Felicity to be a blue eyed baby. We have no way of knowing what her actual color is due to their constant use of filters. If you look at that black & white photo of her with the inverted color teal bow they actually did the same to the eyes (!!) which if you zoom in are kind of glowing the same unnatural teal. 

Not sure which of the following is the case:

1. They are super vain and think that blue eyed babies are most beautiful so if they don’t have one it’s a disappointment.

2. Most of the Duggars are blue eyed and many of the grandkids (all but the M’kids?) have blue eyes so they want that too.

3. They think brown eyes are common AKA ordinary and we all know that Jeremy is anything but!! Even though he has brown eyes himself.

Doesn't that pink hat scream  "I'm a girl!" enough without having to put a goddamn bow on it?  She's wearing what appears to be a pink jumper too.  Do they have to never let Felicity or anyone else ever forget that she's female?

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I get the reason Chik Fil A spells it "Chikin" but every time I see it all i can think of are a bunch of red necks. :pb_lol: 

I think of the school of the dining room table. 

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

If she did then she is color blind.

I'm thinking it may be along the lines of (Duggarthink): People of other races have brown eyes. Jeremy had brown eyes, but I really like him. Since people like us can't have brown eyes, his must be hazel.

Let me repeat again- my eyes are brown and I'm most attracted to brown eyes. I think brown eyes are beautiful. Based on the number of their  (Duggar) offspring who have chosen people with blue green eyes, I wonder if they really do have a bias against people with brown eyes.

This was disgusting to write, but a lot of Duggar beliefs are disgusting.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Doesn't that pink hat scream  "I'm a girl!" enough without having to put a goddamn bow on it?  She's wearing what appears to be a pink jumper too.  Do they have to never let Felicity or anyone else ever forget that she's female?

I remember an ep when they were shopping for clothes during Jessa's first pregnancy. Jinger picked out a hat that looked like a football and said that if the baby was a girl they could sew a pink bow on it.

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

C6BF7A1C-FA80-4EF5-9DC9-518C2106D56D.thumb.png.642ad8afb4909132685b34d148c73ce0.png

Hide contents

C0E9B281-BB91-47D1-BDCF-BD898A76EB66.thumb.png.e6602d10e2b1d76df8db2f9724fd57d6.png

Hide contents

30DA694F-90DE-4E1E-8B67-D31FBCBFB26D.thumb.png.315d84dedaf012589faa05438ee71707.png

Jinger’s story pictures of felicity 

I can’t get over her little face in that first photo. Just look at that nose and the intensity in her eyes. She is taking going NOM NOM NOM very seriously.

Adding this because of the previous discussion about head wraps. Kate Hudson is using the same style of head wrap for her baby. I’m seeing them on newborns a lot on Instagram, I think it seems to be a fashion thing (whether that’s okay or not is a different issue).

On 1/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, SassyPants said:

In the Nicu whenever we admitted a patient and something  anatomical fell outside the norm, the first question the neonatologist would ask would be, “has anyone seen the parents”? Sometimes slightly outside the norm has a familial component.

I love this. Such wisdom. Not everything out of the ordinary is a problem. My son (16 now) has a smaller head, and has turned out very bright, PSAT tests just back and he is 95th percentile. I remember so well his pediatrician reassuring us when he was an infant. She said something about his head being big enough to hold his brain, and then she looked right at the baby and said, “That’s right, huh?” and he just smiled away. She was just a great doctor, forming that doctor-patient relationship with even the most tiny baby. I will never forget her including him in the conversation. Sadly we moved away when he was 3. Dr. Ell is her name and we were in Portland, Oregon at the time. Get her if you have the chance. 

About the eye thing:

I do think it could be a racial bias happening. I'm not familiar with what felicity looked like just born but it might also be an issue of they mentioned their blue eyed baby and maybe told people she had blue eyes and now that they're darker feel weird about taking that back? Both are possible. 

Also, I gotta say some people really interpret color differently. I've Def had people say something was one color and looked at them with MAJOR side eye (and not cause they were color blind) 

My Dad is colour blind. He keeps telling my cat that he has beautiful brown eyes....they're green! ?

On 1/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, AtlanticTug said:

Jeremy made that Insta post a while ago proclaiming Felicity to be a blue eyed baby. We have no way of knowing what her actual color is due to their constant use of filters. If you look at that black & white photo of her with the inverted color teal bow they actually did the same to the eyes (!!) which if you zoom in are kind of glowing the same unnatural teal. 

Not sure which of the following is the case:

1. They are super vain and think that blue eyed babies are most beautiful so if they don’t have one it’s a disappointment.

2. Most of the Duggars are blue eyed and many of the grandkids (all but the M’kids?) have blue eyes so they want that too.

3. They think brown eyes are common AKA ordinary and we all know that Jeremy is anything but!! Even though he has brown eyes himself.

I'm pretty sure the M'kids have blue eyes.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived