IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't like to iron, but I do it because I hate wearing wrinkly clothes, and my clothes always come out of the dryer wrinkly (my fault, I leave them in too long). I make sure there's something good on TV before I get started, though--a little bit of Poldark always helps! :pb_lol:

Regarding irons themselves, I've had cheap ones and expensive ones. None of them do the job well enough to suit me, really. Years ago, I used to joke with my mother in law that she could leave me her iron when she passed--a sleek, black and chrome 60s-era model that makes wrinkles melt on sight. Well, I'd forgotten about that til this thread drift came up. MIL passed away a couple of months ago. I miss her terribly, she was a wonderful human being and a blessing to us all (and she worked outside the home for YEARS, take that, Godly Mentor! :snooty: ).

Everyone else is more interested in her jewelry and expensive handbags, to have "something to remember her by." Me? I'm heading over to the house this weekend to find that iron! :pb_smile:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Been away from the Lori train for a couple days, being a whore of Babylon, but who riled up the Oracle of California to the point where she is doing videos in the middle of the night?    

women who work, have tattoos, piercings, are in debt but paying it off. Women who are single moms who are working their tails off and so forth.............

Another thought, besides what I wrote here: Maybe making videos “before anyone is up” is to preclude Ken from walking through the shot in his bathrobe or maybe even just his Jockeys.

@usmcmom I wonder if she connects it in her mind with early morning devotions. In our former fundie community, there was an emphasis (probably influenced by Elisabeth Elliot) on women getting up well before the menfolk and children for a quiet time alone with the Lord to set the tone for the day. Maybe Lori thinks she’s “helping” by making these videos available as quiet-time resources.

ETA: I don’t think in my fundie days that I would have been moved to watch a wild-eyed Lori in a bathrobe. If I were to get up early and want some human guidance for my quiet time, I would have chosen a pulled-together-looking woman, sitting comfortably  with her Bible, maybe a pen and pretty notebook, a steaming cup of tea, maybe a muffin on a plate (though she wouldn’t eat it on camera, it would just be there for the extra “cozy” factor). She’d have a kind, understanding smile (interrupted only by a look of concern, maybe, when talking about struggles), and it would be like sitting with a friend, having tea and discussing and praying together and supporting each other.

But in real life, I would not have watched a video early in the morning, as it would probably wake the kids and that would be the end of any quiet.

29 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

women who work, have tattoos, piercings, are in debt but paying it off. Women who are single moms who are working their tails off and so forth.............

Women who are not hanging on every word that proceedeth from the godly mentor’s mouth...

1 hour ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

exactly! I try to pull it out of the dryer right away. OR I will put it on a hanger, shower, leave the bathroom and have the shirt hanging on the towel rack. Steams helps. I do have a steamer but its dying. Oh check out Costco for clothes that don't require ironing. Its awesome.

Sounds like my husband's trick. If he puts dress shirts in the dryer at all, he pulls them out still damp and puts them on the hanger to finish drying. If it's nice weather, they go straight from the washer to the hanger and out on the line.

Yeah, I'm the Jezebel who makes my poor long-suffering husband do his own laundry. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Another thought, besides what I wrote here: Maybe making videos “before anyone is up” is to preclude Ken from walking through the shot in his bathrobe or maybe even just his Jockeys.

If that's the case, I'm thankful.  Very, very thankful. :scared-eek:

Lori posting in the middle of the night reminds me a certain Orange Menace who likes to tweet at 3 AM.  They're both deranged.

Dear sir, 

It's because you're a misogynist and women with tattoos don't want you. The end. Also to assume someone is promiscuous is unchristlike and none of your business. Cause dang those ankle and foot tattoos sure are sexy, very immodest. Me thinks you've been looking at pictures of under the breast and thigh tattoos in your free time. 

image.png

49 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Lori posting in the middle of the night reminds me a certain Orange Menace who likes to tweet at 3 AM.  They're both deranged.

She has undergone a dramatic change since 2016.  If you look at before and after pictures, it hardly looks like the same person.

Spoiler

m1.PNG.763d30450de3a723b86ad2f49d81ba61.PNG

2016:

Spoiler

m3.PNG.8c4f42a42aa2a8a248aa1ccc652a1963.PNG

2018:

Spoiler

l19.PNG.6bd136c03da00cae7ff2a5f64409892a.PNG

Spoiler

l9.PNG.e1af61563f451f5a693b033087d5d6c9.PNG

At some point she just started looking crazed.  I always wondered if all of her meanness would one day start to show in her face, and it did.  She looks every bit as mean and unhinged as she acts.
The difference is shocking.

Count me among the non-ironers (at least in terms of clothes. I iron fabric all day, it seems like.)

I dropped off my whites at the quartmasters and my Class A's at the dry cleaners. Mr. Bonkers irons his OCPs, even though they are supposed to be wash and wear, because he's an "I need to look SUPER professional" kind of guy. 

Lori's cheese has slid off her cracker.

@Koala  Not only does Lori look crazed, her face is much thinner and much more lined that just 2 years ago. Her skin tone is gray and dry.

If she's home coloring her hair, she's using a cheap dye. Her hair looks dry and brittle and definitely in need of deep conditioning.

Her diet of no fat (except slathers of $14 butter), yucky soup and Eikorn bread isn't healthy and the evidence is right there in those photos. 

Lori goes on and on about looking attractive for one's headship.  Maybe she should follow her own advice.

8 hours ago, keen23 said:

I know we own one, because I've seen my husband use it, but I don't know where it's kept...

I have one and Mr. Briefly has one.  I gave him my old one because he was using it to apply iron-on foil to some of the stuff on the pachinko machines and one time some of the foil stuck to the iron.  We had a little "talking to" session over that and then I bought a new iron.  Incidentally, he once used my hand mixer to stir paint with. He got a little lesson then, too!

I totally forgot about it, but I have a small collection of sadirons.  The cast-iron irons that you have to put on a heat source such as an actual flame.  They are decorative and are on the hearth of our fireplace.  I bought another one today at an estate sale, and it will join my other ones.  But I will never use them to iron clothes with!

9 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I stopped ironing after I was discharged.  I was in the last batch of troops who still had what we call "analog" cammies so I was used to ironing at least 3 times a week. The USMC was getting around to issuing everyone those gawd awful digitally printed cammies and I got mine my last year in.  No ironing.  It was a rule because of the cloth they're made from.  As if the old ones didn't make you look chubby enough....ugh those things could murder the self esteem.  I do still press dress shirts for the headship and the Boy for weddings and whatnot.  I don't mind doing it, tedious doesn't bother me.  I'm terrible about letting clothes sit in the dryer for a week at a time.

I think Lori's obsessive nature is just finally cracking her.  Control freaks gotta control, and when they can't they tend to go a little left of center. 

That reminds me of our being marooned in Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. Laundry day for me was Monday. I would spend Friday ironing and sweating over those damned late 80s BDUs.

I just asked my husband. His hierarchy was 1. digital because they were looser and more comfortable; 2. desert camis; 3. BDUs. He said he sweated in all of them but he didn't sweat as much (or as soon) in the digital unis.

Random comments:

She looks positively unhinged in that photo.

I get up between 4:30 and 5am every day...and come here to read.  :dance:

I have a tattoo and I'm a middle-aged housewife with grown kids who dresses modestly in public (headcovering even!).  Married 25+ years, no promiscuity ever.  Wonder where I fit in her tattooed lady universe?

She has really lost it again...in the comments now she says girls should not play softball or volleyball and women should not be working out in gyms...She reminds me of Dougie and his ilk and all their hysteria about well everything.  I think they become unhinged because no matter how hard she preaches, most women do not follow her advice. Despite what it feels like sometimes, I do feel like we are moving forwards in so many ways for people.  Aunt Lori just cannot stand that most of us aren't interested in Gilead.

Wow! Lori sure looks different. She actually looked nice in the 2013 pic. I don't like to snark on people's looks however I do agree with those who say her diet and all her "woo" crap has contributed to her appearance.

Hey Lori,

Enough with the salads, eat a cheeseburger. 

Use some conditioner.

Use some proper moisturizer.

Stop stressing yourself out trying to control other women on the internet. The stress of constantly having to delete comments will age you.

Play with your grandchildren.

Get dressed and brush your hair before making a video.

You will look and feel better.

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

received_2037249746321652.jpeg

Oh, the hypocricy of it all!   Fundies are so obsessed with the sex they shouldn't be having!  They see it everywhere.  I honestly never would have even thought this!  Guess when you work out you have to do it with your legs completely closed?  

I'm sure Lori would say "If women kept themselves busy being 'keepers at home,' not only would they not have time to work out, there would be no need since they'd get all the exercise they need."

7 hours ago, Liza said:

Oh, the hypocricy of it all!   Fundies are so obsessed with the sex they shouldn't be having!  They see it everywhere.  I honestly never would have even thought this!  Guess when you work out you have to do it with your legs completely closed? 

The funny thing is the ball player is more covered and her legs aren't nearly as far apart as the dancer's.

I don't have an issue with girls doing either activity. Just poninting out what I noticed 

Ah, but remember; Lori doesn't like amy kind of work, household raising her own children or working out.

Her ass is firmly placed on her fainting couch, not moving anywhere. Definitely part of why she looks much older than she is.

Which she justifies with sports = immodest. (according to the gospel of Lori)

And of course the daughter she despises is very into physical fitness, another reason for Lori to hate it. Because jealousy and such...

I do agree, she is getting unhinged, apart from her appearance and the videos in the middle of the night, the grammar and spelling mistakes are worrying. She was never the brainy type but those mistakes are getting a lot worse and English is not my first language.

Some sentences are barely coherent (well i guess she never made sense but you know what I mean). Whether that is due to her mental health declining or her brain tumor...who knows.

5 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

do agree, she is getting unhinged, apart from her appearance and the videos in the middle of the night, the grammar and spelling mistakes are worrying. She was never the brainy type but those mistakes are getting a lot worse and English is not my first language.

Some sentences are barely coherent (well i guess she never made sense but you know what I mean). Whether that is due to her mental health declining or her brain tumor...who knows.

Yes.  Benign brain tumors can cause numerous changes.  So, in a way, right now I feel sorry for her.  I dislike her (what she stands for) , but I would not wish ill health on anyone.  

14 hours ago, sixcatatty said:

That reminds me of our being marooned in Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. Laundry day for me was Monday. I would spend Friday ironing and sweating over those damned late 80s BDUs.

I just asked my husband. His hierarchy was 1. digital because they were looser and more comfortable; 2. desert camis; 3. BDUs. He said he sweated in all of them but he didn't sweat as much (or as soon) in the digital unis.

Grew up near Ft. Monmouth and went to their nursery school (late 60's).  Several friends' fathers worked there as civilian engineers and physicists.  Some trivia:  William Holden was stationed there during WW2 and Joseph McCarthy started his witch hunt among the people there.  Apparently Julius Rosenberg worked there back in the 30's or 40's.  (Sorry, I'm a Jersey Shore gal and I get excited)

As far as ironing, I used mine in college to make grilled cheese.

@AlwaysDiscerning thank you for posting that picture of Alyssa. That is the first thing I thought of when I read Lori's softball comment. I have seen very few pictures of Alyssa that would meet her mother's standards of modesty. 

Lori's daughters can dress however they want but it says a lot when Lori's children do not even follow her teachings. She would say other parents were failures in the same situation. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived