IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

There is a bunch of lunatics out there who beliefe in some parasite they called "ropeworm". They blame every illness on that non existing parasite, but esp. conditions like autism and ADHD. They treat it with enemas constisting MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement), wich is chlordioxide, a chemical used in toilet cleaners and for purifing water. If you do this often enough, parts of your colon lining will come out after that enemas and that they think is the ropeworm and see as evidence for their "infection" with an imaginative parasite. That's the kind of health bullshit that fits Lori and now I wonder if Lori will, after black salve, jump on the MMS train. A little advice if you google MMS or ropeworm, stay away from the picture search, they aren't pretty.

Thanks for the warning, I won't even google it. I felt my  colon  cringe when I read your comment. Gaahhh....

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@klein_roeschen, this reminds me of an angry video making the rounds in FB a while back. An absolutely livid woman was dissecting Lipton’s lemon-flavored teabags and pointing out the “dried worms” in them. The “worms” were strips of lemon zest.

16 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

There is a bunch of lunatics out there who beliefe in some parasite they called "ropeworm". They blame every illness on that non existing parasite, but esp. conditions like autism and ADHD. They treat it with enemas constisting MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement), wich is chlordioxide, a chemical used in toilet cleaners and for purifing water. If you do this often enough, parts of your colon lining will come out after that enemas and that they think is the ropeworm and see as evidence for their "infection" with an imaginative parasite. That's the kind of health bullshit that fits Lori and now I wonder if Lori will, after black salve, jump on the MMS train. A little advice if you google MMS or ropeworm, stay away from the picture search, they aren't pretty.

For awhile, parents were blaming autism on "ropeworms" and giving their children diluted bleach enemas. I'm gonna co-sign here and repeat: do not google unless you have a strong constitution.

Ropeworms sound like the fake malady that my brother and I made up called "ribworms". He broke three ribs and at the same time I was having rib cartilage inflammation (costochondritis) so we decided we had ribworms. It made us laugh till we cried which sucked because our ribs hurt so badly. Maybe if I can get ribworms to take off I could make a killing in woo supplements and I could work from home peddling them so it would be very godly! Win/win.

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

What right does Lori have to complain, nag, coerce, criticize, or berate others? Who is she again? What is her exalted title? What's that high place she thinks belongs to her? Why does she think making people feel terrible about themselves will make them better? This all applies to other people, not just spouses, and not just how women treat men.  The lack of self awareness is truly astounding.  

Silly! This doesn't apply to WOMENZ!   According to Lori woman can and should be put in their places constantly, especially by the MENZ.   If I weren't blocked I'd like to ask if men are allowed to have expectations? If men are allowed to be critical and correct their women?   I bet her answer would be different.  Because only women need to be taught "to think and act right" according to Lori. 

1. I hate the way she pronounces “career”. 

2. I thought she previously described a more contentious relationship with her mom. 

3. She travels for her children and Ken- I guess Door County doesn’t count since she stays put once she arrives?

4. A career can be an act of service. People in the Bible didn’t have careers as she defines them because they didn’t exist as we know them today. 

5. Erin has been posting jewelry on her IG account and said she’s adding some things to her Etsy shop. More power to her- but it’s an interactive dynamic. 

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

Kind of like Morgellon’s Disease migrated  down south 

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Sounds a bit like my kids.  One of mine is on my phone as Evil Spawn, another is currently Pennywise, has been Nyarlathotep among other monikers in the past. But my kids do have a very warped sense of humor, so take that for what it's worth. My older son asked me once how I decided which of my offspring to devour, I told him just to be glad he wasn't one of them.  :pb_lol: 

My mother is listed in my phone under "Bates Motel" -- thankfully she's a Hitchcock fan and appreciates it. :pb_lol:

Well, thank you for the education about yet another insane thing people have tried to rid themselves of autism.  I mentor moms with children diagnosed with autism on a regular basis, and this is off my grid: I had never imagined someone would feed their child bleach or put it in an enema in order to cure or control symptoms of autism.  God have mercy.  

On another note, thanks to whomever mentioned Lori's doddle about "expectations" again.  I have had an epiphany concerning Lori today, and this is an integral part.

Lori says that "Expectations destroy relationship", but this is not even scriptural.

There are over 37 mentions of "expect" as we mean it in English in the scriptures.  One of these "expect" words means "hope, trust"...

This further solidifies my suspicion that Lori has NO IDEA what a real RELATIONSHIP with God the Father is, or the Holy Spirit...or the Son...the fullness of the Godhead bodily dwelling in her (or Ken).  Because if they DID have an idea about this very real RELATIONSHIP, they would know that it is built upon EXPECTATION.

Beyond this, the Word Lori claims to believe states that ALL OF CREATION GROANS IN EXPECTATION of the manifestation of the sons of God.

In other words, all the world is EXPECTING Christians to manifest CHRIST.

I'd say expectation FUELS relationship.

5 hours ago, Frog99 said:

1. I hate the way she pronounces “career”. 

2. I thought she previously described a more contentious relationship with her mom. 

I sort of got the impression that she was thankful her mom didn't work, and could take care of Lori and Lori's children, so now Lori thinks that no women who work could have helped her. 

And wtf was she saying about parasites? 

11 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I sort of got the impression that she was thankful her mom didn't work, and could take care of Lori and Lori's children, so now Lori thinks that no women who work could have helped her. 

And wtf was she saying about parasites? 

In this video, yes. But that contradicts previous posts/comments of hers. 

9/16/13: 

“I was a great mother. Even in my sickest of days, I would have healthy meals on the table, took the children to their games and ballet, and made sure that AWANA was a weekly priority. I kept the house clean with some help, and did the laundry. I cooked healthy meals from scratch, paid all the bills and was a good manager of my home. I went to church and Bible studies faithfully. I taught my children the Word of God from the time they were small and even home schooled them some years.  I had all this energy for the kids, yet I put Ken on the sidelines.  Why didn't I see this clearly?”

There are more- I can’t go down that rabbit hole today lol.

I came across a 4/11/14 post where she shows her “new” couches- recovered for “only $1500!”. I’m all about not throwing things out, but $1500 is not cheap. We are moving and need a new sofa and love seat (ours is too big for the space), and I have found sets for less than that price (not heirloom quality of course). 

I guess I don't understand how she could be so involved in teaching her children the Bible, going to studies, etc but not know that she doesn't need to know submission to treat her husband like a human being. "Love God, love others" is the very basics of the Bibles. I never needed to know about submission to be a decent person. Why did it take her so many years to figure it out? 

Today Lori uses her blog to gossip about a woman she knows (yes, the Bible has a thing or two to say about gossip, but Lori HATES God and His perfect ways):

clean.thumb.PNG.3f26703b6eec1ff9a91802ac629dfacb.PNG

Lori mentions ironing, which reminds me of a woman I once read about.  I believe her husband's name was KEN ALEXANDER.

Ken writes:

I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing, and investments. 

That's right.  Righteous Lori didn't cook or iron for Ken.

Ken later requested that Lori iron some clothes for him:

“Well, my shirts are never ironed. Maybe you could iron some for me.”

Lori's response:

ten minutes later she came back tired and said, “You know ironing is awfully tiring. Could I maybe iron a few shirts every day and at the end of the week they will all be done?”  

That's right.  The Godly Gossip found 10 mins of ironing to be "awfully tiring".  Funny how she has the gall to gossip about "a women she used to know".

More from today's post:

Many women do this, however. They cook food from packages or get fast food, dry clean their clothes, use housekeepers often even though they don’t need them, and other things like these so they don’t have to work much at home.

She's right.  Housekeepers AND nannies "sent from heaven".  Not the Lori would know ANYTHING about nannies and housekeepers.  She's a godly woman!

A reader asks:

I have wondered recently though–how does one manage in the midst of illness? I know you have experience with being very ill–were your children very small when that began to affect you? Do you have any practical advice 

Lori lies by omission:

My Mom helped me a lot which was a huge blessing! 

Yes, her mom helped her.  But so did her employees- a maid and a nanny (who Lori claimed held her baby for hours a day, since Lori herself just left her to cry).

This is too funny.  This woman asks for a direct verse, lori links to herself. The woman again asks for a verse and 2 hours later crickets.

Screenshot_20181127-111059_Facebook.jpg

22 hours ago, refugee said:

Verge-of-tears midnight videos reminds me of someone I knew when her drinking was out of control.

Not saying Lori is an alcoholic, just saying the behavior, added to the increasing pugnacity (is that a word?) of her posts, triggered memories. Not happy ones.

This reminds me of middle-of-the-night texts I would get from a former friend who seemed to get triggered at those times.   Never knew if it was drink or ruminating too much but yeah, Lori's videos remind me of that.

What a heretic that Mandy is - rejecting the Gospel According to Lori and asking instead for Biblical citations.  Why does she hate God Lori and His Her perfect ways?

Why is she getting bent out of shape for a woman using her time wisely? Maybe the husband was perfectly fine with polyester shirts? Ironing isn't fun to me so why would I buy stuff I have to iron? I can be using the time for other shit. She didn't want to spend all her time doing housework so she used her mind to create less work. Maybe she was a painter or enjoyed cooking instead? Maybe she was a writer? It doesn't matter but a woman making less work for herself isn't Lori's business. 

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Why is she getting bent out of shape for a woman using her time wisely? Maybe the husband was perfectly fine with polyester shirts? Ironing isn't fun to me so why would I buy stuff I have to iron? I can be using the time for other shit. She didn't want to spend all her time doing housework so she used her mind to create less work. Maybe she was a painter or enjoyed cooking instead? Maybe she was a writer? It doesn't matter but a woman making less work for herself isn't Lori's business. 

Yeah, this from a woman who has removed every bit of personality from her house because 'clutter' needs dusted and she doesn't want to dust. Isn't that making less work, too? 

She makes no sense. No sense at all.

It's not uncommon for readers to ask Lori for scripture, and be met instead with a link to Lori's own words.  It's also not uncommon for readers to post scripture (with no other comments), and have Lori quickly delete it.  The main thing is for Lori to get HER message out.

In another comment, Lori says:

Spoiler

I fully know the sins of women.

That's the Omniscient Mentor for you.  She alone fully knows the sins of women.  

7 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Middle-of-the-night videos?  Where's hubby?

I am fully convinced they sleep in separate rooms.  Lori referred to a ridiculously sparse room with a small bed as "her room" in one of her YouTube videos.  On the old blog, she said she and Ken often had to sleep apart due to his travel/her "sickness".

When it comes down to it, I think Ken loves the blog because it keeps Lori the hell away from him.

She makes "her food", sleeps in "her room", and monitors "her blog" for a "majority of the day".  Doesn't leave her much time to nag and control him.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, feministxtian said:

@Loveday if you ever want advice on being a bitch, let me know. It comes from an inside space where you think "I am SO not putting up with this bullshit anymore and I'm tired of being 'nice'". 

I think we as women are programmed to be "nice" by society for fear of being called a bitch. You can be hysterical, narcissistic, all that other stuff and society thinks that's just being a woman. The minute you find your backbone and start telling people what you will and won't accept, use certain tones of voice, certain body language, you're labeled a "ball-busting bitch" in an effort to get you to back down and be pliable again. The secret is to not back down. Strong women scare the hell out of most men and other women don't want us to "rock the boat". 

In my opinion, us "bitches" are the ones who have given rise to the MRA and incel movements. These men are terrified of us. They want power and are finding they don't have it. They're finding out that acting like a caveman is not being accepted by more and more women and therefore blame US for their problems. Women like Lori are threatened by us too. They somehow, somewhere come to understand that their "womanhood" (as defined decades ago) is being redefined by a newer generation of women who have found their "inner bitch" and are not willing to sit back and let men get away with all that patriarchal bullshit. 

Deep thoughts on a Friday morning....

God, I am so tempted to just send this to my mother....minus the lori reference because she wouldn't get that.  Ugghhhh...so tempted.  My mom isn't fundie, but she is more like the traditional idealized 50s housewife, to her detriment.  It's maddening.  

9 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

God, I am so tempted to just send this to my mother....minus the lori reference because she wouldn't get that.  Ugghhhh...so tempted.  My mom isn't fundie, but she is more like the traditional idealized 50s housewife, to her detriment.  It's maddening.  

Out of curiosity, how old is your mom? There's quite a few women in my age range that are still trying to be the "traditional housewife"...I tried it, didn't like it, quit (well, got divorced) and have been significantly happier ever since. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived