IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

This video of John and Abbie was just posted on Counting On’s Facebook. 

Cute!

Its also evidence that they already did the promo shoot for next season 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

This video of John and Abbie was just posted on Counting On’s Facebook. 

Cute!

Its also evidence that they already did the promo shoot for next season 

I see knees! 

These were done pre wedding, I see no rings.  I'm very defrauded by the cute dress though, I just love hate wrapped up in trendy cute clothes.

16 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I actually thought Lauren sounded very nice, I was pleasantly surprised :)

But yeah, poor Josiah looked like a deer in headlights - I felt like there was at least once where Lauren glanced his way, "Like is your microphone not working or something, back me up at least *wink*"  If he didn't have such a performer kind of spirit, I would have thought he got stage fright or something - but I guess getting choked up last minute can happen to all of us!

Don't get me wrong! Lauren has a nice voice. She sounded good. Lauren on her own might have been better, haha.

Count me among those who thought their first kiss was cute. This is definitely JD's dorky sense of humour coming out. I'm glad they had little bits of fun in their wedding, unlike Josiah who's supposedly a jokester, but didn't allow pranks.

Speaking of which, I'm not feeling the love for Josaiah and Lauren. Something about them is awkward.

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Speaking of which, I'm not feeling the love for Josaiah and Lauren. Something about them is awkward.

I think a lot of us feel the same. I know I do, anyway. Something is just really off there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Josiah looks like he's doing what's expected of him. It's even more glaringly obvious when we see how much John lights up when he looks at Abbie.

I just watched the wedding. Well, half watched, listened mostly while looking at other things. 

Did she vow to submit? Was there a transfer of authority? Was there talk of popping out babies for god? I didn't hear any, but again, half watching. Also, he just started dating courting, without going to her father or asking his father? He just brought home his girlfriend, and that's the first anyone knew? If true, interesting. Very interesting. And so very different than the side hug in the closet after the beat down from the boob. 

As for the kiss. Yes, it was dorky. But - and I say this with much regret because I can't believe I am condoning anything a Duggar does - it was cute. It was clearly a part of who he is an individual. She wasn't bothered by it; laughed; said he was so silly, with a smile. Rather than going in for a big one because "hey, look,, our first kiss ever, hehehahahoho", he did something true to his character. Slowly, working up to it. Kind of like what most people do at 14, 15, 16...but since this IS his 16 year old girlfriend for all intents and purposes, he is behaving accordingly. It was sweet and I stand by my assessment. 

The ring & the drone, however? STOP. IT. Just freaking stop it, already! 

And, god help me, the two of them are so very clearly in love and have no shame. That's refreshing, too. Not typical Duggar. I'm used the them gushing about how awesome their god is to bring them together and courting this and courting that and the giggling and pretend modesty and all the other elements that go into their carefully crafted existence.

They are both Duggars and I have zero expectations of any of this meaning anything, other than that I think of all the marriages, they are the first couple I've seen who seem truly in love with each other rather than an idea or process. Maybe Jinger & Jeremy, but even they pale in comparison. 

I am now crawling back into my hole that has a Duggar repellant.

29 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Josiah looks like he's doing what's expected of him. It's even more glaringly obvious when we see how much John lights up when he looks at Abbie.

Yes it does. We might find their ways hateful, but I do think they adore each other and will have a good marriage. Same with Joe and Kendra, you can tell he is gaga for her.  It shows in their eyes. 

Josiah's smile, is not very convincing and doesn't reach his eyes. 

I see this relationship crashing and burning in the not too distant future. I give them 5 years before neither of them can take it any more.

19 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I sobbed watching that Walmart teddy bear commercial about a week ago. The week before my period, and the drop of the hat could make me bawl. That came on and I was ugly crying while eating a Mars Bar.

I saw it in a waiting room before visiting my dad a while back. It literally made me sob. Then again I'm stressed out these last few months  and i love teddy bears. Yep, that's it. 

41 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

As for the kiss. Yes, it was dorky. But - and I say this with much regret because I can't believe I am condoning anything a Duggar does - it was cute. It was clearly a part of who he is an individual. She wasn't bothered by it; laughed; said he was so silly, with a smile. Rather than going in for a big one because "hey, look,, our first kiss ever, hehehahahoho", he did something true to his character. Slowly, working up to it. Kind of like what most people do at 14, 15, 16...but since this IS his 16 year old girlfriend for all intents and purposes, he is behaving accordingly. It was sweet and I stand by my assessment. 

exactly! I liked that he didn't go in for *fanfare* The Kiss. When you're crazy about someone and you've never touched them before, you are so much more likely to be thinking about kissing their forehead, their hand, their cheek, than leaping straight down their throat. I thought it was quite sweet and real - he wasn't scoring a point or claiming his right, he was doing the thing I guess he'd wanted to do for a long time.

The drone was everything I hate about Duggar weddings though.

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was 6 weeks postpartum when Peter came home for Christmas and put on the coffee pot, using Folgers coffee - and his little sister spotted him from the stairs. Yeah. That commercial. BAWLED. Giant heaving sobs.

Totally still bawl to that commercial every. damn. time. 

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I see knees! 

At least she covered her collarbone. 

Hands, shoulders, cheeks, mouth.  Is that some kind of ILBP approved foreplay? 
He missed some other pairs to kiss. Feet, knees.... 
I think someone memorized both Song of Solomon and Dr. Wheat's fundie sex book.

On 11/18/2018 at 6:25 PM, BlondeIdol said:

You know, this is only the second or third time I've seen a picture of Abbie's bridesmaids. I am going to be a bridesmaids next year in my cousin's wedding and I am 90% sure she was sending me a link to the exact same dress this morning. Link in spoiler. Does this mean I am going to look like a Duggar's bridesmaid? Help I'm scared.

Hey, just FYI, I was looking at the Macy’s Black Friday Sales, and —-since Google God’s knows everything — - it let me know that the bridesmaid dress is on a really good sale.  https://www.macys.com/shop/product/adrianna-papell-sequined-tulle-a-line-gown?ID=4838027&CategoryID=80422&RVI=Browse_4&tdp=cm_choiceId~z4838027~xcm_pos~zPos4

What a disgusting wedding! 

Abbie had no problem with using Ruth's words to Naomi (Ruth 1:16) in her wedding vows. It doesn't work like that. Ruth loved Naomi. Those words were spoken from one woman to another. So if that is how you love each other, John and Abbie, then surely this is how Ruth and Naomi loved each other. You don't get to take her words, and use it for your hetero wedding, when you deny gay people any rights whatsoever.

Had Ruth and Naomi come up to you and asked to get married you would have preached to them that they are an abomination and going to hell. Today you are getting married, all nice and pretty, tomorrow you are out handing out pamphlets saying gay people are going to hell, and then you are actively preventing them from having human rights because you feel they are lesser than you. 

You don't get to appropriate Ruth's words like that, Abbie. You just don't. 

I actually loved the way he worked up to the Kiss. I also think Lauren has a lovely voice, I had to rewind to even hear Josiah. I laughed at Josiah with the flowerly walk. Oh boy. 

Overall I liked the wedding because they liked it so much. The drone should’ve been left out though. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived