IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That kiss looks both normal and comfortable. Not like it’s new to them. Either they’re just a good match or they had a little practice. If so, good for them! :romance-kisslips:

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

That kiss looks both normal and comfortable. Not like it’s new to them. Either they’re just a good match or they had a little practice. If so, good for them! :romance-kisslips:

I swear people say this about every single Duggar couple who gets married. :pb_lol:

I think John and Abbie have phyisically touched one another a lot through their relationship (not just your occasional side hug) and are pretty at ease with one another. That’s probably why any kiss seems natural. 

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I swear people say this about every single Duggar couple who gets married. :pb_lol:

I dunno. There was plenty of snark about the Joshley face eating, the DerDip, and the awkward yet steamy Siren kiss. I don't remember Joystin, or JoKen, or JinJer, and Benessa had theirs in private (props to them).

On 11/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, Knight of Ni said:

How do you like your instant pot? Asking for a friend. Okay FJverse is it worth swapping my 15 year old slow cooker for an Instapot? Also asking for @Knight of Ni's friend.

We love ours. We use it almost every single day. We are vegetarian, so no meat here, but we use it for a range of things. The speed and ease for prepping a meal for our family is a huge deal here. 

Hubby added it to his Christmas list adter I saw it posted here and he Goggled it so I suspect we'll get one from somewhere in the family!!

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Maybe ”everything” was a bad choice of word. But I still wouldn’t go to my cousins wedding if they invited me and pretended my husband doesn’t exist because they don’t approve of our marriage. Even if they acted super nice and polite and avoided the subject. 

They have a thousand guests. It’s not like anyone would notice a cousin was missing.

True. I wouldn’t go if my partner wasn’t invited. But I think they would have invited both. Or did I miss something? Just like I believe they invited Derick. 

Probably just because that is „how you do it“. Like relatives you „have“ to invite to keep the peace. Many families feel more comfortable living with topics to avoid and inviting people and dealing with them on a bare minimum just for the sake of it. It is easier than addressing problems and maybe openly breaking with people. I think they will be probably super friendly on a superficial level. It doesn’t seem as if the cousin is on bad terms with her family or Abbie so whatever their arrangement is- it seems to work for them. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think John and Abbie have phyisically touched one another a lot through their relationship (not just your occasional side hug) and are pretty at ease with one another. That’s probably why any kiss seems natural. 

This makes me think... I feel really badly for any Duggar whose love language is touching. With all of their procedures they put in after Josh's inappropriate behavior towards his sisters (it has been discussed enough here that I don't feel like i need to rehash it), I doubt that any child whose love language was physical touch was able to get that space filled. Touch is my love language, and I know how hard it is for me when my Sweetie is out of town and I can't even hug him, much less kiss him. If a dating couple touched a lot, especially because it was one of their love languages, more power to them!

55 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

If a dating couple touched a log, especially because it was one of their love languages, more power to them!

I'm sure this was a typo, but it's conjuring up some wonderful and filthy images in my mind....????? 

(Apologies. I only meant to do one wink, but I can't seem to get rid of the emojis now and it looks like my mind is filthier than it actually is...!)

1 minute ago, ElToro said:

I'm sure this was a typo, but it's conjuring up some wonderful and filthy images in my mind....????? 

(Apologies. I only meant to do one wink, but I can't seem to get rid of the emojis now and it looks like my mind is filthier than it actually is...!)

Yep... You were commenting as I was fixing it. Whew, what a slip!

On 11/15/2018 at 6:56 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm old school.  I don't think it's a real fundy wedding if one of the fathers doesn't give a formal speech about his vasectomy and how after the reversal his ejaculate was once again sperm filled and free.

Or stand in an alarmingly wide stance.

Hide contents

imageproxy (1).jpg

One or the other, but if the crotch of one of the fathers of the betrothed isn't featured I don't consider it a real wedding.

This made me laugh the hardest I've laughed this week, thank you! 

9 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I dunno. There was plenty of snark about the Joshley face eating, the DerDip, and the awkward yet steamy Siren kiss. I don't remember Joystin, or JoKen, or JinJer, and Benessa had theirs in private (props to them).

I meant more like 'people say it every time' not 'nobody says anything different'. There's been speculation - no, not even speculation, people absolutely convinced - that every single couple (barring maybe Josh and Anna and Joe and Kendra?) kissed (or more) before they were married. I'm personally of the opinion that if they haven't given us any actual reason to believe that they broke a fairly major courtship rule like 'no kissing before marriage' I'm going to default to assuming they didn't. Just like I'll default to assuming they're not using birth control, they don't support gay people, they vote Republican, they don't drink alcohol, they believe the earth is 6000 years old, etc.

Also, this isn't directed at anyone specifically, I'm just a bit over the John and Abbie love fest. I get it, they're older, they look happy, Abbie worked, they have fun personalities, and they're the FJ pet fundies du jour. But they're still fundies. Abbie was transferred from her father's authority to John's authority at their wedding. That's really all we need to know. They'll show their true colours sooner or later (later, if they're smart and stay off social media and know how to keep their mouths shut).

I hope this isn’t a repeat picture (hard to keep up on threads) but I just think Abbie is beautiful and I found this photo striking 

DAF75352-B7D5-4F27-ABD9-0E06004A0886.thumb.jpeg.4a1520dab4507ee19ab9f15a3f53a395.jpeg

Pickles posted a video of Jabby leaving the wedding in an aeroplane, with tin cans and streamers tied to the back of it.

Mr Kool, who is a pilot, says tying things like that to a plane is not legal in Canada. Advertising banners require a permit and it’s a big deal to obtain one.  I guess the Duggars are special. 

Abby had a difficult time getting her wedding dress into the plane.✈️

The third part of this post is a video, when John (and Abbie) flies over the crowd before leaving. There's no sign of tins or streamers, so I think they switched planes. The first one was just for the TLC film, I suppose. 

^^ That woman's comment during the flight video "I need to marry a pilot."

Yup. That's a cool way to leave the wedding. For the sake of safety, let's hope there were no attempts to join the Mile High Club while JD was driving.

4 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

"I need to marry a pilot."

I almost did. Came VERY close. Zoomie and everything.

Dodged that bullet! lol

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

The third part of this post is a video, when John (and Abbie) flies over the crowd before leaving. There's no sign of tins or streamers, so I think they switched planes. The first one was just for the TLC film, I suppose. 

They might have driven away down the runway with them on and then taken them of before lift off. I really hope they’re taking airplane safety serious. 

I hope Abbie keeps her nursing license and works some. (Even if it's a few hours a month.) Their delayed by fundie standards marriage make this relationship way different than the others. Also, Abbie has has a well paying career option should JD become a incapacitated she has to step in as a wage earner.

Added Bonus: She was educated well enough to go to a tech school and graduate as a practical nurse. This means baby Jabbies have a good foundation for a homeschool education.

8 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Pickles posted a video of Jabby leaving the wedding in an aeroplane, with tin cans and streamers tied to the back of it.

Mr Kool, who is a pilot, says tying things like that to a plane is not legal in Canada. Advertising banners require a permit and it’s a big deal to obtain one.  I guess the Duggars are special. 

Abby had a difficult time getting her wedding dress into the plane.✈️

Glad they didn't end up like that couple who left their wedding in a helicopter and were killed when it crashed. :( 

I have to say, having a "getaway plane" is pretty cool and kind of.. unique for a Duggar couple, but makes perfect sense of course given JD has a pilot license. Actually looking forward to seeing that on CO, at least it's one thing that is slightly different from all the other mega weddings. I wonder if they filmed inside the plane with a small camera? 

14 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Did Abbie use the same bridesmaid dresses as Whitney?

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 7.18.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 7.18.05 PM.png

I thought so when I first saw them. I doubt she used the exact dresses from Whitney’s wedding. But I think she bought the same brand and color. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived