IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

You know, this is only the second or third time I've seen a picture of Abbie's bridesmaids. I am going to be a bridesmaids next year in my cousin's wedding and I am 90% sure she was sending me a link to the exact same dress this morning. Link in spoiler. Does this mean I am going to look like a Duggar's bridesmaid? Help I'm scared.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is the same dress, you can learn from the two prior weddings to make sure and have an excellent bra and to stand up straight with no hint of slouching especially for the photos.  That is an unforgiving top.  

25 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

If it is the same dress, you can learn from the two prior weddings to make sure and have an excellent bra and to stand up straight with no hint of slouching especially for the photos.  That is an unforgiving top.  

I agree, that's what I told her! My cousin thinks it'll be flattering on everyone but also be conservative enough for her more religious friend who is also a bridesmaid to wear. It's her wedding and my cousin is pretty easy going, so I'm going to wear whatever she tells me to when it comes down to it!

1 hour ago, BlondeIdol said:

You know, this is only the second or third time I've seen a picture of Abbie's bridesmaids. I am going to be a bridesmaids next year in my cousin's wedding and I am 90% sure she was sending me a link to the exact same dress this morning. Link in spoiler. Does this mean I am going to look like a Duggar's bridesmaid? Help I'm scared.

That is very pretty dress.  I love the variety of colors.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Proper under garments can make a cheap dress look in credible. La Vien makes an incredible one piece that will push you up & pull you in at all the strategic spots.

I think the dress is gorgeous and I wouldn’t hesitate to wear it. Adrianna Papell is a good designer.

It took me nearly 12 months to settle on a bridesmaids dress recently (I was told I could choose - I’m picky and opinionated so it took a while) and some of her designs were on the short list.

12 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

Not at all! You're going to look awesome. These are the cool bridesmaid dresses! :)

It's one of the nicer bridesmaid dresses I've seen. I also liked Jingers but she had too many colors. But that's a hard sleeve length to wear. My arms are big for my body (button downs will fit over my big boobs but arms are too tight) and that t shirt sleeve won't be flattering in pictures for me.

Isn't the wedding sneak peak airing today/going online today? Anybody wanna do a recap for us Europeans who can't access the TLC website? :tw_blush:

On 11/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, Iamtheway said:

They might have driven away down the runway with them on and then taken them of before lift off. I really hope they’re taking airplane safety serious. 

Someone commented on that Instagram post and asked if they took off the decorations before flying off. Thankfully, they did!

pipergk901 I hope they took the decorations off the plane before they took off.

anna_g1bson @pipergk901 haha yes they did :)

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, eleanora3 said:

Did Abbie use the same bridesmaid dresses as Whitney?

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 7.18.05 PM.png

My question is, is why the hell did Whit & Zach have a formal vow renewal? They've been married a hot minute?  Folks who do this, formal wedding formal vow renewal 5 years later are just people who are mad they aren't in the spotlight anymore.  Now you want to do a big formal fancy renewal 5 years later and you eloped the 1st time, I get that, but this, this just screams, "I'm not the center of attention anymore and I just can't stand it".

Please note my usage of the word FORMAL before the 1st & 2nd weddings.  I don't care if you have a little vow renewal every year, but if you go out and get a new wedding dress and have bridesmaids & all that after having the same at your wedding the year before, you need therapy not another wedding present.

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My question is, is why the hell did Whit & Zach have a formal vow renewal? They've been married a hot minute?  Folks who do this, formal wedding formal vow renewal 5 years later are just people who are mad they aren't in the spotlight anymore.  Now you want to do a big formal fancy renewal 5 years later and you eloped the 1st time, I get that, but this, this just screams, "I'm not the center of attention anymore and I just can't stand it".

Whitney reconciled with her biological parents who didn't attend her first wedding, so there was some speculation that the vow renewal was done in part to include them.

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Whitney reconciled with her biological parents who didn't attend her first wedding, so there was some speculation that the vow renewal was done in part to include them.

Whitney stayed as much in a post about the renewal:

I think the timing was a bit odd (because it was 4.5 years since their wedding at that point), but it’s also not my life. If this made them happy, they could afford it, and I didn’t need to be there* then I have no really complaints. 

*I’d likely go to one for someone I know and care about, mostly because I love cake and it’s nice having an excuse to dress up once in a while. Thankfully, ZachNey don’t meet that criteria though. Lol!

Do these people even understand the complexities of emotion beneath their shiny #everyoneisthebesteverthing veneer.

From what I understand she had a rough and unstable childhood none of which is her fault yet she seems to be taking blame for it because #bestparetnsever

If she's putting on a show then whatever, but if she truly only sees the world in sunshine and rainbows that's a dangerous way to live as you can't protect your children or yourself.

The wedding mini-episode is up: https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/full-episodes/john-david-abbies-wedding-part-1

The first kiss is....up there in the awkward category ?

Honestly, the whole thing was more awkward and uncomfortable than I was expecting. Can’t put my finger on it, just felt like the fundie weddings of old and not the new fancy TLC spin shows. Also, unless I’m mistaken Jill was wearing her MoH dress from Joy’s wedding and Lauren wore one of her bridesmaid’s dresses. 

I haven’t watched but I read the recap on tumblr and this is the description of the first kiss. 

Spoiler

815D4FBF-4E92-49F4-872C-052ED3C86E41.jpeg.4c9ae1e72ac151c7b99973e79b5029a4.jpeg

I can’t decide if it’s cute or kinda... weird

I guess I’ll have to actually watch the moment to decide.

Also apparently Abbie called John “Sugar Muffin” on her vows

And they did save their first kiss for the wedding

9 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

The wedding mini-episode is up: https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/full-episodes/john-david-abbies-wedding-part-1

The first kiss is....up there in the awkward category ?

Honestly, the whole thing was more awkward and uncomfortable than I was expecting. Can’t put my finger on it, just felt like the fundie weddings of old and not the new fancy TLC spin shows. 

I can't watch it, but if it's what you say I hope this starts to make people come down from the John & Abbie high they've been on. I know, I know, I'm an asshole and a party pooper, but I am really tired of the 'these two are different!!' party.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I can't watch it, but if it's what you say I hope this starts to make people come down from the John & Abbie high they've been on. I know, I know, I'm an asshole and a party pooper, but I am really tired of the 'these two are different!!' party

I'm with you.  The only high about these two is that he's not Smuggar.  That's a very low bar to clear.

And I'll say it - him showering her with kisses all over before getting to her mouth during the ceremony is creepy as fuck and I'm cringing just hearing about it.

I'll say it again - there is NOTHING modest about these people.  Their lives revolve around sex ... piously abstaining and then inappropriate PDAs because "they can."

Guess what, fundies?  We all can!  We can have sex, we can wait, we can even chose not to be filmed for television having awkward and cringy foreplay.

Virginity is not an achievement.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I can't watch it, but if it's what you say I hope this starts to make people come down from the John & Abbie high they've been on. I know, I know, I'm an asshole and a party pooper, but I am really tired of the 'these two are different!!' party.

It will be interesting to see what makes them fall. Derek and Jeremy were both different until they showed their asses.

14 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I haven’t watched but I read the recap on tumblr and this is the description of the first kiss. 

Reveal hidden contents

815D4FBF-4E92-49F4-872C-052ED3C86E41.jpeg.4c9ae1e72ac151c7b99973e79b5029a4.jpeg

I can’t decide if it’s cute or kinda... weird

I guess I’ll have to actually watch the moment to decide.

Also apparently Abbie called John “Sugar Muffin” on her vows

And they did save their first kiss for the wedding

Cute! Though it would have been funny if she called him "stud muffin' instead. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived