IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I thought the kiss was lovely, and pretty impressive for a guy who never had a girlfriend before.

Kind of surprised that Lauren and Josiah didn't even *try* to blend their voices together. It was like they were each singing their own take of the song, and not aware they were performing as a duo.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I sobbed watching that Walmart teddy bear commercial about a week ago. The week before my period, and the drop of the hat could make me bawl. That came on and I was ugly crying while eating a Mars Bar.

My most ridiculous pregnancy cry was when I was pregnant with my first. My husband and I were on a road trip and we made a game of spotting cats. He spotted one in a parking lot and He mentioned it had a bit of a limp. I burst into tears and started blubbering, “why did you tell me he had a limp?! He must be hurt! He’s going to die! He’s good as dead! That poor dead kitty!!!” 

My poor husband was so confused. 

Abbie's self-confidence is refreshing and implies strength. She said, nearly spoke for JD, "he was infatuated with me."  Later she said one of the two things she most looked forward to on their wedding day was JD seeing her for the first time and watching her walk down the aisle to him. No, I won't be surprised when they fling anti-gay or anti-abortion pamphlets through parking lots, but I do think Abbie has a head-start in being a real, functioning woman, wife and mother over the other brides-to-be we've seen through this debacle of a 'righteous' family.

What in the world is that ridiculous circus music that they all seem to walk (or run) down the aisle after the vows?  I apologize in advance if it is a common song used, but I have only heard it played at Duggar weddings. 

It grates on my nerves, however if anyone here had it at their wedding, I’m sure it was lovely!  Lol

57 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Abbie's self-confidence is refreshing and implies strength. She said, nearly spoke for JD, "he was infatuated with me."  Later she said one of the two things she most looked forward to on their wedding day was JD seeing her for the first time and watching her walk down the aisle to him. No, I won't be surprised when they fling anti-gay or anti-abortion pamphlets through parking lots, but I do think Abbie has a head-start in being a real, functioning woman, wife and mother over the other brides-to-be we've seen through this debacle of a 'righteous' family.

I felt the same way. I know she's probably going to turn out as fundie as the rest, but it was refreshing when she talked about her work experience, how she went back to  further her education, and how she loves working with the elderly. She sounded so confident, and like such a normal young woman. She also mentioned that she didn't think she was going to get married (which is probably why she has a career) but it's still impressive that she decided to do something that she wanted with her life instead of just being a SAHD

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I haven’t watched but I read the recap on tumblr and this is the description of the first kiss. 

Hide contents

815D4FBF-4E92-49F4-872C-052ED3C86E41.jpeg.4c9ae1e72ac151c7b99973e79b5029a4.jpeg

I can’t decide if it’s cute or kinda... weird

I guess I’ll have to actually watch the moment to decide.

Also apparently Abbie called John “Sugar Muffin” on her vows

And they did save their first kiss for the wedding

I think the kiss would've been cute slightly less drawn out like hand - neck - forehead - lips. But I do think the kids made her feel very special and I think he put a lot of thought into it which is nice. 

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

* They didn’t run out. That was nice.

Why do any of them run out? Is this a cultural thing? I've never seen anyone else do this.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My most ridiculous pregnancy cry was when I was pregnant with my first. My husband and I were on a road trip and we made a game of spotting cats. He spotted one in a parking lot and He mentioned it had a bit of a limp. I burst into tears and started blubbering, “why did you tell me he had a limp?! He must be hurt! He’s going to die! He’s good as dead! That poor dead kitty!!!” 

My poor husband was so confused. 

Mine was crying unconsolably around the holidays because i messed up a sugar cookie recipe. How could I possibly be a good mom if I can't even make a sugar cookie? Ohhhhh the misery!!!!!!! ???

Re: Joy crying. Wasn’t Jill’s advice to Austin something about just holding Joy when she cries? Maybe Joy is just a crier, some people are. 

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Why do any of them run out? Is this a cultural thing? I've never seen anyone else do this.

I would probably sprint like Usain Bolt with a big shit-eating grin on my face if God just gave me the all-clear to rut to my heart's content. 

26 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I would probably sprint like Usain Bolt with a big shit-eating grin on my face if God just gave me the all-clear to rut to my heart's content. 

Yeah but the girls aren't supposed to act excited for sex though are they? I figured they were joyfully available to please their headship but that's it.

Ok this seems like an unpopular opinion but I actually loved their first kiss. I grew up fairly liberal Christian, but absorbed a lot of the purity message, and after my first kiss with a boy I felt pretty dirty. I would've LOVED to feel cherished and respected with the hands and cheek kissing first. My husband and I have never been super sexual, and are certainly able to resist each other, but are still very in love. He kisses my cheek or forehead every day and its like drinking fine wine to me. Pretty sure he gave me a forehead kiss at the wedding too. It's what we do (though admittedly, not during the kiss the bride part).

Maybe slightly awkward in front of 1000 people. And yes it can also be (imo very sexy) foreplay. But also I think that for all their lead and submit vows, he truly respects her and sees her as more than a brood-mare and I can't imagine Josh ever doing that for Anna in a million years. 

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do these people even understand the complexities of emotion beneath their shiny #everyoneisthebesteverthing veneer.

From what I understand she had a rough and unstable childhood none of which is her fault yet she seems to be taking blame for it because #bestparetnsever

If she's putting on a show then whatever, but if she truly only sees the world in sunshine and rainbows that's a dangerous way to live as you can't protect your children or yourself.

It's like the blogger Mix & Match Mama Shay Shull (sister of Bachelor Sean)

Almost every day has a "BEST ____ (day, meal, experience, article of clothing, etc.) and sometimes you'll even get multiple "BEST day ever" things in the same week. It's nuts!

Of course she also has to include a "love this/my ____ (husband, kid, daughter/son, him/her, etc.) when labeling nearly one picture of each family member per post, too, so clearly she's not figured out not only does everything being "best" invalidate anyone ever being able to take her classifying of anything seriously, but she also seems to think people might question whether she loves her spouse/kids if she hasn't specified that at least once every other day or so.

So annoying!

If anyone finds the latest video’s on YouTube please share a link, i can’t see them on TLC and YouTube has left me with nothing. 

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Mine was crying unconsolably around the holidays because i messed up a sugar cookie recipe. How could I possibly be a good mom if I can't even make a sugar cookie? Ohhhhh the misery!!!!!!! ???

I heard the old (Aussie band) Midnight Oil song 'Beds are Burning' on the radio... (It's about white Brits/Australians stealing aboriginal land)... My husband still teases me about how I turned to him, snot and tears pouring down my face, and wailed "They should give it back"

I was 6 weeks postpartum when Peter came home for Christmas and put on the coffee pot, using Folgers coffee - and his little sister spotted him from the stairs. Yeah. That commercial. BAWLED. Giant heaving sobs.

7 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yeah but the girls aren't supposed to act excited for sex though are they? I figured they were joyfully available to please their headship but that's it.

That’s a common misconception. There’s a thread on here somewhere that covers the extremely detailed sexual education book they receive before marriage. Female pleasure is seen as extremely vital. And the book gives lots of tips on how to achieve it ( I’ve known some secular men who would greatly benefit !) . Obviously a Christian Fundie slant to the whole thing, but it is absolutely not just about the man’s pleasure.  Some of the sisters have been pretty open about looking forward to the physical aspects, it being hard to wait, etc..... Joy in particular, Jessa, Maybe Jill? . 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was 6 weeks postpartum when Peter came home for Christmas and put on the coffee pot, using Folgers coffee - and his little sister spotted him from the stairs. Yeah. That commercial. BAWLED. Giant heaving sobs.

My first pregnancy signs were always vomiting and crying over the most ridiculously sappy little things - songs, commercials, a cute baby at a store ( that isn’t disturbing at all- a grown woman bursting into tears looking at your baby in a shopping cart ?) . Even before I’d miss a period. Crying and puking.

Recently My almost 10 year old granddaughter was over, sweet, sweet girl. Got absolutely hysterical over a piece of school work. Swinging between anger, sobbing, back to anger, that withering disdain towards the world,  more sobbing. Extreme annoyance at her brother making noise. We tried to ask her why she was so upset —- more sobs “ I just don’t KNOW, and it won’t stop! 

Ah, poor thing. Respect the Estrogen surge, it’s powerful. 

19 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Hands, shoulders, cheeks, mouth.  Is that some kind of ILBP approved foreplay? 

He missed some other pairs to kiss. Feet, knees.... 

You just gave me an earworm and I haven't even watched the first kiss.

Just be glad they stopped at the first verse:

"Hands and shoulders cheeks and mouth
Cheeks and mouth
Hands and shoulders cheeks and mouth
Cheeks and mouth
And eyes and ears
And mouth and nose
Cheeks and mouth

Feet and tummies arms and chins
Arms and chins
Arms and chins
And eyes and ears
And mouth and shins
Arms and chins

Hands and fingers legs and lips
Legs and lips
Legs and lips
And eyes and ears 
And mouth and hips
Legs and lips"

I don't know why Abbie and JD remind me of amorous squirrels.  It must be that they both have chubby cheeks.

1625.jpg

52 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

You just gave me an earworm and I haven't even watched the first kiss.

Just be glad they stopped at the first verse:

"Hands and shoulders cheeks and mouth
Cheeks and mouth
Cheeks and mouth
And eyes and ears
And mouth and nose
Cheeks and mouth

Arms and chins
Arms and chins
And eyes and ears
And mouth and shins
Arms and chins

Legs and lips
Legs and lips
And eyes and ears 
And mouth and hips
Legs and lips"

I don't know why Abbie and JD remind me of amorous squirrels.  It must be that they both have chubby cheeks.

1625.jpg

Aaaaand now you have transferred the ear worm to me.  I had an old boyfriend who used to like to sing the song but added "these and those" when grabbing.. well you know. 

It was cute once, twice, then it just got annoying.  One of the 1,223,114 reasons he is an ex.

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Can't tell if you are joking.  Assuming not, it's an old Monty Python song...  

I just don't "get" MOnty Python, or Benny Hill, or comedy of that sort. Not enough weed, I suppose. I've never seen much of it, but many friends refer to it regularly.. so I just say, "Oh, Monty Python" and laugh like Sheldon Cooper...

https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-laughing-tEjOE0hi7937q

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I saw Titanic 3 weeks after I had my first baby.  #roseletgo #jackwouldhavefit :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying: :crying-blue:

Did someone say Monty Python?  Has nothing to do with this conversation, but that is the whole point of Monty Python.

5g0BH2V.jpg

A lot of posts from people who hadn't actually seen the kiss but just KNEW that it was creepy as hell. For the record, I think it was dorky and loving, very in the vein of JD's usual humour mixed up with nerves/bravado/cloaking intimacy with humour. I will condemn the words and actions of those people heartily when it's appropriate, but I don't think this particular instance was too obscene or weird, and I'd rather save my outrage for something that merits it, having judged it for myself. I don't think it helps to just assume that everything these fundies do is disgusting.

Jana seemed like she was fighting a lot of emotion every time she was featured. It must be a wrench to lose a twin and the only other adult sibling left in the house. I can imagine they've had to be a team for a long time, for the sake of the other kids particularly post-Smuggar. I hope she's OK.

Also, WHO is THIS floozy on the right with the clippered hair and bare thighs?! How did she get in? Surely a worldly nursing colleague or something.

Jabbie.png

59 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Did someone say Monty Python?  Has nothing to do with this conversation, but that is the whole point of Monty Python.

5g0BH2V.jpg

I love Monty Python. I started watching when I was about 13..... some things went over my head. The older I got the more I got it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived