Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Recommended Posts

Tired
Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SapphireSlytherin

So, speaking of honeymoon - anybody have a clue where they are? Have there been any "spottings" anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fluffernutter

If he was being elected to something, would he even have left for a honeymoon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viii

That's what I'm wondering. He was just up for election and just won - I assume he stuck around for that and they'll go on a honeymoon maybe later this month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana

This actually might be the best time for him to leave.  There can be a gap between the elections themselves and the start of the new cycle where nothing much happens as people prepare for the shuffle.  If this is his first term, he might not have been sworn in yet.  If he's been re-elected (which I believe is the case), he's probably got some down time since he doesn't need to hand anything off and anything new he's likely waiting on the new folks to be sworn in before beginning.  I've got some friends in local government, and this is their vacation time too.  Nothing much going on, you need a break after campaigning, and then you come back fresh for a new term.  

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unimpressed
Palimpsest
3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

If this is his first term, he might not have been sworn in yet.  If he's been re-elected (which I believe is the case), he's probably got some down time since he doesn't need to hand anything off and anything new he's likely waiting on the new folks to be sworn in before beginning. 

Yes, it is not his first term by any means.  He was first elected in 2012 and sworn in on January 1, 2013.  Remember, he's only a part-time voluntary constable at the best of times.  While technically his present term lasts until December 31, 2018, he can certainly take some time off for a honeymoon without Washington County having a major crime wave. 

JD's done a couple of short-term "mission" trips already while having his job as constable.  Memory fails, but I think he's been to Alaska, don't know why, and delivered some Bibles and other tracts to the Philippines, possibly with Nathan Bates.  

  • Upvote 15
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
Just now, Palimpsest said:

Yes, it is not his first term by any means.  He was first elected in 2012 and sworn in on January 1, 2013.  Remember, he's only a part-time voluntary constable at the best of times.  While technically his present term lasts until December 31, 2018, he can certainly take some time off for a honeymoon without Washington County having a major crime wave. 

JD's done a couple of short-term "mission" trips already while having his job as constable.  Memory fails, but I think he's been to Alaska, don't know why, and delivered some Bibles and other tracts to the Philippines, possibly with Nathan Bates.  

Thank you!  And yes, we've certainly seen him "on location" with the Bates during at least one international mission-cation, so we know he's been able to leave for a time in the past.  

And, of course, he found the time to meet and court Abbie in another state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unimpressed
Palimpsest

Yep.  I have a certain soft spot for JD, but I think people over-inflate the importance of his position of constable.  As I said earlier, he's run unopposed before because no one else wanted the job! 

It's a classic IBLP move too to run for local office, even if it is an uncompensated position as town dog-catcher.  Being a voluntary constable means that he's had a small amount of LE training, and gets to drive around with a gun "peacekeeping" a few times a week and feeling important .  Mind you, compared to some of the other Duggars and married ins, I think JD might actually be good in a crisis.  He also has EMT training.

I give JD credit for having a demonstrably good work ethic, and definitely for getting his commercial pilot's licence.  If nothing else that licence needed a lot more math than he  learned at the dining room table with Michelle. 

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

If he's flying them to their honeymoon destination, it's probably domestic? Unless they opt for the TLC World Tour. 

Maybe they'll go somewhere in Asia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

and delivered some Bibles and other tracts to the Philippines, possibly with Nathan Bates.  

Oh good.  I'm sure a country with 90% of it's population identifying as Christian were happy to finally hear about this elusive Jesus.

Quote

The Philippines is the 5th largest Christian country on Earth, with about 90% of the population being adherents. It is also one of two predominantly Roman Catholic nations in Asia (the other being East Timor) and, as of 2010, was the third largest Catholic country in the world.

 

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 24
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HideousGreenShirt

Do we have a confirmed list of bridesmaids and groomsmen yet? I'm curious to see who JD had in the wedding party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I give JD credit for having a demonstrably good work ethic,

I don't follow him, what does he do for a living?

I know this constable thing is part time and voluntary, does he do full time commercial flights other than being an airtaxi for his family.

And the fact that the Duggars own planes will never be not eyeroll worthy to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wifey4Lifey
4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If he's flying them to their honeymoon destination, it's probably domestic? Unless they opt for the TLC World Tour. 

Maybe they'll go somewhere in Asia. 

My guess is somewhere in the western United States. Yellowstone? The Washington/Oregon coast? I'm imagining something similar to Michael and Brandon Keilen's honeymoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TZmom

I don't know why they would ever come here, but I'm hoping for Banff, Alberta.  We're heading out there for the weekend and, as awful as they are, I would be legit super excited if I saw a Duggar in the wild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
11 minutes ago, TZmom said:

I don't know why they would ever come here, but I'm hoping for Banff, Alberta.  We're heading out there for the weekend and, as awful as they are, I would be legit super excited if I saw a Duggar in the wild. 

Why?  I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious as you aren't the first person to think so.

To me they are just unremarkable and in this case not particularly attractive people whose only claim to fame is being born into a family of circus proportions that happens to be led by a modern day PT Barnum.  I can't imagine they have any charisma.

I mean I've got my issues with Gene Simmons, but I'd find it somewhat remarkable if I saw him out and about because it would be interesting to see him doing something ordinary.  The Duggars...their whole TV career is based on watching them be ordinary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaricatureQualities
2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't follow him, what does he do for a living?

I know this constable thing is part time and voluntary, does he do full time commercial flights other than being an airtaxi for his family.

And the fact that the Duggars own planes will never be not eyeroll worthy to me.  

 https://www.romper.com/p/what-does-john-david-duggar-do-he-juggles-a-pretty-busy-schedule-8033131

He owns "Duggar Towing " and tows and fixes cars.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
9 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Thanks.  That was one giant pic upon loading!   Few people can stand up to filling a screen with a close up of their face but when it's a surprise...yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy
22 minutes ago, TZmom said:

I don't know why they would ever come here, but I'm hoping for Banff, Alberta.  We're heading out there for the weekend and, as awful as they are, I would be legit super excited if I saw a Duggar in the wild. 

I would be torn, I would be excited because I love to hate them. I would be torn because I would want to go and say hi and get photographic evidence to show here on fj. I would also most prob not go near them as my moral compass would be screaming hypocrisy as I don't like what they stand for, so better to avoid them.  I was all set to drive to Victoria to go see/stalk them at their Australian conference. I read about a LGBT group that was going to picket the church and I was got all conflicted thinking could I cross a picket line I believe in just to satisfy my stalking nature lol. 

It must be noted that I have friends of friends that move in that circle and my friend got her friend (who had dinner with Michelle in Australia) to get me a signed book. I was so chuffed (at my friend's utter thoughtfulness to arrange that). Completely conflicted at my chuffedness at my close 6 degrees of separation to the Duggars and conflicted as to what the fuck i was meant to do with the book (and included tract???) now. They are in a drawer somewhere.

So this was a long winded explanation and acknowledgement of "getting"why you would be excited to see them in the wild. 

I also never got why jinger was in wintery kind of stuff when in Sydney. It was stinking hot when she was here. Yes I was tempted to go look for her then too lol.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

JD said they want to spend as much of their lives as possible doing missions, so maybe they're jetting off on a missioncation for their honeymoon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why?  I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious as you aren't the first person to think so.

To me they are just unremarkable and in this case not particularly attractive people whose only claim to fame is being born into a family of circus proportions that happens to be led by a modern day PT Barnum.  I can't imagine they have any charisma.

I mean I've got my issues with Gene Simmons, but I'd find it somewhat remarkable if I saw him out and about because it would be interesting to see him doing something ordinary.  The Duggars...their whole TV career is based on watching them be ordinary.

LOL...now I did enjoy that movie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I was so chuffed (at my friend's utter thoughtfulness to arrange that).

Sure, that is very thoughtful.

When David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar were doing the Dave and Sammy tour Dave did this schtick where he'd pretend to jerk off and ejaculate with a bottle of Jack Daniels, a stage hand would wipe it up with a towel, and Dave would toss the Jack soaked towel into the audience.

My friend caught it and sent it to me.  It's in a vacuum sealed bag in my fireproof safe and my children will have to fight over this sentimental family heirloom when I'm gone.

So we've all got weird stuff squirreled away :) 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

JD said they want to spend as much of their lives as possible doing missions, so maybe they're jetting off on a missioncation for their honeymoon?

I had one mission on my honeymoon ... and other people's salvation had zero to do with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TZmom
32 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why?  I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious as you aren't the first person to think so.

To me they are just unremarkable and in this case not particularly attractive people whose only claim to fame is being born into a family of circus proportions that happens to be led by a modern day PT Barnum.  I can't imagine they have any charisma.

I mean I've got my issues with Gene Simmons, but I'd find it somewhat remarkable if I saw him out and about because it would be interesting to see him doing something ordinary.  The Duggars...their whole TV career is based on watching them be ordinary.

Honestly, I have no idea. I can't at all explain where this excitement would come from. It's totally bizarre but I know I would be stoked.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadoewolf

If they want to spend as much time as possible doing missions, why run for re-election? 

I may be in San Antonio around Thanksgiving. A Jinjer sighting might be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
Dandruff
13 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So, speaking of honeymoon - anybody have a clue where they are? Have there been any "spottings" anywhere?

I'm pretty sure there have been "spottings", but unrelated to their honeymoon destination.

  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333
1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

I'm pretty sure there have been "spottings", but unrelated to their honeymoon destination.

Is that a slang term I'm not getting? :pb_lol: The only slang association I have is of a method of drug use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×