IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

33 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Normally I don't wish for bad things to happen to others, but in Lori's case I'm willing to make an exception.  Given her age (hey, she likes to brag about being an 'older' godly woman, right?) there would be no young children to be affected, so that's not an issue.  If somehow Lori wound up broke and homeless, and none of her children were willing to put up with her constant harping and criticism, with no real marketable skills to get anything more than a minimum wage job, and no church to pamper her sorry ass...well, I can't say I'd shed any tears after how bitchy she has been to her followers who are suffering now.  Maybe, just mayyyyyyybe, she would learn a thing or two.  

Exactly. 

Sadly I don't think Lori will ever learn.  Ken likely has enough life insurance for Lori to continue to sit on her a$$ if he were to pass.   

If he left her, she would probably take him  to the cleaners in a divorce ..anything to not have to work.

But, it is fun to wish for her to get a taste of the real world though.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

And...this is why Lori admits that she doesn't preach the Gospel message in her writings: she has failed to even SEE and UNDERSTAND the Gospel message.

We are not living under the curse.  We are not living as prescribed in Genesis 1, or Genesis 3.

THIS is how we are living (if we renew our minds to agree with this, anyway):

Galatians 3:13 The Passion Translation (TPT)

13 Yet, Christ paid the full price to set us free from the curse of the law. He absorbed it completely as he became a curse in our place. For it is written:

“Everyone who is hung upon a tree is doubly cursed.”[a]

It is called REDEMPTION.  It means what Christ did BOUGHT men and women back from their cursed state, and now God calls them BLESSED with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.

Galatians 3 The Passion Translation (TPT)

Faith Brings Freedom

3 What has happened to you Galatians to be acting so foolishly? You must have been under some evil spell![a]Didn’t God open your eyes to see the meaning of Jesus’ crucifixion? Wasn’t he revealed to you as the crucified one?

2 So answer me this: Did the Holy Spirit come to you as a reward for keeping all the Jewish laws? No, you received him as a gift because you believed in the Messiah. 3 Your new life in the Anointed One began with the Holy Spirit giving you a new birth. Why then would you so foolishly turn from living in the Spirit by trying to finish by your own works?[c]

14 Jesus, our Messiah, was cursed in our place and in so doing, dissolved the curse from our lives, so that all the blessings of Abraham can be poured out upon even non-Jewish believers. And now God gives us the promise of the wonderful Holy Spirit who lives within us when we believe in him.

Because we are NEW CREATIONS in Christ now, we see like men and women likewise:

28 And we no longer see each other in our former stateJew or non-Jew, rich or poor,[t]male or female—because we’re all one through our union with Jesus Christ with no distinction between us.

We no longer see each other in our former state: male or female.   

We have been redeemed, Lori. We are no longer living as suffering under sin or its effects.  If you want to, that is your choice.

I'm not going to.  I'm going to believe my God.

Sorry, y'all - I got to preachin' to the choir this morning.  It FIRES ME UP that she doesn't understand the Good News.

Amen!!! 100% AGREE. I admit I went through a really dark time. Became suicidal and depressed. Didn't realize how much pain and anger I had been holding onto (experienced a lot of trauma in my early childhood prior to my parents adopting me). It wasn't until I got serious counseling, became a Christian and had my daughter, that I started healing. Of course I am still a mess, I am FAR from perfect. Yet the God I believe in, loves in despite what I do. If I hadn't hit that wall and had an intervention, I don't know if I would be alive today.

28 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

It wasn't until I got serious counseling, became a Christian and had my daughter, that I started healing. Of course I am still a mess, I am FAR from perfect. Yet the God I believe in, loves in despite what I do. If I hadn't hit that wall and had an intervention, I don't know if I would be alive today.

My belief that I am a unique creation of God, that He created me just the way He wanted me to be has kept me from completely giving up. All my weirdness, my quirks, HE put in me. So...makes it easier to accept the weird. 

26 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Exactly. 

Sadly I don't think Lori will ever learn.  Ken likely has enough life insurance for Lori to continue to sit on her a$$ if he were to pass.   

If he left her, she would probably take him  to the cleaners in a divorce ..anything to not have to work.

But, it is fun to wish for her to get a taste of the real world though.

Sadly, even when bad things happen to people like Lori, they fall soft. If Ken would leeve her, she would spin it that she is the victim and yes, would do everything to get the most out of the divorce. And should he die and leeve her pennyless, she would play the poor widow card and leech off of her children. And would use it to spin the biblical tale of children taking care of their elderly parents. I don't see anything short of dystopian cathastrophe that would move her ass away from "teaching biblical womenhood".

22 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My belief that I am a unique creation of God, that He created me just the way He wanted me to be has kept me from completely giving up. All my weirdness, my quirks, HE put in me. So...makes it easier to accept the weird. 

Amen! :) and you know I don't know you but I think you are pretty awesome.

Gold today in the blog comments:

"This morning I managed to take a brisk walk, buy a month’s worth of groceries for only thirty dollars, make three meals that are now in my freezer, keep up with my correspondence and pay a bill online. And I’m doing all of this without a housekeeper and nanny."

Clearly a dig at Lori. Why did she let it through? Honestly, I would love to see what this woman bought with 30 dollars to feed her family for a month. I'm good at getting bang for my buck but damn. Tonight we're having vegetable barley soup with salad and biscuits because I'm not up to a trip to the grocery store. It checks all the boxes, it's mostly healthy, inexpensive, and easy to make.

Why do these women act like they're curing cancer just because they can manage a household? I've got a bad bout of fibro fog right now and have been doing stupid shit all day. I tried to use my nasal spray with the cap still on, ran the dishwasher with no soap, dropped a carton of eggs inside the fridge, the list goes on but the point is even in a fog I can still run my household. Yes it is work but it's not rocket science.

$30 for a month's worth of groceries? I am sorry but I call bullshit. When I was a girl, we raised beef cattle and traded for pork with our friend. Had a big garden. I'm certain my mother still spent more than $30 for groceries for the month.

I shop at Aldi and the commissary. I spend around $100 per week for a household of 4 (plus 2 cats) and that's including toiletries. Our budget is supplemented with the canning that I did from my mom's place in the summer, yay for tomatoes and jelly! My budget goes up when it comes time for bake sales but that's okay.

Unless this commenter is raising her own cattle/pigs/chickens, or has canned her veg for the winter from her acre and  a half garden, I still am skeptical.

51 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This morning I managed to take a brisk walk, buy a month’s worth of groceries for only thirty dollars, make three meals that are now in my freezer, keep up with my correspondence and pay a bill online. And I’m doing all of this without a housekeeper and nanny."

This woman is taking a slap at Lori...you know the dumb bitch says that you can feed your family for 30 bucks a month and shit. The bit about the housekeeper and nanny gave it away. 

I'm wrapping up my week at my career.  Earlier this month I traveled internationally for my career.  I do have fulfillment and satisfaction in work, just as I do in all acts of worshiping Jesus.  And I try to work unto the Lord.  There is NO commandment in Scripture for women to not work.  This is extra-biblical nonsense created by Lori eisegeting a poor translation of Scripture in isolation and direct opposition to the leadership of the Christian community she was sa part of (which told her to stop teaching what she continues to do - so we know that she doesn't really believe in Biblical submission - because then she would obey the church authorities over her).

When I was young, I wanted to help people of all nations because I believed that's what Jesus would do.  I even wanted to be a missionary.  Today, in my career I work with people of a variety of nations and hopefully help contribute to them having better lives.  I don't talk about it much here because immigration is such a hot button topic, but I work for an immigration firm.

When I go home to my husband, he embraces me in part because I have spent my day investing in other people.  My house is clean and in order.  I don't have to be there all the time to accomplish this, especially as we are both adults who share the work of our household.  But I have an obligation because I have been given time and talents and gifts to use in behalf of other people.  

Lori, it's completely a false dichotomy to say that a career and self-fulfillment do not involve sacrifice.  Nor is a career necessarily fleeting.  Most of us with careers choose them because of the purpose of doing work where we are indeed, investing in the lives of others.  We can invest in the eternal wherever we are, whether or not we have children, and whether or not we are homemakers or career women.  

And you know what, my husband rises up and calls me blessed.  So do a lot of other people who, in reality, are the ones who have truly blessed me by allowing me to be a part of their lives and journey.

@AlwaysDiscerning that is rich! Lori spends as much time and energy on her "ministry" as most working women do at their paying jobs but Lori has the privilege to do it as a hobby. Let a woman spend as much time at a traditional job making money that her family can't do without and suddenly she hates god and his ways. Lori genuinely considers what she does to be a far greater calling than those "garbage, loser" working women who work to feed their children. She makes me sick.

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

$30 for a month's worth of groceries? I am sorry but I call bullshit. When I was a girl, we raised beef cattle and traded for pork with our friend. Had a big garden. I'm certain my mother still spent more than $30 for groceries for the month.

We just came from the grocery store.  We spent $163 and very little was non-essentials.  Although Mr. Briefly probably considers the cookies to be essential, most of what we bought is what will feed us for the next 2 - 3 weeks.  The freezer is pretty full right now and so is the pantry, not as much fresh stuff this time but we needed to stock up on canned stuff and paper products.  I'm with you, @TeddyBonkers and $30 is not really possible.  I realize that $163 may or may not sound like a lot to people, but it is not huge considering what and how much we bought.  But there have been times when we didn't even have that much $.  I know all about careful shopping, but I don't see any way I could get much of anything for $30.00.  Especially not a months worth.

To feed a family on $30, they must be eating a lot of beans and rice or she's flat lying.  I spent $40 yesterday for one person for five days with some frozen items that will last longer.  I'm on a fussy eating plan so cost isn't much of a factor for the foreseeable future.  

@AuntKrazy Thank you for sharing! I just want you to know I really enjoy your posts. I never thought I'd come across so many women who are the kind of Christian I attempt to be, on FJ of all places! There are several of you here whose words mean a lot to this Baptist refugee-turned liberal Methodist who is trying every day to believe there's something to hang onto this Jesus thing, even though the American church as a whole is FUBAR. 

I'm completely convinced that if the church survives it'll be because of women -- women who are basically the opposite of Lori Alexander. 

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Gold today in the blog comments:

"This morning I managed to take a brisk walk, buy a month’s worth of groceries for only thirty dollars, make three meals that are now in my freezer, keep up with my correspondence and pay a bill online. And I’m doing all of this without a housekeeper and nanny."

Clearly a dig at Lori. Why did she let it through? 

I really think Lori is so far from reality she doesn't realize that comment was a dig at her. 

Yes Lori, I go through the emotional toll of being a counselor; have kids spit on me' be rude to me, and throw shoes at me for the prestige and praise from my coworkers. The being on call in the middle of the night to respond to emergencies (Like I am now), listening to little kids talking about hurting themselves and hospitalizing people is all for prestige. Yep, that's totally why I'm doing it. Or maybe I'm doing it so I can look people in the eye and say your story matters, your emotions and experiences are valid, and I will care about you. I get the chance to tell teens that they have worth as individuals and there is a hope for the future. There is something so incredibly special about seeing a persons face light up when they discover that they can cope with their anxiety and depression because they actually know coping skills now.  Seeing someone smile and laugh after having a flat affect for an entire session is a beautiful thing. It's called having a heart for others and wanting to love them with the love of Christ. 

So my opinion on this under the curse business. I think Genesis 3:16 is actually more descriptive of relationship issues men and women will have than a statement of how the household will be lead. In counseling, it is widely found that in arguments women are often the pursuer and men the stonewallers, meaning they shut down and women attempt to work out the issue (not necessarily always in the best manner but they pursue a resolution). Similarly, I believe women are most likely to want to start marriage counseling with their partner. I think much of this behavior is indicative of the desiring their husband bit. But on the flip side,  we see high rates of domestic violence and abuse done by male partners. This combined with the emotional unavailability that is celebrated by culture and Lori's kind lends more towards the "ruling over her part".

Now, this is a very rough thought process at this point; however, I think it has some truth to it. I feel like this is a pattern seen throughout history.  Nevertheless, it's not a pattern that should be continued. Christ's death and resurrection make us a new creation no longer under the curse.  Additionally, when we look at the curse we see the strides humankind has made to reverse it. We have farm equipment to help with harvest and painkillers to help with birthing pains. If we were meant to follow the patterns of the curse we would have to do away with such things. So why can't we also set aside the relationship imbalances that illustrate unhealthy relationship dynamics? 

Also, what is this false notion that feminists can't cook? Like does me being a feminist make me scared of stoves or something? I certainly know how to heat food up in the microwave as well. 

Forgive me if this has already been addressed.  I haven't had time to catch up...crazy week.

Anyway, this comment was left on today's post:

save.PNG.ab1c6e357dfddf873f65d2d624c980fa.PNG

Is she trolling Godly Lori?

Because #1, how do you buy a MONTH'S worth of groceries for $30?  That's $1 a day.  What on earth are they eating?!?!

#2 The maid and nanny bit.  I notice Lori didn't reply to her...guess she can't relate to having to actually do all the things she thinks other women should be doing. 

There goes Thomas Ackerman saying that his wife does all the chores and if she's sick he helps out with "some of the things". I'm sorry but you only help out with some of the things when your wife is sick? Gosh, these man-children frustrate me to no end.  Pick up your own fucking socks and fold your own clothes. Literally, chores is not a super hard concept to work out. When I was roommates with three other girls in an apartment we rotated the three rooms that needed cleaning and one had a break week. Then we would rotate next week so the one on a break last week had a room to clean. The apartment had two bedrooms with two people in each. Everyone took care of their own side of the room. It was easy, simple, and kept things in order. Well, except for the one girl who didn't want to do her cleaning but that's beside the point. Individuals should have enough respect for others to clean up after themselves. Don't leave toothpaste in the sink, wipe up your hair, pick up your socks, wash your mugs and take out the trash. But then again what do I know? I'm a single pringle who don't have no man to argue over chores with. 

I have gleaned from !oris harping diatribes is she cant believe most people are pretty content or happy. She is a mean, sad person who thinks everyone else is like her. The only foods she enjoys are puke soup and canned cat food salads. No wonder shes miserable. if thats all i ate i would be 6 sizes smaller

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

To feed a family on $30, they must be eating a lot of beans and rice or she's flat lying.  I spent $40 yesterday

I’m pretty sure the writer of that was being facetious and Lori was too dense to see it for sarcasm.  The “brisk walk” part (along with the comment about the nanny and housekeeper) was a direct swipe at Lori.  (Lori is always saying how she and Ken take a walk every night)

I just want to take a minute and say how much I love all of you.  Each and everyone of you are smart, funny, compassionate, loving, practical, welcoming, supportive, hardworking women in whatever paths you have chosen.  We all have differences and some similarities but we listen to each other and hold each other up even when we disagree. THIS is how women should behave.  As a professing Christian it kills me above all else how Lori and her ilk live to tear others down. That’s not Christianity.  It’s not admonishment or teaching. It’s hate plain and simple. 

Thank you for being an online support, making me laugh and being sisters in speaking truth. Even though I regularly have food envy when we drift into the “what’s for dinner posts” (BTW last night it was homemade mini pizzas where everyone put on their own toppings. Mine was mushroom, pepperoni and black olives)

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Anyway, this comment was left on today's post:

save.PNG.ab1c6e357dfddf873f65d2d624c980fa.PNG

POTATO and cheddar soup. Didn’t Lori get upset over soup with no potatoes? This is gold. 

If are commenter reads here, well done. Very well done. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived