IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I didn't use birth control of any kind, and I have five children.  I am highly unlikely to bear any more children by my own womb, but would love to adopt more children in the future.

My young children are believers. They pray spontaneously, and they pray well.  The nine year old gets up and enjoys reading the Psalms spontaneously without my prodding.  I am pleased that they have their own relationship with God.

I am an egalitarian now for about three years.  I have not followed ANY of Lori's advice for about that long.

Thank God I did not damage my children by keeping the un-scriptural advice.  I don't say all of this to brag on my children, but rather to illustrate that it is possible to raise "Godly offspring" as Lori would say, WITHOUT following a single word of what she preaches/teaches.

Dollars to donuts says that Lori believes the scripture that speaks of "women being saved by childbirth" to be literal.  1 Timothy 2:15, “Yet she [the woman] will be saved through childbearing — if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control”? It is greatly insulting to the women who never married, or who have been infertile or barren.  This religious nonsense has turned more women off to Christianity than I can count.

We are not going to win the world to Christianity by competing in a breeding contest with Muslims.  We are not going to win the world to Christianity by staying at home and making soup and bread.  This is NOT A COMPETITION, and Lori needs to realize that.  While there is a spiritual battle, it is fought with spiritual weaponry.  It is not fought with the flesh: demanding people do external things in the natural world  in order to wage war upon the spirit realm.  It'll never work.  Never has; never will.  Our weapons are not carnal.  It takes JESUS to win the world to Christianity, and then the work is done BY Him, on the inside of a person - on the inside of a family - on the inside of all those who comprise a community and nation.  

Christ transforms things and people from the inside OUT; not the outside IN.  One child changed from the inside is more powerful than scores of religously-trained Patriarchists who haven't been transformed internally one bit.

I guess I'm curious Lori's time line. How long has she been the transformed wife? Was she transformed when she was in childbearing years? Why does she only have four? Or was she too old when she discovered the pearls? 

Also, given that I'm a child counselor, I can say that there are many families with too many children that they aren't equipped to handle. I specifically work with a population that is on Medicaid, something many of Lori's followers are probably on. It's hard looking in the eyes of a mother with three kids running around the office and another two at home/school; she's exhausted and at the end of her rope because she doesn't know what to do with her child who won't quit throwing screaming fits and hitting. Some don't have the time, some are too sick, some have their own mental health problems, some just suck as parents and as individuals but regardless it effects the child's development. Combine that with small towns and few resources for say a child with autism and that can make things even worse. There are many reasons that might or should stop us from having too many kids and most aren't selfish. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

There are many reasons that might or should stop us from having too many kids and most aren't selfish. 

What if a woman's reasons for not having children are selfish?  Let's assume worst case scenario, that a woman is a cold, selfish bitch who puts her wishes ahead of what's best for anyone else.  What makes Lori think that such a woman should be a mother?  Does she think that a 'selfish' woman will put her children's needs above her own self-centered wants?  Why would anyone want to condemn children to that kind of mother?

Hmmm...cold, selfish bitch who only cares about herself...neglecting her children in favor of her own 'needs'...that describes Lori to a T, and we all see how that has affected her children.   

In short, I think any reason a human being has for not reproducing is good enough to make it none of my business, and none of Lori's business either.  

I grew up believing that when you were a grown up you got married and had kids. The only choice you had was how many. I never truly wanted any kids. I still don’t. My mom lectured me, when I was 17 and told her I didn’t want kids, on how on biblical and wrong that was. She has since accepted that she won’t get any grandkids from me, except for fur babies. I love kids, I just have zero desire to have any of my own. 

23 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

What if a woman's reasons for not having children are selfish?  Let's assume worst case scenario, that a woman is a cold, selfish bitch who puts her wishes ahead of what's best for anyone else.  What makes Lori think that such a woman should be a mother?  Does she think that a 'selfish' woman will put her children's needs above her own self-centered wants?  Why would anyone want to condemn children to that kind of mother?

Hmmm...cold, selfish bitch who only cares about herself...neglecting her children in favor of her own 'needs'...that describes Lori to a T, and we all see how that has affected her children.   

In short, I think any reason a human being has for not reproducing is good enough to make it none of my business, and none of Lori's business either.  

Well, according to Lori, all women are cold selfish bitches who must be taught to love their partners and children because they don't naturally do so. 

I don't have children because for the short window when that was a biological possibility after we got married we were not even close to financially secure. I wanted children. Life doesn't work out sometimes. And I feel judged and blamed every damn day by the society we live in. 

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I grew up believing that when you were a grown up you got married and had kids. The only choice you had was how many. I never truly wanted any kids. I still don’t. My mom lectured me, when I was 17 and told her I didn’t want kids, on how on biblical and wrong that was. She has since accepted that she won’t get any grandkids from me, except for fur babies. I love kids, I just have zero desire to have any of my own. 

That's how it went for me too. That's how my community was structured, so that's what I believed. I was just thinking the other day how when I was in my teens, I thought people who married at 21 & beyond married "old".  Most of my peers at least had children by 18-19. A lot of them had children while in high school. Yes it was a bit scandalous but that was short lived & the majority of them were married not long after graduation. 

Now, looking back, I believe I was young to have gotten married at 21 & having my first (and only) child at 22. 

My mom never lectured me on grandchildren but my best friends mom had a sit down with me once. Around 14 or so I was struck with the idea of becoming a nun. It was an accepted way to avoid marriage & children & I could travel if I wanted. My neighbor sat me down one afternoon & read scripture to me & tried to convince me that being a nun was against God. My mom wasn't too happy with it. 

Needless to say I didn't become a nun & I got married bc that's what I thought I was supposed to do. I refused to have more children than the one. I've been subtly & not so subtly shamed for it over the years but I don't care. I love my daughter but  there will be no others. 

Sometimes I think part of Lori's problem is that she lacks independent thought. Whether it's ignorance or stupidity, she can't seem to think for herself without a guide. I think that's why she tells people they can't be called to anything that isn't listed in her bible. A calling is a deep, internal process, i don't believe Lori is even capable of that kind of mental work.  The "right" outside source didn't say you can be this, so you shouldn't try. 

Lori just needs to shut up and mind her own business. It is no concern of hers how many (if any) children someone else should have.

There are people who do not like children. Why must they have any if they don't want them? Sounds like a recipe for abuse or neglect to me.

God did tell Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, but He never said to have so many you couldn't feed them. He never said to have them even if it risks your health.

God gave us a brain and wisdom. He expects us to use them.

She is a class act. No one should be pressured to have children just because. My sister is busy with her PhD in accounting and her and her husband don't want kids. She is career driven, and admits she is too selfish with her time and money to have a child and that's okay because it's her life. I chose to get married younger and have kids, be a stay at home wife and mom and I love it. I'm educated and run a small business but my husband and kids are my life. LORI, people are allowed to choose, choose to get married or not, have children or not, streak down the street if they want to. 

I will now summarize today's doodle.  ( ) ( ) ( ) ! ! That's about the extent of her content.  Three parentheticals, and two exclamatory statements.

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Also, given that I'm a child counselor, I can say that there are many families with too many children that they aren't equipped to handle.

Yes! There's nothing wrong with knowing your limits as a person and as a mother. I believe it is paramount to raising a child successfully. I grew up in a toxic environment, ended up pregnant at 16, and was smart enough to know that another child would sink me. I was in therapy trying to sort out my own shit and be the best mom I could be. I was in an abusive relationship and had no stable housing. That didn't stop people from asking me when I would give Baby Nova a little brother or sister. I can't tell you how often I heard that only children aren't as happy when they don't have a sibling, they're not as well adjusted, blah blah blah. Every one of my siblings ended up with multiple children and each sibling had at least one child that they had no hand in raising.

Having only one made it possible for me to dedicate my time and limited resources solely to her and give her the best possible opportunities in life. Having one allowed me the personal space I needed to heal from my own trauma and not pass it on to my child. I didn't listen to the bad advice from my family and I sure as hell don't need to hear bullshit from a loveless bitch like Lori.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Lori just needs to shut up and mind her own business. It is no concern of hers how many (if any) children someone else should have.

There are people who do not like children. Why must they have any if they don't want them? Sounds like a recipe for abuse or neglect to me.

God did tell Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, but He never said to have so many you couldn't feed them. He never said to have them even if it risks your health.

God gave us a brain and wisdom. He expects us to use them.

And he called us to use wisdom and to run from folly. If having another child could kill you, you don't like them, or can't feed them etc run from folly and use wisdom. 

@SuperNova it sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do for yourself and your child. Those decisions take amazing strength and perseverance and I'm so glad to hear you've sought healing. I hope you've come far on your journey. 

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My youngest does not want children.  I'll be just as happy and willing to watch furbabies. She's only 12 so maybe she'll change her mind. If not that's ok too. Her life and her body. 

Or just do what Lori did.... poke some holes in your diaphragm... and when those babies don't sleep, hire a nanny. 

20181013_182100.png

I went shopping with my daughter today.  I found this at a booth in an antique-ish mall in a nearby town.  It was around $3.00 so I bought it.  It's pictured sitting on the lid of it's ultimate destination, the recycle bin.  My daughter had heard of it and had heard of the Pearls, in fact I have her on the lookout for this or TTUAC.  She asked me if it was as bad as I said so I handed it to her and she said she'd just open it to any page and read.  I had no idea that my daughter could turn that amazng red rage color!  But maybe I should has offered it to Lori first! :)

This is the 2nd time I've found this one, the first one got shredded but this one is in the recycle bin instead.

IMAG3021.jpg

Lori doesn't seem to like children at all. She barely tolerated her own. She was very selective about the kinds of kids she'd allow associate with her family. She preferred teaching children from 'good neighbourhoods'. Classrooms and sleepovers are hotbeds of evil. And yet she laments that society is not conducive to large families? 

I mean she's literally willing Muslim children to not be born. WTF?! 

@louisa05, re Catholics and NFP:  At the pre-Cana conference I attended in 1985, the NFP speakers were a youngish couple who had been married three years. They had one child, and she was hugely pregnant with their second. I snorted, “I know people who are actively trying for kids who can’t manage to have two within three years!” These two were hardly a ringing endorsement for the efficacy of NFP.

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I don't have children because for the short window when that was a biological possibility after we got married we were not even close to financially secure. I wanted children. Life doesn't work out sometimes. And I feel judged and blamed every damn day by the society we live in. 

True, things often don't turn out according to plan. It's unfortunate that society places blame like that. IMO no one should be blamed or judged for not havimg children, individual circumstances and ability are far too variable for that. Lori can take her god's 'perfect plan' and shove it up her hypocritical, judgmental, holier-than-thou ass. 

11 hours ago, cara said:

I mean she's literally willing Muslim children to not be born. WTF?!

Since she formed her unholy alliance with MRA's she is more open with her racism. Muslim children have the wrong skin color and the wrong religion. Lori would have made a fine leader in the Nazi's youth organisation for the girls "Bund Deutscher Mädel" (German girls union), where the girls where prepared to become german mothers to large families. And they where also hatefull in their propaganda of nonwhites.

16 hours ago, SuperNova said:

es! There's nothing wrong with knowing your limits as a person and as a mother. I

Two words: Andrea Yates

18 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Lori just needs to shut up and mind her own business.

Every post here should begin with this sentence.  Lori is a busybody.  She is desperate to control not only her life, but the lives of those around her.

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Since she formed her unholy alliance with MRA's she is more open with her racism. Muslim children have the wrong skin color and the wrong religion. Lori would have made a fine leader in the Nazi's youth organisation for the girls "Bund Deutscher Mädel" (German girls union), where the girls where prepared to become german mothers to large families. And they where also hatefull in their propaganda of nonwhites.

Don't forget the medals Nazis gave out to mothers who squirted out 4+ children

be fruitful and multiply or some version of that, hey Lori?

"bronze, silver, and gold,[2][6] to Reichsdeutsche mothers who exhibited probity, exemplary motherhood, and who conceived and raised at least four or more children"

Cross of Honour of the German Mother

Lori needs to shut her mouth.

We had 3 kids within 39 months. I spent most of my first 5 years of marriage pregnant and breastfeeding. During my third pregnancy (which occurred because he kept "forgetting" to schedule his vasectomy), we were on the brink of divorce. I almost didn't allow him in the delivery room - I freely admit now that would have been wrong, but pregnancy hormones are a bitch.

Needless to say, I about lost my mind. With my third being an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy, I slipped into major postpartum depression. We were living with my mother at the time and I truly believe the only reason I and my kiddos are alive is because of her. She was there when I could literally not function. But I had resources and support that many of Lori's followers don't have, namely quality mental health care and strong family support.

To tell me that I should risk that AGAIN because we need to outbreed the other religions is bullshit. And I don't believe that's what God is asking me to do.

I echo the above posters - God gave me brains and He expects me to use them. My brains tell me that the three I have are more than enough for me some days. :D

28 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

During my third pregnancy (which occurred because he kept "forgetting" to schedule his vasectomy), we were on the brink of divorce. I almost didn't allow him in the delivery room - I freely admit now that would have been wrong, but pregnancy hormones are a bitch.

I don’t mean to chide your past choices, which are water under the bridge, but for the sake of women now in similar situations I think it’s mportant to say:

If he doesn’t provide the birth control, you can. There are condoms if other forms don’t suit.

If he won’t wear a condom, or won’t abstain, then the problems in the relationship are deeper than whether you want another child.

@Petronella, absolutely! I agree with you completely. There are definitely other options and it was indicative of much deeper issues that we have since worked through. Thank you for reminding me that needed to be said.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived