IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

4 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

Oooh that sounds good. I wish I could have peanut products but sadly have a severe peanut allergy. Dinner tonight is chicken alfredo with garlic bread and salad. Oh and ice cream for dessert, or should I make some brownies? (from a box since I haven't mastered the art of homemade brownies)

Are you allergic to tree nuts or seeds as well as peanuts? I think that the chicken could be easily made with sunflower seed butter or almond butter- I personally love the sunflower seed butter, but the taste isn't to everyone's palate; the Beast thinks it's too strong for him. 

I love chicken alfredo over steamed broccoli and summer squash instead of pasta. Thanks for tomorrow's dinner idea! 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Last night was a Thai-style peanut chicken, Keto style. The Beast had rice with his and Darth Kid had peanut tofu (he's a veggie). Tonight will be hamburgers with bacon and cheese and black bean burgers for Darth, with fried potatoes for them and green beans for me. 

Please tell me where you got the Thai-Style peanut chicken recipe from! It sounds like it might be delicious. 

On Lori's latest post, I have a hard time believing it. I couldn't find the quote in any major news networks, not even FOX. I only saw sensationalist conservatise online websites. I might have missed it but it sounds like potential fake news. But even if she did say something like that, she doesn't speak for all feminists. I personally find it beneficial to take everything a politician says from any party with heavy dashes of salt. 

1 minute ago, Sobeknofret said:

Are you allergic to tree nuts or seeds as well as peanuts? I think that the chicken could be easily made with sunflower seed butter or almond butter- I personally love the sunflower seed butter, but the taste isn't to everyone's palate; the Beast thinks it's too strong for him. 

I love chicken alfredo over steamed broccoli and summer squash instead of pasta. Thanks for tomorrow's dinner idea! 

I can do any nut but peanuts and I love eating seeds, especially sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Those were my cravings when I was pregnant with my daughter. I will have to try chicken alfredo over the summer squash! hat sounds amazing!!! 

1159586276_ScreenShot2018-10-23at8_49_53AM.thumb.png.cdf38290acf895903189c053cc6a7efc.pngSATAN was attacking me day and night and Ken wouldn't make it stop!  It was awful, I had no time to gossip about my neighbors or shop at expensive health food stores for my pack o'vitamins butter!!  I was in utter distress, my kids wouldn't even help me!!  Then one day I answered the door and it was Titus.  He saved my life. 

And we all lived happily ever after.  Except the kids.

11 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Someone in the comment section of the salad post asks Lori where she buys her butter or if she makes it herself. Lori responds:

"it’s probably a LOT cheaper to make it yourself but I buy mine from my local health food store. It’s hard to find, unfortunately, because it’s so nutrient dense. My sister told me it’s like eating vitamins!"

It's super special exclusive butter that only she can get her super secret, super special health food store that only sells the most nutrient dense foods to the most mentally dense customers. Lori's sister fucks with her head by telling her that the butter is like eating vitamins and Lori believes her because Lori loves woo. 

But what if It's really just I Can't Believe it's Not Butter/ fake butter? Maybe that's why she won't name it. Maybe she's been put on a butter budget lol. 

I mean really, I get grass feed butter but I don't feel like it's really that much better nutrient wise 

Baloney. It definitely ISN’T cheaper to make your own butter. My source? “Make the Bread, Buy the Butter” by Jennifer Rease, who lost her job and embarked on a study on ways to economize on foods. Three points from her book:

1. Some foods are quick, easy, and cheap to make from scratch.

2. Some foods are cheaper and quicker to buy pre-made, and may be of higher quality than what you could make at home.

3. Some foods can be made cheaper at home, but are time-consuming and a screaming pain in the @$$.

It's getting chilly here and we had soup -- the original recipe was vegan, but I adulterated that with a little bacon.

Fry up some sweet peppers, onion, carrots, garlic, potatoes, garden leeks and celery, herbs and a couple strips of bacon. Add most of a can of garbanzos, a small can of tomato juice, and enough water to make it soupy. Cook until soft and partially puree it. Add spices to taste--I use smoked paprika--and squeeze in some lemon juice at the end.  I oven-roasted some of the garbanzos with olive oil till they were crunchy to put on top, along with some toasted flatbread pieces.

We had homemade apple zucchini cake for dessert. I've got one last monster garden zucchini to get through, and I went on an apple glean for the food bank this weekend. After we fill the food bank truck, we can pick for ourselves. I'll be saucing and drying apples today.

Why would anyone voluntarily eat sauerkraut, avocado, sardines and salmon together? I like all of those in their place, but their place is not piled up in a salad bowl.

If the quote ISN'T fake news, I would not support that candidate either. She doesn't sound like a real feminist. I took classes on Feminism in college and one of the main things we learned was about the labor of the stay at home mother, and how much money she would make if paid for her multiple occupations. The point was how stay at home mothers take on a far greater role than many assume. I bet Lori would be shocked to hear that feminists are aware and  supportive of the sacrifices they make and work that stay at home mothers do . . . 

Lori's logic about girls being asked questions for replying that they want to be mothers and wives is so flawed. Why can't the girls just respond that they know how to teach, cook, sew, play/sing, garden, care for children etc? Surely they are planning on attacking motherhood with SOME skills? It is in our nature to inquire about the well-being and decision making of our youth . . . these questions are asked of all 18 year olds regardless of the choices they are making . . . ughajlkfsjaklsjdfl again just riled to tears by Lori and will probably need to go on sabbatical from her blog

Dinner last night was chili.  I found a starter at the grocery and decided to give it a try, not bad!  Needed a bit more kick though.  

I wonder how Lori would act if they were invited to one of Ken's colleagues houses and the wife prepared a meal involving "regular" ingredients?  Would she eat?  Would she politely turn it down and go "rest" in another room?  Would she sit at the table and pick at the food pretending to eat and criticizing every bit?  She's one of those I'd love to plop down at a table and just shove southern comfort food at her and watch her eat it before telling her, "that's Gold Medal white flour you just ate with $3 butter from the Piggly Wiggly."  That spoiled brat wouldn't know what to do with collard greens cooked down in pork fat.  

She doesn't even understand how to shop on a budget....yesterday's excursion involved some pre-trip digital couponing.  I found butcher block chicken on sale for $1.49/lb.  I'm fairly certain it wasn't organic chicken, that meat usually doesn't get below $3/lb around here (when you can find it).  I had $100 to get my pantry and freezer right...there's no way I could have done that shopping the way she shops.  My husband and I have enough to get us through the next 2-3 weeks if we're smart with it.  

Also...she mentioned in her list that she made sure the cars had oil changes....she'd have saved a ton doing it herself. ijs :martinismiley:

4 minutes ago, Hane said:

Baloney. It definitely ISN’T cheaper to make your own butter. My source? “Make the Bread, Buy the Butter” by Jennifer Rease, who lost her job and embarked on a study on ways to economize on foods. Three points from her book:

We made our own butter when we had a milk cow. Then it's cheaper. You can use the whey for buttermilk, or feed it to the chickens or hogs. Otherwise it's an expensive little indulgence, and if you aren't meticulous about your rinsing, it goes bad fast. A lot of traditional do-it-yourself food prep makes more sense on a homestead where you have multiple food cycles to work with. We made many, many gallons of cider, and the pomace (what's left over after crushing and squeezing) went to the cows. Likewise with apple and pear sauces and butters -- the skins, seeds, etc. go to the animals or the compost, and the compost goes to the garden, and round and round we go. If you have lots of garden leftovers and a big freezer, it's a no-brainer to make your own chicken and vegetable stock.

Nowadays I make our granola and most of our bread. Those are easy, and you save a lot of money for comparable quality.

Drying fruit for snacks is cost effective if you can get the fruit for free or cheap, which is doable around here. The grand-kids go through a lot of it.

@older than allosaurs apple butter for the win! The store bought stuff is horrid and I always thought that I hated it until we made our own. I use it in place of apple sauce in a banana molasses muffin recipe that I make and freeze for breakfast and it's the best thing ever. 

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

It's getting chilly here and we had soup -- the original recipe was vegan, but I adulterated that with a little bacon.

Fry up some sweet peppers, onion, carrots, garlic, potatoes, garden leeks and celery, herbs and a couple strips of bacon. Add most of a can of garbanzos, a small can of tomato juice, and enough water to make it soupy. Cook until soft and partially puree it. Add spices to taste--I use smoked paprika--and squeeze in some lemon juice at the end.  I oven-roasted some of the garbanzos with olive oil till they were crunchy to put on top, along with some toasted flatbread pieces.

We had homemade apple zucchini cake for dessert. I've got one last monster garden zucchini to get through, and I went on an apple glean for the food bank this weekend. After we fill the food bank truck, we can pick for ourselves. I'll be saucing and drying apples today.

Why would anyone voluntarily eat sauerkraut, avocado, sardines and salmon together? I like all of those in their place, but their place is not piled up in a salad bowl.

oh my goodness, that sounds amazing. Now I'm hungry! So with the cake, is it applesauce you use or apple slices?

1 minute ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

oh my goodness, that sounds amazing. Now I'm hungry! So with the cake, is it applesauce you use or apple slices? 

I grated up two cups of mixed zucchini and raw apples, mixed them with the sugar till they got all juicy, and then used an applesauce cake recipe.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I wonder how Lori would act if they were invited to one of Ken's colleagues houses and the wife prepared a meal involving "regular" ingredients?  Would she eat?  Would she politely turn it down and go "rest" in another room?  Would she sit at the table and pick at the food pretending to eat and criticizing every bit?  She's one of those I'd love to plop down at a table and just shove southern comfort food at her and watch her eat it before telling her, "that's Gold Medal white flour you just ate with $3 butter from the Piggly Wiggly."  That spoiled brat wouldn't know what to do with collard greens cooked down in pork fat.  

:laughing-rolling: And she'd probably die before she'd set foot inside a Piggly Wiggly! LOL!

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Also...she mentioned in her list that she made sure the cars had oil changes....she'd have saved a ton doing it herself. ijs :martinismiley:

Also, of course she didn't mention that one of those cars was a gold Mercedes. :my_dodgy:

@older than allosaurs, of course! My first husband’s relatives in rural New Brunswick did that, too. They kept a couple of milk cows and a pig, raised their own vegetables, and made their own bread. I saw a big cylindrical machine in the kitchen and asked if it was a dough mixer. They laughed and said it was a cream separator. They made their own butter and cheese from raw milk—this was in the ‘70s, and a Provincial health inspector used to come around monthly. The 90+-year-old great aunt and the other women in the family bought cheap fabric remnants and made practical quilts for their beds, as well as many of their clothes. Great-Aunt showed me the old sewing machines in the attic; she’d worn them out through years of sewing. (We talked sewing for a long time; I used to make my own clothes back then.)

Lori would think this all was paradise—unless she actually had to live there and work that hard to keep her family fed and clothed.

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

Lori would think this all was paradise—unless she actually had to live there and work that hard to keep her family fed and clothed.

I don't understand anyone who this sounds like paradise. It may sound simple, but it's hard work, every day. No day of rest, when you don't feel like it. I'm still able to get a coal fire in the stove starting with just paper and wood chops. Until age 17, the apartment we lived were heated that way. And the livingroom was the only room with a stove, so the bedrooms where really cold during cold spells in the winter. So go down 4 floors in the basement, fill your bucket with coal, carry it up 4 floors, start a fire and wait until it heats the room. And don't start me on the day when the coal delivery was and you had to carry 1000 lb of coal into your cellar in the basement with buckets, wich contained about 20 lb. I really love my rediator in every room of the apartment here. And on new years eve on year ago, our washer broke. So for nearly 2 months we had to do the laundry by hand. My brother and I had to wring jeans together to get enough water out so that they don't drip a puddle on the floor and my back disliked the rising very much. That day the new washer came was like christmas, we stood infront with huge grins on our face, when we put the first load into and started the machine.

@klein_roeschen, your story reminds me of my grandma, who was born in New York City in 1894. When we grandkids came along, she always insisted on washing the dishes herself because she said, “Hot and cold running water is such a luxury.”

I never understood until many years later, when I visited The Tenement Museum, not far from where she’d been born. I saw that the people who lived in those apartments had to get water from a pump in the courtyard and lug it up flights of stairs, then boil it on a coal stove to do the laundry and washing. 

I’m so grateful for modern conveniences!

4 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't understand anyone who this sounds like paradise. It may sound simple, but it's hard work, every day. No day of rest, when you don't feel like it. 

Too true! Especially with milk cows. They do NOT take days off. They don't even take half days off. There's no going on months long vacations. I grew up on a dairy farm, and we made butter ONCE. It was a pain, a lot of work, and personally I didn't think it turned out that great. Lori has no idea of what she is actually idolizing. She's so lazy most of her "cooking" involves tossing random food items into a bowl together. Organic, of course, but still - canned fish is canned fish. Even the stuff she does cook is not that terribly difficult. I despise cooking but I can make bread, no problem. Soup is simple. 

I'd love to see Lori forced to live the actual life she idolizes so much, just for a week or two. She'd take to her bed with illness within a day or two, I'd bet.

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Too true! Especially with milk cows. They do NOT take days off. They don't even take half days off. There's no going on months long vacations. I grew up on a dairy farm, and we made butter ONCE. It was a pain, a lot of work, and personally I didn't think it turned out that great. Lori has no idea of what she is actually idolizing. She's so lazy most of her "cooking" involves tossing random food items into a bowl together. Organic, of course, but still - canned fish is canned fish. Even the stuff she does cook is not that terribly difficult. I despise cooking but I can make bread, no problem. Soup is simple. 

I'd love to see Lori forced to live the actual life she idolizes so much, just for a week or two. She'd take to her bed with illness within a day or two, I'd bet.

Lori may it be idolizing that life, but I strongly beliefe when she pictures herself at that time, than more as the lady of the manor instead of a homesteaders wife, who is served every whim instead of miliking cows at 5 am in the morning and churning butter.

My favorite quotation about cows, from a friend who grew up on a farm: “Daylight Saving Time is ridiculous and definitely not invented by farmers. Cows don’t care what time it is.”

On 10/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, lilwriter85 said:

I think that both sides are just as equally messed up and the poor young woman ended up with a guy and future in-laws who aren't going to help her all that much with encouraging the son to be controlling. 

I couldn’t sleep the other night and happened upon Jeff’s post. He comments on his son’s FB posts as one with primary knowledge. He seems very controlling. Also- his son met the wife to be online and had her moved to wherever he lives. I believe it is Jeff who noted that wife to be tied/ties his son’s shoes. 

On 10/22/2018 at 2:16 PM, Sarah92 said:

Also what's everyone's dinner plans? I need some inspo, I'm in a food rut.

We had pizza last night but a couple of weeks ago, I made honey siracha turkey meatballs. I served them with rice noodles and broccoli. Slightly spicy but not overbearing. 

23 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Also, I tried a great sausage and white bean soup recipe last week when the unpacking was making me crazy. I used chicken apple sausage and tossed in butternut squash instead of carrots. It is SOOOO good. If anybody is interested I can share a link to the recipe. 

Would love that recipe- I love soup in the winter! 

About Lori's $14 butter - and it being "special" and unnamed - I have the sneaky suspicion that the butter is raw and unpasteurized and that is what the code of "packed full of vitamins" means in Lori's mind.

10 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

About Lori's $14 butter - and it being "special" and unnamed - I have the sneaky suspicion that the butter is raw and unpasteurized and that is what the code of "packed full of vitamins" means in Lori's mind.

I wonder what Lori would think of deep fried butter?   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239140/deep-fried-butter/

I guess I need to go to Jimbo's again.  Whole Foods only has $10 butter.  The only vitamin in that magic butter is some Vit A.    Lori is, as usual, a loon.  

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived