IGNORED

Lori Alexander 56: Lori Wants Others to Outbreed Islam for Her

Wonder if Taker Lori will delete this man's comment:

Your view on love and marriage is...strange.
You seem to look at it as a "what can i get from you" sort of situation.
Why would a man you live with want to marry you?...um...because he loves you.
If you think the only motivation for marriage is sex, cooking, cleaning and other services than i feel very sorry for you.

Sorry, reader.  Lori is a self described "taker".  She DOES see marriage as a "what can I get from you" sort of situation, and she can't imagine that anyone else would see it differently.

She also thinks love is something one is taught, not something they would naturally have for another human being.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, cara said:

In fairness to Lori's dad, he was never fully on board with the women stay home, men provide idea. He insisted his daughters get an education (and presumably use it to work.)

Same with Ken, he speaks fondly of their early marriage when he and Lori were both studying and working towards a future of collaborative financial security. He was also the one who insisted the kids went to college. 

I dunno. Lori has said over and over that her dad "never" wanted his wife to work. Of course, she may be lying. But men of that generation often saw it as an embarrassment if their wife "had to work" (not always, of course, and for many such embarrassment was a luxury they could not afford).

Plus, Lori's mom only graduated high school. She had no skills. How much could she add their income? The guy was a pathologist, for goodness sake. 

I really don't think that Lori's dad wanted or needed his wife to go get a job at Target. I also don't think that "supporting" her was such a huge issue. Of course he encouraged his girls to go to college. Professionals usually encourage their kids to go, and they want to have their kids to have a way to earn a living (or, as Lori scornfully puts it, a "backup plan")

OTOH, Lori has a college education and a teaching certificate. I don't think they need her to earn an income, but I suspect Ken would love to get her out of the house.

I, a women, do most of the house work. I don’t do it because I am female. I do it for two reasons. One I like taking care of my man. And two I make less than him so I don’t contribute as much financially as him. He could care less if I did everything or nothing and is always helping out where he can. That’s how relationships work. It’s never 50/50 all of the time, not possible. The goal should be for everyone to help out where and when they can. I always dust because he is ver alergic. But he helps with everything else. 

Ive said it before but my mom worked two jobs when my dad was to sick to. Her thoughts when he passed away had nothing to do with finance. I truly hope Lori’s dad didn’t actually say that or feel that way.

Lori certainly has a way of presenting her family members in the worst light possible. 

If we are to believe Lori, her son Ryan is an abusive father. 

Her mother never taught her to be a loving, submissive wife or a keeper of the home. Her parents had a difficult marriage, which damaged Lori, all because her mother was not submissive  

Her father is relieved that is wife is gone because...whew!...now he can save some money. 

And I won't even get into all the insults she throws at Ken through her writing. Granted, Ken does a fine job of showing himself for the true ass that he is; but still....

What she wrote about her father is disgusting and really taints her mother's memory. I guess it is what we should expect from a woman who could not be bothered to return from vacation during her mother's last days. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, Loveday said:

"Prudently at Home" is quite the bitch, isn't she? 

She can't even spell Lori's first name properly, either.  

20 hours ago, Hisey said:

He no longer bears that burden and feels a heavy load has been lifted off of his shoulders. (Yes, it’s bittersweet since he misses my mom deeply.) Appreciate your husband if he bears the burden of providing. You are blessed! ❤️

No, Lori.

Your mother's DEATH did not "lift the heavy load" from your father's shoulders.  The death and resurrection of JESUS Christ LIFTED the burden off of all people's shoulders.  

One of the names of the LORD is Jehovah Jireh: the LORD provides.  The LORD will provide.

I find it ironic that she will tell women in poverty, worried and fearful, that they need not look to their husband's for their provision, but to THE LORD...and then she turns around and writes about it as though the MAN himself is "burdened" with the load to "provide" because of the "curse" (which she preaches we have been redeemed FROM.)

This confusing, convoluted, DOUBLE-MINDED "gospel" is terrible in every way.

It is terrible because it is false teaching.  It is terrible because it causes women to feel guilt (false guilt) because their husbands are working.  It is terrible because the same Bible that Lori uses to twist scripture tells us to BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS, not heap burdens upon one gender or one person in a relationship!  

It is terrible because it causes women to seek to be so dependent and so infantile, doing nothing to bring the family into prosperity if there has been oppression from poverty.  Women are "blessed" if their husband's work and "provide"...but what are the women if the man won't or can't work and "provide?"  Cursed?  Wait, I thought a working man was operating under the curse...?!  It is a terrible message because it is TWISTED AND CONFUSING.

It confuses women.  

The message being taught on the blog and in the chat room is garbage.  Not the people; the message.  Garbage.

As with most everything Lori posts, what she posted about her father is pure projection on her part.  She is the one who is relieved that the burden of visiting her sick mom and trying to appear concerned as been lifted from her shoulders.

I think she pulled this out of her ass and used her father to relay her feelings of anger and disgust that her mother was old and dying.  Lori doesn't like dealing with that shit because she does not have an empathic bone in her body.

58 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I dunno. Lori has said over and over that her dad "never" wanted his wife to work. Of course, she may be lying. But men of that generation often saw it as an embarrassment if their wife "had to work" (not always, of course, and for many such embarrassment was a luxury they could not afford).

Plus, Lori's mom only graduated high school. She had no skills. How much could she add their income? The guy was a pathologist, for goodness sake. 

I really don't think that Lori's dad wanted or needed his wife to go get a job at Target. I also don't think that "supporting" her was such a huge issue. Of course he encouraged his girls to go to college. Professionals usually encourage their kids to go, and they want to have their kids to have a way to earn a living (or, as Lori scornfully puts it, a "backup plan")

OTOH, Lori has a college education and a teaching certificate. I don't think they need her to earn an income, but I suspect Ken would love to get her out of the house.

It is highly unlikely that Lori still has a teaching certificate. They have to be renewed and renewal requires continuing education. It isn't for life. We are an actual profession. And I can't imagine for a nano second that Lori went out of her way to get her continuing ed hours to keep that certification up to date. Letting it expire would have been an easy way to ensure that Ken could never push her to go back to work, too. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I also don't think Lori's dad wanted or needed the mom to go to work. He made a pretty good living and they likely saved up throughout their marriage. But, I can see a scenario in which Lori's dad knew that things in the world weren't going to be the same for his daughters once they reached adulthood and that maybe it was best that they get an education and skills to earn livings in case of increased costs of living or if other shit happened in their lives. 

I have always wondered how much Lori's dad and mom agree/agreed with Lori on the subject of women working. Several times on her blogs, Lori bragged about how her mom was so much better than her friends with working moms and she sometimes implied that her mom was very much against working women. But, it's possible that Lori's parents understood back then that not every family could survive on one income and Lori lies about their views on her blogs. 

With Ken and Lori, I think in their early years of marriage, Ken was unsure about their finances and he may have wanted Lori to work for extra security. He didn't grow up upper middle class like Lori and back then he may have had good reasons to worry about money and it's likely that Lori didn't totally understand those worries. 

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

image.png

Well, that assumes that the Christian god exists in the first place and is actually going to return. But let's say that it is true. Back in the day and time of Jesus, it would make sense for god to come to Earth as a male because the society in question saw women as property and not people in their right. There's no way anyone would dare listen to a mere woman back then. If the Christian god turned themselves human, back then, it would fail as a woman as no one would listen to them at all. A man would have some authority. 

Today though, why wouldn't a Christian god return as a human woman? Women today have far more respect and authority than ever. There's not been a female president in the US yet, but there are women in government positions. Other western nations do have women in power. 

Basically, what reason is there to think if the Christian god does return as a human that it would be a male today? 

Newsflash to the asshat named Michael B.: God is Spirit, and those who worship Him do so in Spirit.  Our SPIRITS worship God.  They are housed in a body, and these bodies are male or female.  Together, the bodies of male and female persons were made in the image of God: God is neither male, nor female.  He is Spirit.

There were COUNTLESS female goddesses being worshiped in Greek culture when the early church was birthed and growing.  Female gods (goddesses) were and always have been VERY common.  Michael, here, since he practices Assholism, has thus far constructed a "god" according to his ideas in Western patriarchal culture and Western Churchianity.  He doesn't seem to understand that in other parts of the world, the idea of a MALE "Father" 'God', versus a group of female goddesses, sounds RIDICULOUS to people who live in those regions.  His vision is narrow.  

Jewish patriarchal culture considered women to be beneath men and unworthy of education, religious and otherwise.  (Sound familiar?)  Jesus came in a form that would be as NORMAL and acceptable as humanly possible to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel (for whom He came first).  The Jews would NEVER have accepted a FEMALE form representing the Father God (Yahweh).  They were brute misogynists and proud of it.

Comp'ism pits women and men against one another.  Michael B. is a strict Complementarian, which is a false religion.  No one should be listening to a single word coming out of this man's mouth, other than to debunk his error.

The MAN Jesus Christ is the only man who has authority in the lives of believing women.  No other man is head of woman in any way.  The MAN Jesus Christ is Spirit now, and living in the believing women, indwelling them. They are literally ONE with Him.  They have no need to separate themselves from Him.  As Jesus is in this world, so are believing women. (1 John 4:17) His Body on earth today, is comprised of many members, both male AND female.

Obviously Michael Bolton here doesn't understand the implications of the HOLY SPIRIT living in the bodies of believing persons on earth today.  He will return according to the bible, but He's ALREADY HERE now (by the deposit of the Holy Spirit) and the Michael's of the world are treading on DANGEROUS ground by calling half of His body to be less than the other half, and creating fear of man and man/husband idolatry in the hearts of God's daughters.

3 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Michael, here, since he practices Assholism, has thus far constructed a "god" according to his ideas in Western patriarchal culture and Western Churchianity. 

He's creating God in his own image, as men have done since they first tried to make sense of their world and decided someone had to have made it it all. Also, he doesn't understand that having a dick doesn't mean he has to be one. 

I wonder what Lori's aunts have to say about what she wrote. I somehow doubt they would take too kindly to her saying her father's "burden" has been lifted. 

20 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I wonder what Lori's aunts have to say about what she wrote. I somehow doubt they would take too kindly to her saying her father's "burden" has been lifted. 

I'm sure at the very least couple of people in the family aren't too happy with that post. It could be Lori twisting shit around, but it doesn't put the dad in the best light if he views his support of families as burdens. 

Has Lori treated any of her family members well? Saying crap about her parents, treating her kids like shit and most likely influencing her daughters' disordered eating are some things to add to the list. Additionally, and this may sound dramatic, she technically sexually assaulted her husband. He did not consent to having sex with her without fully functioning birth control. If a man secretly pulled off his condom before having sex with a woman that would be rape. It's not a funny little incident on her part, it's rape. And she hit him. Given, he's not a great guy by any means, but she's certainly an abuser. So Lori and Ken, if you're reading this, the above is why I don't like Lori. She's abusive, cruel and twists scripture to suit her beliefs. 

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I, a women, do most of the house work. I don’t do it because I am female. I do it for two reasons. One I like taking care of my man. And two I make less than him so I don’t contribute as much financially as him. He could care less if I did everything or nothing and is always helping out where he can. That’s how relationships work. It’s never 50/50 all of the time, not possible. The goal should be for everyone to help out where and when they can. I always dust because he is ver alergic. But he helps with everything else. 

Ive said it before but my mom worked two jobs when my dad was to sick to. Her thoughts when he passed away had nothing to do with finance. I truly hope Lori’s dad didn’t actually say that or feel that way.

I only work part time (mostly--I'm working full time now through all of November) and I still don't do the housework. Mr. 05 LIKES to do housework. And he's a perfectionist about it. So everything I do is wrong and he just does it again. Except two things: he never dusts or cleans mirrors. So I do that. I learned awhile back that he thought our house is never dusty and our mirrors never get dirty. He literally didn't know I was doing it all this time. 

I do all the grocery shopping and cooking. He can't cook. And I love to cook. I like cooking for him (or frankly, anyone, I like to cook and feed people).  I also do the laundry. And I usually handle being home for repairs and such things, getting cars to the shop, any banking that needs done in person...all the sorts of things that need done during work hours since I have days off. BUT when I have had long term sub jobs and can't really take a day, he has done it. 

He does the lawn and landscaping, but I take care of flowers and did the vegetable garden. 

But none of this has anything to do with gender roles. A lot of it has to do with who enjoys what or is good at it or is available. And that's the concept that the submission/gender role people are missing. I know people who have lived that life for a time and got away from it later in their marriages and felt like a burden was taken away. When the man who loves to cook and is creative and happy doing it takes over dinner from the woman who hates it and would rather just dump some Spaghettios in a pan, everyone is happier. Go figure. I said it earlier in the thread: Jesus said he came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Not to make nonsensical rules about who cooks and who mows. And in an abundant life, each person uses their gifts and exercises their passions even if that means he cooks and she mows. 

A woman cannot win in Lori's brain. With everything she has said about married women working now she announces her homemaking mother was a financial burden and a drain.  

46 minutes ago, wild little fox said:

A woman cannot win in Lori's brain. With everything she has said about married women working now she announces her homemaking mother was a financial burden and a drain.  

There's some serious projection going on here. I get the impression that if anyone in that family is a financial burden, and a drain in virtually every sense of the word, it's Lori. 

53 minutes ago, wild little fox said:

4 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

There's some serious projection going on here. I get the impression that if anyone in that family is a financial burden, and a drain in virtually every sense of the word, it's Lori. 

I think both of you make excellent points. 

Lori's teaching: "Women! Stay home, regardless of your family's financial situation. Your husband will be blessed by it. And then, when you die, he will experience the joy of great relief that you are no longer sucking the life out of him.  Keep blessing your husbands, women; even after death." 

I also think Lori drains everyone with whom she ever comes in contact, especially family. I am starting to think she might have had some resentment toward her mother.  She was probably very jealous of her for all the attention she received when she was ill. Now Daddy can keep rubbing little Lori's feet and give her ALL the attention. 

Just catching up on Lori and this might be the wine that I have had tonight, but wow.

What a bitch. Her father is relieved? I call bullshit.

Lori is lying again to further her agenda. And causing massive guilt to women who struggle with the realities of today's economy. "Flirting with poverty" (sorry, don't remember who said this earlier??) is not okay. Especially for children.

Also today's sermon at church was about showing faith and joy during suffering. Something that Lori would do well to work on.

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It is highly unlikely that Lori still has a teaching certificate. They have to be renewed and renewal requires continuing education. It isn't for life. We are an actual profession. And I can't imagine for a nano second that Lori went out of her way to get her continuing ed hours to keep that certification up to date. Letting it expire would have been an easy way to ensure that Ken could never push her to go back to work, too. 

Yes, I agree. She HAD a teaching certificate, that her dad forced her to get. Nasty old thing, because of that certificate she had to work the first two year of her daughter's life--they were the worst two years ever! She was totally exhausted! And having her mom watch the baby was the worst for everyone. Of course, baby Alyssa was miserable. Not to mention, grandmas are too nice and often refuse to hit an infant with a twig when they "misbehave."

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

She was probably very jealous of her for all the attention she received when she was ill. Now Daddy can keep rubbing little Lori's feet and give her ALL the attention. 

This might explain why she didn't go back to CA when her mother was dying. She couldn't compete a dying woman. Lori seems to find it intolerable when she's not the center of attention. And she wouldn't have been. So maybe she found a reason that she couldn't go home.

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Her father is relieved that is wife is gone because...whew!...now he can save some money. 

IF her dad truly loved her mother, he is going to be furious when he sees that instagram. "How dare you tell people that I'm relieved your mother is dead!" That's what an normal, loving husband would say.

Lori:

What are my thoughts on women voting? I have been asked this frequently. I am not a fan at all. 

Lori one paragraph later:

Do I vote? Yes, I vote 

If Lori's dad knows about that and is pissed, I hope he changes his will and leaves Lori with nothing and just leave it that Lori is Ken's burden. 

I have a very strong feeling that Lori's family is seething with rage over her behavior.  I also think it was a family member that she hung up on, and I think they were calling her out on the way she was handling her mother's death.

Her Instagram post about her father being relieved to be rid of the "heavy burden" that was her mother, was so grotesque that I was convinced I was misreading it somehow.  As awful as Lori is, I just couldn't fathom that she would say something like that.

When you think about it, though, it's the essence of who Lori really is.  She doesn't miss people, because she doesn't experience love.  She looks at any given situation, and tries to find a way in which to make it beneficial to her.  She naturally assumes that other people do the same.

In her mind, it would be a relief to be rid of anyone who was a drain on money you could be spending on yourself.  After all, this is the woman who begrudged her guests a glass of water.

selfish.thumb.PNG.1c056a24e96a09a0719a870f5e5c5f13.PNG

I honestly can't even imagine feeling that way.  AND, I don't believe Lori has changed...not one single bit.

On IG today, you can feel a writer's desperation in asking for help/practical advice on how to be a SAHM...the family is struggling. Sounds like they are about to crash and burn. But  all Lori can do is spout platitudes and quote Benjamin Franklin.   so as her family is freezing or starving, just remember, a penny saved is a penny earned.  UGH.....she makes my blood boil....

WRITER:  “I always want to stay with my babies. I am a stay at home mom right now and follow your blogs. We went fraom making lots of momey to 1/3 of the money within a year. Now, even with minimum bills, we are barely surviving. What do we do? How do we do this? My husband is already gone all day and evening. How ? I pray daily. He prays too. I am pregnant with our second baby in 2 years after 10 years of infertility. I am so afraid of not giving my boys what they need even. How do we do this with me at home? Please. What passages do I read? Help us.”

LORI:  “go to the library and check out The Tightwad Gazette! Remember, a penny saved is a penny earned and with God all things are possible. He is your Great Provider!” 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Lori one paragraph later:

Lori says women shouldn't have the right to vote, but she votes. What a surprise. Serena Lori, exercising a right that she doesn't want other women to have.  :pb_rollseyes:

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived