IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

I love strawberries and cream.

But I also love strawberries with mozzarella and basil, like a sweet caprese ?

• Upvote 6

On 5/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes - although for me it’s white sugar and lemon juice.  A little cool whip ...now I’m hingey!

I love strawberries with cool whip. If I eat strawberries with sugar I let them sit in the fridge for a hour or two. I do the same with OJ or lemon/lime juice. I don't normally do them with sugar and juice at the same time, but I do recall having them at a bridal or baby shower and they were AMAZING.  I'll have to try that I saw some yummy looking strawberries at the grocery store yesterday I'll have to get some tonight. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you get that recipe I’d love it if you posted it.  I love salads with strawberries and balsamic vinegar dressing and that sounds delicious.

I did that the other day with chocolate-flavored balsamic and it was awesome. Had the low-sugar Talenti lemon gelato with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, lizzybee said:

My grandfather has always salted things like cantaloupe and watermelon. 

I used to work with this woman,she ate fruit everyday,at work ,at lunch and or break.

She salted every piece of fruit she ate,bananas,plums,tangerines....I have seen it done with apples and melons,but never every fruit imaginable,including cling peaches from a can.She had her salt pack and pour it in.

To each their own,I guess.

• Upvote 3

My sister and I had a fruit dip at a local tearoom .  It was made of softened whipped cream, vanilla, sugar, and orange marmalade.  Add a splash of milk if mixture seems too thick.  

It was so good we ate  it with a spoon.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you get that recipe I’d love it if you posted it.  I love salads with strawberries and balsamic vinegar dressing and that sounds delicious.

This is the recipe my husband said he used.  My memory of the recipe itself was way off! I am going to have to make it again soon. I remember it being very good. 

Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar (link)

Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar

Level: Easy

Total: 45 min

Prep: 15 min

Inactive: 30 min

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients

4 pints (8 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced thick

5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

2 tablespoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving

Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving

Directions

Thirty minutes to an hour before serving, combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.

Place a serving of the strawberries in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream on top and dust lightly with lemon zest.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Strawberries with sweetened condensed milk is the best ever. I learned about it while in Japan 

• Upvote 3

I made a strawberry smoothie the other day for myself and the kiddos. I used 

2 bananas

handful of frozen strawberries

1/2 cup of oats

1tbsp of chocolate peanut butter powder (like PB2)

tbsp each of flax and chia

~1 1/2 cups of unsweetened non dairy milk

It was pretty delicious. I was out of greens the other day which is one of my ways of sneaking them into my toddler’s diet so I had to improvise. But I also sneak in oatmeal and healthy omega 3’s that way. Tbh I’m not a huge strawberry fan, and I had a lot that I’d picked over in my mixed frozen fruit package. It turned out pretty amazing. If you’re not sharing with two children, you could absolutely cut that recipe in half though. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic