IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

What is shocking about the picture is the year it was taken. The baby Gil has in arms must be Addalee, so it was 2006!!!! Those frumpers in 2006!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

So Erin's latest Easter photo immediately have me flashbacks to their pregnancy announcement photos with Everley (and a lesser extent for Brooklyn).

Same ultra Tarryn blur and couch, kids in similar positions, even Erin and Chad wearing similar outfits to the announcement for Everley.

I wouldn't be shocked if this Easter photo shoot also was to get a photo for an announcement because they are all so similar. I honestly thought it was at first because I thought I'd seen the pictures before!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-04-23-09-09-00-01.thumb.jpeg.099061e8ac74c44d4a9b664a9b335f0c.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-04-23-09-09-23-01.thumb.jpeg.59f95b5cee830f4430c3df920c15d710.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-04-23-09-09-46-01.thumb.jpeg.de174bd0bfbd753f057184c7f8f9d632.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

On 4/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, Melissa1977 said:

What is shocking about the picture is the year it was taken. The baby Gil has in arms must be Addalee, so it was 2006!!!! Those frumpers in 2006!!!!

I'm pretty sure the Bates Girls wore frumpers all the way up until BUB started. in 2008when they went to the Duggar house after the Ice storm I believe they were wearing them. I also think they had some on during united Bates of America. 

the Paines have redone the Kitchen. Erin finally got her wish and Chad got rid of the ugly green counters. but aren't they renting, How are they able to do all of this????? 

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm pretty sure the Bates Girls wore frumpers all the way up until BUB started. in 2008when they went to the Duggar house after the Ice storm I believe they were wearing them. I also think they had some on during united Bates of America. 

the Paines have redone the Kitchen. Erin finally got her wish and Chad got rid of the ugly green counters. but aren't they renting, How are they able to do all of this????? 

Maybe the owner is giving them a discount on rent for updating the place. I’ve known owners that have done that. Most updates help the values to go up.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.Right said:

Maybe the owner is giving them a discount on rent for updating the place. I’ve known owners that have done that. Most updates help the values to go up.

I had a cousin that did this. Eventually they ended up buying the rental, but for the first several years they were there they did updates (with prior approval from the landlord) and were given discounted rent.I'm not sure I would put that much time and energy into a rental myself but it seems to work for some people in certain circumstances. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I had a cousin that did this. Eventually they ended up buying the rental, but for the first several years they were there they did updates (with prior approval from the landlord) and were given discounted rent.I'm not sure I would put that much time and energy into a rental myself but it seems to work for some people in certain circumstances. 

as much as Erin likes that house it only has two bedrooms I doubt they can stay their much longer they already have three kids maybe with double bunkbeds they could cram four but I just don't see this housing situation being realistic for them much longer. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

as much as Erin likes that house it only has two bedrooms I doubt they can stay their much longer they already have three kids maybe with double bunkbeds they could cram four but I just don't see this housing situation being realistic for them much longer. 

I totally agree. The only way I can see them staying there would be if they plan on an addition of some type. But I have to imagine that would cost more than just purchasing  (or renting) a different house that is a better fit for their family. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I totally agree. The only way I can see them staying there would be if they plan on an addition of some type. But I have to imagine that would cost more than just purchasing  (or renting) a different house that is a better fit for their family. 

I agree with this--although since Chad and the brothers do remodeling now, perhaps an addition (even just adding one bedroom, a bath & a laundry area would make a huge difference for them) would be cheaper than buying a larger house. But only if the owner feels motivated to sell. Perhaps the owner is on the fence about it & they are trying to convince him.

• Upvote 6

even if the owner intends to keep the property indefinitely, he (he, because "she" would be blasphemous to them) would be more inclined to let them do all this work if they have a good rapport.  after five years, they probably have a reputation for being good tenants, which would make the landlord more likely to let them modify his house.  they may be discussing all changes with him beforehand, and negotiating costs and rent discounts and so forth.  so even though they will leave those new counters behind someday, the landlord gets the value, but Cherin got to pick them out and probably got compensated in reduced rent.  likewise if they add on a third bedroom, Cherin may plan and design it, then the landlord approves everything; Cherin may front the cost, but then get several months rent-free.  hypothetical, of course, but i've known a few people who had similar arrangements.

• Upvote 9

The way she responded and the fact that they just remodeled the kitchen doesnt sound like they are moving any time soon.

I wonder what they plan to do as the children grow older. Right now they have 2 in tiny toddler beds but that will not work for much longer. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, llucie said:

The way she responded and the fact that they just remodeled the kitchen doesnt sound like they are moving any time soon.

I wonder what they plan to do as the children grow older. Right now they have 2 in tiny toddler beds but that will not work for much longer. 

I just hope the speculation that she's pregnant with number 4 isn't true.  if she doesn't slow her roll I can see her having a Michelle Duggar type laundry room break down. as it is now she seems to rely on her parents and sisters (Especially Carlin) for help. with Carlin getting married, Katie in school it's either going to all fall on Addie's little shoulders or Erin is going to break. 

• Upvote 3

Is there something wrong with me in that I like the kitchen cabinets?

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 6

Until I was an adult, I never realized that changing up a rental was a big deal. I grew up in a 4-plex apartment. Very old and needed lots of upgrades. My parents had lived there for a long time prior to me, and we lived there till I was a teen. We would pretty much do whatever we wanted and never asked the landlord. I guess they figured after 30 ish years than they didn’t care about getting their deposit back. I remember as a kid painting my room lime green (pretty hideous looking back now ?) .  Maybe Chad and Erin have the same mentality of hey, we’re here living in it, let’s make it ours. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I just hope the speculation that she's pregnant with number 4 isn't true.  if she doesn't slow her roll I can see her having a Michelle Duggar type laundry room break down. as it is now she seems to rely on her parents and sisters (Especially Carlin) for help. with Carlin getting married, Katie in school it's either going to all fall on Addie's little shoulders or Erin is going to break. 

With Michael coming back, and currently childless, I'm sure she will be doing all of her sister's childcare needs and cleaning their homes. I know she's supposed to be going to school but I'll believe that when I see it. She's coming home to wait on her sisters who have babies. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

With Michael coming back, and currently childless, I'm sure she will be doing all of her sister's childcare needs and cleaning their homes. I know she's supposed to be going to school but I'll believe that when I see it. She's coming home to wait on her sisters who have babies. 

sadly after I typed all that out out I got thinking of Micheal as well and yeah you're probably right poor girl. 

11 hours ago, catlady said:

Me too! That whole house is a gaudy, chintz-filled nightmare, but I kinda like the kitchen cabinets! 

• Upvote 2

On 4/26/2019 at 11:35 PM, Vivi_music said:

Oh sweet lord baby Jesus. That kitchen, the cabinets!! SO MUCH STUFF. I think I have gone blind.

My favorite comment about that house is "I think I'd have to live in the swimming pool"

You know J-Rod would wet herself in excitement if she could live there.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, catlady said:

When you posted this comment I knew exactly what house was linked.

I like the kitchen cabinets too! Would want them in different colors and a bit less stylized, but it's a really cool idea. 

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic