IGNORED

Maxwell 24: Juicing, Chiropracters, and Faux Insurance

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Nora Roberts also uses ghost writers. Those three writers are basically factories: the "name" writer outlines the plot and the ghost fills it in using the house style.

I don't read the other two, but I used to LOVE Nora Roberts, but I quit her because her books are just too damn formulaic. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is extremely off-topic but I had an epiphany at work today that was sad for me. I realized that the Maxhell kids have never seen any of the Shrek movies.

1 hour ago, Jigsaw3 said:

James Patterson also uses ghost writers, but at least he usually credits them (the James Patterson + Maxine Whoever on the cover.) Nora Roberts also uses ghost writers. Those three writers are basically factories: the "name" writer outlines the plot and the ghost fills it in using the house style. Yup, that's how you write a new book every quarter.

I once looked up the publication frequency for Nora Roberts under that name plus JD Robb -- combined, she publishes about a book a month! :wow:

20 hours ago, NeckPunch said:

3/4 of an hour? What the hell? Maybe it's 1 hour - 7.5 minutes to walk there and get settled, 45 minutes to read/do puzzles, then another 7.5 minutes to get ready and home again? But why not just say 1 hour then? This family makes my head hurt.

Those 15 minutes are in a different box on the excel chart. 

The anti-abortion post is up, just in time for my birthday!  Don't forget your placards and get out there and protest for the unborn (not the "incubators" though, they don't count).  

Women's lives are not destroyed by abortion, Steve. I have known many women that are very glad they were able to have them because they felt having the baby would have destroyed their lives.

In what way is holding a sign that says "Abortion kills children" showing love? 

I mean, there are lots of love languages, we all know that.  I feel like that's not one of them.  

19 hours ago, dripcurl said:

This is extremely off-topic but I had an epiphany at work today that was sad for me. I realized that the Maxhell kids have never seen any of the Shrek movies.

Ah Shrek!! My daughter walked down the aisle to a song from Shrek - "You Belong to Me."  I had never paid attention to the soundtrack of the movie so when she said "I'm going to enter to this song from Shrek," I was thinking "OKAAAAYYYYY-uh????" When I heard it, though, I completely undestood her thinking. Such a pretty song. 

I moved a post about the Kavanaugh issue to the thread below. It didn't break any rules, but we do want to keep the purely political posts in the politics forum.Many, many of us are furious about the political situations going on now and we just don't want every thread overrun....thanks for your understanding.  

What about all of the potential children Stevehovah killed with his vasectomy? Hi Steve!

4 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

What about all of the potential children Stevehovah killed with his vasectomy? Hi Steve!

Or all of the children he is keeping from entering this world by keeping his daughters single?

Teri has to make everything so over the top, my grandmother taught me to swim and she didn’t need a certificate or gifts. It’s just one of those things you do for kids because it’s something fun and useful. 

Mine made it fun, not these weird increments of time on a schedule. 

Teri was a lifeguard and swim coach, yet denying another thing her kids could have enjoyed. She’s as bad as Steve I feel no pity towards her. 

I wonder what sort of swimming costume the girls wear. I bet it’s some kind of modesty outfit.

Two 15-minute increments over 5 weeks adds up to only 2.5 hours of lessons.

I learned to swim with my Dad over an entire summer, so that seems a little short to me. I guess it depends how much practice the kids got between lessons, and how "well" the parents think they should swim. If it's only a lifesaving emergency skill like Teri suggests, that might be sufficient.

The increments of time they spend with the kids on this sort of stuff is just so sad. Why not spend a couple of hours each day? Lord knows they should have the time. 

On 10/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, socalrules said:

Gigi looks fabulous for 86 and seems to be in great health. I am ok with the small increments of time the kids spend with GiGi. Little boisterous kids can become exhausting even when they are generally well behaved. 45 minutes is probably just enough before they start to wear on Gigi. Besides, it’s not like she never gets to see them. It appears someone is there everyday. 

I don’t understand this idea Steve controls Gigi or she isn’t allowed a TV. Terri isn’t her only child. I am sure her other kids would not let Steve or anyone deny their mother something she wants. There is no reason to believe Gigi is exactly like her daughter.  For all we know Gigi spends a lot of time with her other children who check on her regularly but they are not mentioned on the blog because they live normal lives. The fact that she looks so good leads me to believe she isn’t stressing out about how to please anyone. Teri can only hope to look as good as her mom at 86. 

We know for a fact that Steve doesn't control Gigi. Teri's sister (or maybe bil) posted pictures of Gigi on vacation with them and she was wearing shorts.

Also, I love to see Gigi in posts. She seems like such a bright warm person.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, freethemall said:

Question: do we ever hear about any of the married couples having date nights, with grandma Terri or grandpa Steve or any of the aunts babysitting?

Yep, they post about it occasionally.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:02 AM, anjulibai said:

Women's lives are not destroyed by abortion, Steve. I have known many women that are very glad they were able to have them because they felt having the baby would have destroyed their lives.

Right here. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Teri has to make everything so over the top, my grandmother taught me to swim and she didn’t need a certificate or gifts. It’s just one of those things you do for kids because it’s something fun and useful. 

Teri was a lifeguard and swim coach, yet denying another thing her kids could have enjoyed. She’s as bad as Steve I feel no pity towards her. 

My guess is the children wanted to give her the certificate and gifts. My daughter likes to do stuff like that.

It's a good life skill to have. No snark on teaching it. It would be better if they could carry on improving their skills and enjoy the exercise and the water by going to proper pools on a regular basis though, you know, like Teri herself had the opportunity to. 

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

1. How do you do a 1/4 hour swim? Lol.... oh the IDOL of schedule!

2. Considering these kids NEVER get to truly interact with other kids and earn those "everybody gets a trophy" things let alone an actually well-earned certificate, I think the certificate is ok. It might be really meaningful to the child who gets almost no individual validation.

3. I agree on the denying her kids fun she had, but I am glad the kids are being taught to swim just in case--no family deserves a drowning.

Now, what the hell is she wearing? One of those Duggar swimsuits? Shorts/t-shirt? UGH

And, who knew they had TWO sets of friends!

25 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

It's a good life skill to have. No snark on teaching it. It would be better if they could carry on improving their skills and enjoy the exercise and the water by going to proper pools on a regular basis though, you know, like Teri herself had the opportunity to. 

I wonder if Melanie's parents have a pool?

15 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Now, what the hell is she wearing? One of those Duggar swimsuits? Shorts/t-shirt? UGH

Looks like a rash guard so I'm guessing that and shorts/trunks. I'm not about to snark on that because I rarely wear a traditional swimsuit myself

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Will Prissy Chris and Amish Anna's kids learn to swim?

If it "honors" Granny to let her teach them and, naturally, if Steve desires it. Maybe only the Maxwells in the Elect get to learn? bwhahaha Steve would "know" who they are, of course.

That post just makes me sad. The ABC girls can’t even go to a public swimming pool for lessons? Even Zoo takes her kids to a public pool for lessons. When there is an area of parenting where you are doing worse than Zoo, you really need to look at your life choices. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived