IGNORED

Dillards 65: Standard Cringe, New Atrocious Signage

Georgiana

I can’t hate on her (at the moment). It’s too pathetic. She’s excluded from everything. This is fundamentalism gone completely wrong and a woman who is left floundering. Her family and husband have outlets that she can’t participate in. She used to be the cheerleader for everyone. 

Figure it out Jill! 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jill would have been a great nurse.  The job itself would have brought her down to earth and I feel too that she has the capacity for compassion and empathy.  She has lots of babysitters to help, she could do it.  I wish she would.

3 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I think Jill would have been a great nurse.  The job itself would have brought her down to earth and I feel too that she has the capacity for compassion and empathy.  She has lots of babysitters to help, she could do it.  I wish she would.

It would be difficult. She could. I think it would take humbling herself immensly and admitting that about 98% of how she percieves the world is wrong. She might need ten years, one to zero more kids, a failing marriage, a family removed from the spotlight.

Right now she appears to be on the track of grin and bear it. But it doesn’t look like it’s working. Maybe that puts her closer to breaking than some of the others. Or she doubles down. It’s so hard to tell.

I'm not so sure that Jill is the stage 5 clinger so much as OfJill is. I don't see Jill wanting to sit in on a law class so much as Ofjill wants to "impress" her with how smart he is and his classmates with the fact that he has a wife who will do what ever he wants her to. Sure driving him to and from work and having lunch with him was over the top but she has 2 kids now, she has other people to pay attention to and care for, not to mention she's also a little more used to not living in the chaos of the TTH

I don't personally have an issue with Jill sitting in a class. In my experience, people did this from time to time and it wasn't a big deal. My mother would occasionally take me to one of her classes when I was a kid and I really enjoyed it. That said, I'm saving all my snark for the fact that this is (probably Derick's...) pathetic excuse for a date. Nowhere in the history of the world has sitting in a law class been considered quality time with someone's spouse. Perhaps I'm too picky, but I'd actually want to talk to my significant other on a date. 

Since it’s in Arkansas, what percentage of Derick’s classmates have the same views as him? 50% of the men and 30% of the women? Do you think most of his classmates are Trump supporters?

Is it just me, or does DWreck ditch his kids whenever possible?  Taking on a law degree to escape them is a bit much, frankly, but he seems to really love his "alone" time.

Also noting that his wife needs to find a hobby or somewhere to volunteer, or something, rather than following him around like a puppy.

7 hours ago, felicitysbow said:

Sorry - couldn't resist

dillard  skeletor.jpg

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Yoohoo law school fj’ers, what say you? I just despise these two entitled asswipes!!

My husband went to my law school four times: 1) orientation for spouses (a mock class); 2) and 3) picked me up so we could trade cars; and 4) when I graduated. 

But by the time I started law school, he had already served a year unaccompanied in Korea (he's honorably retired now) and we had been doing the adult, just the two of us, thing since shortly after we met. 

I'm a public defender and have been for over 29 years--paralegal before and during law school; attorney now. He's been in court with me much more than four times; not because I can't be left alone but just because. We laugh that when I was working a federally funded job with my state's death penalty resource center, I took him to places like San Francisco and New Orleans when I had training. Now that my job is not federally funded (I burned out on death penalty work), I treat him to trips to my state's finer penal institutions and jails.

3 minutes ago, sixcatatty said:

Now that my job is not federally funded (I burned out on death penalty work), I treat him to trips to my state's finer penal institutions and jails.

Thank you for the time you spent doing this very difficult and important work. 

So.....today is the first day a Duggar adult has ever attended a public university then?

Well,  I just hope the next time it's for real and not for make-believe.

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, #nokids is the Derick equivalent of #besthubbyever. I'm not sure what to make of it.

This is all my rambling theory of what is going to happen in the future to the Dullards and Jill and her children siblings.

Turns out he thought being married with kids would a great idea, and now he's stuck with a wife he can't stand and 2 kids it turns out he didn't want.   I have a feeling when he crashes and burns in Law school his home life will be even more unbearable, for him, and the more miserable he is the more miserable he will make his family.  I don't give these 2 more than 5 years before he bales. Jill will never leave she'll double down, and then I think she'll break away as she's had enough of cluster fuck her life has turned into. Jill will drift away from the cult while still maintaining contact with some of her married siblings, like Joy,  Joy will stay by Jill no matter what, as will James and Jenni, the younger two are totally over the BS now, that won't change with time. 

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Thank you! I spent far to long trying to figure out what an evil ne miser is.  #helovethemall. :pb_lol: :confusion-shrug:

13 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I am fascinated to see how Derick will deal with a real course on the Constitution and how equal protection works. I suspect his American government education so far has been heavily David Barton-esque. I think he will also be uncomfortable to learn how much our law is not Judeo-Christian based, but rather modeled mostly after those pagan, homoerotic Greeks, particularly the judicial system.

@nausicaa, just a thought. OSU [Oklahoma State University] undergrad, teaches real Constitutional history/law, and real history. Derick had the opportunity to receive a fine education from OSU. I suspect he jumped on the fundamentalist, extremist, religious right train after he left OSU.

David Barton would be ran out of town by most educators and students. We may be a red state, but most of us live in the real world. Don't give up on us Democrats and Progressives, we are methodically trying to return our State to Democratic reason. Hey, we even have medical marijuana in Oklahoma, that is a big thing Lol.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/oklahoma-state-3170

Rick, Derick's late father, was a Pistol Pete mascot at OSU, as was Derick. He was probably fairly normal during his time at OSU, I can't imagine a religious zealot chosen to represent OSU's football program. Like the University of Oklahoma, OSU is considered somewhat liberal in this region of the US.

https://library.okstate.edu/oralhistory/digital/pistol-pete-collection/pistol-pete-alumni

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Don't marry a guy who looks like Skeletor and worship him for the littlest things. 

Also think critically, you'll be good. 

OH my god, he DOES look like Skeletor!!  ?Aahh!  Now I can't unsee it, omg. ?

Good Lord, they really are both Stage 5 Clingers. Is Derick's class time the only time Jessa was available to babysit??? Surely not, since she has no career either. They didn't want an afternoon date where they could go to lunch with #nokids? They chose his law class? 

I have several friends who graduated from law school. I remember them talking about how horrible the professors were about calling out/embarassing students for anything and everything that happened in class--and you couldn't get away with anything because the classes were small. How in the world is Jill going to class okay? It's not like my Psych103 class that was a 400 person lecture. I had two friends visit one Friday and we all three sat in the back unnoticed. 

Ugh these people

15 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Turns out he thought being married with kids would a great idea, and now he's stuck with a wife he can't stand and 2 kids it turns out he didn't want. 

I think this is possible for many of the young kidults we follow.... they have no choice, they do what they must, and then end up miserable JMHO.

To me, “flirting” is harmless and fun. If it isn’t, it moves into harrassment territory. BlackberryGrandkid3 is a major flirt and we DO say he’s flirting with his daddy or his papa.  He flirts with many people, but there are a few he obviously gives the cold shoulder to. Its just a n active attempt to interact withsomeone. 

7 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

It's not like my Psych103 class that was a 400 person lecture

Good point. Though one time a friend made me laugh hysterically in a 300 person lecture and my professor got mad. 

Who won the poll ?  Did someone choose this date Wednesday September 12 as the day we would find out JILL sat in a law school class with ofJIll - did this make anyone's day like it did mine. 

Supreme laughter is not even something I can go even further with 

I mean come ON 

4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I went to a large state University. On several occasions, students were permitted to bring others to class. I have definitely seen babies and puppies in class.

but those need to be dependent on something or someone 

this is not the case...this is Jill being jill and thinking this is ok when it is downright stupid 

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Are there episodes of Counting On which show her stalking Dertwit at Walmart?

just pictures after they were married and she was knocked up 

- :D

OMG. So Mr. Fluffer was finishing his last two years of college while I was working full time so he could get his degree, with family watching our infant. He also worked a full time job 2nd shift, and we saw him about one- two days a week. It was hard but we knew it was temporary. I honestly don't think I ever went to his school, other than the day he toured there. She needs to get a hobby, life, job, join a mom's group, gymboree, bible study with some built-in church child care, SOMETHING. 

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I think Jill would have been a great nurse.

I wouldn't want her carefully measuring out my IV meds, and I think her own family has started to avoid having her assist with births.  That said, she seems to care about people and I believe she could succeed in a more supportive but less technical health care role.

The law school selfie...I'm going to guess that she was badgering him a lot about his classes and he finally brought her to class to try to make it stop.  Of course they used it for their social media thing.

Just now, Dandruff said:

I wouldn't want her carefully measuring out my IV meds, and I think her own family has started to avoid having her assist with births.  That said, she seems to care about people and I believe she could succeed in a more supportive but less technical health care role.

The law school selfie...I'm going to guess that she was badgering him a lot about his classes and he finally brought her to class to try to make it stop.  Of course they used it for their social media thing.

they can't even use the excuse that they were filming for the show because they AREN't ON the show

so this is on them 

both of them - pure and simple

My brother is currently visiting his girlfriend who just started law school. I'll have to ask him when he gets back if he followed her to classes. :pb_lol:

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived