IGNORED

Dillards 65: Standard Cringe, New Atrocious Signage

Georgiana

What the ever loving fuck?  I always think these people can't do anything else to amaze me (not in a positive way) and I'm always proven wrong. Just no. Class is not a date.

Please tell me there's pushback in the comments. Please. 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I am surprised that any legitimate school would permit unregistered persons to attend a class and receive free education. Even when you audit a class and are not seeking credit, you still have to sign up. This is ridiculous. I to wouldn't view this as time off, but to each her own. I would rather have a mani-pedi or something, or attend a seminar or class of my choosing. Pathetic to be this damn clingy and him enabling it.

I tagged along to my older sister’s undergrad classes - once or twice to an English class she took at a local community college and then I attended a few of her classes when I visited her at the four year university she (and eventually I) attended. I wasn’t registered for the courses, but none of the professors had an issue with it and our parents viewed it as a great experience for us both.

That said, there’s a world of difference between that and posting a photo of that time you took your wife to a Law School level class in order to get time away from the kids.

ETA: Other students at both schools also brought people to class occasionally. Usually it was parents bringing their kids if they didn’t have a babysitter, but (again) there’s a big difference in situations.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Was this actually allowed? I feel like a law school wouldn't want people in their classes who didn't pay for them.  

I'd lean towards he snuck her in.  These two are entitled enough for that

If that’s the case then he’s an even bigger idiot for posting evidence online. It’s be easy enough for someone with a grudge to email a screenshot of this to his school. 

26 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Geez, these two are just ridiculous. My eyes rolled so far back into my head I got eye strain. 

At the same time it makes me sad that this is the closest Jill will EVER come to experiencing real education. She does look excited to be in that classroom. I would love for her to be able to enroll somewhere, anywhere, part time community college, to feed her curiosity and expand her mind. I actually think she'd love it and be a good student.

Jill always struck me as being one of the more educationally curious Duggars. She lacks common sense and self awareness, but she honestly did seem to take her Midwife studies very seriously and she’s one of the only Duggars to show any interest in education beyond graduation from SOTDRT. Her parents have done so much crappy stuff to her (and her siblings), but the limiting of educational opportunities is one of the worst.

(And she does look genuinely thrilled to be there, which makes me hate her parents even more. Her first real college experience shouldn’t have been tagging along with her manchild husband.)

9 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

What the ever loving fuck?  I always think these people can't do anything else to amaze me (not in a positive way) and I'm always proven wrong. Just no. Class is not a date.

Please tell me there's pushback in the comments. Please. 

There is. There are also people vigorously humping their legs though.

27 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Instead of saying 'by the order of Greyskull' he says 'by the order of Numbskull.'

Could you put Jeremy's head on the animated Disney Gaston's body? To be extra cheeky and mean, here's a pic you could use (NSFW). :brainbleach:

Hide contents

wgig8eidorh8qtvuemyh.jpg

Rufus bless!!! Laughing so hard I'm crying! Thanks, I needed it.

35 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

My own daughter and  lot of my extended family became family through adoption and on my husband's side he has "cousins" who aren't really cousins.  The have a connection through marriage in some convoluted fashion but they grew up together and have felt like cousins for decades.  I'm just saying this blood/not blood thing pisses me off and creeps me out.  Too much like royalty or a racist idea of purity.  Kinda of the the Mud Bloods in Harry Potter.

JK Rowling got a lot of ideas about mudbloods/pure bloods from the Nazis. Just saying...

34 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s one thing to bring your wife to class, but to take a selfie in the freakin classroom and then post it online? Dear GOD

I can’t tell if it’s a selfie or if they were obnoxious enough to ask someone sitting behind them to take the photo.

34 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I would be super annoyed if I were taking a class and someone brought their girlfriend or spouse. This isn't fun and games, people in law school want to be lawyers! That's kinda serious. 

An unregistered person tried to come into one of my classes once and the professor said "This isn't Costco, there are no free samples!"

I imagine a lot of people were pissed. Can you imagine if Derdick decided to go to medical school? He’d bring her to the anatomy lab so she could protect him from the defrauding naked cadavers. 

24 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Instead of saying 'by the order of Greyskull' he says 'by the order of Numbskull.'

Could you put Jeremy's head on the animated Disney Gaston's body? To be extra cheeky and mean, here's a pic you could use (NSFW). :brainbleach:

Hide contents

wgig8eidorh8qtvuemyh.jpg

OMG. I was sitting next to a friend at her aunt and uncle’s house when I saw this. I’m glad she didn’t look over at me and see this. No idea how I’d explain. But yeah I bet that’s a totally accurate picture of Gaston  

18 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I feel like Derick has had braces for eleventy million years. Super weird that he brought Jill to class with him, and how sad that that's their "date night." It's not like they can talk and visit. So she's just… sitting there? Enjoying his presence?

@VeryNikeSeamstress I recently re-found that Jezebel article and wondered if anyone here had seen it. Not gonna lie, Prince Eric is pretty hot. He was always my favorite.

Which article is this? I think I need a link 

This is the second time recently that I've noticed Derick's tweets/posts mentioning the 'no kids' bit. Sure the boys might not be there, but it hardly cunts as alone time or spending quality time together when sitting in silence in a crowded lecture theatre with a lecturer up front. Well, not my idea of date night anyway. 

I have been a visitor in an undergrad class, basic math, was visiting a friend for a long weekend. Just took checking with the professor beforehand. But law school or even a main class for an undergrad's major....you know something where you'd really want to be paying attention, that seems strange. To call it alone time with your spouse is so much worse. Did Jill pass him notes during the class?

50 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s one thing to bring your wife to class, but to take a selfie in the freakin classroom and then post it online? Dear GOD

Exactly!  I query if he reads here and is trolling, seeing as Jill in class was predicted when he announced his plans.

I wonder if it'll be a repeat thing, babysitters-willing?  Bit disrespectful if so. He ought to be taking his studies seriously - I hope it's noted!  My guess is he couldn't care less about Jill being there but is doing it for attention - in person and online.  

18 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

OMG. I was sitting next to a friend at her aunt and uncle’s house when I saw this. I’m glad she didn’t look over at me and see this. No idea how I’d explain. But yeah I bet that’s a totally accurate picture of Gaston  

There should be a split screen where one side is how He sees himself and how he really looks to the rest of us

It was show-and-tell day, yall.

He TOLD them he had a famous wife, nobody believed him, he brought Jill, they still don't believe him.

27 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Which article is this? I think I need a link 

Here ya go! Definitely NSFW.  https://jezebel.com/disney-dudes-dicks-what-your-favorite-princes-look-lik-1621694437

Also Jill and Derick are probably giving JillRod some ideas for when she visits Timothy at school. 

I kinda wish they would post a picture of Jill visiting in an undergraduate English comp 1 class than her husband's law school class because this just makes me sad that this is going to be Jill's only proper exposure to higher education at any level and it is because they are on a freaking "date". 

What has law school been in session for, a couple of weeks now? I am just  suprised Jill isn't sitting in his lap. I remember when he was  working at  Wal-mart and they were first married. Jill complained about how much she missed him when he was at work and how bored she was. It was not soon after that that he quit his job and then they did that missonary bit which was a together enterprise.  This isn't going to work out for either one of them. Jill isn't going to be able to stand Derrick getting an education in the secular world and Derrick, who doesn't seem that bright isn't going to be able to focus on law school with Jill tugging at his attention all the time. I also think Jill is threatened by Derrick being around other heathen women, ones without modest dress and demure ways. Women with -gasp, their own opinions that they brazenly express!  I expect to hear soon that Derrick has been called by God to go on another career path, one in which Jill can tag along to fufill her malignant dependency

I've been in multiple classes in multiple universities where the professors had no problem with unregistered people sitting in on classes. I did it myself several times. I never signed up to audit, just cleared it with the professor ahead of time.

So that part doesn't seem unusual to me. What I haven't seen is a student's SO going to class with them so they can have "alone time." That's pretty weird.

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Hide contents

wgig8eidorh8qtvuemyh.jpg

Poor Rufus in the background ?

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I went to a large state University. On several occasions, students were permitted to bring others to class. I have definitely seen babies and puppies in class.

I used to go to my mom's classes occasionally when she was in night school and couldn't get a babysitter. I was 8 or 9 and capable of sitting quietly when asked. 

Of course, "we COULD get a babysitter, that's why I brought another person!" is a different story.

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if Jill had the sense to keep her mouth shut in that class.

Survey says:  NO.

Oh, you mean, as in:  not saying anything. My bad. lol

17 minutes ago, cathyn60 said:

What has law school been in session for, a couple of weeks now? I am just  suprised Jill isn't sitting in his lap. I remember when he was  working at  Wal-mart and they were first married. Jill complained about how much she missed him when he was at work and how bored she was. It was not soon after that that he quit his job and then they did that missonary bit which was a together enterprise.  This isn't going to work out for either one of them. Jill isn't going to be able to stand Derrick getting an education in the secular world and Derrick, who doesn't seem that bright isn't going to be able to focus on law school with Jill tugging at his attention all the time. I also think Jill is threatened by Derrick being around other heathen women, ones without modest dress and demure ways. Women with -gasp, their own opinions that they brazenly express!  I expect to hear soon that Derrick has been called by God to go on another career path, one in which Jill can tag along to fufill her malignant dependency

Are there episodes of Counting On which show her stalking Dertwit at Walmart?

My law school had a Family Day where 1Ls could bring their parents, SO, and/or kids to class. I remember my torts professor saying a fussy baby was better behaved than some of his students, hah! But by the sound of it this was probably not Family Day at UArkansas Law...

I don't think there's anything automatically wrong with bringing someone to your class but in the context of Jill and Derick's relationship it just seems like one more clingy, codependent move by Jill.

I can kind of see having the occasional non-student family member sitting through someone else's under grad classes (with clearance from the instructor of course), but law school is more of a professional environment than undergrad - at least it was where/when I was attending - and there were different standards and a higher expectation around the conduct of students in that faculty - at least in classes and when using the library. If anyone went off side the expected behaviours, you'd best believe that a senior class person or prof would be having a quiet word with the offender. Transgressions or deviating from the accepted norms would also get people shut out (fast) from the social groups. I simply remember there being a family day for people who wanted their loved ones to get to experience a day-in-the-life of a law student, but this looks like entitlement and codependency more than a family day.

2 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

But by the sound of it this was probably not Family Day at UArkansas Law...

Turns out it U of Arkansas Family Weekend, law school probably has a slightly different schedule than the Thursday September 13th - Sunday the 16th schedule.

https://parents.uark.edu/family-events/family-weekend-schedule-landing.php

I mean, I went to law school and my husband set foot in the building *maybe* 4 times when picking me up, but never went to class because...why? And sometimes classmates would bring their kids if the schools were closed for the day or something, but nobody brought their spouse. The obsessive part of me thinks about how it's probably around the time when people start claiming their seats for the semester (if they didn't have to fill out a cold calling seating chart) and she probably messed up the whole seating scheme by taking someone's seat. But who knows, maybe that poor soul was happy to have an excuse not to sit next to Derick...

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

I have been a visitor in an undergrad class, basic math, was visiting a friend for a long weekend. Just took checking with the professor beforehand. But law school or even a main class for an undergrad's major....you know something where you'd really want to be paying attention, that seems strange. To call it alone time with your spouse is so much worse. Did Jill pass him notes during the class?

Can you imagine her tagging along to a study group or Rufus forbid a meeting with a client. Yea I can see Jill freaking out  at the thought of OfJill alone in an office with a female client 

Interesting find! My law school was on a very different schedule than the rest of campus (different start date, different final exam weeks, they got a Fall Break and we did not, which I was very bitter about...). I feel like if it were Family Day that would have been included in the photo's caption to make it less weird, but then again, it's the Dillards  and they give zero fucks about optics nor do they seem to understand them.

I'm reading some previous replies in this thread that seem shocked that this could even happen in a law school class/think Derick might have had to sneak Jill in. At my school there wasn't any kind of security checkpoint preventing you from entering the building or classrooms if you weren't a student. One girl dropped by the law library once with her two foster children, probably just to do something really quick and get out. I feel like at least a couple of my classmates at some point had a visiting sibling or long-distance SO go to a lecture with them or at very least hang at the library while they were in class so that they could conveniently go to dinner or whatever after. It wasn't weird, really. I think what makes this weird is:

1) Jill has already done clingy stuff like go to lunch with Derick at his Walmart job all the time and exhibited other similar behaviors

2) Jill isn't visiting from out of town trying to maximize her brief time with her SO

3) They called it a "date"

4) Jill will never enter a real classroom for her own betterment or education, only to shadow Derick, and that's sad

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived