IGNORED

Dillards 65: Standard Cringe, New Atrocious Signage

Georgiana

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why bring your partner to school with you? What kind of hack law school let’s spouses sit in on classes? 

And what the fuck is a ‘naturalized’ uncle? 

1 minute ago, Shiny said:

And what the fuck is a ‘naturalized’ uncle? 

I'm assuming he means he is now an uncle by blood and not just by marriage. No idea if he's actually using the term correctly but that's my guess.

Just wow. First, that's not at all appropriate for the class. And 2nd and that terrible that that's their alone time?

Do we know what the person who said they went to his school has to say about this

I can’t even imagine being one of derricks classmates and seeing this. Like...it’s class, not date night? And I especially wonder how the female classmates feel - I would feel immense pity towards Jill who only gets to tag along to classes for show and tell instead of pursuing her own interests. But I would also be uncomfortable that one of my classmates thinks that’s what a woman should be doing, bc it heavily implies he thinks women don’t belong in law school (as students), that he sees their proper place as ...accessories. 

"You've got to find alone time (no kids) where you can!) Is he fucking kidding? Maybe I'm feeling grouchy but I just want to smack the absolute hell out of both of them.

I am surprised that any legitimate school would permit unregistered persons to attend a class and receive free education. Even when you audit a class and are not seeking credit, you still have to sign up. This is ridiculous. I to wouldn't view this as time off, but to each her own. I would rather have a mani-pedi or something, or attend a seminar or class of my choosing. Pathetic to be this damn clingy and him enabling it.

Was this actually allowed? I feel like a law school wouldn't want people in their classes who didn't pay for them.  

I'd lean towards he snuck her in.  These two are entitled enough for that

Good God Jill really??? And Derick, grow a pair. You are the man in this relationship and according to your beliefs you have the say.... tell her no.

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I doubt UP could afford the Duggars.

What about the Dillard's? I don't think they could carry a show at all.

8 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

and "fake jews" 

(well to be fair that was Jeremy, but he said it like it's a thing)

I'm probably a fake Jew, or at least a very bad Jew.  I eat pork, and I completely forgot YK is next Wednesday 

What the f**k are they doing?! She should not be there. They are so self absorbed and entitled. This is right up their with the worst things these 2 nut jobs have ever done. I bet other people didn't bring their significant others. 

I went to a large state University. On several occasions, students were permitted to bring others to class. I have definitely seen babies and puppies in class.

52 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'm assuming he means he is now an uncle by blood and not just by marriage. No idea if he's actually using the term correctly but that's my guess.

My own daughter and  lot of my extended family became family through adoption and on my husband's side he has "cousins" who aren't really cousins.  The have a connection through marriage in some convoluted fashion but they grew up together and have felt like cousins for decades.  I'm just saying this blood/not blood thing pisses me off and creeps me out.  Too much like royalty or a racist idea of purity.  Kinda of the the Mud Bloods in Harry Potter.

ETA: My cousins and nieces are people of color, as is my brother in law, so that adds another layer to getting my hackles  up with people talk about 'natural' family.  There were people in my family, long since passes away, who made it clear who was worthy and who wasn't based on the color or their skin or religion. Yes, they were a 'product of their time', but it still made me ill.

I would be super annoyed if I were taking a class and someone brought their girlfriend or spouse. This isn't fun and games, people in law school want to be lawyers! That's kinda serious. 

An unregistered person tried to come into one of my classes once and the professor said "This isn't Costco, there are no free samples!"

OfJill probably enjoys showing wifey how smart he is because he is in law school. She can sit there and be in total fundie astonishment about the big words and complex terms that the professor is using and realize #myhubbieisthesmartestboyinclass

Geez, these two are just ridiculous. My eyes rolled so far back into my head I got eye strain. 

At the same time it makes me sad that this is the closest Jill will EVER come to experiencing real education. She does look excited to be in that classroom. I would love for her to be able to enroll somewhere, anywhere, part time community college, to feed her curiosity and expand her mind. I actually think she'd love it and be a good student.

5 hours ago, felicitysbow said:

Sorry - couldn't resist

dillard  skeletor.jpg

Instead of saying 'by the order of Greyskull' he says 'by the order of Numbskull.'

Could you put Jeremy's head on the animated Disney Gaston's body? To be extra cheeky and mean, here's a pic you could use (NSFW). :brainbleach:

Spoiler

wgig8eidorh8qtvuemyh.jpg

I feel like Derick has had braces for eleventy million years. Super weird that he brought Jill to class with him, and how sad that that's their "date night." It's not like they can talk and visit. So she's just… sitting there? Enjoying his presence?

@VeryNikeSeamstress I recently re-found that Jezebel article and wondered if anyone here had seen it. Not gonna lie, Prince Eric is pretty hot. He was always my favorite.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived