IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

So far, I believe we've seen evidence of the following Bateses at the two respective weddings:

Campbell and John's:

• Alyssa
  • Carlin

Abbie and John-David's:

• Michael
  • Erin
  • Lawson
  • Nathan
  • Warden
  • Isaiah

I don't think we can say with certainty where everyone else went just yet.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

So far, I believe we've seen evidence of the following Bateses at the two respective weddings:

Campbell and John's:

• Alyssa
  • Carlin

Abbie and John-David's:

• Michael
  • Erin
  • Lawson
  • Nathan
  • Warden
  • Isaiah

I don't think we can say with certainty where everyone else went just yet.

Whitney was also pictures with Erin at John David’s wedding

Spoiler

BD5B4EF3-3835-406C-9F49-99A720C1F0E5.thumb.jpeg.216bc83c2ea822dd7ee5fa2ac8c3d936.jpeg

1 minute ago, JMO said:

We haven't seen Josie or Trace in any pictures.  Do we know how the Bates girls met Campbell and Norma? 

Having taken off for her own wedding and honeymoon recently, Josie might be -gasp - at work.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

We haven't seen Josie or Trace in any pictures.  Do we know how the Bates girls met Campbell and Norma? 

The blog is gone so I cant double check but I want to say that the two families met through mutual friends at one point and then continued to interact sporadically for different periods of time. I know that the 6 older Roberts kids went to Big Sandy at least once and appeared to be guests of the Bates but that was after they had been all hanging around.  They as a group of six visited the Bates in Tennessee more than once and were at most of the weddings from '13-'16. It appears that the closer friendships have been between the middle Roberts girls and the middle Bates girls. 

The Roberts were originally VF but right around the time the kids all started hanging out started to attend ATI events. It appeared to me that they were shoving a bunch of marriage age kids together to see what happened - it was always the 6 oldest Roberts kids who were all courting age. The next one down, a brother, never went despite being only slightly younger than Campbell and close to traces age. 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, anaandrade said:

Carlin and Evan are engaged. Looks like another December wedding.

https://people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-carlin-bates-evan-stewart-engaged/

“I’m overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness that Evan put into this surprise destination engagement,” she says. I had to read the words "surprise destination engagement" a few times. I have certainly heard of destination weddings but destination engagements? Also how much surprise are we supposed to believe when she had her wedding ready manicure perfect to show off the ring and both were dressed up to visit a lighthouse? Nice pictures, but zero surprise about it. Come on, fundy couples are not allowed to even have a private moment together until after the wedding but a romantic weekend getaway was normal? 

Carlin is lovely, but the 1980's are calling and want their ruffles back. 

7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

“I’m overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness that Evan put into this surprise destination engagement,” she says. I had to read the words "surprise destination engagement" a few times. I have certainly heard of destination weddings but destination engagements? Also how much surprise are we supposed to believe when she had her wedding ready manicure perfect to show off the ring and both were dressed up to visit a lighthouse? Nice pictures, but zero surprise about it. Come on, fundy couples are not allowed to even have a private moment together until after the wedding but a romantic weekend getaway was normal? 

Strictly speaking, despite the initial statements that implied the lighthouse pictures were taken at the time of the proposal, from everything that's come out since it sounds like the engagement pictures were taken the day *after* Evan proposed. They were taken at dawn, which is where the gorgeous light comes from. So she knew what was happening when they went out to the lighthouse and was ready and dressed for that part of it.

That's not to say she wasn't actually expecting a proposal on the trip and may have had her nails done before the trip just in case. I'm more curious about her clothing choice since it's so well matched to the lighthouse and the sunrise colors.

18 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I would say her maxi dress is pretty on trend right now, and fits the "modern modest" aesthetic. Also, not to be a BEC but the engagement is kind of old news. Do we have any hint of a possible wedding date though?

It looks like Erin reunited with her babies per her instagram. I'm still confused by this whole dropping them off in Florida and then going to Oklahoma thing. And I guess Alyssa and Carlin drove up to the wedding in Georgia? How far would that be?

12 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I would say her maxi dress is pretty on trend right now, and fits the "modern modest" aesthetic. Also, not to be a BEC but the engagement is kind of old news. Do we have any hint of a possible wedding date though?

It looks like Erin reunited with her babies per her instagram. I'm still confused by this whole dropping them off in Florida and then going to Oklahoma thing. And I guess Alyssa and Carlin drove up to the wedding in Georgia? How far would that be?

I have been trying to figure it out too. Could Carlin taken them with her down to FL? I can’t imagine Carlin wanting to do that but I suppose it’s possible. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have been trying to figure it out too. Could Carlin taken them with her down to FL? I can’t imagine Carlin wanting to do that but I suppose it’s possible. 

Did we see Everly down in FL? It thought it was just Brooklyn. And we didn't see John at the wedding, did we? So maybe Carlin flew down to Florida with Brooklyn, and John took care of Allie, Lexi and Brooklyn while Alyssa and Carlin drove to the wedding in GA with Zoey (we did see a baby in the car with them). I still have no idea why they would do that, but that's how I imagine the logistics.

5 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Did we see Everly down in FL? It thought it was just Brooklyn. And we didn't see John at the wedding, did we? So maybe Carlin flew down to Florida with Brooklyn, and John took care of Allie, Lexi and Brooklyn while Alyssa and Carlin drove to the wedding in GA with Zoey (we did see a baby in the car with them). I still have no idea why they would do that, but that's how I imagine the logistics.

Maybe. I was thinking maybe Carlin took both Brooklyn and Carson but you are right. We only saw Brooklyn in FL. Brooklyn could still be considered a lap baby at 2. So no extra seat needed but that would still be annoying to share a seat with a two year old. Although the flight from TN to FL isn’t super long. So Carson could have stayed home with Chad, Alyssa took Zoey to OK and Erin took Evy. I guess that seems like the most logical situation. 

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe. I was thinking maybe Carlin took both Brooklyn and Carson but you are right. We only saw Brooklyn in FL. Brooklyn could still be considered a lap baby at 2. So no extra seat needed but that would still be annoying to share a seat with a two year old. Although the flight from TN to FL isn’t super long. So Carson could have stayed home with Chad, Alyssa took Zoey to OK and Erin took Evy. I guess that seems like the most logical situation. 

...but then why not just leave all 3 Paine kids with their dad? Or with any other family that stayed, because we still don't know that all of them went to both weddings?

If Carlin flew with one of the kids herself, wouldn't she need some kind of documentation since she's not a parent? Maybe Chad flew and just hung out with John and the kids? But then why not just fly to OK and watch the kids there if you're going to bother flying anywhere?

NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.

Also I'd be shocked about either John or Chad staying home with kids by themselves. They may be modern fundies but still, the idea of dads taking care of the kids alone is kind of crazy in their world.

I agree ali these situation with the kids is really weird. ? 

How and why Brooklyn was in Florida (and maybe Carson-but no evidence Carson was there) is totally weird. It seems like Carlin took Brookie with her to Florida and then left with Alyssa and John to the wedding. John defenetly was at the wedding (there was a pitcure od him with Alyssa and the bride). So its very questionable with whom they left the girls (Zoey probably went with them). ?? After they got back to Florida there were pitcure with Carlin, Alyssa, John and Brokie.

Meanwhile Erin was in Oklahoma and Everly was with her. 

IMG_20181105_172402_018.jpg

IMG_20181105_172414_261.jpg

IMG_20181105_172431_485.jpg

Carlin just posted pics with Brooklyn on a plane, so I guess that answers our questions. but I wonder why Erin didn’t just take her to John and Abbie’s wedding...she had plenty of built in baby sitters there too

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Carlin just posted pics with Brooklyn on a plane, so I guess that answers our questions. but I wonder why Erin didn’t just take her to John and Abbie’s wedding...she had plenty of built in baby sitters there too

My guess? They decided it would be a fun opportunity for Brooklyn to play with her three girl cousins she doesn’t see very often. So she went with Carlin down to FL. I wouldn’t do it myself but I guess if Brooklyn had fun then that’s what matters.

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Carlin needed a chaperone.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess? They decided it would be a fun opportunity for Brooklyn to play with her three girl cousins she doesn’t see very often. So she went with Carlin down to FL. I wouldn’t do it myself but I guess if Brooklyn had fun then that’s what matters.

Maybe. But wouldn’t it be the same for Carson? They are his cousins too. And there were probably enough children at the wedding for them to play with. Even girls if one wants to believe that children have more fun playing with the same sex. Sadly I can see this being the reason why only Brooklyn got shipped off. I also have the feeling she is a rather strong willed child/doesn’t fit her mother‘s (and the cults) ideal in behaviour. Which can get worse in big crowds with too much sugar and excitement. Erin and Chad might have decided they didn’t want to deal with it or didn’t want others to observe it. Was Carson at the wedding? I get leaving a child out of it because you know it might throw down but it really feels like Carson is favoured a lot.

I hope she had fun though. But it leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Aargh, I was catching up with BUB (I never saw it since I cannot get UP here) and I was on season 4 (thanks to a tip from @Thorns) and now the video's are taken down by youtube.

So if anyone else has an idea on how to watch it here, let me know.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Erin kind of seems like she treats Brooklyn like the bastard child. 

I’ve been saying this from day one!

On 11/5/2018 at 9:39 AM, freethemall said:

Do we have any hint of a possible wedding date though?

It’s being discussed in the Carlin thread. She has a new social media account name that includes 525. Apparently Alyssa had an account that included her wedding date (524), so we’re thinking it’s May 25th. That’s a really long engagement for the Bates. They might be waiting to finish school. Maybe Carlin learned from Tori having morning sickness during her last semester.

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I’ve been saying this from day one!

Really? I have never seen this. What have I missed?

I would have to scroll back to old posts. I noticed it pretty early on Instagram and the show. I think more people caught on when Erin started taking her “best friend” Carson with her on trips. 

It has just gotten more obvious as time passed.

found it! 

Whenever I see Erin with her kids (on TV or in her posts) I get the impression that Carson is her favorite child, she seems to fawn over him. I don’t see Brooklyn getting that kind of attention. I’m not stating this as a fact, I do not know them, it is just a... 

February 28

571 replies

erin bates paine

chad paine

So I did tarot card readings over in the Duggar forum for all the Duggars, and someone asked me to do the same for the Bateses. Here's the first batch! I'm going to copy and paste the same disclaimer I used over there:

Disclaimer: this is for entertainment purposes only. Whether you believe in psychic powers, tarot, messages from the universe, or anything remotely metaphysical, take it all with a gigantic grain of salt (and obviously if you don't remotely believe in any of it you know it's all just for fun). If you are spooked or made uncomfortable or are simply annoyed by such things, I will not take offence to you skipping this post, and have put all the readings behind spoilers.

I did each couple or individual separately. For each one, I shuffled the deck, asked, "What does the future have in store for ___________ ?" and did a simple celtic cross spread. These were the readings:

Gil and Kelly:

Spoiler

Kelly's role as a maternal, nurturing, loyal, but submissive wife and mother is at the centre of their relationship. Gil and Kelly are dealing with some unfounded accusations and/or rebellion. They are stuck dwelling on the past and ruminating over things, not wanting to let go. They've had a lot to worry about, but there's hope on the horizon. A stubbornness, difficulty communicating, or perhaps unwilling isolation of some sort is being put behind them now.

They have selfishness and financial greed in the future, possibly driven by Kelly, or inflicted on them by another woman (and this may be Whitney - see the next reading for details on that). Gil and Kelly may not be very honest. They fear change and aren't great at dealing with stuff emotionally. There's a possible abuse of power happening here. 

Paradoxically, their household is defined by reliability, pragmatism, work ethic and honour, a willingness and desire to help others and probably travel, and this may represent one specific person. This would be a youngish man with a good head for or interest in business, with the qualities described above. (I admit my mind went straight to Lawson.)

Gil and Kelly are fearful of opposition coming at them from all sides and of having to compromise to keep everyone happy. They are probably trying to figure out how to keep the peace without sacrificing anything themselves, but this will not be possible and will only lead to greater damage. 

Their future is positive. They will be strong enough to get through the hard times and their relationship will stand firm. They will probably be a rock for their family as the future unfolds. This could also indicate that they will stand firm in their convictions.

Zach and Whitney:

Spoiler

The 'unfair accusations and/or rebellion' that Gil and Kelly are dealing with may be coming from Zach and Whit, or else they may be experiencing it or caught up in it as well. They're having to wait, be patient, to trust that things will turn out right and that they/others will get what they deserve in due course. There is something secret or hidden here that they do not want revealed.

This greedy/money-loving woman is at the root of their relationship and possibly represents Whitney herself, or maybe even Kelly's opinion of her. Zach and Whitney are coming to the close of a time full of new beginnings, personal growth, exciting creation, very probably including a pregnancy, but they may have overdone it in some way or been too optimistic. They're about to be struck by indecision, and if they stay frozen, unable to make a choice and move forward, they will have to deal with a big setback. They are trying to make things happen, empower themselves and start something significant.

Zach is probably the leader in their relationship, the head of the household. He's strong, energetic, and also witty and charming, but maybe a bit impatient or with a mild temper. 

Their hopes are all wrapped up in the beginning of something - either they're waiting for news or the green light to begin a project. This may relate somehow to one of Zach's younger brothers or his son. (IF there's a pregnancy on their horizon this may indicate they're having a boy.) They will get their good news. Their labours will be rewarded and they will enjoy material success and comfort.

Michael and Brandon:

Spoiler

Michael and Brandon are leaving something behind, perhaps literally. They will almost certainly be moving soon, maybe crossing a body of water. They'll be leaving to escape from something, or they're being pushed out. There is definitely a move in their future but there is negativity surrounding it. There's been a miscommunication, or someone has said something wrong, and there are bad feelings due to this. One of Michael's brothers may be involved in the move. Despite the negativity this is actually going to turn out to be a positive move for them.

These two have a tendency to sentimentalize the past and be overly nostalgic, perhaps unwilling to leave their younger/better days behind and embrace the future. They may have received some good news in the not too distant past, or completed some sort of education or training. They're going to handle what life throws at them with tact and grace. They have good self-control. Their relationship will probably be a source of harmony for them. 

They're carrying a heavy load and have a tendency to take on more than they can handle and get weighed down. There is a lot of negativity among those close to them - pessimism, dwelling on regret, anger. There has possibly been the breakdown of a relationship in their close circle.

Their biggest fear is financial insecurity and debt. But their marriage will be successful, stable, and prosperous. They will be happy together, financially stable, and basically all signs point to domestic bliss!

Erin and Chad:

Spoiler

I'm going to tell you right now, this is one of the strangest readings I've done. I feel like there's a lot going on beneath the surface that I can't quite get at.

Erin is at the centre of their relationship. She is strong, independent and willing to go after what she wants. Intelligent, clever and goal-oriented. But she may also be harbouring some private sorrow and she has experienced losses. 

Erin and Chad have been dealing with some stuff that they would probably interpret as 'evil forces'. This could be seen in a couple of different ways. It may be that they have dealt with an issue related somehow to addiction or vice that is being overcome or has been overcome. But it may also be, especially considering their fundamentalist religious views, that they quite literally feel they have come under spiritual attack - that Satan has tried to bring them down, but they have prevailed, he has been overcome or defeated.

They may feel somewhat overwhelmed by the world or as though they've been too open or too social, and are now seeking to withdraw and focus on themselves. They have made some mistakes or poor decisions and experienced misfortune, but they are getting help and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There's been grief and sadness due to the end of a relationship (perhaps a friendship) but it will pass. Unfortunately they're going to be dealing with an amoral, dishonest woman in the future - or this could be interpreted as them coming into conflict with Erin's mother, Kelly. It could also mean there's going to be some subversion of the ideal fundie woman's role.

There are very negative forces at work here and Erin and Chad will have to guard against hatred and abuse of power. There is definitely conflict and maybe a power struggle among those closest to them. They will have to wait it out, bite their tongues, and trust that it will come out right in the end. 

They are probably hoping to have more babies but may also be a bit worried about having too many or taking too many risks. 

What surprised me is that the Paines' future is defined by a woman who does not seem to be Erin herself. This is a strong (maybe headstrong) woman who goes for what she wants but is respectful and generous, creative. If you read what I had for the Duggars, her personality would be similar to Josiah's wife Lauren (though very doubtful that this is Lauren herself). This is a woman dedicated to getting what she wants, but not really in a bad way. She's not a bad person and there's no indication here of dishonesty or manipulation on her part.

There is a lot of indication of a great deal of competing female energy here, or conflict between different women. I would almost be tempted to say, looking at all the cards together, that Chad has some issues with infidelity. But this is a very ambiguous spread and it can be interpreted in different ways. It could be that it's looking far into the hazy future, and this woman may even represent one of Erin and Chad's daughters.

Lawson:

Spoiler

Lawson is dealing with some bad press. There's been a humiliation, or perhaps someone who doesn't have much good to say about him bringing him down. It looks like Lawson may also have been the victim of a failed courtship or relationship and it's either happening right now or else it's still affecting him. It may be that a goal he had has failed, or he's missed out on an opportunity due to a pessimistic attitude.

Lawson is basically a good guy. He has been generous and trustworthy, and this has been or will be rewarded. Debts have been repaid and he has come into money. He's definitely received some kind of reward or recognition. He may have bought property or otherwise established something new. On the flip side, he may now be entering a period of shallowness and recklessness where he will shirk responsibilities and focus on what he wants to the detriment of others. He's dealing with regret, cynicism, and disillusionment, most likely related to this broken relationship, but he will get over it.

Those close to him have experienced financial misfortune, or this is the context in which he relates to them. He fears change, but resisting it will be absolutely pointless, because major changes are inevitably coming for him. He's going to have to be careful that he doesn't misplace his trust in people who may be working against him in the future.

Nathan:

Spoiler

Religious concerns are affecting Nathan deeply. He takes his religion seriously and appreciates order and structure. He may be changing his goals to more spiritual pursuits, and may want to go into ministry in a leadership position. He will have to go on a journey, maybe overseas. The changes he's making and/or the journey he's taking may involve him choosing to end a romantic relationship. 

Nathan has been dogged by indecision, resistance to change and a misguided attempt to fight the inevitable. There has been resolved or unfulfilled passion in his past which has led to frustration and jealousy, quite possibly stemming from a negative relationship with a woman. He's putting that behind him now. But unfortunately this experience has made him cynical and jaded, and he will be bitter about it going forward.

He may have some problems with his temper or picking fights and this tends to bring out the worst in him and others. There has been spiritual attack, temptation, vice, or bad habits overcome by one or more people close to him (again, this does not represent Nathan himself, but close family members or friends).

He fears being trapped in a state of depression and regret. Nathan is apparently destined to achieve little in life. He doesn't have Lawson's wit or work ethic, and his pettiness will injure his prospects as well.

Alyssa and John:

Spoiler

Alyssa and John have a very strong and happy marriage. Their domestic sphere and family life is their world and they find great joy and contentment in their marriage and children. They have religious obstacles to face. They may be breaking with some traditions or subverting norms, or it may be that a weak religious understanding paired with intolerance is causing problems for them. It's possible that they are planning on sharing some bad news with someone and this is weighing on them.

The foundation of the issues they're having is the need to let go of the past and look ahead to the future with hope. Again, feelings of sadness, regret or bitterness are being put behind them and they are looking with hope to the future. The problem is that they may be chasing a pipe dream, pursuing something better at the expense of what is already good. There may be an ill-advised move or trip in their future. There are very strong indications that they're starting to pursue dreams that may not be realistic, and if so they will end up dissatisfied. There are just too many possibilities. 

They probably feel judged by those closest to them. There is a fear of a coming crisis, maybe brought on by a domineering, merciless male figure who will try to control them. They are definitely heading for opposition and conflict, and will have to choose their battles. They won't be able to please everyone and may have to make sacrifices to keep the peace.

Tori and Bobby:

Spoiler

Tori is probably the brains of this operation. She has good intuition and instincts and is also pretty dedicated to her religion. Tori and Bobby's biggest obstacle right now is their pregnancy and upcoming birth of their first child. This doesn't mean that there is anything wrong, just that this is their main challenge, which seems natural.

There's a concern for justice here, wanting to do what's right and for everyone to get what they deserve. But there is an issue at the heart of their lives stemming from the tyranny of an oppressive man in authority (are you seeing a pattern here?). Tori has probably been greatly influenced by her mother and had a close relationship with her in the past and this may be lessening now.

There is a risk for Tori and Bobby in the future of apathy and carelessness. They may be unwise when it comes to money. A lot of the people close to them act like martyrs. Tori and Bobby hope that fate (God?) will bless them and treat them well. They are basically hoping for good luck. They are going to have to really watch themselves, as there is a lot of potential here for stupid/ignorant choices leading to a great deal of misery. They need to appreciate what they have and not risk it.

Trace:

Spoiler

Trace is either courting someone now or will be very soon. But there may be some unfaithfulness or negative passions involved that will present an obstacle to the relationship (there's also a slight possibility here that Tori for some reason disapproves and is interfering). It looks like this relationship is going to be successful, but there may be a little disillusionment, or it's slightly tainted in some way. It's possible that there is a lack of temperance - perhaps some less than chaste behaviour, or conflict and rivalry at work here, but nothing too terribly serious.

Trace has definitely been focused on wanting to get married and have a family, but he's been too optimistic and overly enthusiastic. He's in for some relationship drama, for sure, and it will be an emotionally trying experience. He's suspicious and distrustful now and this may be for good reason. The people close to him have also been blindly optimistic to the point of foolishness.

Trace wants to move on from his old ways and seek deeper spiritual fulfillment, prioritizing that over material or worldly things. There may be travel in his future, or this could simply indicate him wanting to move on.

He's going to end up married to a woman who is practical, sensible, financially responsible, mature, funny, and warm. It's possible she'll be older than him or that they may both be older when they marry, or this could just indicate that she's very mature for her age.

Carlin and Evan:

Spoiler

lol. You guys are going to love this one...

There has been injustice or prejudice at work here. A lack of action and perhaps an unconcern for potential risks or downfalls, or a withdrawal from society, is getting in their way. Their goal is VERY clearly and obviously: MARRIAGE. So basically, to put it delicately, these two are super hot for each other. They can't wait to get married and have tons of sweet, sweet fellowship. And they will probably have lots of babies. Marriage and probably a pregnancy are coming soon.

Carlin and Evan have put a loss or defeat behind them. But they do have adversity ahead and will have to be strong to face it head on. Evan might be a bit unreliable, loving money/prosperity but unwilling to work for it. There may be a broken relationship among their family or close friends, or it may be that their loved ones are worried that their relationship will fail.

There is a fear of excess, perhaps worry about fame going to their heads, overindulgence with destructive consequences (to be clear, this is indicating that Carlin and Evan may be self-aware enough to have some concern about this for themselves). They will have relationship problems. There will be infidelity, or yearning for more/wandering eyes, and feelings of being taken for granted.

Josie and Kelton:

Spoiler

At the heart of Josie and Kelton's relationship is moderation and temperance. But they seem to be coming up against some conflict. They're currently not fully satisfied and are looking to get what they believe they deserve. Kelton has a lot of energy and the ability to inspire others, and will probably be taking on a new project or getting some good news soon.

There was a willingness to stick with something and slowly and surely work toward a goal, no matter how long it took or what the cost, and to do so honourably. This probably involved travel. It seems this has now been achieved.

It looks like Josie and Kelton are going to get whatever it is they think they deserve. But they may have a bad attitude - they may be dealing with deception, a willingness to abuse power to get what they want. Things are very bleak in their close circle. Someone may be dealing with depression, illness or injury and they can't really do much to help.

They're hoping for a child (or children) but worried about being overly optimistic. They may have to deal with the influence of an unscrupulous, immoral woman in their future, but alternately this could indicate conflict with the norms expected of a fundie wife and mother, and/or conflict directly with Kelly (and given the context in a few of the other readings, I'd say this is the more likely interpretation. Kelly will having to watch her relationship with some of her daughters, because it seems like it may be on thin ice).

Next post will be Katie through Jeb!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived