IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

Like @llucie I'm also confused and amid all the Confederate decor discussions am wondering about this comment that got lost in this thread. Is it just because Katie had an IG post about her 18th birthday?

There have been several pictures posted of Katie and a guy. He commented on one of them. She's always seen with her phone now and she's that age. Plus, nobody is courting now (that we know of).

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 6:44 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’ve been trying to find photo evidence of the patriot room and still haven’t figured out where it was. I can only tell you that it has an ironic “God Bless America” hanging under the generals and some ugly fake yellow flowers nearby. I suppose that’s bitch eating treasonous crackers.

Isnt it the guest room located on the main floor off the living room.  They call it their guest suite.

9 hours ago, Nodaknorskie said:

They call it their guest suite.

I'm can't remember. I just know initially she labeled it the patriot room but then changed it and then took down the pictures and tried to pretend it never happened. Kelly is good at attempting to rewrite history. That is how Gothard's birthday cake got turned into a groom's cake. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That is how Gothard's birthday cake got turned into a groom's cake. 

I think it was always both, but I believe you that she downplayed it later. There’s still a photo of it on the live blog.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm can't remember. I just know initially she labeled it the patriot room but then changed it and then took down the pictures and tried to pretend it never happened. Kelly is good at attempting to rewrite history. That is how Gothard's birthday cake got turned into a groom's cake. 

Yes, the grooms cake that had a Happy Birthday Gothard on it. What groom doesn't love a cake with someone else's name on it? 

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think it was always both, but I believe you that she downplayed it later. There’s still a photo of it on the live blog.

EDITED: I looked back after writing my initial comment and saw I was incorrect. Here’s the photo for anyone interested.

F533C5AD-66F2-4A52-A691-6388719A8BD9.jpeg.03b0a712b92a493af1ade71b83fe9463.jpeg

I looked on the Wayback Machine. This was the comment Kelly left on the matter at the time:

Spoiler

67038A82-BD3B-45AF-89CE-E26DA11F1FBE.thumb.png.72d06a2c79ecf89afe6a96f5f6c2589c.png

I know Kelly thought it was”sweet”, but I find that really creepy to be honest. A Groom’s cake is supposed to be for the Groom. Combining it with the birthday of a man they suspected/knew was a sexual predator is just so creepy and gross. 

I'm not sure that is really saying that was a groom's cake. People asked if they used the groom's cake to wish him a happy birthday and she just replied they got a cake for him because it was his birthday. It reads more to me like people just assumed it was a groom's cake but in reality they had planned it as a birthday cake for him since he was such an active part of their life and wedding. 

Now she call's it a groom's cake but I can't remember if it was initially labeled a groom's cake or that came from people seeing two cakes and just assuming one is a groom's cake since most people don't have birthday cakes at their wedding. 

Alyssa married on Mama Jane and Papa Bill’s 50th wedding anniversary, and she had a cake for them. It was nicer than the very simple wedding cake, at least in photos.

20140524-Photographybybritton-037.jpg

Did they call the grandparent's cake a groom's cake? 

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Kelly initially labeling Gothard's cake as a groom's cake, just that people in the comments asked why the groom's cake had happy birthday on it. 

A cake for the grandparents? sweet, lovely, classy, perfect idea.

A cake for Gothard? creepy, distasteful, tacky, nauseating idea.

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

A cake for Gothard? creepy, distasteful, tacky, nauseating idea.

I'm sure they have edited out how involved in the wedding he was. He was on the stage and gave a prayer and little sermon. 

So there's 2 big fundie weddings this weekend:

John Duggar and Abbie Burnett

Campbell Roberts and John Morton

Wonder which Bates will go to which wedding? I imagine Zach might be a groomsman in JD's, Trace and some of the girls will likely go to Campbell's. Maybe half and half Bates representation at each one?

21 minutes ago, freethemall said:

So there's 2 big fundie weddings this weekend:

John Duggar and Abbie Burnett

Campbell Roberts and John Morton

Wonder which Bates will go to which wedding? I imagine Zach might be a groomsman in JD's, Trace and some of the girls will likely go to Campbell's. Maybe half and half Bates representation at each one?

My guess:

All will go to the Duggar wedding except Josie and Kelton. They will go to Campbell’s wedding.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess:

All will go to the Duggar wedding except Josie and Kelton. They will go to Campbell’s wedding.

for those of us (namely me) that don't know about the mortons and the roberts are they ilpb, how high up on the fundie food chain are they and why would josie and trace pick them over the duggars?

19 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

for those of us (namely me) that don't know about the mortons and the roberts are they ilpb, how high up on the fundie food chain are they and why would josie and trace pick them over the duggars?

No, the Morton’s were Vision Forum before it imploded a few years ago. I’m unsure about the Roberts’. But there are plenty of fundies that overlap. They don’t always just stick to their preferred fundie group. 

But to answer your question, Josie seems to be friends with Campbell Roberts. While I’ve never gotten the impression she was close with JD Duggar or the Burnett’s. Although I’m sure she knows them.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, the Morton’s were Vision Forum before it imploded a few years ago. I’m unsure about the Roberts’. But there are plenty of fundies that overlap. They don’t always just stick to their preferred fundie group. 

ah yes i have heard about vf 

are they that journey to the heart crap or is that vf

The Pearls they were vf involved?

All so fuzzy on my knowledge. Maybe purposely. I do not need anymore rabbit holes to fall down...

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

All so fuzzy on my knowledge. Maybe purposely. I do not need anymore rabbit holes to fall down...

Journey to the heart is definitely IBLP. VF imploded when Doug Phillips was found to be sexually harassing his children’s young nanny. The Pearls have their own ministry called No Greater Joy. They definitely overlap with VF and IBLP folks. 

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well, if you do fall remember we have specialized personnel trained to impersonate certain people to blend into their reinactments...so we can put agents on the inside to gather intel if you need us.

Spoiler

il_340x270.1616230789_2y2u.jpg

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Pearls have their own ministry called No Greater Joy. They definitely overlap with VF and IBLP folks.

That's because they keep chewing their way through their electrified cages.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Journey to the heart is definitely IBLP. VF imploded when Doug Phillips was found to be sexually harassing his children’s young nanny. The Pearls have their own ministry called No Greater Joy. They definitely overlap with VF and IBLP folks. 

Didn't know the nanny thing...

These people make me sick.

And they are revered? piss me off. 

I bet that Doug got away with it all....

Again with the sick and piss me off....

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Well, if you do fall remember we have specialized personnel trained to impersonate certain people to blend into their reinactments...so we can put agents on the inside to gather intel if you need us.

Hide contents

il_340x270.1616230789_2y2u.jpg

He’s quite the dapper fellow. He’s a bit too fancy for some rabbit holes.

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Didn't know the nanny thing...

These people make me sick.

And they are revered? piss me off. 

I bet that Doug got away with it all....

Again with the sick and piss me off....

Don’t go into the Doug Phillips rabbit hole! He’s still married yet he likes to run around Europe with half naked women. 

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s quite the dapper fellow. He’s a bit too fancy for some rabbit holes.

Don’t go into the Doug Phillips rabbit hole! He’s still married yet he likes to run around Europe with half naked women. 

wtf?

fuck these hypocrites 

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Since Campbell was at Josie's wedding, I feel like she might reciprocate, with maybe 1-2 more Bates tagging along.

The Roberts are kind of wannabes, Morton's I don't even know where to start. They have a decent social media following, you should check out their blog if you're bored and need a new rabbit hole.

I feel like the middle Bates kids (Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie) may all opt to go to Campbell and John's wedding. They seem to be pretty close, and are certainly much closer in age. Not sure they would have any personal relationship with JD, and I'm not sure they know the Burnetts at all (apart from seeing each other at Big Sandy).

Anyone from Tori on up, I imagine they'll go to JD and Abby's wedding. Same with Gil and Kelly, and probably the younger kids (Jackson on down).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived