IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2018 at 5:21 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

But what motivation does he have to launch and adult when his parents are seemingly cool with him living at home and having no job other than half-assing a music "career"?

Aren't the kidults drawing a salary from UP?  I have no idea what the family is pulling, much less the individual kids, but is it as much as they'd be making at entry level jobs?  If so they likely consider that their job.

Also...not every company would want to be featured on that show, I'd imagine, and if it's either work and be marginalized on the show or not work and get featured...Idk.  SInce the Real World launched kids have been trying to get on reality tv - they had it handed to them due to their parent's fertility worship.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

he was not aware that the man in the portrait, Nathan Bedford Forrest, was the white supremacist organization's first figurehead.

No one stumbles upon a picture of NBF and displays it on accident! You have to go out of your way to find those pictures even when looking at Civil War memorabilia. 

Trump has caused a lot of racists to think they don't need to hide it anymore. Even if UP had advised that the Bates avoid political stuff they might have thought that it wouldn't create many waves and that they should be proud of their Trump support. 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

No one stumbles upon a picture of NBF and displays it on accident! You have to go out of your way to find those pictures even when looking at Civil War memorabilia

Future interview: "I'm sorry, I had no idea that the man in the portrait was that Goebbels"

Did the Bates ever try to give an excuse for their portrait of NBF or do they just pretend it never happened?

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

David J. Thomas Sr. told the Post that he was not aware that the man in the portrait, Nathan Bedford Forrest, was the white supremacist organization's first figurehead.

So who the heck did he think he was?  It's not like anyone would post that pic subject unknown because he was hot...so why hang it at all if you didn't know who he was?

FFS the internet took away any excuse for some kinds of ignorance.

32 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Did the Bates ever try to give an excuse for their portrait of NBF or do they just pretend it never happened?

They tried pretending it never happened and when that didn't work they claimed they did it on accident because they didn't know who he was. They created a patriot room with only two pictures, both who are Confederates and we are supposed to believe they didn't know who the people were? 

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So who the heck did he think he was?  It's not like anyone would post that pic subject unknown because he was hot...so why hang it at all if you didn't know who he was?

FFS the internet took away any excuse for some kinds of ignorance.

Oh, the VA official said "he knew Forrest only as "a southern general in the Civil War."

As if  a portrait of a CONFEDERATE GENERAL was an appropriate thing to hang in the office of an official of a US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT agency tasked with serving those who served in the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

FFS.  I just can't with these treasonous crackers today.

[and yes, some of my own white ancestors were treasonous crackers, so I know of whom I speak]

PS In all seriousness, I don't like judging people by their looks, but that "proud boy" haircut on Katie's special friend really does give off white supremacy vibes for me.

31 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They created a patriot room with only two pictures, both who are Confederates and we are supposed to believe they didn't know who the people were? 

Was this a bedroom?  Because with a hundred kids I cannot imagine having the extra room to spare for ...patriotism?

At least Candy Spellings gift-wrapping room had a purpose and Tori wasn't sharing a room with 10 sisters.

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

[and yes, some of my own white ancestors were treasonous crackers, so I know of whom I speak]

Me too, which is why I'm totally stealing treasonous crackers!

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Was this a bedroom?  Because with a hundred kids I cannot imagine having the extra room to spare for ...patriotism?

At least Candy Spellings gift-wrapping room had a purpose and Tori wasn't sharing a room with 10 sisters.

Me too, which is why I'm totally stealing treasonous crackers!

Oh man Candy Spelling’s House! She had so many dolls! I watched a special when she was selling the house. The amount of stuff she owned was mind boggling! It stressed me out just watching it! 

I’ve been trying to find photo evidence of the patriot room and still haven’t figured out where it was. I can only tell you that it has an ironic “God Bless America” hanging under the generals and some ugly fake yellow flowers nearby. I suppose that’s bitch eating treasonous crackers.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’ve been trying to find photo evidence of the patriot room and still haven’t figured out where it was. I can only tell you that it has an ironic “God Bless America” hanging under the generals and some ugly fake yellow flowers nearby. I suppose that’s bitch eating treasonous crackers.

Here’s a photo:

A26EF636-ABCC-46BE-9961-B542F5A456D9.thumb.jpeg.af0284262bab8d5cf52fc8bf5278920b.jpeg

I don’t remember where the room was located in the house. I want to say it was on the lower level. 

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They tried pretending it never happened and when that didn't work they claimed they did it on accident because they didn't know who he was. They created a patriot room with only two pictures, both who are Confederates and we are supposed to believe they didn't know who the people were? 

Yes, exactly. the "Patriot" room that oddly enough only had Confederates? Why no one else Bates? We know why. And one of them being the grand wizard of the KKK You do not accidentally find a picture of that man and hang it up and not know who he is. Especially when you have two sisters who are African-American. They knew, they proudly displayed the pictures and didn't expect anyone to question them about or have a problem. 

21 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Seriously, NO ONE liked “bitch eating treasonous crackers”?!

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Seriously, NO ONE liked “bitch eating treasonous crackers”?!

I loved it, but forgot because I got distracted looking for photo evidence! 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:24 AM, CarrotCake said:

Totally random question: I never watched an episode of the Bates' show and I want to learn more about the family.

I am in Europe and cannot watch anything on the UP! website. The Duggars can be found everywhere on streaming websites but I cannot find the Bates anywhere.

Someone has a tip?

I do not know how to get rid of this old quote!

9 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I do not know how to get rid of this old quote!

When you open a new text box if stuff is there from before click the link that says to clear editor.  

Ok, I’m in route to Gatlinburg, spending the night in Kentucky. I promise to keep you posted if I have a Bates sighting. My husband has no idea who or what they are so he won’t be of any help! 

Please make it stop raining.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, TeaELSee said:

Ok, I’m in route to Gatlinburg, spending the night in Kentucky. I promise to keep you posted if I have a Bates sighting. My husband has no idea who or what they are so he won’t be of any help! 

Speaking as a Smoky Mountains native: just embrace the rain.

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Speaking as a Smoky Mountains native: just embrace the rain.

Thank you for the earworm that will haunt me for the foreseeable future.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:43 AM, TeaELSee said:

(snip)

Speaking as someone who lives in Scotland: Just bear it with dignity. 

Trust me, it only takes about 2-4 years until you come to the peaceful realisation that this rain will be an integral part of your whisky one day. :D

It did stop raining, however when it was you could really see the smoky part of the mountains.  This place is the most congested place I have ever been, I swear it is worse than Manhattan! It is gorgeous though.

No Bates sightings, we did stop for lunch in Rocky Top in route and so far the best I can report is I drove past the Sonic where Whitney worked. ? One more day!

I looked at Kelly’s blog while hunting for the patriot room photo. I’ve heard that her “old blog” is available on archive.org. The live blog (thebatesfamily.com) and its archive.org version both go back to a 2011 redesign. The archived version does have some posts Kelly took down, including political stuff from the 2012 election. Someone else owns Batesfamily.com. Does anyone know the URL of the original blog? Thanks!

On 10/24/2018 at 12:15 PM, Kelsey said:

Looks like they are about to go public with Katie's (alleged) special friend. 

Like @llucie I'm also confused and amid all the Confederate decor discussions am wondering about this comment that got lost in this thread. Is it just because Katie had an IG post about her 18th birthday?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived