IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

Spoiler

Ever since I was a young girl, all I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. Having a career held no appeal to me. I wanted to find a husband so I worked towards finding one! I even pursued guys I found attractive during high school and college. No, I didn’t call them or ask them out on dates. I let them know I was interested by going out of my way to be kind to them and hoped they noticed me. Some did and some didn’t, but I knew I was going to do everything in my power to attract a husband since this was my greatest desire in life and pray a lot in the meantime

.So really any man would have done it for Lori, had they only been attracted to her... I think Ken scraped the very bottom of the barrel for this one :shakehead: 

If you have to go out of your way to be kind to people in everyday life that is a problem.. 

No Lori, what is tragic is you and your ilk trying to shame this mother and child on the internet because they don't fit in your narrow shitty box.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180913-153931.png

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t Ken go to Aruba or somewhere like that not too long ago? I think he took one of their daughters and her husband and some inlaws.

*sighs* Lori this is what happens when you isolate/alienate yourself from other believers, you have no idea what the attitude is like towards marriage in a large portion of churches. Marriage and children is still highly emphasized, especially at Christian colleges where young adults are trying to become pastors (I've heard some churches won't hire unmarried men) and or missionaries. Young women were encouraged to marry and have children. 

But many churches don't tell women not to get an education because they don't follow your heretical teachings. Sooo there's that. 

Maybe it's because I'm in the Midwest where most women marry and have children but what's with this persecution complex for SAHMs? I don't think I've heard anyone look down at stay at home mom's recently. Even feminists I know could care less provided it's by choice. 

PS Ken please stop trying to use Millennials to prove a point. Many are leaving the church because of judgemental assholes like y'all and because they've either experienced abuse from the church or they've seen it. You know like the kind your wife is silent on while nitpicking what women are wearing. 

Ken's pet names for Lori (a la Basil Fawlty played by John Cleese).  “Ah, my little piranha fish… my little nest of vipers… the toxic midget… the sabre-toothed tart… rancorous, coiffured old sow.”  

And his mental response to her when she threatens him because there is no way they don't fight regularly  "You'd have to sew them back on first."

2 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Ever since I was a young girl, all I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. Having a career held no appeal to me. I wanted to find a husband so I worked towards finding one! I even pursued guys I found attractive during high school and college. No, I didn’t call them or ask them out on dates. I let them know I was interested by going out of my way to be kind to them and hoped they noticed me. Some did and some didn’t, but I knew I was going to do everything in my power to attract a husband since this was my greatest desire in life and pray a lot in the meantime

Re Lori above.

I'm about to unleash my inner mean girl.  I suspect Lori was what was/ is known as boy crazy when she was young.  Absolutely obviously desperately trying to get a boy, any boy didn't matter who to notice her and date her -- "..... everything in my power to attract"  she says. "I even pursued guys .. during high school and college" (Ken?)

I'll go one farther and say that I suspect Lori was also a flirt and a tease, a cock tease as it was known in my day (ugly word). The sort of girl who was so obvious about doing whatever the boy wanted he (mistakenly and very wrongly) assumed that meant she was OK with heavy making out/  sex

Lori could then draw back with a 'How dare you, I'm not that kind of girl' and demand to be taken home. Remember the story she tells about the guy who tried when they were at the drive-in movie and she demanded to be taken home.

I'm not saying that any boy ever has the right to assume a girl will have sex with him no matter how much she flirts and teases and seems to promise. Unfortunately, teen age boys aren't usually thinking with their brains and make some really really, really stupid assumptions.  I will just say though that HS social life and dating in the mid 70s was very different than it is now. The attitudes were very wrong, but that is the way it was then. 

I stopped wanting to go to church because of the youth. We stopped going when I was in high school because my dad was to sick to go so we had “church” at the house. It was reading the Bible and praying. I did still go to youth group sometimes with one of my friends. They offered no help when it came to sex. I don’t need to be told not to do it. I already knew that. But what about urges? Or it being okay if you have premarital sex, repent and don’t do it again? None of that was brought up. There was also a lot of clicks and teens making fun of other teens. Home schooled kids was a huge one because the pastors wife home school all ten of her kids. When I worked at chick fil a, we were down the road from a huge church. Professional  Football players and other athletes went to this church. The youth, when they would come to eat, were always rude. Even if I believed in god I probable wouldn’t go to any church. 

47 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

g.  Absolutely obviously desperately trying to get a boy, any boy didn't matter who to notice her and date her -- "..... everything in my power to attract"  she says. "I even pursued guys .. during high school and college" (Ken?)

Which explains why she even admits that she didn’t particularly love or like Ken when they got married. She readily admitted she had no warm feelings for him.  Which explains the miserable marriage.  Well congratulations, Lori, you got what you wanted. Too bad it didn’t really make you happy

Ken was just a means to an end “being a wife and mother” details be damned

I nearly stopped going to church and believing after the church I'd been going to for 12 years, since I was 12, turned their back on my entire family in favor of a narcissistic, paranoid pastor. Years of volunteer work, years of running power point, going on mission trips, leadership in youth, attempting to build relationships ... all gone. The rest of my family was far more invested than I was at the time this went down. As a result, they were hurt worse. The guy read a letter about my family in front of the entire church, all false accusations. My grandma didn't want to go out in our small town because of the shame. Good thing I was away at school or I might have punched him. And don't get me started on the churches totally lack on ability in hiring a competent youth pastor.

So in many ways it's understandable that youth aren't interested in church. Out dated methods, lack of care, and not being welcoming are huge problems. Combine that with the fact that youth want answers to hard hitting answers that churches aren't always prepared to answer.  

Soo Ken can seriously get out of here with blaming working mothers. I think we should be looking at the male leadership in the church. 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

*sighs* Lori this is what happens when you isolate/alienate yourself from other believers, you have no idea what the attitude is like towards marriage in a large portion of churches. Marriage and children is still highly emphasized, especially at Christian colleges where young adults are trying to become pastors (I've heard some churches won't hire unmarried men) and or missionaries. Young women were encouraged to marry and have children. 

But many churches don't tell women not to get an education because they don't follow your heretical teachings. Sooo there's that. 

Maybe it's because I'm in the Midwest where most women marry and have children but what's with this persecution complex for SAHMs? I don't think I've heard anyone look down at stay at home mom's recently. Even feminists I know could care less provided it's by choice. 

PS Ken please stop trying to use Millennials to prove a point. Many are leaving the church because of judgemental assholes like y'all and because they've either experienced abuse from the church or they've seen it. You know like the kind your wife is silent on while nitpicking what women are wearing. 

Yeah there's this new article out (can't remember the title) that says 1/5 of people under 30 in the US are nonreligious. I'm not gonna moralize on this, but I do think it is for a large part because of the old fashioned mindset of the church (especially the Catholic one, and the abuse is definitely enough to turn some away). The church has got to step up. There's got to be some change, otherwise millenials and younger are going to turn away from the church because a lot of this claptrap like Lori is peddling. I'm not moralizing, and I think it's perfectly fine that there are religious nones, but there are definite problems within Christian churches, but something's gotta give.

49 minutes ago, CatholicLite said:

Yeah there's this new article out (can't remember the title) that says 1/5 of people under 30 in the US are nonreligious. I'm not gonna moralize on this, but I do think it is for a large part because of the old fashioned mindset of the church (especially the Catholic one, and the abuse is definitely enough to turn some away). The church has got to step up. There's got to be some change, otherwise millenials and younger are going to turn away from the church because a lot of this claptrap like Lori is peddling. I'm not moralizing, and I think it's perfectly fine that there are religious nones, but there are definite problems within Christian churches, but something's gotta give.

I follow along with stories of abuse within the church pretty frequently. It's an area of interest for me. Hence why I continue to follow along with Lori's writing. Her and Ken are serial abusers.   

Anyways, the number of stories coming out now are horrific. I almost wish I didn't feel like it was part of my calling to follow the stories and be involved w/ advocacy because it makes it difficult to stay in church. However, I have hope that the young people will set out to make a safer church. If they don't catch a case of the Loris that is. 

Her DIL has to be cringing right now.   Lori was sharing her thoughts and links to her on blog trying to convince Emily's friend that Rachel Hollis is a false teacher.   One of Emily's friends graciously said this to Lori: (all from a public facing post/discussion)

Lori Alexander , it sounds like you are deeply passionate about sharing the Gospel with others, which is a wonderful thing. After reading your blog entries though, I just wonder if people with different beliefs or people who are struggling - even Christians - would feel compelled to listen to what you have to share based on your approach. Some things you write have the potential to bring about the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. For instance, it seems rather harsh to claim that mothers who work don’t love their children and aren’t true mothers. Proverbs 31:10-31.

15 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Her DIL has to be cringing right now.   Lori was sharing her thoughts and links to her on blog trying to convince Emily's friend that Rachel Hollis is a false teacher.   One of Emily's friends graciously said this to Lori: (all from a public facing post/discussion)

Lori Alexander , it sounds like you are deeply passionate about sharing the Gospel with others, which is a wonderful thing. After reading your blog entries though, I just wonder if people with different beliefs or people who are struggling - even Christians - would feel compelled to listen to what you have to share based on your approach. Some things you write have the potential to bring about the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. For instance, it seems rather harsh to claim that mothers who work don’t love their children and aren’t true mothers. Proverbs 31:10-31.

OH SNAP.

How long until we see a blog post pop up about how we are judged by who we associate with? Damn, Emily, you in trouble! 

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

'm about to unleash my inner mean girl.  I suspect Lori was what was/ is known as boy crazy when she was young.  Absolutely obviously desperately trying to get a boy, any boy didn't matter who to notice her and date her -- "..... everything in my power to attract"  she says. "I even pursued guys .. during high school and college" (Ken?)

I'll go one farther and say that I suspect Lori was also a flirt and a tease, a cock tease as it was known in my day (ugly word). The sort of girl who was so obvious about doing whatever the boy wanted he (mistakenly and very wrongly) assumed that meant she was OK with heavy making out/  sex

Is she any different now with the way she's constantly discussing sex on her blog, flirting with her male readers and deliberately playing to them? 

47 minutes ago, polecat said:

OH SNAP.

How long until we see a blog post pop up about how we are judged by who we associate with? Damn, Emily, you in trouble! 

I'm pretty sure Lori's post earlier this week about posting controversial things on facebook and then backing down when friends disagree was all about Emily.  I think it was in reference to the discussion Emily had on her page about Rachel Hollis/sleep training and her other post with the Rachel Hollis review.  Although I don't necessarily agree with Emily's positions,  I think she was being gracious and allowing a wide variety of discussion and opinions unlike YOU KNOW WHO.

I guess her MIL (Lori) took exception to the fact that Emily didn't take a page out of the Godly Mentor's book and 1- violently disagree with people and call into question their Christianity or 2 - Immediately block them. 

While many of us believe many of Lori's posts are directly related to a family member or something going on with those close to her, I think this is strong evidence that that is true.  Check out Emily's FB page (which is public) then go read Lori's post. 

EDIT: This is how Lori's started the post. Yep all about Emily:  I see younger women sharing some controversial posts with truth in them then begin backtracking when others who comment start to give them a hard time. They care much more about being liked than speaking truth.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm pretty sure Lori's post earlier this week about posting controversial things on facebook and then backing down when friends disagree was all about Emily.  I think it was in reference to the discussion Emily had on her page about Rachel Hollis/sleep training and her other post with the Rachel Hollis review.  Although I don't necessarily agree with Emily's positions,  I think she was being gracious and allowing a wide variety of discussion and opinions unlike YOU KNOW WHO.

I guess her MIL (Lori) took exception to the fact that Emily didn't take a page out of the Godly Mentor's book and 1- violently disagree with people and call into question their Christianity or 2 - Immediately block them. 

While many of us believe many of Lori's posts are directly related to a family member or something going on with those close to her, I think this is strong evidence that that is true.  Check out Emily's FB page (which is public) then go read Lori's post. 

EDIT: This is how Lori's started the post. Yep all about Emily:  I see younger women sharing some controversial posts with truth in them then begin backtracking when others who comment start to give them a hard time. They care much more about being liked than speaking truth.

Lori has reached maximum bitch level. 

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I see younger women sharing some controversial posts with truth in them then begin backtracking when others who comment start to give them a hard time. They care much more about being liked than speaking truth.

The only people Lori wants to like her are men like the infamous Dave, Vlad, KB, wasn't there a Joshua something-or-other commenting?...men like them.  Isn't trying to attract male attention (other than from one's husband) a sin according to her? 

Totally agree- that post was directed at Emily, just like the Beauty and the Beast posts.  Right when she posted that, Emily had just posted that she and Cassi were going to see the movie.  She's so obvious.  ? 

I wonder- does she realize that people see what she's doing??

Yesterday, she made the following comment (referring to her daughters):

I never pushed them to go to college. Our oldest one never went and the other one did, although if it were up to her, she would not have since all she wanted to do was be a wife and mother.

Umm, who forced Cassi to go to college?  It WAS up to her.  She had 100% choice in whether to go to college or not.

As for today's post, where are Dave and her other fan boys?  I figured they'd be close at hand, ready and willing to explain why women are NOT made in the image of God.  

I am thinking Lori's "women aren't made in the image of God" post, caused a lot of trouble for Ken and Lori, and I agree with those who suspect that their family is slowly turning on them.

38 minutes ago, Koala said:

that post was directed at Emily, just like the Beauty and the Beast posts

I missed those....where are they?

I also believe a lot of the college debt posts are aimed at Emily. she graduated from Wheaton which is like $36,000 a year. Also the posts about young moms not wanting to spank their kids (the ones posted right after Lori visited them when Emily had the second baby).....And don't forget her inferior kitchen supplies. 

I see a pattern. Lori must really feel threatened by Emily. 

43 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I also believe a lot of the college debt posts are aimed at Emily. she graduated from Wheaton which is like $36,000 a year. Also the posts about young moms not wanting to spank their kids (the ones posted right after Lori visited them when Emily had the second baby).....And don't forget her inferior kitchen supplies. 

I see a pattern. Lori must really feel threatened by Emily. 

So maybe Emily isn't slavishly obeying heeding Lori's bullshit commands advice...maybe eventually Emily will get sick and tired of it, and tell Lori where to get off, think about the whole bag of crap, and do things better.  One can always hope. 

I don't understand why these women "can't" say that they want to be wives and mothers. 

Of course they can. They probably won't get instant approval from everyone, but they can certainly say it.

How sad that they won't say what they believe in ("I want to be a SAHM") because someone might give them a frowny-face.

(I"m a SAHM and people don't always act instantly impressed when they hear this. But I can live with that. I'd never say that I "can't" share what I do, simply because it is not greeted with applause and praise).

These people would not survive real persecution, if the mild disapproval of the general public matters so much.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, Koala said:

This is just a sample of the people who are (publicly) reaching out to her.  She has NO BUSINESS advising a type 1 diabetic w/ episodes of unexplained vomiting, or a person struggling with high blood pressure.  She has no qualifications to treat people dealing w/ eating disorders.  

Sorry...but the more I read, the more reckless this seems. Her lack of knowledge/education could make someone very sick.

Holy hell! I just read those quotes you referenced. These folks are so ignorant and Alyssa is playing with fire. I am diabetic and the first thing I thought of with the description of vomiting was ketoacidosis - a life threatening situation. 

The woman who is hypothyroid and not taking her meds and who has experienced a significant weight gain and high blood pressure is just playing with her life. Why wouldn't a person just take that one tiny pill a day and have blood work every 6 months? It's simple. SMDH

On 9/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, Sarah92 said:

So because his GF isn't pure enough for him he's going to make her work? Am I reading this right? I didn't think Vlad could get more disgusting but what do you know, he proved me wrong. 

image.png

I would bet a loaf of einkorn bread that his girlfriend is actually a blow up doll.

What's for dinner, guys?

I've taken the last couple of nights off.  Hot flashes are a bitch. ?

Last night we had the best Chinese take-away I've ever tasted.  Tonight my husband is grilling cheeseburgers.  My contribution?  3 pans of onion rings (which I tossed in the oven). Done.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived