IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

24 minutes ago, Koala said:

Made.me.sick.  She is the most callous, heartless, brainless woman I have ever encountered (on or off the internet).  And Ken?  Ken is a complete joke.  He's making an absolute laughingstock of himself, and their family is probably ashamed of both of them.

I couldn't agree more!   My heart was breaking along with the rest of the family when Alyssa posted the IG stories and tribute about her grandmother.  They were all loving and close and sad and grieving yet supporting each other in their mothers/wife/grandmother's final illness.   

I really hate to read too much into things, but I wonder sometimes if Alyssa posted all that to distinguish herself and the rest of her family from Lori/Ken.  As a tribute, yes, but also to show they really are the normal ones.

Lori's one sister also changed/currently has an updated photo of the family on her FB page (which is public) in tribute to her dying mom/loving family.  Lori isn't in the picture and beyond her brief "mom has died"  with the same old picture she's used before and Ken's tribute about "Dreaming Small" its been barely a blip.

But as @Koala has demonstrated before, there has been copious amounts of posts about "THE BREAD" (I won't say the name, I won't!)  in between tearing down women posts on everything under the sun. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Koala said:

the reality is that your Mom is in the better place and it is us who are left behind for just a moment, and then we will be joining our loved ones. Let's not allow our pain and sense of loss to keep us from making the best of our time while here on earth for the glory of God.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

So yes, smile and believe that the God who lives inside of you will fill you with the joy of the Lord

John 11: Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” 33When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. 34 And he said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to him, “Lord, come and see.” 35 Jesus wept.

Romans 1215 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

1 Corinthians 12: But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

I think John 11:35 should be enough, but the others are from the Epistles, so maybe Lori knows about them.  No chiding, no telling those who are mourning to get over with it already, no, mourning and suffering are recognized and the Church is called to mourn with those who mourn, weep with those who weep, suffer with those who suffer. That brings glory to God, because that is why he put us together.  

I am 100% convinced Lori's extended family told(not asked, told) her to leave, that they did not want her around in their mother's last days.  Can you imagine what that would have been like for them?  Lori pontificating on everything, telling everyone what to do, trying to run the show so that she is the center of attention.  I would also guess that their mother was the glue that held them together and now that she is gone they don't have to pretend to like her or put up with her bullshit.

She has backed herself into a really ugly corner with all her attention whoring and my guess is that her family wants nothing to do with her.  I suspect they are horrified with her blog and the kind of people it attracts.

Regarding Ken, he's lost in the 80's, angry that he's not a masculine man, hamstrung to a wife who's an aging bitch (who he can't leave for monetary reasons) and using the Bible to promote his sick beliefs.  

I still have the feelings of grief. On the days where those feelings are prevalent, should I just smile and pretend they aren't there for my husband's benefit?

Oh my goodness. She would quash her grief to help her husband! I don't know why I should be so shocked that this denomination continues to invalidate women's feelings but this. is. too. much.

I hope this woman doesn't follow Ken's advice. My heart breaks for her. Her husband isn't more important than herself, and while I get that people should generally be more self-sacrificing and keen to help others- this is not the way to go. Her husband, no one, should be asking her to repress her grief. This is too much.

Has anyone here every thought about what they would say to Lori if they met her in person?

I've mentioned before that I am involved in marriage ministry, and it is feasible that I could run into her at a conference sometime in the future. Well, except for the fact that people go to conferences to learn and to network, and all Lori wants to do is bash other women and avoid learning. Still, it has occurred to me that I wouldn't be shocked to see her at an event sometime in the future. Fortunately, I'm quite overweight, so I'm pretty sure she would avoid me.

Am I remembering correctly that the funeral for Lori's mother was scheduled for later this month?  I think there was some discussion that it was going to be quite a while after her passing. 

IF this is true, I wonder if it is because Lori refused to cut her vacation short and her father insisted it not be held until she came home. Her sisters, having nothing but love and respect for their parents, have to go along with his wishes. Again, IF this is true, I can't imagine that this would NOT cause a permanent rift between Lori and her sisters; possibly even with her children. 

Finally, I profusely aplogize if I have no idea what I'm talking about; or if this was already discussed and I missed it  

Also, my greatest wish is that one of Lori's relatives would be so disgusted by Lori's behavior that they come here and give us the details. However, I know that they would probably refrain from doing that out of respect for Lori's father and kids. 

1 hour ago, molecule said:

Has anyone here every thought about what they would say to Lori if they met her in person?

I've mentioned before that I am involved in marriage ministry, and it is feasible that I could run into her at a conference sometime in the future. Well, except for the fact that people go to conferences to learn and to network, and all Lori wants to do is bash other women and avoid learning. Still, it has occurred to me that I wouldn't be shocked to see her at an event sometime in the future. Fortunately, I'm quite overweight, so I'm pretty sure she would avoid me.

So I have a little story that I haven't shared yet.... I got a friend request from an estranged uncle I haven't seen in years.  He's married to my mom's sister, so my aunt but they're hardly together. I accepted because I'm a nice person. I was scrolling through his feed because I'm also a nosey person. Seeing some of his very conservative posts, I remember making the comment to my dad, "I feel like I'm going to regret adding him". My dad was basically like "don't be so dramatic Sarah".

Well a couple weeks down the road I'm looking up either Ken or Lori's personal profile page (nosey Sarah strikes again) and low and behold we have a mutual friend. Annnd it's my uncle. I do regret friending him. Like how the fuck does this happen? I live in the Midwest! But he goes to Door County often and has been to California as well. But my bet is on Door County. 

I've thought about asking him to connect us because he's friends with both. But nope, they're both already to close for comfort just being friends with him. And I don't want them anywhere near my personal life as a fat, cleavage showing, unmarried, Grad degree having Christian feminist.   

Below is proof of this terrible secret. Please don't throw too many stones I promise I'm innocent! 

image.png

@Sarah92, that's funny!  I wonder where that connection might lead.... ?

My mother's sister lives in San Diego. I haven't seen her in decades and I doubt I'll get out there any time soon, but it could happen. I could be strolling down the beach with my aunt and run into Ken and Lori.  

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

I think it would depend on the setting. If I ran into them in San Diego while out on a walk with my aunt, I doubt I'd say a thing.  If they so happened to visit our church, the one and only English speaking international Baptist Church in our city, then I might walk up to them, say hello and decide whether it makes any sense to talk about anything other than the usual pleasantries.  Obviously, if they started preaching their "gospel", I might just have to give them a piece of my mind ? 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:03 AM, SuperNova said:

Thanks @onemama.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:31 AM, Petronella said:

First of all, thanks @onemama. Those were horrifying but important to read one after another like that.

You're welcome!  After a few months of not reading Lori, I was shocked by those responses. As @KDA said, the fact that Lori let those comments through moderation speaks volumes. 

On 9/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, Curious said:

That reply from Lori actually shocks me.  Whether she really believes that or not, I have no idea, but the fact that she actually pushed back against abuse (even emotional abuse) is quite a lot of progress for her.

Reading the comment again, I think she's just trying to keep up with her claim that she's against abuse.  All she says is that a woman should consult a "godly older woman" on what to do.  Lori is still pushing Debi and Mike Pearl, who openly tell women to stay and be kind to husbands who are abusing or neglecting them (and their children).   On August 23rd she posted Michael Pearl's advice to a woman with a lazy husband.  "Lazy husbands, hungry kids and hopeful wives".  While she's supporting that advice, she can't tell me she's against emotional abuse because that is definitely emotional abuse right there!  

On 9/10/2018 at 7:43 PM, polecat said:

some men don't marry solely for money or for children. Some do it for companionship

According to my new best friend, Elias, the only "biblical reason" for marriage is sex. If a wife is "providing" all the sex her husband wants, he will never go to prostitutes. He even quoted a former prostitute to make his point!  - And we know that because Lori allowed that comment....

@Sarah92, I have a mutual friend with Gary of the red weens! It creeped me right out when I realized it.

If I met Lori in real life, I'd have SO MUCH FUN. Because I do stay at home. I generally wear skirts, especially in the summer. I cook all the meals. I do the housecleaning. I bake bread even! I'd play up how awesomely Christian housewife I am (and I wouldn't be lying).

And then I'd hit her with the punch in the face that I'm getting my graduate degree online with the blessing of my husband. That I volunteer my talents in leadership to helping Army families. That I send my children to public school. That I was in the military. That I had my tubes tied.

And I'd smile and tell her that I know Jesus loves me just as much as He loves her.

12 hours ago, Carol said:

She has backed herself into a really ugly corner with all her attention whoring and my guess is that her family wants nothing to do with her.  I suspect they are horrified with her blog and the kind of people it attracts.

Regarding Ken, he's lost in the 80's, angry that he's not a masculine man, hamstrung to a wife who's an aging bitch (who he can't leave for monetary reasons) and using the Bible to promote his sick beliefs.  

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right on.   A while back she mentioned hanging up on someone close/a loved one and having to "set boundaries"   I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear that conversation/see who it was. 

34 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right on.   A while back she mentioned hanging up on someone close/a loved one and having to "set boundaries"   I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear that conversation/see who it was. 

I can't help but think that Thanksgiving is going to be really awkward for the Alexander family this year. Every time she complains, I try to figure out which family member has done something that doesn't support her. Today, for example, she says, "I see younger women sharing some controversial posts with truth in them then begin backtracking when others who comment start to give them a hard time. They care much more about being liked than speaking truth." So . . . which daughter or daughter-in-law shared something about Girl, Wash Your Face this week?

12 minutes ago, molecule said:

Every time she complains, I try to figure out which family member has done something that doesn't support her.

Yep.  Speculation bus here, but I see  ( from the public website) favorite son Steven is now principal owner of his orthodontic practice in NY (looks like previous partner retired). His only other associate now is a very attractive, married, no kids female orthodontist.  I was wondering if all of Lori's comments recently about women going into medicine was a swipe at that. 

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Also, my greatest wish is that one of Lori's relatives would be so disgusted by Lori's behavior that they come here and give us the details. However, I know that they would probably refrain from doing that out of respect for Lori's father and kids. 

I'm hoping for this too. Of course I'm hoping that it will be Alyssa who will finally have had enough and come see us.

In Lori's post about men preferring attractive wives she said 'However, “attractiveness” is in the eye of the beholder.'  If only she had stopped. Right. There.  She came so close to some truth, but spoiled it when she kept on rambling.  Proverbs 17:28 - 'Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise.'  Read it, Lori.  Learn it.  Love it.  

12 hours ago, molecule said:

I have enormous breasts, and I don't wear turtlenecks (although it wouldn't matter if I did). All that to say: I doubt I'd get a chance to say anything to the screaming ogress fleeing into the distance, pervert husband in tow.

But if I did get a chance to get closer to her, I still wouldn't say anything. I'd just "breast boobily" around her and "tit" myself on my way.

Spoiler

fcs7as1.jpg.19fad94af3482800a76a300ddc166698.jpg

So because his GF isn't pure enough for him he's going to make her work? Am I reading this right? I didn't think Vlad could get more disgusting but what do you know, he proved me wrong. 

image.png

so.PNG.e6d8e0c90db130f5397fe4a13d94f4ae.PNG

On that note, it seems The Stay-at-home-Mentor's (yoga pant wearing) daughter has embarked on a new career offering "nutritional therapy".

From the website:

I work with the body as a whole to investigate the underlying causes of specific symptoms such as heartburn, fatigue, bloating, mood swings, hormonal issues, anxiety, depression, weight gain, or other chronic pain or problems. 

Alyssa seems really sweet, but what qualifies her to treat people with depression/anxiety/chronic pain?

Depression and anxiety can be very serious, and neither of them are anything to play around with.  Chronic pain can be a sign of underlying illness, and should be "investigated" by a real doctor, not a dancer.  

Like I said, she seems very nice, but I take real issue with unqualified individuals "treating" anxiety and depression.

5 minutes ago, Koala said:

so.PNG.e6d8e0c90db130f5397fe4a13d94f4ae.PNG

On that note, it seems The Stay-at-home-Mentor's (yoga pant wearing) daughter has embarked on a new business offering "nutritional therapy".

From the website:

Alyssa seems really sweet, but what qualifies her to treat people with depression/anxiety/chronic pain?

Depression and anxiety can be very serious, and neither of them are anything to play around with.  Chronic pain can be a sign of underlying illness, and should be "investigated" by a real doctor, not a dancer.  

Like I said, she seems very nice, but I take real issue with unqualified individuals "treating" anxiety and depression.

I agree. She is beautiful, and very positive, but I think she has taken a page from her mother's book and believes that the right food can cure everything. That is dangerous thinking.

The whole family (Ken, the kids, sisters, brothers in law) seem really into the concept that eating the exact right (expensive and hard-to-obtain) foods will cure all your problems. Is that a Southern California thing, or just an Alexander family thing?

I'm entirely in favor of eating whole, clean foods, but I don't think that eating kombacha-infused organic beets will cure my "gut" of anything.

27 minutes ago, polecat said:

I have enormous breasts, and I don't wear turtlenecks (although it wouldn't matter if I did). 

While not enormous, my breasts are pretty substantial. I'm wearing a v-neck that rivals Lori's low-cut dress in the wedding picture (only mine looks better). I was just thinking about whether I can wear it to a Christian conference I'm attending this fall. If I do, I hope Lori is there to see it.

I would venture to say, that she is getting some backlash from her family about the outrageous stuff she is spewing. 

There is absolutely nothing meek and modest about what she is posting. It is hurtful and downright dangerous. 

I fail to see Jesus, telling Lori "job well done, you've brought so many people closer to me with your internet doodles."  

Screenshot_20180912-110737.png

@Sarah92 I'm going to choose to believe that Vlad's girlfriend exists only in his mind, or that someone in his social circle is unaware that he's got this fantasy relationship with her.

If neither of those is true, and he actually does think of his real girlfriend that way?  Girl.  Run.

8 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

@Sarah92 I'm going to choose to believe that Vlad's girlfriend exists only in his mind, or that someone in his social circle is unaware that he's got this fantasy relationship with her.

If neither of those is true, and he actually does think of his real girlfriend that way?  Girl.  Run.

His profile picture shows a girl in the picture with him but it doesn't mean they are more than just friends.  Or that the picture was just a drunk selfie with a random girl. As you said, if she is real, RUN GIRL, RUN!!!

51 minutes ago, Koala said:

Me, too. I work in health care (real health care) and while I'm not clinical, I have a strong aversion to those who take a weekend class, or couple of months worth of seminars and consider themselves qualified or certified to treat anything.  Even heartburn or indigestion.  Those could be symptoms of serious diseases not merely treated by the "right" nutritional therapy.  I checked out the site and apparently her "certification" allows her to order and review/interpret bloods tests???? WTF....this isn't stuff to play around with. 

So sad....this whole family has food issues....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived