IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

My mom always worked part time when I was growing up. My dad didn’t want her to have to work but we needed the money. It helped a lot during the times when my dad was out of work. Lori just doesn’t get it. We never took fancy vacations, bought new clothes, or ate name brand foods. We also ate very cheap foods. Chicken nuggets and curly fries most nights. My mom and dad were both Christians with very strong faith. 

1 Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

proverbs 10:4 Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.

2 thesssalonians 3: 

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 

7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 

8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 

9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 

10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

lori, nowhere in any of these versus does it say male only. Women need to help too. Being a helpmate doesn’t mean you can’t work. Being a keeper of the home doesn’t mean you can’t work outside of it. The Bible never says a women can’t work outside of the home. It also never says a women should only work from home. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is apparent I have too much time on my hands this morning.  It was revealed to me that Lori went up to the Mount of Door County and received new commandments, as those given to Moses were not sufficient.

1.     Thou shalt not love thyself, but shalt be subservient and of low self-esteem.

2.     Thou shalt not eat any food other than Einkorn bread and big salads, for all other food is junk and causes thou to sin as thou will not be skeletal skinny.

3.     If thou be a woman, thou shalt not work outside the home, as this is harlotry.

4.     Thou shalt allow the man to lead, without questioning his lordship, even if he leadest thou off a cliff into the abyss of poverty.

5.     Thou shalt not wear yoga pants, for they are an abomination and cause men to have lust in their hearts, and their sin shall be upon your head.

6.     Thou shalt not show cleavage, for it also causes lustful thoughts in men, and thou would cause a man to stumble and be cast into the lake of fire.

7.     Thou shalt not question the Godly mentor as she knows the perfect plan.

8.     Thou shalt not have an education, as this will cause thou to be a Jezebel.

9.     Thou shalt not have a tattoo, incur debt, nor be of the broken hymen upon entering the marriage bed, as this is sinful and no man shall want thee as a wife.

10. Thou shalt only praise the Godly mentor for her wisdom, lest thou be deleted and blocked. (see #7 above).

Lori's guest blog post today is, "I don't want to be a strong independent black woman". Ah yes, a subject near and dear to Lori's heart. I'm sure she personally knows what it means to be a p.o.c.. In the comments we get A Lady of Reason being a true racist bitch: 

Spoiler

Bravo! Not all in the black community want to act like welfare mothers and criminals! Some want to build a future and live by more virtuous behavior! The crisis of unwed black mothers is rampant, so kudos to those who want a marriage, not a welfare check! One of my former high school classmates got knocked up while still in high school, and the deadbeat baby daddy left her high and dry and also impregnated another woman a year before her! She used to bully me, and think she was so much better, but look who’s better now! 

I can't even come up with a comment on the bolded without ranting. I hate this so much. And that last bit about how she's better than others. It doesn't sound very Christian to me. 

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Lori's guest blog post today is, "I don't want to be a strong independent black woman"

My eyes somehow skipped the word guest on first reading, and I had a head-tilty moment of thinking that becoming a strong, independent Black woman has got to be one of the last things Lori might need to worry about.

42 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

And that last bit about how she's better than others. It doesn't sound very Christian to me. 

I don't think Lady Of (questionable) Reason considers herself a Christian.

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lori's guest blog post today is, "I don't want to be a strong independent black woman". Ah yes, a subject near and dear to Lori's heart. I'm sure she personally knows what it means to be a p.o.c.. In the comments we get A Lady of Reason being a true racist bitch: 

Hide contents

Bravo! Not all in the black community want to act like welfare mothers and criminals! Some want to build a future and live by more virtuous behavior! The crisis of unwed black mothers is rampant, so kudos to those who want a marriage, not a welfare check! One of my former high school classmates got knocked up while still in high school, and the deadbeat baby daddy left her high and dry and also impregnated another woman a year before her! She used to bully me, and think she was so much better, but look who’s better now! 

I can't even come up with a comment on the bolded without ranting. I hate this so much. And that last bit about how she's better than others. It doesn't sound very Christian to me. 

Oh my gosh! She sounds so proud of another's misfortune! I hope that poor woman she's talking about got proper help. Just because she bullied her doesn't mean she's a terrible human being. Grr, this makes me so sad. Saying she's BETTER than her is just an awful thing to say.

Thank you so much to everyone for your supportive, encouraging comments. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

I don't know what people's backgrounds on here are, but I'm sure they are diverse. And yet, so many (most if not all?) on here are kind, compassionate, non-judgmental, supportive. So unlike Lori, who holds herself up as the perfect example of a Christian woman.

I am blown away.

I'm not even going near Lori's blog for a long time, because every time I venture there, I get more and more disgusted.

A Lady of Reason has her own blog - https://aladyofreason.wordpress.com/.  

A Lady of Reason is a blog for women who are in the secular community as atheists, agnostics and non-religious but have socially conservative values. 

At first glance, I thought that she would at least be intelligent, but after reading some of her posts, she seems to buy into the old stereotypes.  However, she also wrote the following below, which Lori will not approve of:

Lastly, I wish to state that unlike many of our religious counterparts, I believe that women can occupy roles outside that of a stay at home wife and mother. Also, that traditional femininity does not mean that women cannot be deeply intellectual and openly speak their mind. This blog will engage in deep intellectual topics, as well as the more “feminine” interests such as fashion, for example. It seems inherently sexist to say that traits such as reason, intellect and an analytical mind are owned by the male sex. Also, I believe that women and men are inherently separate in nature, but equal in worth and dignity as human beings. Women can occupy more “modern” roles and have fulfilling careers, I myself have a strong passion for science, and be an intellectual equal to a man. 

My take on Lori:

Lori does what works for her.  She went to college and hated it.  It did not work out for her so other women should not go.

She worked as a teacher for a short time and did not like that, so she sabotaged her birth control to stay home.  She could not, or did not want to work, so no woman should work outside the home.

She found her answer to her issues in the Bible (insert cough here) and in other wonderful teachers like the Pearls ,and, Voila, everything was fixed … not.

Wrote a book to spread the “good” news to a happy marriage, and God called her to teach younger women (because she is now older?).

So, it is still all about what Lori wants, what Lori does to get what she wants … and that is that.

Lori wants … needs to be right always and in all ways. 

She cannot “hear” a different view or even a logical one:

Example:  Many women HAVE to work to pay the bills.  They are not doing this because they don’t love their children .. on the contrary.  Not to feed and clothe your children would be a lack of love.  

You cannot reason with Lori because it is all about her.  She cannot “see” anything or anyone outside of her small world.  She is incapable of feeling compassion and empathy.  It is all about rules (many of her rules are questionable).

It is black and white.  No shades of grey.  There is no room for growth so you see the same ole, same ole, year after year. 

Exactly Liza.  Lori does what Lori wants, and only Lori can decide what the rest of us want. And Lori is, above all else, LAZY. I’ve said in the past that, if the Bible said women should work to provide for their families, Lazy Lori would be the world’s finest atheist. 

Today's words of wisdom written by two 17-year-olds on self-pity.  Promoted by the Queen of Self-Pity and Self-Piousness.   We all feel sorry for ourselves at some time or another.  It's part of being human and having a spectrum of emotions.  She can feel sorry for herself -- in pain all the time, works so hard to teach younger women, is persecuted for her beliefs, etc.  

On 9/15/2018 at 7:49 AM, teachergirl said:

Didn't one of her sons switch from law to dental school? My sister who works for an association of dentists says it it not uncommon for new dentists to have upwards of 200-300.000 in student loan debt. Are we to assume that since it's the GM son that the rant about college debt does not apply to them? Is it even feasible that they helped him with some of that debt?  My point is that at some point his wife may need to work when the reality of how much a new dentist makes versus how much that student loan payment is comes to a head... Lori is a mindless privileged twit.

Her son Ryan is in law school. A FJer who is still in Lori's chat room mentioned that. I wouldn't be surprised he did switch to dental. 

Lori's son-in-law Ryan(Cassi's husband) switched from pharmacy school to dental. He had already completed three years of pharmacy school and decided to go to dental school. Lori mentioned a few times that he was attending the cheapest dental school in the country. Ryan might have a lot debt from pharmacy school and now dental school.  

She doesn't seem to have a problem with men attending graduate or professional schools and acquiring a lot of debt. Her son Stephen likely has debt from dental school and the orthodontic program that he attended. Lori is the type of person that doesn't realize that shit happens in life. Something could happen to Lori's son-in-law Ryan or her son Stephen and their families could be left with debts and ongoing expenses. 

Lori and her fangirls often suggest remarriage if a woman with children becomes a widow. There was a blog post where Lori mentioned that a fangirl whose husband was disabled and they were living off his SSDI. My take was that the guy's disability wasn't too severe. My ex-boyfriend worked with disabled people in home health care and social work and his mom was an occupational therapist. My ex and his mom had numerous stories of families going into financial ruin after a severe disability or illness hit the family.  SSDI in many situations doesn't stretch that much. 

If the husband of one of Lori's fangirls ended up as a high level quadriplegic due to a spinal cord injury, there is no way Lori could give useful advice to a family that will need to have expensive sip and puff wheelchairs, lifts around the house to get the husband in and out of bed, various medical supplies, and ramps which all adds up to huge sums of money. 

Omgosh guys you would not believe what happened! I went to an Episcopal church service today and a woman in the clergy robes, although I don't think she's the main clergy idk yet, got on stage for a reading. As soon as she got on stage and began the reading: lightening struck the church,despite it being a blue sky, and an earthquake shook the tiny church. You could feel the wrath of Lori's God fill the church as the women was swept away from the pulpit in a gust of righteous wind and fire. 

Jk none of that happened. She did the reading and actually helped perform the communion service, she was the one who placed the wafer in my mouth and have the blessing. Nothing bad happened. In fact, it was great!

The sermon given by who I'm assuming was the head clergy, based on his robes, was so full of truth. He talked about how Christians should be aware of how we teach because we need to hold ourselves accountable and to a higher standard. He talked about how we need to learn to address the ideas of individuals without tearing them down. That basically, if we engage with people with an arrogant heart, we lose the opportunity to share the Gospel. In summary, Actions speak louder than wordss. Be people of integrity and compassion, particularly when dealing with others. It was convicting and spoke to our very reactionary climate that focuses on reacting rather than engaging. 

Lori would have hated it. I attended the Episcopal church becaus I'm thinking of taking a break from evangelical churches. However, I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the titles the clergy hold. Is it pastor? If any would would be able to inform me that would be great! 

Last but not least, joy and happiness are two different things in my humble opinion. I think one can be unhappy but still have joy. I mean read Psalms 88 and you read a picture of a desperately unhappy man. Joy seems to be more of that faith that there is a light at the end of the tunnel when experiencing hardships.  God acknowledges both joy and sorrow and is big enough to handle both from us. Life fucking sucks sometimes. But for our own mental health, holding on to joy is important. When we let go of joy and fall into hopelessness it can take us to dangerous places. Idk my two cents as a mental health worker. Joy and hope seem heavily entertained for me. Irk if any of that makes sense. But joy isn't about smiling and being little rays of sunshine, it's about much more than that. 

@KDA  I'm so sorry, I totally understand.   Sounds like you have some good breakfast fixin's.  Egg in a hole, breakfast potatoes,  ham and cheese sandwiches,  baked potato,  raw carrots for fiber because the rest is binding, milk for tea or coffe and drinking.  I normally put milk in my eggs, but when I've been low, I save it.  Chessy potato skins could work too, the insides are now mashed potatoes, add ham maybe if enough after sammiches.  I got nothing on the flour unless you make a roux and turn the mashed taters into soup with salt and pepper.  It's not a lot but filling.  Is there a food bank or one of those neighborhood pantries you could hit up?  I wish you the best and I'm sorry in this country rich with food is not attainable at the moment.  I get it. 

Sorry for the double post, idk how I even did that.....????? 

I'm looking at Stacie Cherrill's youtube videos. She puts on a show in a lot of them. 

A couple of years ago one of Lori's doodles regarding stay at home moms vs. working moms was posted on a Facebook group that was catered to black parents and she was ripped apart by most people in that group mainly because a lot of them felt that working mothers was a need in keeping black families and communities stable. 

Stacie will probably end up dealing with some backlash from friends and family regarding her guest post on Lori's blog. 

From FB.  I rolled my eyes at this comment from Lacey. She doesn't consider the fact that some single moms are widows. 

Lacey - It was also a plan from the elite and Satan to divide families especially the black families do that the women HAD to be strong, they had to work the multiple jobs to put food on the table as single moms, they were taught to be tough women and shown that men don’t Provide and cover them. But leave them and use them. It’s a vicious cycle. It starts with what happened to the black people the families divided and men were broken down and women had to be tuff strong single moms and women. This is just historically true. 

But by the grace of God ANY woman can read his good word and transform by the power of Christ into HIS character and a meek and quiet spirited woman who loves the lord, her brothers in Christ and honor and respect men again.

I hope Whitney has backup plan in place in case something happens to her godly husband.

Whitney-I’m sharing this article! As a black woman, I can identify and agree 100%. And I can honestly say, doing things the Lordms way has blessed my life tremendously, including giving me a godly husband who desires to love, protect and lead me.... and he wants me to stay at home with out children as much as I do ?

55 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the titles the clergy hold. Is it pastor? If any would would be able to inform me that would be great! 

I think they call them rectors.  I attended an Episcopal church during the few months I spent on the US in my teens. The rector was a wonderful man. I still remember how friendly and down-to-earth he was. He even had time for a troubled teen full of questions about the liturgy of the Episcopal church!  

I agree with your understanding of Joy as something other than happiness, and I think it's worth mentioning that even the Bible acknowledges sorrow as a valid emotion.  One psalm (I can't remember which one) talks about sorrow lasting for the night but joy comes in the morning.  

@KDA
I am chiming in w/ another super cheap recipe I saw on Food Network today-
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-capellini-3742575

You can get a lb. of pasta for $1 at Wal-mart.  Lemons are super cheap, and then you'd just need butter.  Wal-mart also has pretty good fresh french loafs for $1 each.  

Still thinking good thoughts for your family!  

1 hour ago, Koala said:

@KDA
I am chiming in w/ another super cheap recipe I saw on Food Network today-
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-capellini-3742575

You can get a lb. of pasta for $1 at Wal-mart.  Lemons are super cheap, and then you'd just need butter.  Wal-mart also has pretty good fresh french loafs for $1 each.  

Still thinking good thoughts for your family!  

It may not be the most healthy thing out there, but you can add things to pasta like cut up hot dogs or sausage.  It's fairly cheap and it's good.  Mr. Briefly's "broke food" recipe from when he was a young adult and just starting to learn how to be an adult, he probably put butter on the cooked pasta but I use a little olive oil. Salt, pepper, parsely, whatever is on hand.  We don't make it much now, but I cut up the sausage or hot dogs into small bite-sized pieces and cook them in the water with the pasta because it flavors the pasta a little.

@KDA, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family as well.

Got this in yesterday, it's really pretty in person! About the size of a half dollar & heavy. 

So Lori, women in the military is a new concept? Naw sis, check ya facts. (No like, real facts....) 

Happy Sunday!

Spoiler

20180916_165007.thumb.jpg.085fd3ac62d7c4722c5f5c0f939d2495.jpg

I made almost two gallons of salsa today from my garden tomatoes--I will give away three 16 oz containers and freeze the rest for us to eat. Then I got groceries and cut strawberries to put on ice cream for dessert later tonight. Then I made dinner. 

Two weeks ago, my mom and I canned 11 pints of my garden tomatoes which I will use for homemade chili and spaghetti sauce this winter. I've also done six quarts of pickles this summer. 

And I manage to do all of this while working almost full time. Yet Lori doesn't raise a garden at all, let alone can. 

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Omgosh guys you would not believe what happened! I went to an Episcopal church service today and a woman in the clergy robes, although I don't think she's the main clergy idk yet, got on stage for a reading. As soon as she got on stage and began the reading: lightening struck the church,despite it being a blue sky, and an earthquake shook the tiny church. You could feel the wrath of Lori's God fill the church as the women was swept away from the pulpit in a gust of righteous wind and fire. 

Jk none of that happened. She did the reading and actually helped perform the communion service, she was the one who placed the wafer in my mouth and have the blessing. Nothing bad happened. In fact, it was great!

I'm a bit biased, but the Episcopal Church is great, Sarah92, I agree!  If you're looking to take a break, I think you'll find a lot to like there.

Not the least of which is women are included in all aspects of the Church, including the priesthood.

And yes, as onemama said, the head clergy is the rector.

Another cheap meal option for us (I can't have gluten so it gets tricky sometimes) is to chop a head of cabbage & sautée in butter with onions and garlic and a pepper from the garden, and add chopped sausage links to it. I drizzle ACV on top of it. It is simple and boring but we've eaten it many times. You can serve instant mashed potatoes or baked potatoes with it. I have to use mashed cauliflower. 

We eat a lot of bacon & eggs too. 

At my Walmart they have 1lb frozen ground turkey for $1.50. I hate shopping at Walmart but that's all we have the budget for and I'm grateful for it. Maybe your Walmart might have that too that's what we have instead of ground beef. Thanks for sharing recipes, ladies  

10 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori's son-in-law Ryan(Cassi's husband) switched from pharmacy school to dental. He had already completed three years of pharmacy school and decided to go to dental school. Lori mentioned a few times that he was attending the cheapest dental school in the country. Ryan might have a lot debt from pharmacy school and now dental school.  

He's a first-year orthodontic resident now.

Didn’t Ken go to Aruba or somewhere like that not too long ago? I think he took one of their daughters and her husband and some inlaws.

Fun factoid (and my apologies to any FJers named Lori): My daughter and I were chatting this afternoon, and came to the conclusion that all the Loris we know are bitches. (Not the Lauries, though.)

Our Godly Mentor would have blown a gasket if she’d heard our conversation. My daughter’s 13-year marriage is fizzling out, and she and her husband are working on resolving things amicably and in the best way possible for their child, an 11-year-old boy. As the primary breadwinner in the family, she sees no advantage in keeping the marriage limping unhappily along, and their counselor agrees. At this point in her life, she sees no advantage in being married to anyone. 

At this point in MY life, I see no advantage in being married either. Only two of my married friends have husbands I’d take on a bet. I’m financially stable and will be retiring soon—not luxuriously, but comfortably enough. One of my old college friends was widowed in his ‘50s, but was introduced several years ago to a lovely widow his age and they got married today. I am very happy for them, but my first thought was “That looks like a lot of [emotional] work.”

My point is that marriage is fine is you absolutely and positively love each other and honestly feel great joy in being together. (That’s what both of my sisters have found with their spouses.)  But choosing to be single is fine, too, and shouldn’t be written off by society as second-best. 

And I couldn’t care less about what Lori’s version of God thinks.

Oh, and our later conversation would have finished Lori off for good: My grandson showed up and heard us talking about the trans people we know (I’d been at my church’s table at our local Pride last weekend, an event more decorous and sedate than the “family-friendly” agricultural fairs going on this time of year). When he asked, we explained what being trans meant, and the choices trans people might make to affirm their gender identity. He asked us if it “had to do with DNA,” and we told him that scientists were studying the factors that might lead to it. 

So there we are—three generations of us going to hell in a handbasket.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived