IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Yep...no fat people in that third world country, where people might be actually STARVING .:bangheaddesk:

I remember my elementary school doing dime-collection fundraisers for an Ethiopian aid organization - in the early 90s, so after the "official" end of the famine in the 80s.  I don't know when her son was in dental school, but gee, I wonder why obesity wasn't really an issue in a country still recovering from a massive famine when hundreds of thousands starved to death, LORI.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Damn, reading this again really angries up the blood. This man has zero, and honestly sub-zero, right to talk about mental health if he believes bullshit like this.

And to do it with the sort of misused medical language ("disease processes" - seriously, Ken?) that might lead people to think he knows what he's talking about.  He's giving made-up "advice" that could literally kill people, just for the sake of sounding like an authority on something he doesn't understand at all.  How very Godly.  

41 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

You know how my mom got "delivered" from an abusive husband and "rescued" me and my siblings from a mentally unstable father? DIVORCE. I believe God was in that too. But according to Ken/Lori theology, I should have lost my mom instead?

I think according to these idiots, your father should have died, so that you and your family could be "delivered" from him.  Of course, that would have left your mother with no income, since women aren't allowed to work outside the home, but hey, she could always remarry.  (In case my tone didn't come across - that was sarcastic as all hell, Lori and Ken are morons, and I'm sorry you went through that.)

The beginning of the end of my time in fundie-lite circles was when a friend of mine who was bi-polar went to a "christian" counselor, who told her that if she was trusting God she didn't need her mental health meds, and that she should quit cold turkey.

She did so, and in less than a week committed suicide.

This is part of why Ken and Lori are truly dangerous.  

Trusting God and His ways is not an expressway to death.  The Living God is antithetical to death, and triumphed over it in resurrection.  To advocate someone else's death as "deliverance" (and that is what they are saying here)  is morally repugnant.   

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Why am I not surprised that she actually said THIS on her fat shaming post on FB today:

The Transformed Wife: I agree! My son went on a dental missions trip when he was in dental school to Ethiopia and didn't see a fat person anywhere! It's a lie that obesity and being overweight is a medical condition.

Yep...no fat people in that third world country, where people might be actually STARVING .:bangheaddesk:

What. The. Actual. FUCK.

I hope to God someone called her out on this one. :COLERE:

ETA: They did: 

With all due respect, using Ethiopa as an example might not be the best example considering they've experienced near constant famines in the past 30+ years.

And Lori's 'I'm right and you're wrong 'reply: 

the people he was with weren’t starving! They are very active and eat food that hasn’t been processed. France has few obese people because their portions are small and they move a lot.

Lori has spoken.?

13 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

To advocate someone else's death as "deliverance" (and that is what they are saying here)  is morally repugnant.   

And they claim to be 'pro-life'...

Lori and Ken Alexander are two stupid, heartless motherfuckers. I think they are both masquerading as Christians, but their actual objective is to turn as many people as possible away from God and Jesus. They also sadistically want to hurt as many women as possible. I'm not a violent person, but I would bitch slap the both of them if I saw them. Those two and Dumpy. They make me want to vomit.

28 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

To advocate someone else's death as "deliverance" (and that is what they are saying here)  is morally repugnant.   

AMEN.  A thousand times.

This is as far from Christianity as the east is from the west.  Christians do not see the death of one half of a one flesh union (marriage) as some kind of "salvation" (which is what the word deliverance means).

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Restore the joy of Your salvation to me, and give me a willing spirit.

Strong's Concordance

yesha: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare

Original Word: יֵ֫שַׁע
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: yesha
Phonetic Spelling: (yeh'-shah)
Short Definition: salvation

SALVATION is not death; death is not salvation.  No matter what Ken says.

@ladyicantxplain Thank you for your kind words. When Lori posts about how divorce always destroys children, I want to scream! In my case, I was an adult before they got divorced and a lot of damage had been done to me and my brother. I would have been much happier with my father out of the picture - I know I definitely am as an adult. Divorce is never a first choice for anyone, despite what Lori says. Despite abuse, it still took my mom a long time to decide to go there. And that was after counseling, threats to leave if he didn't change, etc, etc.

I agree with everything that you are saying. they also make no mention of what happens if there are children left behind as a result of this "homecoming". Without my mom, I would have been at the mercy of my father. And that would have been much worse.

I have only been able to keep up on Lori’s antics by visiting here- busy week. I’m on a webinar and hopped on FB only to find this: 

Spoiler

848BB46E-C65D-4D8E-9D41-2ADD44724A4D.thumb.png.95f40b4fbb8e588f247e4dcd31947acf.pngFC52105A-3B49-4601-9773-BF1536C1F3C5.thumb.png.52429b57678fb4ac6ac191d5db2349f4.png8A6D8371-8C9B-47D2-BB51-AB40E6CA04E7.thumb.png.47e4dba93b60905f0e7c03548064875c.png

2 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

@TeddyBonkers, where is this garbage Ken has written on 2.0?  I want to find this in a bad way.

Is he actually referring to people by IDENTIFYING them with disease?  Calling them "bipolars" and "borderlines?"  Infuriating.

And then he blames the diseases on the person's "sin" of bitterness?  Am I reading this correctly?

Ken, you're supposed to set captives FREE, not blame them and call them by their "diseases"...

Can you set them free, or can you only talk about them incessantly and blame their condition on "bitterness"...?

And does he mean that "taking them home" meant they DIED?  Is he saying God "killed" a spouse to deliver a tormented spouse?  I really hope I'm reading this wrongly.

It is on a visitor post by him on Easter, on a reply to a commenter with the initials of L. A-B. (I don't want to give out her full name,just enough so that you can find the thread). Screenshots to follow:

Spoiler

755494488_walloftext1.JPG.019afd5119137d27c115da1efc4de089.JPG

Spoiler

1897096019_walloftext2.JPG.43fb159b9f2b8ad0d5d289594ec47cf5.JPG

Spoiler

Didn't Pat Robertson say something similar(IIRC, that maybe God allowed a miscarriage to happen because He knew the child would grow up "unsaved")?

Worse than that--it was the death of a born child:

There is increasing evidence that there is a genetic component to mental illnesses such as depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. We also know that people are far more likely to be diagnosed nowadays. A generation ago, it was all about “Uncle X is a bit ‘odd’ and likes to keep to himself” and “Grandma Y is a bit touchy and sensitive,” because it would have been considered “rude” to suggest that they were in serious need of psychiatric help. 

Hey, Lorken—hemophilia is genetic, too! Why don’t you suggest that hemophiliacs just pray and read their Bibles in order to “get cured”?

4 minutes ago, Hane said:

There is increasing evidence that there is a genetic component to mental illnesses such as depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. We also know that people are far more likely to be diagnosed nowadays. A generation ago, it was all about “Uncle X is a bit ‘odd’ and likes to keep to himself” and “Grandma Y is a bit touchy and sensitive,” because it would have been considered “rude” to suggest that they were in serious need of psychiatric help. 

Hey, Lorken—hemophilia is genetic, too! Why don’t you suggest that hemophiliacs just pray and read their Bibles in order to “get cured”?

Lori has made it clear that she doesn't believe divine healing is always the will of God.

But people with mental illness need to be handled spiritually, and not with western medicine or psychological methods.

People with bad nutrition causing disease, however, just need to "heal themselves" with food.

Which is it?

Divine healing for mental illness, but not for other things?  I have trouble following the direction of their theology.

22 minutes ago, Hane said:

Why don’t you suggest that hemophiliacs just pray and read their Bibles in order to “get cured”?

The only case study I know of suggests that doesn't work so well...

14 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I have trouble following the direction of their theology.

So do they, I think.

I wish I weren’t banned so I could tell her how much I loathe her.  Following their logic, if illness is because of sin, then brain tumors are also because of sin.

I could write a valid syllogism to support this logic.

21 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I've seen Ken try to talk about psychology and such and it is clear he had no idea what he's talking about. Why he thinks he can give advice on trauma is beyond me. Neither of them should be giving advice on such a thing. And that is certainly not how trauma works. Trauma can literally rewire the brain, especially in cases of complex or severe trauma. In many ways, those reactions (vomiting, panic attacks, hypervigilance) aren't always controllable because the brain makes the body react, sending it into fear mode. It's not about having more faith or dying to self. It's not about being dead to personal sins. This woman was sinned against by someone who thought that he/she could invade a person's body. The poor woman carries the weight of someone else's sin. I've sat with quite a few women with similar stories and similar desires; Lori's advice never worked for any of them. In fact, advice like that sent them spiraling in guilt and shame because they blamed themselves and not the evil advice someone moron thought fit to share. As a sexual assault victims advocate this make's me furious beyond measure. 

You make some very good points, and it's things I never thought about before.  But it does explain quite a bit of my own life experiences.  I guess I could very well have PTSD from what happened to me, I have never thought about that before.  But it would explain so much of why I feel the way I do about certain things.  I'm not discounting the brain damage issue, but that is a seperate thing really.

For the record, I have never blamed myself nor felt that I deserved it in any way.  Lori and Ken are vile, absolutely vile.

PTSD and Trauma really does alter the brain, it's even visible in brain scans in extreme cases (smaller hippocampus).

There was a huge study on war veterans and it's the reason the state now has to compensate them financially.

9 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I wish I weren’t banned so I could tell her how much I loathe her.  Following their logic, if illness is because of sin, then brain tumors are also because of sin.

I could write a valid syllogism to support this logic.

@wallysmommy:  I understand.  She took something I said and made a whole post about how stupid I was for sending my kids to college and "allowiing" them to be whatever they wanted to be (both daughters).  I was banned  so .. when that stupid post came out ... with Lori twisting my words and adding to them, I emailed her.  It was not angry, but it was short and to the point.  In essence, I let my children "go" and "be"  because I do not own them.  If you feel strongly you can email her, and trust me, she will read it ... dont e surprised if she uses it as fodder for a post.  The woman is on a perpetual rinse/repeat cycle and is desperate for more gossip.

You can address what Ken said, link them to these mental illnesses, if you wish ... whatever.   The problem is that fundamentalists distrust science and facts.  But, at least you will have tried. 

4 hours ago, Liza said:

@wallysmommy:  If you feel strongly you can email her, and trust me, she will read it ... dont e surprised if she uses it as fodder for a post.  The woman is on a perpetual rinse/repeat cycle and is desperate for more gossip.

You can address what Ken said, link them to these mental illnesses, if you wish ... whatever.   The problem is that fundamentalists distrust science and facts.  But, at least you will have tried. 

I think I'm going to make a burner FB account to post, then take a screenshot before she takes it down.  I'll post it here.  I already have my name picked out.   I got in trouble in 8th grade for writing a note to a boy and signing my friends name.  My mom had to meet with the principal.  She wasn't angry that I wrote the note.  She was mad that she had to take off work (blasphemer that she was) to meet with the principal as he kicked back in his chair smoking his cigar (this was 1972).  Her response to them when they told her what I'd done:  She shrugged and said, "She's just like me."  It seems I learned young how to be stealthy.  I had an awesome role model.

the people he was with weren’t starving! They are very active and eat food that hasn’t been processed. France has few obese people because their portions are small and they move a lot.

So, Lori;  your son was doing missionary work for upper middle class Ethiopians? The ones that live in nice subdivisions and have access to quality food and medical care? 

Oh; okay! I thought maybe he was doing ACTUAL humanitarian work but I should uave known an Alexander son would never actually get his hands dirty by mixing with the poor and unwashed. 

I mean, that is what you're implying with your statement. 

I can only skim here because Lori makes me so utterly stabby, but - on the topic of trauma changing the brain, I highly recommend The Body Keeps The Score by Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk.  It's profound.

So Lori's post today is Snatching Ambiguity from Clarity. She serves up a giant word salad that careens incoherently around all her favorite topics. We get a Whitmans sampler of her crazy and today she's mad about everything. Submission, abortion, daycare, women in authority, it goes on and on, long past making her point, whatever it is. In fact, it went on so long and rambled so much that I actually scrolled back to the top to see if Ken wrote it. Now I'm wondering what could possibly be left to talk about tomorrow. She even managed a new doodle on how to be a doormat, i.e. your man is always right even when he's not so just shut up about it.

17 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

So Lori's post today is Snatching Ambiguity from Clarity.

$100 says no way she wrote that. It was more Ken's style or she plagiarized it from someone else. 

2 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

$100 says no way she wrote that. It was more Ken's style or she plagiarized it from someone else. 

I thought the same.  She loves to brag about how dumb she is and will often tell people who comment that she doesn't understand what they're saying.  If she's as dim as she puts on, how was she able to comprehend the subject at all?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived