IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

I think marriage will be interesting for this couple. On one hand, they can engage in sweet fellowship. On the other, WHO WILL CONSTANTLY TAKE PICTURES OF THEM TO POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA? Without the pictures, how will we know they are the most in love couple ever?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no qualms about squishing a spider, any spider in my house flat in two seconds flat. My only ethical rule is to make it a quick demise, don't torment it to death. (One of life's ironies that my darling husband won't kill spiders and doesn't like it when I do.) @Buffy, I am certain Gil and Kelly are fundies on abortion and lgbt issues. It's some of the most deeply rooted issues in modern evangelical Christianity and likely to reinforced by maybe 75% of the churches around them. I thinks it's  very possible one of the Bates children would divorce. I will repeat my rumors that wordly fundiegelicals have just as high a divorce rate as the world. I suspect extremely shelted fundies have lower divorce rates. However the Bates children seem happy to be progressively more wordly. I wouldn't be suprised if some the younger ones grow up to get tatoos and drink beer. 

I know these people love the bare feet but high heeled sandals in that much rain? Er, ew? Slimy feet and hazardous,  but maybe that’s just my personal preference.

Yeah, but no, not really with that dress, in October.

In Carlin’s instagram story it is so clear that she arranged the books very carefully so you can just read who sent it to her.

Do we think it is Jana Duggar? Or is she just teasing? 

Is Jana on instagram then? Or is Carlin thanking Jana where she won't see it? I think I must be getting old, as I don't see the need for a public photo of thanks, wouldn't a text message do??

Since Jana has access to her family’s Instagram account, she could see it there. She probably posts on the account for the family from time to time. Carlin probably thanked her through text but she just had to post it on Instagram so the whole world can see it and talk about it. 

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It is Jana Duggar. Her name is on the envelope (I circled it with my mediocre skills)

Hide contents

A522F643-5E74-4719-8151-9DF0B84B9281.thumb.jpeg.52623e0204fb237dbe8fa700eff78aa7.jpeg

You can also see Jana’s first name at the bottom of the pink and white note sent with the books. That was nice of her to think of Carlin. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

You can also see Jana’s first name at the bottom of the pink and white note sent with the books. That was nice of her to think of Carlin. 

Yes I think most people had seen that note but since it doesn’t have a last name It wasn’t for sure it was Jana Duggar (we don’t know if Carlin has another friend name Jana), and the envelope confirms it.

I agree it’s really nice of Jana. I dont know why but I didn’t think of Jana and Carlin being friends at all, not ones that send each other packages at least. 

I'm assuming Joy will be a bridesmaid for Carlin. Interesting to see how the cameras will handle that. Any one who knows the Bates better, who do you think will be Carlins MOH? Have any of the Bates had  ball room dancing at their wedding? That would be my next guess of their loosening modesty standards. 

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I'm assuming Joy will be a bridesmaid for Carlin. Interesting to see how the cameras will handle that. Any one who knows the Bates better, who do you think will be Carlins MOH? Have any of the Bates had  ball room dancing at their wedding? That would be my next guess of their loosening modesty standards. 

None of them have appeared to have had any dancing at their receptions so far. And I’d guess the cameras will handle it the same way they handled Michael’s wedding and how TLC handled Joy’s wedding - they’ll have Joy stand further away from the couple during the ceremony so she won’t be shown on camera too much and they’ll try to keep her more in the background for shots where she has to be included. 

I’m not sure who her MOH will be. I’d guess whichever sister she’s closest with. She’ll likely include at least one of Evan’s sisters somewhere in there too. 

True have Joy be the 1st bridesmaid that enters the church and ten bridesmaids later no one will notice her in the crowd at the alter. 

3 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Why can't Joy be noticed or seen?

Conflicting channels.

TLC will not show any of the Bates and UP will not show Duggars.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:14 PM, Snarkle said:

Katie's future husband needs to take her to the Ben & Jerry's factory or an ice cream parlor to propose.  Would fit her personality and what the whole family says she loves.  The younger siblings may grow more lowkey as time goes on (hopefully not more dramatic, but you never know).

I'm thinking Katies engagement will be more low key than Carlins and Josies. Just look at the whole purity ring gifting from Gil and Kelly. 

Carlin: Specially selected dress by Kelly with a bunch of flowers delivered to the house with an invitation to go to dinner at a fancy restaurant with KJ & G.

Katie: Picked out an outfit from her closet with her sisters who had received the purity rings most recently and went out to a burger style lunch with KJ & G. I can't even remember if there were flowers involved, but either way if her proposal is more low key it wouldn't surprise me.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:20 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

For sure, but there is something about these two in particular that screams "I am excited to have a wedding" rather than "I am excited to have a marriage" much more than others.

This is exactly the vibe I get from them. They're excited for the big wedding day, the all eyes on me as opposed to the day to day with that person after the glitter has been swept from the floor.

It happens outside of fundieland too, the difference outside of fundieland is that those marriages end in divorce. These two don't have that option. Their choice is that they have to stay with that person whether they like it or not

Carvan had a long Instagram live last night, people were asking questions about their wedding date and such. I was in bed so could only watch on silent, did anyone else watch? I'm curious if they gave a hint of the date or any other wedding details.

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Carvan had a long Instagram live last night, people were asking questions about their wedding date and such. I was in bed so could only watch on silent, did anyone else watch? I'm curious if they gave a hint of the date or any other wedding details.

She said there's no wedding date and nothing is planned. She's looking into venues and that's going to decide on everything else.

4 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

She said there's no wedding date and nothing is planned. She's looking into venues and that's going to decide on everything else.

How many different mega fundy churches does she have to choose from in the area??

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

How many different mega fundy churches does she have to choose from in the area??

Considering Josie had a very pretty outdoor wedding, I don't actually think Carlin is up for the plain mega church thing. I think she wants an Instagrammy venue that will produce beautiful pictures.

Just now, OyToTheVey said:

Considering Josie had a very pretty outdoor wedding, I don't actually think Carlin is up for the plain mega church thing. I think she wants an Instagrammy venue that will produce beautiful pictures.

So if we think she wants outdoors-- this weddingpaloozza isn't happening till spring! April at earliest? We could have 6 entire months of peak Bridezilla.

@HereticHick 6 months of Bridezilla is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much wedding stuff for me. I've never been to TN. How cold does it actually get? The girl did go to Maine for a specific lighthouse for engagement pictures. She really doesn't strike me as the type that will be ok with ice cream in the parking lot or cake and punch in some church basement.

PS: She also said they're not in any hurry to get married. I'm not sure how much word I'll believe but engaged for a month and no venue? They're gonna take their time.

The Bates live about 20 miles from Oak Ridge, so this should be a close enough approximation. 

image.png.5d2ecb7c341f27db32e82c5f88aaf4c4.png

I am sure there are hotel ball room type venues that would be gorgeous in December. We got married at the Marriott in December. It was beautiful, Christmas trees everywhere. Historical homes and mansions as well. A plantation, maybe because hey the Bates don't care. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived