IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

On 10/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

I'm assuming Joy will be a bridesmaid for Carlin. Interesting to see how the cameras will handle that. Any one who knows the Bates better, who do you think will be Carlins MOH? Have any of the Bates had  ball room dancing at their wedding? That would be my next guess of their loosening modesty standards. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if CarVan had a first dance to an original Lawson Bates song.

My predictions for the wedding party are as follows:

Bridesmaids: Tori Smith (MOH), Josie Balka, Katie Bates, Whitney Bates, Joy-Anna Forsyth, Erin Paine, Kailyn Stewart, Maegan Stewart

Flower Girls: Brenna Randolph, Blaire Randolph (Evan’s nieces)

Groomsman: Ethan Stewart (Best Man), Kelton Balka, Lawson Bates, Trace Bates, Bobby Smith, three unknown friends/Stewart brothers-in-law

Ring Bearers: Judson Bates, Jeb Bates

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My CarVan wedding predictions:

Some ridiculously cutsey "girl's weekend" with mani-pedis, facials, plastic crown & sash for the bride, and CarVan yawping about "her tribe" and how much she loooooves them.

Carlin will start posting daily about how in X number of days she will marry her best friend, y'all.

Evan and his fellow dudebros will wear matching crazy socks. Oh, look how edgy they are!

Maegan Stewart will wear a shit-ton of cosmetics during the ceremony, but it will be nothing compared to her mama.

There will be a horse and carriage.

18 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am sure there are hotel ball room type venues that would be gorgeous in December. We got married at the Marriott in December. It was beautiful, Christmas trees everywhere. Historical homes and mansions as well. A plantation, maybe because hey the Bates don't care. 

I think it's pretty unfair to impute the history of the venue to the present-day people renting the venue.  There are very zero historic venues south of the Mason-Dixon without some slavery association.  

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

I think it's pretty unfair to impute the history of the venue to the present-day people renting the venue.  There are very zero historic venues south of the Mason-Dixon without some slavery association.  

The Bates live in the foothills of the Appalachians in East Tennesse. Not a huge slavery area, historically.  

How about this place, about 10 miles from the Bates? Its got a ridulous faux tower thing that looks right up Carlin's alley: https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-kincaid-house-clinton/9c1dbc6e8cd513ff.html

Although, actually, I'd give Carlin lots of props if she gets married at Dollywood: https://www.theknot.com/marketplace/dollywoods-dreammore-resort-and-spa-pigeon-forge-tn-974548

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The Bates live in the foothills of the Appalachians in East Tennesse. Not a huge slavery area, historically.  

No, it's not.  There were actually many abolitionists in the eastern part of TN.  However, during slavery's heyday, the enslaved population of East Tennessee still hovered around 10%.  The point is, while Carlin may very well be a huge racist, I don't think it's fair to imply everyone who hosts an event at a former plantation home is, and I think that was the implication in the post.  If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

Just now, QuiverDance said:

No, it's not.  There were actually many abolitionists in the eastern part of TN.  However, during slavery's heyday, the enslaved population of East Tennessee still hovered around 10%.  The point is, while Carlin may very well be a huge racist, I don't think it's fair to imply everyone who hosts an event at a former plantation home is, and I think that was the implication in the post.  If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

No, I totally agree with you on that.

And you know what I want at Carlin's wedding more than anything??? 

Yodeling.

These real venues cost real money, y'all. They also have capacity limits that are well below fundie style weddings. I don't see Gil paying for these pricier venues for Carlin's perfect instagram shot. Carlin also doesn't strike me as an outdoorsy kind of girl... but I do see her *needing* to one up Josie and her mountainesque backdrop solely for the social media likes. 

Josie had a "different" wedding by fundie standards, but outdoors isn't that expensive. The state park costs $50 for the field and $350 for the recreation building/kitchen for the entire day. https://tnstateparks.com/assets/pdf/additional-content/cove-lake_venues-2018.pdf

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

These real venues cost real money, y'all. They also have capacity limits that are well below fundie style weddings. I don't see Gil paying for these pricier venues for Carlin's perfect instagram shot. Carlin also doesn't strike me as an outdoorsy kind of girl... but I do see her *needing* to one up Josie and her mountainesque backdrop solely for the social media likes. 

Josie had a "different" wedding by fundie standards, but outdoors isn't that expensive. The state park costs $50 for the field and $350 for the recreation building/kitchen for the entire day. https://tnstateparks.com/assets/pdf/additional-content/cove-lake_venues-2018.pdf

Kelly and Gil stated on the show when Michael was engaged that they pay X amount for the wedding of each child (or just the daughters?) and the rest of whatever costs there are is the responsibility of the couple getting married. So some of the couples might opt to add in more of their own money in order to have the wedding they actually want. I don’t think that’d translate to super pricey venues or anything, but it’s possible Carlin and Evan might decide it’s worth it to put some of their own money (or extra money) towards the wedding. 

I'd love to know what $$ CarVan actually have. Is Carlin the daughter who got "paid" for "teaching" her younger siblings?

Of course we don't know how her Crown college & online courses are being paid for.  Unlike her sisters, I don't recall that she's earned money outside of her family and the UP channel.

And we've never figured out what Evan is actually doing now-- he may be doing electrical classes full time.

Nevertheless: Yodeling at Dollywood--that is my dream CarVan wedding.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'd love to know what $$ CarVan actually have. Is Carlin the daughter who got "paid" for "teaching" her younger siblings?

Of course we don't know how her Crown college & online courses are being paid for.  Unlike her sisters, I don't recall that she's earned money outside of her family and the UP channel.

And we've never figured out what Evan is actually doing now-- he may be doing electrical classes full time.

Nevertheless: Yodeling at Dollywood--that is my dream CarVan wedding.

Tori was the one educating her siblings. I’m pretty sure they mentioned recently that Carlin has been teaching piano lessons. 

And I absolutely need a video of Carlin yodeling a song as Gil walks her down the aisle now. :pb_lol:

Dollywood could actually be a pretty cool wedding venue, but there are so many beautiful places to get married in that area.  I don't know if it is possible, but I think it would be so beautiful to have a wedding in one of the little churches in Cades Cove in the GSMNP.  Cades Cove is one of the most beautiful places in the whole world as far as I'm concerned.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, Casserole said:

My daughter and her fiancee are hoping to snag a 4H camp that hosts wine and bluegrass festivals (and weddings) during their off season. They would get lots of buildings for folks to sleep in, and outdoor areas for a ceremony and a campfire. Price is less than $1000 for an overnight. Crazy cheap. 

I wonder if Carlin might talk to the woman that organised Zachneys vowl renewal? She seemed really professional and from what I have seen did a great job. This could be totally Carlin‘s style - hello pinterest!!!!- just with a more modest dress. It could even out-do Josie’s wedding in terms of how great it will look on pictures (which I feel is very important for Carlin and Evan).

I just looked up Dollywood weddings and they have a whole wedding venue that looks really nice. UP needs to make this happen!

On 10/25/2018 at 4:53 PM, llucie said:

Carlin is visiting friend Joy-Anna Forsyth at the moment. 

tumblr_ph66m6MWeR1qet7nn_1280.pngtumblr_ph66m81YLU1qet7nn_1280.pngtumblr_ph66m9Kea31qet7nn_1280.png

That last one is the face of a kid that knows he's merely an accessory in the current photo ?

There's a photo on Carlin's story of her, Joy and Jana going shopping for wedding dresses at somewhere called David's bridal.

Hopefully someone here can tell me where that is!

10 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

There's a photo on Carlin's story of her, Joy and Jana going shopping for wedding dresses at somewhere called David's bridal.

David’s Bridal is a huge chain in the U.S. They’re everywhere!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

David’s Bridal is a huge chain in the U.S. They’re everywhere!

I didn't even know bridal stores had chains!

In the US, it can be hard to find affordable dresses outside of David's Bridal. Sometimes they are the bridal store that's available. My "back-up dress" would have been from David's Bridal.  My sister set up an appointment at a small independent store that had affordable dresses, and I found my dream dress. 

I think David's Bridal has some beautiful dresses. Their customer service is sometimes inconsistent. 

13 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

That’s where I bought my wedding dress a few years ago. I went with my mom, tried on five dresses in 30 minutes, picked the second dress I tried, and spent the rest of the appointment talking about Game of Thrones with the consultants working that morning. Best. Dress. Shopping. Ever. :pb_lol:

David’s Bridal dresses tend to be more reasonably priced than other places can be, though experiences will obviously vary since it’s a chain. Same with customer service as @Pecansforeveryonementioned. It can be a really great option for a lot of couples though. 

My sister had bridesmaids living in a few different states and let us all pick our own dresses from 5 or so styles she selected. Using David's Bridal allowed us all to stop in the store, try on the five dresses, choose one, and get measured. They then ordered them all together so they'd be from the same bolt of fabric to ensure the dresses matched. As far as pricing goes, for a bridesmaid dress, it was about average to other bridesmaid dresses I've gotten elsewhere, but there was definitely a convenience factor to a chain store when coordinating 10 bridesmaids all over the place. 

Here's the picture in question:

Screenshot_20181027-203252_Instagram.thumb.jpg.86219ca66cc795a7ea45034c22c39d3d.jpg

Do we think Jana is a bridesmaid, or is she just tagging along for some girl time?

My wedding dress came from David's Bridal, as well as my bridesmaids' dresses. I had a great experience and my dress was well under my budget which was awesome! There's also a convenience factor in that if your wedding party is scattered location-wise, they will most likely all have a David's Bridal somewhat nearby. If you want all your bridesmaids in the same or very similar dresses, they can visit the nearest DB to shop and take pictures.

For bridesmaid dresses, David's Bridal has a huge convience factor. Both my sister and I bought our bridesmaid dresses there. I had just two bridesmaids. She had three. If you have a larger party, the convienance factor might be the deciding one. 

At least Jana is getting to hang out with some "adults." I hope she isn't a bridesmaid again. How awful to stand up in a million (estimated) weddings where the bride is a teenager (or barely out of the teens).

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived