IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

I have nothing to add except this: If Evan doesn’t throw at least one tantrum - on the show or online - while wedding planning then I will be seriously disappointed. 

Also, those photos are fantastic. Josie’s were great too, but I love the ocean and New England, so these (unfortunately) speak to me.

(Now get the fuck out of my region CarVan!)

12 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

No guys; obviously they'll get married on Valentine's Day so then everybody will be forced to endlessly celebrate their magical love. And all those "I love you day" events will forever be focused on them. 

She is ridiculously smug in the video. I agree with all the comments about these proposals not being a surprise. Both sets of parents, a film crew and aprofessional photographer are coming with you on a run of the mill surprise vacation and you expect nothing more than your donut breakfast? Sure. Super convincing. 

Michael and Alyssa are the only ones I could see being an actual surprise. Michael thought she was surprising Brandon by flying out to DC to see him and she genuinely seemed shocked when she realized the scavenger hunt was going to end in a proposal. And Alyssa had to travel to Florida to see John anyways, so it probably was a genuine surprise when he proposed before dinner at Disney one night.

(And just a side note prompted by the overall comments, but there’s nothing wrong with not wanting/being surprised by the proposal. Some people don’t handle surprises well and like to be prepared ahead of time. Other people get really stressed over planning the proposal and want to include their partner in order to ease some of that stress (hi Mr. Raptor!) I personally have a feeling that the Bates women are just glad to be getting out of their parent’s house and don’t really care too much whether it’s a surprise or not. Can’t say I blame them either. I’d be just as eager as Carlin if I was living with her family too.)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Carlin say she wanted a January wedding earlier this year? She has pretty much perfect timing for that. Evan must've known that when he proposed. 

23 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

I just want whoever Katie's future boy is or one of the sons just to drop down on one knee one day in the front yard and propose after a normal day of running errands. 

Katie's future husband needs to take her to the Ben & Jerry's factory or an ice cream parlor to propose.  Would fit her personality and what the whole family says she loves.  The younger siblings may grow more lowkey as time goes on (hopefully not more dramatic, but you never know).

17 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Seriously gorgeous pictures!

07b0f0f0-9116-447f-9f4a-8c356a2131ae-092318_-_Carlin__Evan_-_engaged-6.jpg

38d6eaea-486b-48ca-960e-590c6b754f02-UP_-_Carlin__Evan_-_engaged-2.jpg

Whatever you may think of them, they did luck onto an absolutely exquisite sunset, and seem to have hired a photography team with a really good eye for staging, framing, and focus. Much better than the photographer they keep picking for their baby photos.

(Seriously, why all the blur and the uncanny valley babies, Taryn?!)

3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Whatever you may think of them, they did luck onto an absolutely exquisite sunset, and seem to have hired a photography team with a really good eye for staging, framing, and focus.

I don't think much of them, but can appreciate the gorgeous photos and absence of duck faces.

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I will say this: I really really like her ring!

Agreed. It's my favorite of all the fundie rings lol

12 hours ago, Snarkle said:

Katie's future husband needs to take her to the Ben & Jerry's factory or an ice cream parlor to propose.  Would fit her personality and what the whole family says she loves.  The younger siblings may grow more lowkey as time goes on (hopefully not more dramatic, but you never know).

Ice cream parlor, yes. Ben and Jerry’s, wayyy too liberal for the Bates.

9 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Given how well her dress matches the colours of the roofs in the pictures, there's no way that wasn't planned ahead of time.

I would be a 100% on your side- but those two have been dressing perfectly and documenting it for every time they saw each other. The hundreds of photos they took over their courtship were always like that. Clothes that go well together and fit perfectly into their surroundings. 

They are the only couple were I think a surprise was even doable as they already take so many staged and over the top photos. But the trip itself probably has been a dead giveaway.

I wonder if Evan has realised that his trip will be seen as „second place“ after Kelton. No matter if it was truly Evan who came up with it (not like Kelton). But the Utha background is just a bit more hipster/pinteresty/hip right now.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:12 PM, Kangaroo said:

I'm going to go with January 5th for the wedding:

I agree, she made a comment in one of the lives how so many in the family have gotten married before their last semester of college

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Agreed. It's my favorite of all the fundie rings lol

I love her ring too. I may be biased though because I have a halo style engagement ring too.

Is she the only Bates or Duggar girl with a halo style ring? 

I am glad its not the same solitaire style every fundie girl gets, not that there is anything wrong with a stunning classic solitaire. 

I think she is @BunnyBee  The others tend to have Solitare ( I think?)

Also, I just read an article by the photographer 

Carlin Bates and Evan Stewart Engaged! | Maine Wedding Photographers (A piece of the article). So he had this planned for a while.

These two are amazingly sweet and so loving! I don’t think Dean and I have ever met a couple so thrilled to be up, well before sunrise, on a chilly 43 degree day, to have their photos taken. Carlin rocked it in her short sleeve dress, no complaints about the cold morning from either of them! They brought along Carlins father and Evan’s parents to see the park and hopefully the brilliant sunrise and lobster boats heading out for a day of hauling traps didn’t disappoint! I don’t think I’ve seen a more happy dad than Carlin’s father, Gil - he was happily snapping cell images and videos to show Kelly the scenery and session when he got back to the hotel.

We loved hearing all about the surprise proposal that happened the night before inside the park with Evan planning an entire day, no, an entire WEEKEND for Carlin. He was beaming while recounting the story to us of trying to keep the ring and plans a secret the whole time! Carlin and Evan, along with their family, met up in Nashville and flew up on Friday morning and the whole time Carlin had no idea where they were going or what was about to happen. Upon landing, they spent Friday touring southern Maine and on Saturday had an amazing day planned with bike riding around Portland, picnic lunch, followed by a rose petal covered overlook inside Fort Williams Park where there were musicians playing! Evan recited a poem and dropped to one knee proposing to Carlin!

I don’t think Dean and I have ever met a couple so thrilled to be up, well before sunrise, on a chilly 43 degree day, to have their photos taken.

Well, now you've met the Zoolanders. 

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

I think she is @BunnyBee  The others tend to have Solitare ( I think?)

Also, I just read an article by the photographer 

Carlin Bates and Evan Stewart Engaged! | Maine Wedding Photographers (A piece of the article). So he had this planned for a while.

You know, that's a good point. They're in Maine. That's the East Coast. Those pictures make much more sense as sunrise photos than sunset photos. But brr!

On 9/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, SorenaJ said:

I'm guessing a Saturday 29 December wedding. 

I think so too. I think she wouldn't want to wait until next year to have her wedding after Josie, so it will at least be the same year. But who knows! Congrats to both of them, the ring and the scenery are gorgeous!

On 9/26/2018 at 9:58 AM, BunnyBee said:

I love her ring too. I may be biased though because I have a halo style engagement ring too.

Is she the only Bates or Duggar girl with a halo style ring? 

I am glad its not the same solitaire style every fundie girl gets, not that there is anything wrong with a stunning classic solitaire. 

the DuggarData tumblr has a good summary of the rings somewhere! lol. Abbie almost-Duggar has a solitaire with halo, I believe. The other married Duggars have solitaires, and the other Bates are solitaires or 3-stone/sidestone designs.

"Carlin had no idea where they were going or what was about to happen. "

Right.

And Judge Brett Kavanaugh isn't a mean drunk.

I don't expect this wedding itself to be a hot mess - Carlin's got style - but the lead-up to it? expecting full-on cringey AF, lol. allllll the big, loud, OH MY GODs ?dragged out of episodes on episodes of BuB droll. haha. 

I forsee a Jessa-Seewald-ish dress with sparkle but clean lines, twirly not poofy. Bridesmaids in crimson. Dusky pinks or purples as accent colors. Big white church wedding. At least 10 per side in the wedding party (at *least* Erin, Alyssa, Whit, Michael, Tori, Josie, Katie, Joy Forsyth, Kaylin Stewart, Ethan Stewart, Lawson, Trace, Evan's other BILs.....) and Evan's whole gaggle of nieces as flower girls. 

Jokes aside, I feel like these two are going to have one of the biggest crashes back down to earth once the wedding is over and the honeymoon glow has worn off. It won't be like this forever - eventually they will be like any other married couple in their circle - dealing with a budget, possibly being pregnant/dealing with kids,doing chores, getting on each others nerves, sleep exhaustion etc. I wonder if they will be mature enough to actually make it work or once the novelty of having sex has worn off, they will look as miserable as Joy and Austin do now.

9 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Jokes aside, I feel like these two are going to have one of the biggest crashes back down to earth once the wedding is over and the honeymoon glow has worn off. It won't be like this forever - eventually they will be like any other married couple in their circle - dealing with a budget, possibly being pregnant/dealing with kids,doing chores, getting on each others nerves, sleep exhaustion etc. I wonder if they will be mature enough to actually make it work or once the novelty of having sex has worn off, they will look as miserable as Joy and Austin do now.

I think this is always a risk with young marriages regardless of how mature and ready they are, it is very hard to understand just how hard regular life can be as a married couple. I am not saying this never happens with older couples but having less life experience in general will make this more common and harder to deal with. 

For sure, but there is something about these two in particular that screams "I am excited to have a wedding" rather than "I am excited to have a marriage" much more than others.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived