IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So who can get engaged in January to rub the bloom off her decaying rose?!

Lawson getting engaged would make everything about her relationship nothing but background noise.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Lawson getting engaged would make everything about her relationship nothing but background noise.

Lawson getting engaged, with a wedding in like March. Throw in a couple of pregnancy announcements in there. 

59 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

We need a 'ded' reaction because hooooly shit.

Highly likely events that will occur in the leadup to Carlin's wedding:

Lawson annouces his courtship and engagement. His future wife is a Christian instagrammer with more followers than any other Bates, that sings and plays the piano at a level even FJers consider extremely good. She's recently returned from a 6 month mission trip and has selfies with over 100 different children she's helped to "save". She's the youngest of 10, but the only daughter, so the wedding is bigger than anything we've seen, because she's Daddy's Princess.

Not long after this, Whitney, Erin and Alyssa announce they're all pregnant and find out they're all due within days of each other. All are in the wedding party and have visible bumps the ceremony.

Shortly before the wedding, Josie is suddenly admitted to hospital and the whole family rushes to be by her side. It turns out she okay, but is pregnant, but it's twins! Her morning sickness means she has to dramatically run out during the first kiss.

Finally, at the rehearsal, Michael and Brandon get a phone call. It's an adoption agency, and they have been chosen to adopt identical triplets from a single unwed mother who wants a good Christian couple to raise her children. The rest of the family rejoices at Michael's miracle triplets so much that they completely forget what's meant to be happening at the ceremony the next day. Gil publically annouces this news during the ceremony.

As Carlin is about to walk into the church, her many nieces and nephews walk down in front of her. At least one throws an incredible tantrum due to a lack of sleep, causing another to cry because the other is crying. Chaos rains supreme as people rush to scoop up screaming toddlers. The rose petals are unfortunately not scattered but are simply a lump on the floor.

Finally, as Evan yodels his vows to Carlin, the microphone makes that horrible noise that microphone makes and causes him to swear in front of everyone. W highly censored version makes it to screen, but the look Gil gives Evan every time they meet from then onwards is enough to know how he really feels about him.

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So who can get engaged in January to rub the bloom off her decaying rose?!

Haha, this!  Carlin is lucky that there's no (public) relationships around her.  The last few Bates weddings have all been held in the knowledge there's another one on the way, so it also made sense to keep the engagements short, so the next one doesn't have to wait too long - but Carlin is relatively lucky in that she can have a relaxed pace for hers, without knowing someone is waiting for hers to be done...  until...

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This would be hilarious!

(Though I do feel for Carlin.  She's hilarious, with her constant attention grabs - but let's face it, it will have been so hard for any of those kids to get proper attention in that family, so it's the only way she knows.  I feel for the introverts in these mega-families, but I also feel for the extroverts - all of them would have done so much better in a smaller family, with the opportunity to have education and do activities in their teens that would have allowed them their own interests outside the family etc etc.  Carlin isn't really allowed to do anything more than present a happy, perfect-Fundy life on TV and social media, so I can't criticise her too much for being so extra about it.  I just wish she had more options in her life)

Oh Carlin, trust me...ain't no one else camping out in front of the douche store for a special deal on that. He's all yours.

I know I'm way too early, but, based on Carlin's courting behavior, I can see her announcing a pregnancy (after she's married, of course- I know it wouldn't happen before) by posting a picture of herself and Evan holding a pregnancy test as soon as it registered positive. It would rival Jill Duggar's first pregnancy for the longest pregnancy ever!

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Well..

Does it strike anyone else that they probably didn't have a chaperone with them for this shopping trip? Or if they did, that chaperone decided to just hang out at Jamba Juice and wait for them to finish up? Because "shopping ALL day" with these two sounds like absolute torture, and I don't really see a reason why they would have taken a mirror selfie if they'd had a chaperone with them.

52 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Does it strike anyone else that they probably didn't have a chaperone with them for this shopping trip? Or if they did, that chaperone decided to just hang out at Jamba Juice and wait for them to finish up? Because "shopping ALL day" with these two sounds like absolute torture, and I don't really see a reason why they would have taken a mirror selfie if they'd had a chaperone with them.

There's no way in hell either of those two could/would kiss without posting it on social media. Social media is their chaperone. 

That would actually make a good post count title 'Social Media is My Chaperone.'

I also love 'Camping out at the douche store,' from HH. I legit LOL'ed.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Nah. There are probably 50 small Bates ripping through the mall like guinea pigs on crack.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:01 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Oh and Carlin you are not a single person, you are in a relationship. 

I think that's actually kind of a cultural difference because I've noticed other conservative Christians phrase things the same way, where if you aren't married you're single. Obviously Carlin still thinks her relationship is important even though she isn't married yet, it's just that "single" means something slightly different to them.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I think that's actually kind of a cultural difference because I've noticed other conservative Christians phrase things the same way, where if you aren't married you're single. Obviously Carlin still thinks her relationship is important even though she isn't married yet, it's just that "single" means something slightly different to them.

I think it may be regional as well. I've seen it on Facebook some - friends posting about their "last single person day" and such before the wedding. Some having been with their partner living together and such for years. 

It’s also a legal thing. When you fill out forms, if you’re asked about your marital status, it’s usually either single, married, widowed or divorced. In the eyes of the law if you haven’t gotten married yet, you’re single. 

I doubt Carlin meant it that way though, just pointing it out

I'm gonna admit, I'm a bit jealous of Carlin(and Josie) they always look effortless. I'm currently at work in neon socks and my hair is in a bun probably still wet. Even when I try, I don't look effortless. 

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm gonna admit, I'm a bit jealous of Carlin(and Josie) they always look effortless. I'm currently at work in neon socks and my hair is in a bun probably still wet. Even when I try, I don't look effortless. 

Just remember - they’ve been trained for that. And they think that’s the way they need to be. ( Even if they enjoy it) You get to be at work supporting you. Carlin is finally waiting out her all about me engagement and probably still teaching her younger brothers. Meanwhile any number of siblings could court or get pregnant in the meantime. I wouldn’t put it past Lawson to go like JD and court marry and impregnate all by May.

And Josie, well, sure she might be at work looking effortless. But we don’t know how long that will last. And she’s going home to Kelton :ew:

You win. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

On 11/25/2018 at 10:51 PM, lexiloumarie said:

I think it may be regional as well. I've seen it on Facebook some - friends posting about their "last single person day" and such before the wedding. Some having been with their partner living together and such for years. 

It could be a generational or in general kinda conservative thing too--my parents are pretty liberal Catholics and the day before I got married last summer my dad asked me how my last day as a single person felt. I shot him the weirdest look and said I hadn't been single in years. Kind of a disconnect there. 

My dad is kinda conservative about sex and dating though--I remember when I was 19 he sat me down to tell me how important it was to only have sex with someone I was seriously considering marrying. I listened with a respectful look on my face while thinking "lol, that bus has left the station!" 

sizzling, smokin' hot sounds SUPER modest. I bet it will only draw attention to her godly countenance and no where else. It won't stir up righteous un-fulfillable desires in the men in attendance, either. What fucking hypocrites :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

sizzling, smokin' hot sounds SUPER modest. I bet it will only draw attention to her godly countenance and no where else. It won't stir up righteous un-fulfillable desires in the men in attendance, either. What fucking hypocrites :pb_rollseyes:

Agreed. Isn't the point of dressing modestly that you're NOT supposed to look "smokin' hot"??

Oh I kind of assumed it was one of the siblings using Kelly's phone and being "mom". 

I always type for my mum when she's driving or can't find her glasses or whatever. My brother usually ends up with some interesting messages. Like if he's asking for a lift home instead of saying "Yes" I'll say "Y to the E to the Seeeeeee you then!" 

Kelly may well have found her a dress, and Katie thought it was hilarious to use her mum's phone to have a good laughs with her mum and Carlin.

5 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Oh I kind of assumed it was one of the siblings using Kelly's phone and being "mom". 

I always type for my mum when she's driving or can't find her glasses or whatever. My brother usually ends up with some interesting messages. Like if he's asking for a lift home instead of saying "Yes" I'll say "Y to the E to the Seeeeeee you then!" 

Kelly may well have found her a dress, and Katie thought it was hilarious to use her mum's phone to have a good laughs with her mum and Carlin.

If that’s Kelly’s texting, she sounds a lot less middle aged woman than my mom! 

I do have a 20 year old coworker whose mom and dad comment things like “ow ow my little sex kitten” on her Facebook photos and it majorly creeps me out!!! 

19 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I don't think they look effortless. I think all the Bates' girls save Michael look teased, sprayed, madeup and manicured to death.

10 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don't think they look effortless. I think all the Bates' girls save Michael look teased, sprayed, madeup and manicured to death.

Agreed. I think they’re likely very quick at making themselves up at this point, but they don’t look “effortless” to me. They look as though they, along with Jinger Vuolo, put a great deal of effort into looking a certain way. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that if it’s a genuine interest and choice for them (which it appears to be for at least some of them), but given the emphasis placed on females always looking flawless in their culture I do find Michael and some of the other Duggar sisters - Jill or Joy for instance - a bit refreshing in comparison.

They unfortunately all likely believe the same crap regardless of how dressed up or down they look though. 

23 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Let's check back and see if they still look effortless after eleventy kids and living with Kelton, Evan, etc. Not to shame anyone, I only have 1 child and most days I am happy to leave the house without spit up on my blouse, forget makeup and styled hair ?

Just saying, getting dolled up is basically their job. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived