IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

On 10/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Here's the picture in question:

Screenshot_20181027-203252_Instagram.thumb.jpg.86219ca66cc795a7ea45034c22c39d3d.jpg

Do we think Jana is a bridesmaid, or is she just tagging along for some girl time?

My wedding dress came from David's Bridal, as well as my bridesmaids' dresses. I had a great experience and my dress was well under my budget which was awesome! There's also a convenience factor in that if your wedding party is scattered location-wise, they will most likely all have a David's Bridal somewhat nearby. If you want all your bridesmaids in the same or very similar dresses, they can visit the nearest DB to shop and take pictures.

I can't imagine Carlin actually getting her dress at an Arkansas David's Bridal since there's no way UP could have filmed it. (Not sure if the chain thing is an issue for film rights, but being surrounded by Duggars and not Bateses almost certainly would be a filming issue.) But picking one and then finding a way to get it to a shop where they *could* film? That's a possibility.

The "need" to film the dress choosing makes the whole process so weird. It's not like Say Yes tothe Dress, where the brides specifically go there to be filmed, this has been their lives for ages, and they basically *have* to film the final dress selection. So very very weird.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Carlin was using the opportunity to try on different styles with a supportive and positive cheerleading team so that she knows what she wants to aim for during her "official" (=paid by UP) shopping trip. She may also have wanted to try immodest gowns (showing her cleavage or arms, gasp!) without her parents around: I bet Jana can provide a good bellwether for her parents' probable level of approval or disapproval without the attached parental fundy body-shaming.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:01 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Probably they were getting Joy’s bridesmaid dress, not Carlin’s wedding gown.

My bet as well. Trying on different styles maybe?

Jana might be closer to Carlin than we know. After all, she sent Carlin that wedding planner thing. Maybe Jana and Joy got to go to Tennessee (but who would fly them now?).  Either way it is nice to see Jana with Joy. The naughty part of me wants to point out which sister I never see her with...

Anyway on a totally different tangent, David's Bridal could be in financial trouble. Another victim of Amazon? https://www.retaildive.com/news/davids-bridal-misses-debt-payment-setting-stage-for-restructuring/539915/

So... Carlin got a private account. It’s followed by Evan and Erin’s Friend Kelsey

i noticed that the user name says 525... my speculative mind wants to say it’s may 25th, and that will be their wedding date but idk.. seems like too far away

D40CBBEA-2370-4C7F-8C92-F7ECB6E54E6D.jpeg.45cff1544a77187b824ccb82ecacba66.jpeg

E9D395E3-76B3-4B6D-858A-27FD377920CF.jpeg.95ad0bc7f670da7ac7d814d24f5421ed.jpeg

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So... Carlin got a private account. It’s followed by Evan and Erin’s Friend Kelsey

i noticed that the user name says 525... my speculative mind wants to say it’s may 25th, and that will be their wedding date but idk.. seems like too far away

I think you're onto something. It does seem too far away, but they had a long courtship so maybe they're having a long engagement for the same reason (I don't follow them closely enough so I'm not sure what the reason might be). Wasn't there a rumour that they were getting married in May? And May 25th is a Saturday...

Ooh sneaky Carlin.  Alyssa did this for awhile too.  Two accounts, one public, one private. I wonder what made her finally decide not to be so out there.  

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Ooh sneaky Carlin.  Alyssa did this for awhile too.  Two accounts, one public, one private. I wonder what made her finally decide not to be so out there.  

Alyssa still has her private account, so she’s still doing it. John has a private 2nd account as well

905CCF9E-53B6-432A-8D1F-0B31C7376E8A.jpeg.475dc50bf948e36a991c0390b9f9047b.jpeg

I do wonder why Carlin got a private one, she seems like the person who loves to share everything going on in her life

Maybe she got it so she can post about wedding stuff without it being out there to “spoil” the show?

I think both Alyssa and Carlin got it for the same reason, to keep contact with family and friends. In their public instagram they recive so many messages i doubt they even read them all, and i could be easy to miss a friends post etc. And you know maybe they want to comment something to a friend that they dont want everyone to read and snark on.

Also i like the theory of 525 being the wedding date. Alyssa has 524 on her private account and she did marry a 24 of may!

22 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think you're onto something. It does seem too far away, but they had a long courtship so maybe they're having a long engagement for the same reason (I don't follow them closely enough so I'm not sure what the reason might be). Wasn't there a rumour that they were getting married in May? And May 25th is a Saturday...

I agree. I just checked to see if 525 is an area code--and no, it isn't one in the US or Canada--only Mexico City.  [and no, they aren't getting married there]

So, am I correct in thinking that Carlin went to a wedding this weekend without her darling Evan? That must have been super disappointing. He makes such a good accessory to her outfits.

I was thinking it is funny that Alyssa uses 524 and Carlin uses the number after (525).

But if May 24th was Alyssa's wedding day it might actually make sense.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I was thinking it is funny that Alyssa uses 524 and Carlin uses the number after (525).

But if May 24th was Alyssa's wedding day it might actually make sense.

525 is the eventual # of Bateseses grandbabies.

525 is the number of selfies that Lawson takes in a year.

525 is the # of inspirational signs that CarVan will receive as wedding gifts.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:36 AM, VBOY9977 said:

These idiots annoy me just looking at them. I just want to take the time to say they look like total douchecanoes in 99% of the pics they take. They take the cake in this new profile pic. I hate the fundie zoolander stare and carlin's version of a duck face. Every  time I torture myself to "lets see what these idiots are up too", that's exactly what i think to myself, then I hear the Seinfield line in my head "Can't stand ya" (Castanza). I dislike all the fundies for their beliefs but tolerate them for my own snarking pleasure. There is just something so dislikable about these two idiots that just makes me utterly dislike them. Their mere faces piss me off lol.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

525 is the number of selfies that Lawson takes in a year.

You're joking right? No way he takes less than that in a week.

Did she finish Clown College? If she's not done or dropped out yet, the semester isn't over until May 11th and they have that weird rule about not getting married during the semester. 

Edit: Wait she switched to Liberty online, didn't she? I can't keep track. Forget that date, then. 

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

Did she finish Clown College? If she's not done or dropped out yet, the semester isn't over until May 11th and they have that weird rule about not getting married during the semester. 

Edit: Wait she switched to Liberty online, didn't she? I can't keep track. Forget that date, then. 

I predict that Carlin will graduate on the 525th Day of Never. No way can she be a bridezilla and pretend college student at the same time.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived