IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Tori looks sooo much like their mom! I also think the height difference is a bit striking in that photo of the guys. Never noticed the large difference before. 

There was a bride on the German version of "Say Yes to the Dress" yesterday that reminded me a lot of Carlin. She chose an awesome dress, which we will sadly never see on a fundie bride (because boobs and backless), but still, I had to share it:

image.thumb.png.7dcc06608da36258c1825530cd5846bf.png

Spoiler

image.png.345e569adfc38a577903fa5dc3eae096.png

Spoiler

image.png.4329ad0285e0085c58ed56e4564ebab8.png

Spoiler

image.png.759617261ca6ab78ee0b3ab2a34e8d7c.png

On 11/7/2018 at 1:26 PM, squiddysquid said:

What kind of degree does that get you? Bachelor of random subjects?

At the university where I work it means that the student kind of focuses on multiple fields they want to study rather than just one (but it's not a double major). Like if they are really interested in historical sociology they would do history and sociology but not complete a major in one or the other and kind of make their own curriculum. They have to submit a proposal for their path of study and have it approved by the provost's office. It's always a BA where I am.

I'm skeptical as to whether Carlin's is that planned out, since it would be super rare to do that with one of the subjects being music. My guess is they're letting her take a certain number of credits in multiple subjects and calling it a degree when it hits the required number.

To me general studies or interdisciplinary studies is a way to take a ton of introductory courses in a variety of fields. You’ll never have to take an upper level course. At least that’s the way it was viewed at my university. 

Where I went to school, there was no such thing; you had to pick a specific major by sophomore year or work with an advisor and jump through a ton of hoops to design one if you had something very, very specialized in mind. I've also heard the stereotype (not sure how true it is, because again, my school didn't have a catch-all "General Studies") that a BA in General Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies was what you got if you were good at throwing a ball real good and not much else. 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:29 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Where I went to school, there was no such thing; you had to pick a specific major by sophomore year or work with an advisor and jump through a ton of hoops to design one if you had something very, very specialized in mind. I've also heard the stereotype (not sure how true it is, because again, my school didn't have a catch-all "General Studies") that a BA in General Studies/Interdisciplinary Studies was what you got if you were good at throwing a ball real good and not much else. 

I think there is some true in that in the sense that i dont think Carlin is a good student/ she doesnt seem to take her studies too seriously. The transfer to liberty to have more time to help at the home feels like an excuse, especially now that we know she will not marry till spring anyway. So she had time to finish at crown before marrying...

Maybe she failed some subject, or maybe she was just tired of attending classes. In the end is not like she was going to do anything with the degree so i kind of understand her to be honest.

6 minutes ago, llucie said:

I think there is some true in that in the sense that i dont think Carlin is a good student/ she doesnt seem to take her studies too seriously. The transfer to liberty to have more time to help at the home feels like an excuse, especially now that we know she will not marry till spring anyway. So she had time to finish at crown before marrying...

Maybe she failed some subject, or maybe she was just tired of attending classes. In the end is not like she was going to do anything with the degree so i kind of understand her to be honest.

Who was the professor of the SOTDRT at the Bateseses?  One of the girls or did Kelly home school them herself?

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who was the professor of the SOTDRT at the Bateseses?  One of the girls or did Kelly home school them herself?

KJ started off stuff, then I think they've said Michael picked up some, until she got married and by then Tori was grown and finding her interest in education, and now Carlin's stuck with it as the oldest at home

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Carlin reminded us once again she is getting married soon ?‍♀️

Thanks for keeping us up to date in various threads. I will admit I am guilty of saving this thread for last- and they did not disappoint. Wonder if the rest of her family also secretly giggle about their poses and Evan‘s faces? Does he practice them or does it come just naturally?

Evan looks like he practices his poses. I believe he is thinking “ I am such a strong manly man thinking deep manly man thoughts and Carlin is lucky to be with me “. 

His stream on IG shows them once again in Wal-Mart.  He is constantly filming himself at Wal-Mart.  And I don't know why this irritates me so much except that it does.  Oh once again, Fundie Zoolander is filming himself at Wal-Mart. 

How is it that everything these two post is soo cringeworthy? Evan's face here looks more constipated than anything else. Why keep doing the pouty face? I dont understand how they can look at their pics and think 'oh yes this makes me look like such a macho manly man I better keep doing this face.'

11 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Oh dear god. Why the fuck does this look like a movie poster for a crappy Nicholas Sparks movie? :pb_lol:

A3C0599C-998F-4F0C-A723-467C6760492D.thumb.jpeg.17a0e275a86cd9628ee17802e4aa66c0.jpeg

ETA: And just because...

Spoiler

660943E0-0E80-4CE1-AA42-8A5096B300F7.thumb.jpeg.afb629c41067a27c350b312a78f43ee3.jpeg

I'm revising my honeymoon prediction to Paris, with the added bonus of DiSNEYLAND PARIS.

It will be so very extra.  

12 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Evan looks like he practices his poses. I believe he is thinking “ I am such a strong manly man thinking deep manly man thoughts and Carlin is lucky to be with me “. 

I am laughing my head off at this but OMG, it's actually true!

17 hours ago, miss_batson said:

They are both so ducking.... douche canoeish. Omg I wanna reach through my phone and slap them. Carlin you stupid ducking duck face looks like you are sniffing his fart. His face looks like he is proud of the one he let rip. These two are like a car wreck I hate myself for looking at. I hate myself for looking at them, their faces make me ragey. 

*i may or may not be extra pms ragey today. 

17 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Oh and Carlin you are not a single person, you are in a relationship. 

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm revising my honeymoon prediction to Paris, with the added bonus of DiSNEYLAND PARIS.

It will be so very extra.  

Fundie Zoolander goes to the Eiffel Tower. Mon dieu!

I can definitely imagine Carlin waiting until May to get married. Not because she cares so much about school. But because she gets to be the center of attention for longer. Since Josie got married, she’s the only one in the family that is a bride to be. I bet she will take forever to pick out her wedding gown. She will make multiple trips with everyone oooohing and ahhhhhing over her. She will talk endlessly about her wedding planning. She will take many pictures at each activity. Flower shopping, cake tasting, tux fittings. They will be documented with more pictures of blue steel and duck face.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can definitely imagine Carlin waiting until May to get married. Not because she cares so much about school. But because she gets to be the center of attention for longer. Since Josie got married, she’s the only one in the family that is a bride to be. I bet she will take forever to pick out her wedding gown. She will make multiple trips with everyone oooohing and ahhhhhing over her. She will talk endlessly about her wedding planning. She will take many pictures at each activity. Flower shopping, cake tasting, tux fittings. They will be documented with more pictures of blue steel and duck face.

So who can get engaged in January to rub the bloom off her decaying rose?!

On 11/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, VelociRapture said:

Oh dear god. Why the fuck does this look like a movie poster for a crappy Nicholas Sparks movie? :pb_lol:

A3C0599C-998F-4F0C-A723-467C6760492D.thumb.jpeg.17a0e275a86cd9628ee17802e4aa66c0.jpeg

ETA: And just because...

Reveal hidden contents

660943E0-0E80-4CE1-AA42-8A5096B300F7.thumb.jpeg.afb629c41067a27c350b312a78f43ee3.jpeg

Haha it made me think of Mills and Boon books! Coming soon to an instagram near you....

20181125_134627.jpg

And this pearler that I found along the way LMAO 

mb2.jpg

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived