IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Was the proposal on Thursday's episode? I haven't been able to watch it yet because Amazon hasn't made it available.

Not exactly. It’s a two-part episode and they’ve only shown the planning and the surprise trip reveal. The actual proposal will be next week.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2018 at 8:21 PM, eleanora3 said:

Do we know any wedding details yet? I know Tori's wedding theme and colors were released beforehand.

I'm hoping for a combination hairdressing and plumbing motif.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm hoping for a combination hairdressing and plumbing motif.

Not sure how “hair-clogged-drains” works as a wedding theme/motif but it is the only crossover I can come up with....  ?

33 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Not sure how “hair-clogged-drains” works as a wedding theme/motif but it is the only crossover I can come up with....  ?

How about a hair bow theme for decor, a toilet for collecting honeymoon donations, and faucets to dispense salad dressing and soda?

So Josie will be married very shortly.  I don't know the exact date but its October so sometime in the few weeks. I guess sometime in the next 39 days.  (If she gets married on Halloween).  And she could be pregnant by November/December.  And she still looks like she should be babysitting my kids. 

6 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So Josie will be married very shortly.  I don't know the exact date but its October so sometime in the few weeks. I guess sometime in the next 39 days.  (If she gets married on Halloween).  And she could be pregnant by November/December.  And she still looks like she should be babysitting my kids. 

I think they said October 6.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:21 PM, eleanora3 said:

Do we know any wedding details yet? I know Tori's wedding theme and colors were released beforehand.

Someone asked Josie on a recent facebook live if she could tell us her wedding colors, but she said it is kinda hard to explain so I guess we have to wait until official pictures of the wedding come out to see them. 

4 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Someone asked Josie on a recent facebook live if she could tell us her wedding colors, but she said it is kinda hard to explain so I guess we have to wait until official pictures of the wedding come out to see them. 

I wonder if we'll see a color "grouping" like Jinger did, or maybe some metallic tints. that'd be fun.

I predict Josie’s wedding will be the most “Pinterest-y” yet. I’m visualizing a lot of boho chic. (I love her style, she’s adorable.) I think Kelton’s family might have a little $$ and Kelton also has a pretty solid job so maybe they will kick in a little & make this a top notch fundie affair. 

so close to the wedding that the courtship standards are slipping... or are they?  Hmm... I guess there never was any discussion of holding your girlfriend. I see a loophole! ;)

10 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

so close to the wedding that the courtship standards are slipping... or are they?  Hmm... I guess there never was any discussion of holding your girlfriend. I see a loophole! ;)

Evan has carried Carlin like that in various pictures too, before their engagement, so I’m guessing Gil and Kelly barely care about it anymore (or are to detached to notice?). I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if some Bates decided not to follow the no-kissing rule (not as an “accident” like Zach)

It’s honestly a good thing. Fundies are realizing physical contact doesn’t have to lead to sex. Took them long enough. 

Josie and Kelton got their marriage license. Which confused me a bit because...doesn't that mean they got married at the courthouse and they're married now? (I have never been married so really have no idea.)

25 minutes ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Josie and Kelton got their marriage license. Which confused me a bit because...doesn't that mean they got married at the courthouse and they're married now? (I have never been married so really have no idea.)

You have to get the license before you get married. Usually within 30 days.

Notice he’s kissing her head again?

I've always wondered if these first-kiss-on-the-wedding-day-fundies count forehead kisses/cheek kisses/hand kisses/etc. I guess Jolton are at least chill enough not to care about those lol

1 hour ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

As @JermajestyDuggar said, it's a required step for marriage with a time limit. Marriage licenses are simply a piece of paper saying that the couple have applied for and received permission to get legally married.  They're separate from the marriage CERTIFICATE, which is documented proof that a wedding has taken place, must be completed by both the marriage parties and often the officiant, and must be registered with the state.  Note, this is different than a courthouse wedding, where you say your vows in front of a justice of the piece, but still have to sign the certificate.

Getting the license literally involves both parties walking up to a desk at the county clerk's office, signing a document saying they want to get legally married of their own free will and there are no legal roadblocks (age, another current marriage, etc.), and paying a license fee. Then the license is good for a set number of days, after which they have to apply again if a wedding has not taken place.

You have to apply for a license whether you're having a civil wedding (ex. a courthouse wedding) or a religious wedding, since unlike in many parts of Europe (and other parts of the world?) most religious weddings are both religious and legal ceremonies (though not all are). It's why the officiants will say "By the power vested in me by God and the State of ___, I now pronounce you husband and wife" and they often sign the certificate as part of, or directly after, the wedding ceremony itself. 

On 9/28/2018 at 1:54 AM, metheglyn said:

As @JermajestyDuggar said, it's a required step for marriage with a time limit. Marriage licenses are simply a piece of paper saying that the couple have applied for and received permission to get legally married.  They're separate from the marriage CERTIFICATE, which is documented proof that a wedding has taken place, must be completed by both the marriage parties and often the officiant, and must be registered with the state.  Note, this is different than a courthouse wedding, where you say your vows in front of a justice of the piece, but still have to sign the certificate.

Getting the license literally involves both parties walking up to a desk at the county clerk's office, signing a document saying they want to get legally married of their own free will and there are no legal roadblocks (age, another current marriage, etc.), and paying a license fee. Then the license is good for a set number of days, after which they have to apply again if a wedding has not taken place.

You have to apply for a license whether you're having a civil wedding (ex. a courthouse wedding) or a religious wedding, since unlike in many parts of Europe (and other parts of the world?) most religious weddings are both religious and legal ceremonies (though not all are). It's why the officiants will say "By the power vested in me by God and the State of ___, I now pronounce you husband and wife" and they often sign the certificate as part of, or directly after, the wedding ceremony itself. 

In Sweden you also sign a paper with similar questions but you don't have to go to court, you do it at home and send it in and then you get a paper back in the mail a week or so later which means  you can get married. Here churches can apply to perform legal ceremonies and most churches will have this right but if they don't the couple will have to get married in a civil ceremony to get it recognized as a real marriage.

On 9/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, metheglyn said:

Argh. Just to clarify, in case anyone gets confused, I meant "Justice of the Peace". There are no pieces involved. ?

Josie and Kelton’s wedding rehearsal. It appears it will be an outdoor wedding.

Spoiler

CE77D5F5-9B71-4952-9A25-B41C38AD1B75.thumb.png.eabb743d72da43e44fa92198c64aa998.png

Spoiler

A3F965C1-1B41-4349-A3AD-E5ED77DE52A6.thumb.png.14faf369a6f47fc72ee9dd5230635a8c.png

Spoiler

AAACD630-1B82-45E4-A49C-A873EFE185C7.thumb.png.5c0b2e94621494adbf51b2e43b43cff2.png

Spoiler

DEB7533D-FEE2-4661-B1E3-EB64D58A5F5A.thumb.png.3cc0d8e363a0d3d89a4eb35351858b59.png

Spoiler

69AB2C50-AC28-4A7D-8822-40BBDDCAC479.thumb.png.e08e4421bb23c201dbf78f609247ba41.png

Spoiler

0E7D6A62-50CF-4290-AB34-1EB7C4DC2382.thumb.png.70b97f92350a2324df515abaf91afdf8.png

I am just now watching the finale episode and the producer was asking bates siblings why Utah is Josie's favorite spot and Carlin goes "honestly I think its because it makes great pictures" and laughs!

hahah THE SHADE

Lets not pretend that 80% of what this family does is for its social media worthiness 

At first I was like "omg outdoor wedding in October?" Then I remember everyone doesn't live in the frozen tundra like I do.

So its ok to fundies to marry outside of a church? in catholic religion is a big nono, and i assumed it was similarfor them since all the Bates and Duggars so far had married in church buildings.

Obviously i much prefer this tipe of location, it looks so beautiful in photos!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived