IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 2: Kelton Gets His Happily Ever After

VaSportsMom

Finally an outdoor wedding! So glad it won't be another boring mega church. All signs point to this being a very Pinterest heavy affair.

What's next, a sleeveless dress? Less than 500 people? So far, per the number of chairs, it looks like it could end up being smaller than the typical Bates wedding.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was also a video on Lawson's story of him transporting this big metal ring to the wedding. I'm guessing that'll probably be covered in flowers and be behind the bride and groom. I wonder if Zach and Whitney's outdoor vow renewal was an influence? 

I'm also shocked about the outdoor wedding, but mostly because I want to know if they've limited their number of guests. I really hope they have, and we don't have like 200 sitting and 800 standing. 

21 minutes ago, Meghann said:

42003227_1020962794752317_6932046519103007436_n.jpg

Interesting. Literally the only ones in that picture who are wearing skirts are the UNmarried Bates daughters. The married Bates daughter and Bates daughter-in-law plus ALL of the friends are wearing skinny jeans. Yeah, I have an ever harder time imagining these three Bates daughters won't be in pants soon after getting married.

7 hours ago, Meghann said:

42003227_1020962794752317_6932046519103007436_n.jpg

I almost feel like this picture is symbolic that Josie is graduating into the skinny jeans and sleeveless tops club.

4 hours ago, Rik_Bik said:

I'm glad that it's going to be a unique wedding for a fundie. I'm glad Josie got what she wanted. 

Of course she did, she is favored by KJ and Gilly! 

Now I am so interested to see what Carlin does for her wedding. 

Josie and Kelton standing there in their raybans at the end of the aisle during the rehearsal videos makes them look like a frat bro and sorority girl SO much. 

32 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Of course she did, she is favored by KJ and Gilly! 

Now I am so interested to see what Carlin does for her wedding. 

Josie and Kelton standing there in their raybans at the end of the aisle during the rehearsal videos makes them look like a frat bro and sorority girl SO much. 

Its obvious that they favor Josie, but to be honest they have relaxed so much lately that i dont think they would deny the chance to have an outdoor wedding to any of their daughters.

I hope their yellow jacket season isn't as bad as ours is. A couple years ago I went to an outdoor wedding in October and it was awful because of the yellow jackets. 

Pre wedding photos from the family. They have matching robes because Pinterest. It’s cute. $10 says Josie wears a flannel over her dress for photos after the wedding, I’ve seen that Pinterest look floating around everywhere recently.

The little girls are wearing a load of makeup and most of the bridal party appears to be doing up-do hairstyles.

Today is Katie’s birthday.

2A966B96-2848-4254-8214-4A985A20B798.thumb.png.e1347bdef90bc187b053a8d548e0bc4f.png 

3A926A13-538D-4C0D-89B8-81F0BAC4303C.png

60112010-5CE9-4902-8260-57DED32FB6B7.png

7D2023A3-B2A0-4FFE-8992-36B9A1ACA3E5.png

all the pre-wedding pics are super cute and pinterest-y, lol. personal preference, but i think it is a little ridiculous for Allie Jane to be in eyeliner and mascara....but the bridesmaids all look fabulous. not to mention the pie. haha. 

47 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

all the pre-wedding pics are super cute and pinterest-y, lol. personal preference, but i think it is a little ridiculous for Allie Jane to be in eyeliner and mascara....but the bridesmaids all look fabulous. not to mention the pie. haha. 

When I first saw the pic of Allie getting her makeup done I thought the same thing, but the more I think about the less I see it as a big deal. It's a special occasion and Allie probably enjoyed getting dolled up like her mom and aunts. It's possible she even asked for it. Now if she didn't want makeup and her mom forced her to wear it anyway then I'd have a problem with it.

Eyeliner is a bit too much on a child that age IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let her do it for a bit of fun because it is a special occasion. 3.5 is about that age where you start to love it when you get treated like a "big girl". I used to beg to be allowed to wear makeup for special occasions as a kid, and my mum usually obliged and indulged me with a little bit of lipstick and blush. But she never insisted on it.

17 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

When I first saw the pic of Allie getting her makeup done I thought the same thing, but the more I think about the less I see it as a big deal. It's a special occasion and Allie probably enjoyed getting dolled up like her mom and aunts. It's possible she even asked for it. Now if she didn't want makeup and her mom forced her to wear it anyway then I'd have a problem with it.

I agree with you. At first glance I was taken aback, but then I thought about it the same way you did. And really this isn’t anything new. Little girls did this when I was a kid too, only the makeup on trend was very bright 

I’m not a fan of eyeliner and mascara on preschoolers because it can irritate their eyes. But lip gloss, blush, or sparkles on the cheeks are no big deal.

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Today is Katie’s birthday.

And its not just a birthday, its her 18s, i hope they do remember to congratulate her at least, althought her sister has totally stole her special day from her.

6 minutes ago, llucie said:

And its not just a birthday, its her 18s, i hope they do remember to congratulate her at least, althought her sister has totally stole her special day from her.

I really think they will do something for her birthday. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a small cake (or pizza lol) at the reception just for her and sang happy birthday. 

I’m attending a wedding tonight (no, not Josie’s), so I’ll say this now as get it out of the way now. I proudly present the FJ Starter Guide to Fundie Wedding Discussions!

1. The dress

”Ugh! She could have worn anything and she went with THAT?! I hate <insert style/fabric/sleeves/train/veil here>!”

”I love that she went with a timeless/classic/boho/any other adjective look! So fetch!”

”... but why isn’t she wearing giant heels like Alyssa did?”

”Erin/Alyssa/Michael must be so jealous of how nice Josie’s dress is.”

”I’m glad she wore something she seems to like.”

”I expected more from someone usually so fashionable. What a disappointment.”

2. The reception

”We don’t do that in the North East, so it’s obviously wrong.”

”North Easteners are such pretentious tools and their weddings are ridiculous. Give me a nice <insert other region here> wedding any day!”

”Anyone who spends more than the price of the marriage license on ONE DAY is an idiot. Sorry, not sorry.”

”... can I get me some of that dessert?”

”God. Receptions without dancing are the worst. How is everyone not bored out of their minds?!”

”I hate dancing. This looks perfect for me!”

”BUT WHERE IS THE BOOZE?!”

”DRY WEDDINGS ARE THE BEST WEDDINGS!” 

“SO. MUCH. PINTEREST!!!”

3. The ceremony

”At least the venue was pretty. Shame about the creepy cult beliefs.”

”It must be so awkward knowing everyone knows the exact date you lost your virginity.”

”There was/wasn’t any Quiverful beliefs mentioned in the sermon?!”

”It was outside and in the 80s?! I hope none of their guests got overheated by their carelessness!”

”I LOVE OUTSIDE WEDDINGS!!!!”

”I can’t believe they had X number of guests! What a nice surprise!”

”I can’t believe they had X number of guests! How do they even know that many people?!”

4. Her hair and makeup

”I love how she styled herself!”

“God. That look is so overdone/old fashioned/tacky!”

”They couldn’t have shelled out some money so she could relax and have someone do her hair/makeup for her? So cheap.”

”She did it herself? Great way to save some cash!”

5. The date

”How dare they get married on Katie's birthday! It was her special day first!”

”With the number of Bateses there’s bound to be overlap at some point. It’s really not a big deal.”

”Maybe Katie can have a party tomorrow instead. Having guests still in the area could make her birthday party even more special!”

”They better have acknowledged Katie’s enormous sacrifice in sharing her special day with them!”

”Maybe Katie didn’t really care. Eleventy!!!!!”

6. The Bridesmaids

”I love how they all match! Looks so classic!”

”I love how they don’t match! So chic!”

“Could those poses/dresses/hairstyles/makeup/shoes/matching robes be anymore obnoxious?!”

7. Carlin

”How often is she going to mention her own wedding? What a brat!”

”I’m shocked she didn’t mention her own wedding more often.”

”I swear, Evan is a bigger drama queen than Carlin is. Why is he blabbing on about their engagement/wedding plans?! No one cares!”

”Ten bucks says Carlin steals X idea for her wedding!”

8. Kelton

”... his face is just so... punchable...”

”How does he always look like a Frat boy?!”

”I’m glad he finally got his happily ever after. Here’s hoping its Josie’s happily ever after too!”

9. Babies

<Enter literally any mention, reference, or comment about how they’ll be welcoming a baby nine months from now>

I didn’t sleep well, so I’m obviously missing some stuff. I’m just going to consider the endless wedding debates over for JoLton’s wedding anyways. 

As long as Josie gets what she wants, that's all that matters. Weddings bring out so much BEC. I mean that in real life too, I was maid of honour in a wedding this summer and oh my god, the amount of BEC between the Bride and her Mother/older female relatives.

It is a shame about the cult though!

59 minutes ago, llucie said:

With the sheer number of people in this family, they will run out of days eventually, but would it have really killed Josie and Kelton to marry a week or a day later so Katie got to have her 18th birthday?

This makes me hope Katie decides to get married on their firstborn's 1st birthday or something.

If I were Carlin I’d just ask everyone to re-wear the pre-wedding robes for my wedding three months later.

Repeat the trend for cute photos and save the money. Win win.

Kelton and Trace and cute floral ties.

57203E3D-C5B8-4972-8180-70474028AF8B.png

Ariana balka posted a pic with her bridesmaids dress on her story. Won’t post here bc it’s private. It’s blush colored (not the exact same shade as Whit’s bow renewal ones but close). It’s short sleeved, floor length and it has some embroidery. 

Not my fave tbh! But it’s a far cry from other Bates’ bridesmaids dresses

51 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m attending a wedding tonight (no, not Josie’s), so I’ll say this now as get it out of the way now. I proudly present the FJ Starter Guide to Fundie Wedding Discussions!

2. The reception

”We don’t do that in the North East, so it’s obviously wrong.”

”North Easteners are such pretentious tools and their weddings are ridiculous. Give me a nice <insert other region here> wedding any day!”

”Anyone who spends more than the price of the marriage license on ONE DAY is an idiot. Sorry, not sorry.”

”... can I get me some of that dessert?”

”God. Receptions without dancing are the worst. How is everyone not bored out of their minds?!”

”I hate dancing. This looks perfect for me!”

”BUT WHERE IS THE BOOZE?!”

”DRY WEDDINGS ARE THE BEST WEDDINGS!” 

“SO. MUCH. PINTEREST!!!”

Velocirapture you totally win FJ for the day.

BUT in your reception discussion you forgot to mention the inevitable food discussion that will happen:

"I can't believe that's all they served, here in __NJ/NY/New England/Northeast__ we always have 10+ stations and a full sit down meal"

"Here in ___Midwest/South___ a cake and punch reception is normal, maybe with some mints"

"At least she didn't serve melted ice cream or root beer floats"

"I'm ___Italian/Russian/Greek/other food heavy culture___ and we would never serve our guests so little food"

"We had a small budget and just served ___bbq/pizza/food trucks/other slightly ironic trendy and casual food____, everyone was happy"

"I would be offended as a guest if that's all that was served"

"I'd eat that"

"At least they had more than the Duggars"

"Maybe if they had less people they could serve real food"

"I don't care what they serve as long as they're happy"

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

What the hell? Makeup on a three year old? These people don't hesitate to tell the kids "no" and "that's for grownups" in all sorts of inappropriate situations. But when they want their little girls to look pretty, they'll OK anything. They'll probably forbid Allie to wear makeup at 14, but for some reason it's OK at 3.

Frankly, the fresh, clean, makeup-free face of a three-year old is the most beautiful thing to me. You can't improve on that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived