IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

Thinking about biblical jobs for men and women. Ken is obviously outside the will of god. Nobody in the Bible was an orthodontic consultant, or whatever it is he does.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, EowynW said:

Hey ladies, I'm asking here because you guys are really supportive and knowledgeable. And it's really embarrassing for me and I don't really know much about this and i don't want to ask my fundie mom because she will not understand. 

Okay so, how do I go about telling my dr that I think I have mild depression and asking for help?  Is it acceptable to say "hey I think I need some help, I feel like I can't cope with anything right now and life stuff just feels HUGE at the moment. My throat is always tight, I cry atleast once a day and life has felt bland lately." Does that sound too stupid? 

Sounds good to me. Just tell the doc how you're feeling. 

@EowynW PLEASE, have that conversation with your doctor. I second and third everything everyone has said here. I have been on meds for depression for years. THEY WORK! I went off them (no insurance) and well, there were days when I wanted to just stop breathing. I'll be on meds the rest of my life too. It's not something to be ashamed of, and if anyone in your life is not supportive, well fk 'em! 

If you want to talk, I have ears (eyes) and fingers...sending you much love, gentle hugs and wishes for peace. 

17 hours ago, EowynW said:

Hey ladies, I'm asking here because you guys are really supportive and knowledgeable. And it's really embarrassing for me and I don't really know much about this and i don't want to ask my fundie mom because she will not understand. 

Okay so, how do I go about telling my dr that I think I have mild depression and asking for help?  Is it acceptable to say "hey I think I need some help, I feel like I can't cope with anything right now and life stuff just feels HUGE at the moment. My throat is always tight, I cry atleast once a day and life has felt bland lately." Does that sound too stupid? 

I think what you said is just what you should say to your doctor.  There is no shame in getting help!  I hope you can get whatever help you need to fight your depression if it indeed is what you have.  

5 hours ago, refugee said:

(ETA I’m thinking about CBD oil for anxiety after reading a thread drift about it here. Maybe it would make life a bit easier for me? But it takes energy to make a positive change. So I empathize. It is definitely worth asking for help.)

Making a positive does take a lot of energy. Heck even without depression it takes energy so I can't imagine what it's like with depression. I've really started using that concept of spoons I've learned here many threads ago and love it.

A new one I picked up is the idea of half assing things. You might be doing things half assed but at least you're doing things and that's a start. I tell people you half ass something twice you'll eventually get to a full ass (yes I'm a complete weirdo and no I haven't said it quite like that to a client). But if you have several doctors appointment and that's overwhelming, schedule one and do the rest as you have the energy. Wash half the dish or make a deconstructed sandwhich if you don't have the energy to put one together. It might be half assed but you're taking small steps toward self-care, cleaning, and eating. 

@EowynW just chiming in to offer love and support. Please talk with your doc. Maybe she can help you find a good therapist. I know how difficult it can be to have ideas and a lifestyle that is vastly different than the rest of your family. The isolation can be overwhelming. A therapist can help you with stress management and anxiety issues while you acquire new coping skills. *hugs*:group-hug:

was just thinking about Lori's bullshit at her DIL's and how she didn't have the proper tools for her shitty Einkorn bread.

As y'all know, we just moved and today is the first day in about a week that I've cooked dinner. Found the pots, pans, silverware and possibly the plates...however, I haven't unpacked anything else...I've just made a nice spaghetti dinner using a pot, a frying pan and a fork. Fuck that bitch. 

***cross your fingers I manage to find the plates!

Ha, ha. My SBC pastor (of a church that does not ordain women) husband just asked me, "Why are you reading that crazy woman? She's batsh*t".

7 hours ago, refugee said:
21 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@EowynW just as an aside: if prescription choices make you nervous for any reason, there is also a device called Alpha Stim that might be available for you. It's like a TENS unit for your brain. I'm not sure how it's marketed or insured in the private sector but it is a viable option regarding depression, anxiety, and even migraines. 

Squishes to you, you're never wrong to ask for help in any capacity. 

Read more  

Is that the magnetic thing where you put a helmet device on your head? It’s a series of treatments but it’s supposed to last for months or maybe years? Someone I know was talking about that recently. Obviously I wasn’t paying close enough attention.

21 hours ago, Hisey said:

Kind of. It's a little unit that has a lead splitting into a pair of ear clips that go on your lobes. It transmits alpha waves across your head that stimulate & rearrange the alpha waves in the brain. It's used at various intensities & lengths of time for effectiveness. I'm supposed to use mine daily but I'm lazy & hard headed. It's typically about 3 times a week for me. It's gotten a hold on my insomnia, depression, & anger issues. I didn't want drastic & meds terrify me. 

I don't want to draw attention away from the current topic because it is so important and I love the information and encouragement being shared but I need y'all to send thoughts and prayers my family's way.

My brother had been sober for about a year this August and it looks like he broke that sobriety this past week. It's never good when he drinks because he tends to be verbally aggressive and he's already had a few close calls with alcohol poisoning.  We were all so hopeful that he was going to beat this but now what little hope I was feeling is shattered to pieces again.  It just hurts. 

18 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@Sarah92 Is he somewhere with support?

It's hard telling since I live in a different town than the rest of my family. Since he's currently drunk, he's most likely out of the house for the night until he sobers up (he lives with my parents... For now) because there's too big a chance that he'll start something. I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the full story. But I'm guessing he's sleeping outside tonight as there aren't many resources available to help with places to stay.

Sadly with him, he burns through support because he tends to say awful things to whoever helps when they can't give him what he wants. He doesn't even have my number because it's a boundary I put in place for my own mental health. So it's a waiting game right now to see what happens. 

6 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I don't want to draw attention away from the current topic because it is so important and I love the information and encouragement being shared but I need y'all to send thoughts and prayers my family's way.

My brother had been sober for about a year this August and it looks like he broke that sobriety this past week. It's never good when he drinks because he tends to be verbally aggressive and he's already had a few close calls with alcohol poisoning.  We were all so hopeful that he was going to beat this but now what little hope I was feeling is shattered to pieces again.  It just hurts. 

@Sarah92, I'm so sorry. Saying a prayer for you, your brother, and your family.

11 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Pay attention, Lori. He's a man, so listen.

This guy was great.  He summed it all up in 2 minutes 12 seconds.  Pretty simple, huh, Lori?

@EowynW, just agreeing with everyone that what you're planning to say to your doctor is perfect. It was a hard issue for me to bring up with my doctor, but I was so glad I did. Why struggle every day if there is help available? Hoping you feel better soon!

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

sending prayers to you all. Addiction sucks. 

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@Imrlgoddess How did you manage to get it? Not insurance?

I could use something different.

I'm a veteran, VA mental health issued it to me.  It definitely quieted the "din" in my head...that constant running commentary.  I use the AID machine and the two biggest changes I've seen are sleep is more sound and the anxiety level has dropped.  They sent me to a physical therapist to try it on me and monitor the settings for 4 weeks.  After she found the appropriate times and setting, she sent me home with my own.  The website is very informative:

www.alpha-stim.com/

So Beau Jackson is ejaculating without orgasm? Which, okay, whatever makes him feel godly, I guess. 

But if he's getting orgasms and not sharing with his wife, well, that paints quite a picture.

Beau might want to start learning some different techniques cuz it sounds like he royally sucks in bed.

1234.PNG.82e17df62ecad892ebdc63b315dffbf2.PNG

Maybe it's because many of us have the hermeneutical skills to know not to eisogete English meanings into the original Koine Greek text.  The word in the Greek text at play here is "oikorgous" - which literally means "home-working".  There is no divine imperative to be "at" anywhere - just to keep one's house appropriately and not neglect it.  

Yet another Lori Alexander exegetical fallacy which forms a critical piece of her misunderstanding of the Bible.  It may say "at" in her King James Version (poorly translated text, especially here), but there's a reason that it is the ONLY English version that translates it "keepers at home" - and it isn't about theology.  It's about proper linguistics.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived