IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

5 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

She has tried to push that churches should help more with families in need. There was an incident where a fangirl was working part time because her husband had a lost a job and his new job was commission based pay. Lori told her to pray and also see if the woman's church would help them out.  Of course, Lori has no idea about the financial state of the woman's church or even if the church has any kind of assistance programs.

My church provides assistance to those in need- in the community and for members. But there is a limit. People’s needs are great. My church also goes out into impoverished and “written off” neighborhoods. They will offer to pray with people, but mostly serve community members- picking trash up off the street, taking food, helping with resources for heat and things like clothing and furniture. The families in these neighborhoods are doing everything they can to survive. I could never in good conscience expect my church to help with anything when I am capable of working and could help ease my husband’s burden. 

3 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

If someone knows her mom's name, you can google for an obit.

I haven’t been able to find an obit or even a death notice. 

I wonder why there is such a delay in the funeral. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori's mom and sister (and even Aunt Ginny) have public fb pages. I've decided not post the links, because I think these people have enough problems being related to Lori. However, if I see anything related to Lori's "ministry" on these pages, I will post about that, because I think her ministry is evil. I hope that is the right thing to do.

8 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

@SuperNova, you beat me to it. I was just headed here to do a WTF about the "I have the right to change my mind" crap in the disclaimer. That's what a child does, not a grown-ass woman who should know where she stands on her beliefs.

I think it's also about covering her arse if she posts a quote from a Neo-Nazi or something. Which she has done in the past. 

9 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I haven’t been able to find an obit or even a death notice. 

Total speculation bus here ?....but it could be Lori's antics ruining what would have been a normal family situation.  For better or for worse (FOR WORSE) Lori is a public figure and has garnered scorn world wide.  Because of this, her extended family may have opted out of posting a death notice or obituary (they are not required by law -- only  a filing of a death certificate with the state in which they lived is required by law). 

They may have wanted to avoid any negative attention (crazies) that surround Lori's antics. 

Perhaps her mother’s memorial service has been scheduled to allow relatives and friends who live far away to be able to attend. Perhaps it’s been set for a full month after Lori’s return from Door County to allow the Godly Mentor time to recuperate from her vacation.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:23 AM, FullOfGravy said:

@feministxtian  I avoid Matlab as much as I can, but sometimes I need it to run things that other people have written.  Just about all the calculations I do are statistical analyses, so I'll use R whenever possible - it's free, and I'm more comfortable using it.

SSPS is my mortal enemy.

55 minutes ago, Hane said:

Perhaps her mother’s memorial service has been scheduled to allow relatives and friends who live far away to be able to attend. Perhaps it’s been set for a full month after Lori’s return from Door County to allow the Godly Mentor time to recuperate from her vacation.

That was my thought. Lori couldn't possibly leave her vacation to attend her mother's funeral... better to put it off for a month until she'll be home. 

I hope I'm wrong, and she's been home and quietly grieving and helping her family. But this is Lori.

59 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Total speculation bus here ?....but it could be Lori's antics ruining what would have been a normal family situation.  For better or for worse (FOR WORSE) Lori is a public figure and has garnered scorn world wide.  Because of this, her extended family may have opted out of posting a death notice or obituary (they are not required by law -- only  a filing of a death certificate with the state in which they lived is required by law). 

They may have wanted to avoid any negative attention (crazies) that surround Lori's antics. 

Or her dad is a cheap or needs to save money. Newspaper obits are freaking expensive. Just an online run of one is $90 in the local paper in my parents's city. Running a print one for one Sunday including posting it online cost us somewhere around $200 when my dad died. And that's a small midwestern paper. 

I've found when searching for family ones to get service info or whatever that the ones posted only on funeral home sites are harder to find via google than newspaper postings. 

YES!  YES!  YES!

The Jezebel thing is GONE!

"facebook" took it down.

@feministxtian I'm with you. A person's worth is not based on his/her virginity. I just meant there are some advantages to waiting, but definitely more important things in the world to be concerned about.

2 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

YES!  YES!  YES!

The Jezebel thing is GONE!

"facebook" took it down.

Which Jezebel thing?

32 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Which Jezebel thing?

It's still on the blog, I believe.  But she said that facebook took it down limiting free speech earlier today. 

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

Lori's mom and sister (and even Aunt Ginny)

How is Aunt Ginny? She would comment ever so often on the "always learning" blog. I like her.

The "my only comfort blog" is one of the most rational conservative blogs I have ever seen. Very cool to see that those who follow a more traditional faith can still be loving. I don't know much about the movement he belongs to so I can't speak for anything other than the blog, just an fyi! 

12 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

It's still on the blog, I believe.  But she said that facebook took it down limiting free speech earlier today. 

Lori - you spelled "hate" wrong, it isn't spelled f-r-e-e. FB is limiting HATE speech.

I looked at Amazon- I am glad to say the book is at 2.5 stars :) 62% are 1 star reviews. The latest 2 reviews are good, especially the 2-star review.

15 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Dear Lori, since we know you read here...in the words of Inigo Montoya, 'You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.'  You have no right to complain about freedom of speech being limited when you delete any and all comments disagreeing with you, sometimes within seconds.  Try looking up 'free speech,' and the limits thereof. Then maybe, just mayyyyyyyybe, we can have a semi-intelligent conversation. 

@Free Jana Duggar I completely disagree with "waiting". Contraception, yes. Waiting, no. The whole squashing of any and all sexual experimentation w/in the "fundie" culture leads to a lot of issues with sex later on. I'm all about finding out what you want, what you like BEFORE you put that ring on. 

@SongRed7 I've been known to tell people I take offense at what they say/do...but y'all know I have a tendency to speak my mind...

27 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Free Jana Duggar I completely disagree with "waiting". Contraception, yes. Waiting, no. The whole squashing of any and all sexual experimentation w/in the "fundie" culture leads to a lot of issues with sex later on. I'm all about finding out what you want, what you like BEFORE you put that ring on. 

I agree to a point. I agree that the fundie version of zero to "balls to the wall" is wrong. I think natural progression of physical relationships are good. I think finding out what you want before is fine but if the couple mutually want to wait for full intercourse until the wedding night that should be up to the couple. But I can see how if it was drilled into their heads to wait and touching another human is the biggest sin of all it really isn't their decision to wait.

It's a fine line (and hard) trying to teach teens to have a healthy look at sexual relations but also trying to protect them from making a really big mistake. Because let's face it, teens have about a half a brain and when they get with friends the amount of brain cells lesson, impulse decisions abound (part of what makes being a teen fun)!  At the end of the day we can only hope we gave them the tools to make a good decision for themselves.

I don't know if any of this makes sense :)

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I think natural progression of physical relationships are good. I think finding out what you want before is fine but if the couple mutually want to wait for full intercourse until the wedding night that should be up to the couple. But I can see how if it was drilled into their heads to wait and touching another human is the biggest sin of all it really isn't their decision to wait.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to just go out and screw anything...but as a natural progression of a relationship. 

Bro Gary Hawkins quoted Lori

Because that's the kind of intellectual elite Lori attracts. (and Red Pill perverts)

bro gary hawkins.JPG

Back to the Jezebel re-posted post.  The Queen rules England, not the King.  Idiots!   Go study history and the rules of royal lineage and quit showing your ignorance, and learn about how the government really works.  The Godly Mentor then posts a disclaimer as if that absolves her of any ownership of the spreading of culturally illiterate, written manure.  

Maybe I should partake in the Jezebel drinking game -- bottoms up for every "Jezebel" used in that post.  

34 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Back to the Jezebel re-posted post.  The Queen rules England, not the King.  Idiots!   Go study history and the rules of royal lineage and quit showing your ignorance, and learn about how the government really works.  The Godly Mentor then posts a disclaimer as if that absolves her of any ownership of the spreading of culturally illiterate, written manure.  

Maybe I should partake in the Jezebel drinking game -- bottoms up for every "Jezebel" used in that post.  

Yes a drinking game where you take a shot for everytime you read feminist, "hating Gods word", Jezebel, biblical womanhood, and Titus 2:3-5

2 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Yes a drinking game where you take a shot for everytime you read feminist, "hating Gods word", Jezebel, biblical womanhood, and Titus 2:3-5

And you'd be dead from alcohol poisoning in an hour. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived