IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I think the reader said $14 a MONTH left for groceries.  So it's even worse. Everyone gets one saltine and one grape per day. Make it last!  :bangheaddesk:

Well, if they can't,  then obviously they aren't praying hard enough and trusting God and his Perfect Ways enough, pronounces Queen Lori while slathering her organic butter on her whatever bread and munching on her Big Nourishing  Salad after whipping up Ken's organic $50 a dozen cookies!   What is wrong with these women who want to go to work to feed their kids? I mean, seriously!  How dare they!  God will send groceries!  Or....ummmm.....huh.  Maybe He sends a job?  Nah, that is not  His Perfect Way!  

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, here we go with the Jezebel stuff again.  How many times can she post other people's teachings about Jezebel?  How many times can she misinterpret the scriptures pertaining to Jezebel (a specific woman) and apply this to all women for all times?

Mercy of God.

Newsflash: We (women and men) as believers are not to compare ourselves to female bible characters, or even male bible characters.  We are to compare ourselves to...CHRIST.  We are not Martha; we are not Mary.  We are not The Woman at the Well.  We are not The Woman with the Alabaster Box.  We are not to emulate ANY of these women: we are to be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.  We are to walk in the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

What did Jesus do and command others to do?  

He preached the Gospel, He healed the sick, cast out devils, cleansed the lepers, raised the dead...freely He had received; freely He GAVE...and He asked us to do the same.

It is written that as Jesus is in this world, so are WE.

So, women need to be doing all those things.  If she can't speak, how can she preach the Gospel?  If she can't leave the house, how is she to heal the sick and set captives free?

Jesus did not ask one half of His church to sit down and shut up.

Jesus told BOTH male and female to preach the Gospel and do all of the other things in Mark 16 and other places where The Great Commission is mentioned.

Further, the Gospel is GOOD NEWS.

Nothing in this ridiculous Jezebel post is Good News at all.  It is oppression. And we know who authors such.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Who on Earth thinks that jobs purely consist of staring at Excel spreadsheets?? Teachers? Doctors? Chefs? Checkout people?? WTF???

As a teacher, I have sat through how to use Excel a few times. I have literally never used it. I know teachers who used it for grade keeping eons ago, but now every school has an online grading system, so it's all set up for you and there is no need for that. 

I just subbed for the morning for the first day of school in second grade. Not only did I not look at a single Excel spreadsheet all morning, I also never sat down other than to read some stories to the kids and then to write notes to the teacher after dismissal. 

51 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Nothing in this ridiculous Jezebel post is Good News at all.  It is oppression. And we know who authors such.

I especially like the new disclaimer at the bottom about the "guest writer"  I haven't checked out The Bible Watchman or whoever the guy is.  I'm sure he's one of the red pill gang....

4 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

What is wrong with these women who want to go to work to feed their kids? I mean, seriously!  How dare they!  God will send groceries!  Or....ummmm.....huh.  Maybe He sends a job?  Nah, that is not  His Perfect Way!  

What's Lori's stance on welfare? Because most fundies are like "Don't give my tax money to poor people! They can work and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!" at the same time as they are "God will provide! Stay home, don't work! But you don't get to use GOVERNMENT money for help. That's my tax dollars! Get a job! Unless you're female, then you better find yourself a husband, STAT. A rich one."

I don't have Excel even on my computer. I will occasionally open a spreadsheet in Libreoffice to save it out as a CSV file for variable data, but that's as close to spreadsheets as I get. 

Excel - so I use it often every day. I could stare a report all day long but I wouldn't be doing my job. I have to work the data on the report. And I have to work that data in a couple different databases.

Once upon a time I was a teacher and I taught Excel to high school students and as a non-credit course at the local community college. It is very useful and I love to use it but not for every job!

11 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I especially like the new disclaimer at the bottom about the "guest writer"  I haven't checked out The Bible Watchman or whoever the guy is.  I'm sure he's one of the red pill gang....

Nice touch, isn't it?  If you don't agree, why are you sharing his teachings unless to debunk them?

Checked him out.  Not red pill.  End Times...his ministry is focused on the "End Times" and telling people to "turn or burn"...

Nice.

So it seems like Lori has gone on as if nothing happened to her mom (unless I missed the discussion).

Do we know if there was a funeral?* Did Lori attend? Or is this a don't ask don't tell situation?

*I read what Ken wrote about his MIL but I didn't know if that was proof there was a funeral and Lori attended or if it was just Ken writing a goodbye to his MIL.

10 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So it seems like Lori has gone on as if nothing happened to her mom (unless I missed the discussion).

Do we know if there was a funeral?* Did Lori attend? Or is this a don't ask don't tell situation?

*I read what Ken wrote about his MIL but I didn't know if that was proof there was a funeral and Lori attended or if it was just Ken writing a goodbye to his MIL.

Service was said to be 9/22.

For those who don't want to give Lori clicks, here's her disclaimer for posts written by others.

Spoiler

***Disclaimer: I do not agree with everything an author writes when I publish one of their posts on my blog. I do mostly agree with what I publish that they wrote, however. Like on this post, I don’t agree that women can’t wear pants but I may some day. I want to always be open to the Lord’s leading and being convicted and challenged by godly people’s convictions. When I publish a post I like, I don’t read everything the author has written, stands for, or believes. I am simply sharing a comment or post that they have written that I agree with.

So to sum it up, Lori likes to cherry pick whatever pushes her agenda. Just like she does with the bible. She also reserves the right to change her mind about her teachings whenever she chooses. 

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

For those who don't want to give Lori clicks, here's her disclaimer for posts written by others.

Reveal hidden contents

***Disclaimer: I do not agree with everything an author writes when I publish one of their posts on my blog. I do mostly agree with what I publish that they wrote, however. Like on this post, I don’t agree that women can’t wear pants but I may some day. I want to always be open to the Lord’s leading and being convicted and challenged by godly people’s convictions. When I publish a post I like, I don’t read everything the author has written, stands for, or believes. I am simply sharing a comment or post that they have written that I agree with.

So to sum it up, Lori likes to cherry pick whatever pushes her agenda. Just like she does with the bible. She also reserves the right to change her mind about her teachings whenever she chooses. 

Yep. She was all about skirts only once for about fifteen minutes. 

That piece is absolutely ridiculous. Women aren't even suppose to teach Sunday School now? Good luck to any church that tries to implement that. I'm betting there is no hope of filling all the spots. Our parish religious education has almost a 2:1 ratio of women to men teaching. Plus only three men are lead teachers and only three are not teaching as assistants to their wives who are the lead teachers. 

I assume I am a Jezebel according to that guy--I work, I teach at religious ed at church, I believe in egalitarian marriage and I wear pants. But I can tell that I do not fit this description at all: 

She probably wears short hair and dresses, either very sexy or very masculine. She likes to work outside the home and especially be the boss. She doesn’t like her kitchen 

Because obviously, only Christian women who follow their warped theology look feminine or like to cook. And all women who work are actually in management/supervisory positions. Of course. Makes perfect sense in a country with rampant sexism and a huge gap between the number of women in professional jobs and the number in leadership and executive positions. 

1018254689_LoriAlexander.thumb.jpg.c17a919790e930035dc905e543875d44.jpg

So point by point with Lori's lack of reading comprehension here:

1.  The Bible does not specify if it was one field or several; context seems to indicate an ongoing habit by present tense of the verb.

2.  We don't know that it was 1 field or if the woman was a realtor.  Arguing one or the other is adding to where the Bible is silent.

3.  "She makes fine linen" does not specify where.  We don't know if it was at home or elsewhere.  Again, adding to where the Bible does not specify.

4.  It does not say she left her children for hours a day; nor does it say that she did not leave them in the car of others.

5.  We do not know if she worked for a boss or was a boss.

6.  Family praise is normal and good for both those who stay at home and those who work.  The standard here is good relationships with one's family - whether accomplished by staying at home or by working outside of it in a career.  

Conclusion:  The Bible is silent because there is no one-size-fits all way of life that is somehow ordained by God.  God is a God of linguistic, cultural, occupational diversity.

There.  Fixed it for you, Lori.

18 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

She probably wears short hair and dresses, either very sexy or very masculine. She likes to work outside the home and especially be the boss. She doesn’t like her kitchen

That right there is a man who is scared to death of women.  He fears women who have authority over him.  He fears women over whom he doesn't have full authority.  He fears women who are in control of their own lives and bodies.  The thought that women might have the power to reject him or laugh at him is absolutely terrifying.

I'd feel sorry for sad little men like that, if they weren't so nasty.  And maybe if they realized that the solution here is to look past their own inflated-yet-delicate egos and see women as human beings.

50 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Service was said to be 9/22.

so it is next month or did you mean it is today (8/22)?

51 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Let's see...long hair, mostly dresses/skirts that are below the knee. I LOVE working (most of the time). 

I dragged Mr. Xtian through about 15 different apartment complexes and #1 on my list was the kitchen (had to be roomy, had to have a gas stove). 

Fuck that idiot

Things I've learned about Lori..

1. She was an awful student, therefore all women shouldn't pursue higher education to better themselves. 

2. She was a lousy teacher, therefore all women should not work.

3. She couldn't manage 1 child and a career so she sabatoged her birth control.  Therefore all women can't manage a career, children and a household and MUST  stay home. 

4. She was a lousy wife and mother, who wasn't "taught" how to love her husband or children. Therefore she should "teach" all women how to love there spouse and children, i.e. beat them into submission. 

5. Lori is a judgey bitch who can't hack life.

1 hour ago, FullOfGravy said:

That right there is a man who is scared to death of women.  He fears women who have authority over him.  He fears women over whom he doesn't have full authority.  He fears women who are in control of their own lives and bodies.  The thought that women might have the power to reject him or laugh at him is absolutely terrifying.

I'd feel sorry for sad little men like that, if they weren't so nasty.  And maybe if they realized that the solution here is to look past their own inflated-yet-delicate egos and see women as human beings.

What is it Margaret Atwood said?  "Men are afraid women will laugh at them.  Women are afraid men will kill them."

On 8/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, Alisamer said:

Wait, what? $14 a week for groceries? She pays that for one pack of butter!

I suppose if it was all nothing but cup noodles all the time drinking only water you might be able to pay that little for groceries for a family, but it's not healthy or likely. Or sustainable. I've got just me in the house and groceries are more than $2 a day. And I'm not eating fancy organic butter either.

I thought the same thing when I read that. Lori is a fucking idiot about money.  Of course, her fangirls still dont' realize it either.

I was busy last week with a work project and a family event. I'm getting caught up on the latest Lori crap and I wish she could some kind of food related challenge similar to when Cory Booker and Gwyneth Paltrow did that food stamp challenger for a week. Paltrow didn't last the week. 

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

What's Lori's stance on welfare? Because most fundies are like "Don't give my tax money to poor people! They can work and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!" at the same time as they are "God will provide! Stay home, don't work! But you don't get to use GOVERNMENT money for help. That's my tax dollars! Get a job! Unless you're female, then you better find yourself a husband, STAT. A rich one."

I don't have Excel even on my computer. I will occasionally open a spreadsheet in Libreoffice to save it out as a CSV file for variable data, but that's as close to spreadsheets as I get. 

Lori has said that she and her family don't like people who live off the government. But, at one point Lori said that if something happened to Ken in the future she would go on government assistance. I think this was still when she was still on Always Learning blog.  I think at this point she is hoping that her kids will completely support her if something happens to Ken. 

She has tried to push that churches should help more with families in need. There was an incident where a fangirl was working part time because her husband had a lost a job and his new job was commission based pay. Lori told her to pray and also see if the woman's church would help them out.  Of course, Lori has no idea about the financial state of the woman's church or even if the church has any kind of assistance programs.

Lori doesn't realize that some people have pride and would feel guilty about seeking help from a church or any other source while they are able to work. Sometimes in life it's ok to ask for help especially when major shit happens and your paycheck or paychecks aren't enough for food, medication, or  bills. But, not many people are going to want to be asking for help for years and years. 

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

so it is next month or did you mean it is today (8/22)?

It is said to be in September, not today. 

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Do we know if there was a funeral?

If someone knows her mom's name, you can google for an obit.

Reading what Lori wrote reminded me of James Fowler's stage of faith. I'd say she and many of her followers are still in the child- teen stage of their faith.  They aren't really able to see beyond the literal to something more complex. It's one of the reason she can so easily cherry pick verses; there's no integration of complex thoughts, just disjointed pieces.  I'd actually say a lot of people stay in their teen phase even in other belief systems, it's why so many people can't have a decent polite conversation on the Internet. It's become about instantly reacting without thought.

image.png

@SuperNova, you beat me to it. I was just headed here to do a WTF about the "I have the right to change my mind" crap in the disclaimer. That's what a child does, not a grown-ass woman who should know where she stands on her beliefs.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

Have mercy. Lori is back on sex again.

I'm all for people waiting until marriage. I believe God designed it that way for our good. If one waits until marriage and is faithful to his/her spouse, there is no risk of disease. If a pregnancy happens, the child will have both parents together.  

However, virginity is not the end all be all. A prostitute is no less important than a virgin. 

I also think there are bigger issues to worry about in our society today. I'd much rather find out my teen daughter had protected sex with her boyfriend than find out she was doing drugs or was cutting (of course I pray she does none of those).

I disagree. My worth is not tied to my hymen or lack thereof. I didn't wait and I'm damn glad I didn't. By the time I completely settled down w/Mr. Xtian, I had the confidence to make my needs and wants known. Virginal sex sucks. 10 or more years into it, you start figuring out what the hell you want out of a partner. The mother was a virgin when she married my father and well...maybe it would have been better for her to have gotten around some because then she wouldn't have tried to pass her hangups down to me. Took my daughter to get the pill and taught my boys to wrap the monkey. I've never gotten a "social disease" and AFAIK neither have my kids or my husband (who was a total male ho in his day). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived