IGNORED

Lori Alexander 53: Mourning Mom ... Maybe

If Lori "has to set boundaries" as she seems to be saying, maybe what she really means is that her family is setting boundaries on HER because she is such an awful person and moreso now.

The dinner discussion was last night, we had chicken salad sandwiches and potato salad - both from the grocery store because I was tired after working all day and then buying groceries and not in the mood to cook.  Tonight was pimento cheese on crackers because Mr. Briefly wasn't hungry and I was only slightly hungry.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Getting slightly sidetracked: if I go to a church and one of the first things they ask me to do is volunteer rather than to just join a bible study, I won't become a member. To me it signals that they're desparate for volunteers because they're current members aren't involved enough. Many churches fall prey to preying on new families for work until they're brunt out. My family cooking at church is an example. Eventually hadn't to quit because everyone wanted to eat but do none of the work.

I’ve had the opposite experience of being asked to help when new. It was very welcoming, and made us feel trusted. Encouraging new people get involved is something I like in a church, but not taking advantage as you described. I wouldn’t like that either!

Re Lori: I feel like the real story is rumbling just below the surface. What the heck happened that she hasn’t been there, and maybe even still isn’t??

Ellen never had grand plans to be a professional or have a career

Is having a career really a "grand plan"? I would say that's a normal plan. 

Picture this, if you will...a world, where the entitled Lori Alexander has to find a job to support herself...imagine her having to actually fill out an application and list her skills.  Resume -- work experience -- chastising people through my Godly blog, making Godly eincorn bread and Godly big salads, neatly printing my Godly opinions on notebook paper with a sharpie, and deleting and blocking people on my Godly Facebook page who disagree with me.  

21 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That article being aimed at progressives is just gross. 

My apologies. I shared it because I think it can be pointed at any group of people who choose to ignore parts of the Bible, which is actually NOT something I think of when I think of "progressives."  

i really did not mean to offend progressives as I read past that label and applied it to a wide range of people - mainly people like Lori. I should have clarified that when I shard it. 

I am sorry. 

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

What if this isn't about her kid's in-laws but actually about her own mother? I mean, this is Lori...

What if is aimed as a slam against her daughters? What if they are trying to distance themselves from mommy dearest?

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

When Luke is talking about three children being necessary for replacement rates I would not be surprised if he was talking about the belief that many of these guys hold about the need for whites to have more children so they aren't "out-bred" by minorities. These guys have a strong fear of the world becoming less white. Which just makes his posts all the more sickening. Red pills are some of the worst of humanity. 

Thank you! I was trying to figure out the three thing.

20 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

My apologies. I shared it because I think it can be pointed at any group of people who choose to ignore parts of the Bible, which is actually NOT something I think of when I think of "progressives."  

i really did not mean to offend progressives as I read past that label and applied it to a wide range of people - mainly people like Lori. I should have clarified that when I shard it. 

I am sorry. 

You didn't offend me. The people that wrote it did. I got why you shared it. Sorry that my post was not clear. 

Tailors are less common, but there are still a few out there.  I recently went back into the workforce, and I had a tailor make some alterations on an old suit so that I wouldn't need to buy a new one.  My husband bought a suit last year, and the men's store had it altered to fit him.  Otherwise, I'm not sure I've ever had any other item modified - most pieces of clothing just aren't worth it.  The dry cleaner I go to will perform some small sewing jobs, such as fixing hems.  

I suspect these jobs are far and few between, and it's doubtful that they pay well.  It's silly to assume that a person could easily find one of these positions and be able to support themselves - it's just not the way it works anymore.  Only the expensive items such as suits or bridal gowns are worth getting altered.

I had a friend who's mother was a seamstress. She did quite well during prom season and her business seemed to be steady the rest of the year. However, she was really the only one in town so she kinda owned the market. But I can't imagine a town full of women trying to do the same thing which is what would happen if these women listened to this advice. It reminds me of those women who own cleaning businesses or those who taxi. I see so many maid services and taxi drivers in small town so I don't know how well they're actually doing.

6 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

When Luke is talking about three children being necessary for replacement rates I would not be surprised if he was talking about the belief that many of these guys hold about the need for whites to have more children so they aren't "out-bred" by minorities. These guys have a strong fear of the world becoming less white. Which just makes his posts all the more sickening. Red pills are some of the worst of humanity. 

Luke is Luke Colby, aka Colby Malsbury, the author of that hate article from Faith and Heritage that Lori posted and took down after a lot of flak. He is a real and vile individual. He is a Red Pill and a white Christian nationalist. He has a Russian social media account where he freely posts Holocaust jokes, calls FB "kikebook" and uses awful racial slurs with gleeful abandon. All of the men who are posting now, with the exception of three or four, are exactly the same as Luke and have multiple FB and Russian social media accountants. Most of them are also online friends. One of them trolled my FB account and sent me a threatening message. I replied and told him that when he moved out of his parents' basement I would take him more seriously. Idiot.

Most of the men who follow and comment on Lori's blog wouldn't make it past her neighbourhood watch. 

Her daughter's Instagram tribute to her grandmother is lovely. Notice the picture of the grandparents surrounded by their grandchildren including Lori's kids as teens, they are all pulling goofy faces, which is fine of course! Just shows that Lori's family were a lot more normal and worldly than she tries to present them as. But didn't Lori have a thing about women pulling faces in pictures and swore her daughters NEVER did it??

I suspect part of the problem is the type of men she is allowing to comment. 

Lori, if you're here, give some serious thought to the type of men you are attracting to your page and how much you are coddling their questionable views. 

Or, you know, get off of the internet and be with your family right now. 

Really? Lori is now posting in the middle of the night? 

Lori, some women are more comfortable keeping a blog meant for women, for women. It doesn't mean they are feminists or hate men. You could learn something from your fangirls.  And yes, some subjects are not proper for mixed company (like your 10 min. and lube).  Sure, there are men who have something worthwhile to say, but many are nothing but pervs who get off on sex talk and only want to whine they aren't getting any instead of talking to their spouse or going to a pastor or counselor. 

I don't hate men at all. I think most men are decent and deserve respect. That's why I never liked shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" who portrayed the dad as an idiot. 

Seriously? She's upset that some women realized the incels, racists, and MRA's who comment on her page are bad? Shocker. Lori doesn't have a lick of common sense. Those women probably realized the blog is the infested pile of crap that it is and left, rightly so.

And stop shitting on feminism, Lori! It doesn't teach women to hate men, it teaches us your views are the garbage fire they are.

Very few actual MEN have commented on her blog posts.

There have been plenty of MALES who have commented, but rarely a MAN.

I don't think Lori knows what a Godly man sounds like.

MRA's and incels and Dalrock's manosphere followers are NOT men.  Not even close.

There has been an occasional REAL man who has tried to refute the crap she has written.  I don't know if she has allowed those comments to remain.

Not only are these men vile most are as dumb as a box of rocks. When I was on Twitter the only argument they had was that women worship their emotions. That's it, they had no other points. As someone who's spent about seven years studying mental health I couldn't help but laugh. I struggle to even feel/acknowledge emotions I highly doubt that I worship emotions. 

But he went straight into calling me worthless. Yes what a godly man. So no wonder Lori's followers are uncomfortable 

Spoiler

Another thought on the men commenting:

Seems like any decent, hard working man would not have time to troll a blog for women

Shouldn't they be out working one of their dozen jobs?

Sounds like a bunch of losers in their mama's basement.

This just in. I’m spending a couple of days doing “research” in Wildwood NJ.  Two days at the beach with thousands of other beach goers, not one thong bathing suit in sight. 

I know this is a tough job (doing the “research”) but willing to do it for the good of the group!

48 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

This just in. I’m spending a couple of days doing “research” in Wildwood NJ.  Two days at the beach with thousands of other beach goers, not one thong bathing suit in sight. 

I know this is a tough job (doing the “research”) but willing to do it for the good of the group!

Oh good! I will do research tonight and tomorrow morning from a very large lake. I will be diligently making sure no thong wearers are in sight!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived