IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Is that a hospital baby cap? One of the blue and pink striped ones?

It does look like it. The blanket does too. But I’m not sure if birthcenters have those kids of caps and blankets as well. I don’t think so though

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Shoot. Pickles had a source in the delivery room y'all. 

Obviously Pickles was invited to be in the delivery room

When I started on FJ ten years ago, never would I have thought that Jinger would end up the classy Duggar.  I wouldn't name a child Felicity, but the name is classic and unusual without being you-neek, juvenile or attention whorey (JMO).  Jinger's once again nailed the "social media appropriate" pictures as well.  

It's a world away from the Duggar mess I typically follow (Jill and Derick Dillard, they of the "manipulative" children and abuse of animals), that's for sure.  

I want a picture where you can more clearly see Felicity’s face. I know she’s sleeping but it seems like sort of a weird angle? I dunno, I just wanna see a cute baby’s little face. Not a criticism, I just wanna see her face, not Jeremy’s. :pb_lol:

Jinger's post may or may not be of Felicity, but it's sweet.

In contrast, Jeremy posted the same picture as Jessa and Jill, and so has the official Duggar Family Instagram. I'm thinking J&J may have distributed an approved pic to the family. That makes Jill's post less cringy I think.

Jinger has posted  and so has Jeremy but it's the same pic as Jessa and Jill. seriously I give points for Jinger using a new picture. 

18 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Shoot. Pickles had a source in the delivery room y'all. 

I have a source who tells me that Felicity was Pickles' source.

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and Jill has posted of course she had to use the same picture as Jessa :pb_rollseyes:

I'm gonna pretend that Jill found out about the birth when Jessa posted the instagram, so she shared it to look "up to date"

1 minute ago, Toothfairy said:

Isn't Jinger  middle name nicole too?

Yes, which is why it was a relatively popular guess for their first baby's name. Felicity, on the other hand, seems to have surprised everyone.

Just now, Toothfairy said:

Isn't Jinger  middle name nicole too?

Yes iit's very popular in  in fundy land that first or in Michelle's case second daughter will get mom's middle name. as hers  (Jill Michelle)

Mackenzy Renee (Anna Renee) 

Davia Lynn (Priscilla Lynn) 

Brooklyn Elise (Erin Elise) 

Whitney didn't give Kaci her middle name surprisingly so I'd guess Eileen will be Bates daughter number 2's middle name. 

Kelly didn't have any Jo's but she has a Josie Kellyn and a Alyssa Joy so two close names to her own. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

How soon until the Duhlards link the news to their own website for clicks? 

I expect DerSnot to Tweet something about Jazz to turn the attention back to him 

I love that she's calling herself 'Mom' and not 'Momma' or something like that. I have nothing against the term 'Mommy/Mama/Momma' - it's just that the Duggars SO overuse Momma/Mama that it's refreshing to hear something else!

Aw, add me to the list that is kinda bummed they've appropriated Felicity. Book purist here, I love The Story Girl (the basis for Road to Avonlea.). Felicity was also Sara Stanley's mother's name. She and her twin brother Felix died the same day, if I recall. All future name guesses now need to include L.M. Montgomery characters since they have Spurgeon and Felicity. Who is next? Josie? Emmeline? Persis? Minerva?

Just now, Leftitinmysnood said:

Aw, add me to the list that is kinda bummed they've appropriated Felicity. Book purist here, I love The Story Girl (the basis for Road to Avonlea.). Felicity was also Sara Stanley's mother's name. She and her twin brother Felix died the same day, if I recall. All future name guesses now need to include L.M. Montgomery characters since they have Spurgeon and Felicity. Who is next? Josie? Emmeline? Persis? Minerva?

I saw on facebook that someone who is probably in their circle recently had a daughter named "Avonlea."

LOVE the name! Reminds me of Keri Russell's Felicity... Lol! I hope just like that character Felicity Vuolo gets to go to college and explore the world. Jinger, do justice to your little girl.

I wanna see her face!

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Pickles next new news:  Jinger had her baby!

Hold the phone! You mean Jimger was pregnant? 

7 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

well there is already a josie LOL 

Jinger looks fantastic for just having had the baby this morning.   The name is not my style (too long) but not bad and as far as virtue names go, way better than Charity or Faith or I'mAFundieMaidenSoIMustBeSelfless.  

I quite like the name, and I think it’s got a little shade of Jinger’s rebellious side: not a biblical reference in that name in sight!  Felicity comes from the same Latin root as the name Felix, felicitas, which means “luck” or “good fortune”.  There is even a *gasp* Catholic saint named Saint Felicity (anglicized from Felicitas), and she is notably a patron saint of parents who have lost a child through death and is also a patron saint of martyrs.  As for the middle name, at least Jinger thankfully didn’t have a weird middle name, and it flows nicely with Felicity.

It’s pretty common in the South for part of a parent’s name to be used as a middle name.  Sometimes it’s a mother’s maiden name.  And in the case of me and my brother, we both have our dad’s middle name as our own middle name, but spelled differently (my dad and brother both have the middle name Lee, which was our grandfather’s middle name, too, since our dad is a Jr.; mine, however, is spelled Leigh because my parents thought it looked more feminine...but it’s otherwise pronounced the same).

I got to say, I think the picture of the three of them is beautiful. I hope her labour went well. I sure hope she had the baby in the hospital.

Love the name. 

9 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Jinger looks fantastic for just having had the baby this morning.   The name is not my style (too long) but not bad and as far as virtue names go, way better than Charity or Faith or I'mAFundieMaidenSoIMustBeSelfless.  

Grace, Nevaeh, Heistheway, or Faith Avonlea Charity Esther Paloma Amity Love Mercy (F.A.C.E.P.A.L.M.)...:pb_lol:

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived