IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

I hate the name but am glad that she arrived healthy.  The hospital bracelet seems weird to me on her wrist, my son's was on his ankle and it was a "baby lo jack" so he couldnt leave the floor.  I'm hopeful that he was born in a hospital, but healthy and under proper supervision (not Jill) is what matters.  Very glad to hear there dont seem to be any ambulances involved.

My black box remains my avatar.  Another female has been born into this disgusting cult.  I cant bring myself to depict anything else, black is her future.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Nothing lol! :) Just the sweet satisfaction that they are good guessers. I kinda wish someone got the name but eh! Can't get them all! 

I got the name! It was one of my long shot guesses! Not the middle name but, Felicity. 

I was so sure it would be Sophia Nicole but what do I know? Felicity Nicole works for me though, and I wasn’t surprised that Jinger didn’t use Lauren for the middle name because that is reserved for Jessa (although I could see Jinger using it after Jessa gets her girl).

Jinger looks great. I hope everything went perfectly and in a hospital so she can set a good example for her naive sisters (and I am pretty sure it did). This also makes Felicity the smallest baby yet for a bio Duggar daughter, so perhaps she has some wisdom (and prenatal care) that she can give her sisters as well.

9 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

If any Duggar babies are born before April 11, 2019, (outside of a preemie) then yes someone is pregnant today. I find it hard to imagine a time that no Duggar daughter/in-law will be expecting for the next 35 years. If all things remain the same, there should be a steady flow of Duggar grandbabies until Josie hits her early 40s around 2052. :jawdrop:

It’s actually even later than that because men stay fertile so long. Jackson and his slightly older brothers could have children with younger women 50 or more years from now.

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So now, as far as we know, there are ZERO pregnant Duggars‽‽‽‽‽?‽‽‽?

I don't know how to handle this season of life. I'm scared and confused.

I have my mom's middle name. I did not pass it on to my daughter. My family was appalled. Whatever.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, AprilQuilt said:

agreed. It's inhumane. It's hard to juggle parenthood and a career in the UK, but I see that in the US the choice is so much starker. 

Also absolutely bizarre that a country with such a vocal anti-abortion lobby makes it so very hard to have kids on a practical level.

Entire purpose is to keep women out of the workforce

Felicity is also the name of a main character on the current CW show, "Arrow." She is a strong and feminine character who went to MIT and regularly puts other characters in their place.

I like to think Jinger binge-watched Arrow on Netflix and was inspired by that Felicity. (Partly because that show is NIKE all over the place with alllll the characters).

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

“NO, NO, NO, NO! WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE BLOODY GOOD LIFE! BLOODY, BLOODY, BLOODY! I HATE IT! IT'S SO BLOODY NICE! FELICITY "TREACLE" KENDAL, AND RICHARD "SUGAR FLAVOURED SNOT" BRIERS! WHAT DO THEY DO KNOW? CHOCOLATE BLOODY BUTTON ADS, THAT'S WHAT! THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRIC, AND I! HATE! THEM!”

Spoiler

lKBxndt.gif.d8b4eb1f7c77888ada09a345f0f2af20.gif

My immediate association with the name Felicity was with the Flight of the Conchords' Choir of Ex-Girlfriends song. Felicity is one of the ex-girlfriends' names. "Felicity said there was no electricity...."

That song has been stuck in my head since I read the news. There's like 20 girls' names in the song so much cooler parents than the Vuolos could easily use it for a naming theme if they were planning to have eleventy children.

Wow, Felicity is a cutie and Jinger looks great in that smiling photo with her and Jer, even he looks sincere in that one. Love the name, I think it's quite classical and pretty and refreshingly normal. I have good memories related to the name due to the tv show, so maybe that's why I like it so much, definitely my favorite name of a Duggar grandchild so far, along with Henry. 

As for the frills on baby clothes discussion, I'm the kind of gal that loves little details, bows, frilly stuff and I'm sure if I ever have kids, I'm gonna be buying them super cute clothes regardless of their gender until they're old enough to pick for themselves, and then I'll buy them whatever they want that I can afford, because I'd love them to develop as individuals, not mini me clones *shivers* JRodriguii *shivers x2*. So I don't really have a problem with the baby's clothes, I think they're adorable. 

14 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Felicity is also the name of a main character on the current CW show, "Arrow." She is a strong and feminine character who went to MIT and regularly puts other characters in their place.

I like to think Jinger binge-watched Arrow on Netflix and was inspired by that Felicity. (Partly because that show is NIKE all over the place with alllll the characters).

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Felicity Smoak! Although I did think of the American Girl first. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Snip.... Also, all names were changed because privacy and shit. Lol!)

I didn't realise how tuned in I have become to posters writing styles until recently, when I noticed that I rarely read posters names any more but I can still identify quite a few posters from the rhythm and language they use.  Halfway through reading the names in your post I went and checked your name, "This sounds like @VelociRapture but she's normally so careful about privacy..." and then I found this line lol

The name makes me think of the character from Avonlea. I can't form an opinion about the baby's cuteness yet since all I can see is a wad of pink stuff. :)  

i like the name and am glad she was born in a hospital :teasing-binkybaby:

my mother had the same name as her mother and her brother has the same name as their father, made for some confusion at times. i have lynn as my middle name, as do many, many girls born in the 1960's, just picked because it was popular i guess. my daughter has both her grandmother's names as her middle names...her first daughter has one of those for a middle name and her second daughter has my name for her middle name. my first son has my father's and my husband's grandfather's names as his middles names and my second son is a 3rd, which also can get confusing! 

So wait, which Duggar is pregnant now? There's no way we've hit a patch during which nobody is pregnant.

Is it Jessa? Jill? Lauren?

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

So wait, which Duggar is pregnant now? There's no way we've hit a patch during which nobody is pregnant.

Is it Jessa? Jill? Lauren?

I'd say Jessa. Depending on how bad/good the delivery/c-section was, I could see Joy announcing another pregnancy soon as well. 

I'm surprised by the name choice (which I really like, BTW), because

1. it's a "normal" name with a "normal" spelling
  2. it's the name of a Catholic saint
  3.  it will make most Americans think of either the Keri Russell show, or of Felicity Huffman from Desperate Housewives, and we all know that the Duggars think TV is the devil (except for their shows and appearances, of course)

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Felicity is one of my all-time favorite names. I'm a fan.

Though could someone explain to me the fundie trend of reusing mom's middle name? I've seen Anna (Mackynzie Renee), Priscilla (Davia Lynn), Erin (Brooklyn Elise), Alyssa (Zoey Joy), and now Jinger do it. I think it's nice that they do it especially given how often boys have common elements in their names (Garrett, Gilvin, David, James, Robert Ellis, Charles Stephen), but it seems rather uniquely fundie to me (unless you count royal families where everyone reuses the same like 10 names). 

My middle name used to be my Mom's middle name before she dropped it when she married my Dad. My brother has the same middle name as my Dad. We aren't fundie, my parents aren't even religious. I can think of three or four families off the top of my head that I know who did the same thing. Fundies definitely do it a lot, but in general I think it's somewhat common.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived