IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

Love the name. Felicity, yes it made me think of Road to Avonlea, American Girl Felicity and of course the TV show Felicity. 

I'm curious to see how Jeremy will take to being a parent. 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

count down to when TLC releases the 20 min condensed birth special. 

Garret was born on June 8th and the TLCGo birth special was posted on June 29th. Josiah & Lauren's wedding was on June 30th and the wedding special was made available on July 18. Based on that schedule, I'd guess somewhere in the ballpark of just under three weeks. The only confounding factor is that the new season starts on July 30, but since that episode already has J&L's wedding, the start of their courtship, and J&K's honeymoon, maybe the following week?

Clearly Daughter #2 must be Cecily.*

* I'm such a major L.M. Montgomery fan I went to PEI in 2015.

7 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Garret was born on June 8th and the TLCGo birth special was posted on June 29th. Josiah & Lauren's wedding was on June 30th and the wedding special was made available on July 18. Based on that schedule, I'd guess somewhere in the ballpark of just under three weeks. The only confounding factor is that the new season starts on July 30, but since that episode already has J&L's wedding, the start of their courtship, and J&K's honeymoon, maybe the following week?

okay so Joy had Giddy Feb 23. they aired her condensed special. on March 12 between the same day as the fourth episode of that season. the season started on feb 26th and I just realized we have to see Joy's birth for a third time. since they already aired a whole birth episode for her (Never mind that was just her announcing I can't keep track anymore)  but she's back to being pregnant this season. oh my

Felicity is one of my all-time favorite names. I'm a fan.

Though could someone explain to me the fundie trend of reusing mom's middle name? I've seen Anna (Mackynzie Renee), Priscilla (Davia Lynn), Erin (Brooklyn Elise), Alyssa (Zoey Joy), and now Jinger do it. I think it's nice that they do it especially given how often boys have common elements in their names (Garrett, Gilvin, David, James, Robert Ellis, Charles Stephen), but it seems rather uniquely fundie to me (unless you count royal families where everyone reuses the same like 10 names). 

When Jeremy was talking about getting all the 'accessories' for the baby, he must've meant giant bows.

It will be interesting to see what the spacing between this baby and their next child will be. Jinger may have taken longer to get pregnant than her sisters, but she had an uncomplicated birth. Perhaps we'll all be suprised and Felicity will be a much doted-upon only child with cute little outfits that make her look like a mini Jinger. Perhaps next they'll have a son named Felix?

I like the name. Now if she has another daughter and names her Lorelai we will know she was watching CW on down-low growing up! 

6 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I like the name. Now if she has another daughter and names her Lorelai we will know she was watching CW on down-low growing up! 

No not Lorelai I may cry. 

10 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Or a son named Dawson

26 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Or a son named Dawson

No Pacey then we'd really know she was a rebel :laughing-rollingyellow:

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Though could someone explain to me the fundie trend of reusing mom's middle name? I've seen Anna (Mackynzie Renee), Priscilla (Davia Lynn), Erin (Brooklyn Elise), Alyssa (Zoey Joy), and now Jinger do it. I think it's nice that they do it especially given how often boys have common elements in their names (Garrett, Gilvin, David, James, Robert Ellis, Charles Stephen), but it seems rather uniquely fundie to me (unless you count royal families where everyone reuses the same like 10 names). 

I share a middle name with my mom. My mother-in-law also has the same middle name which she also passed to HER daughter as a middle name. I continued the tradition with my first daughter. (And we aren't fundie!)

Also, shout out to my second daughter for waking me up at 1:30 AM so I could catch up on this thread before it got too long, since I had already gone to bed when they made the announcement!

Glad to see that Jinger's baby is finally here!

Looks like in a hospital of some sort, given Felicity seems to be wearing a hospital bracelet on her left arm in the pink dress pic.

i hope Jinger had a better experience than her sisters which then influences their  birth next time round. (I feel kinda bad saying that, but if it makes things safer for the rest that's ok IMO)

I'm shocked I guessed her weight right! 

I am liking the name Felicity Nicole. I imagine they might use Lissie as a nickname. Very cute.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't hate the name Felicity in itself.  I hate that they named the baby Felicity.   Felicity Kendall played Barbara Good who was something of a hippie.  I don't associate that name with the Vuolo baby.

“NO, NO, NO, NO! WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE BLOODY GOOD LIFE! BLOODY, BLOODY, BLOODY! I HATE IT! IT'S SO BLOODY NICE! FELICITY "TREACLE" KENDAL, AND RICHARD "SUGAR FLAVOURED SNOT" BRIERS! WHAT DO THEY DO KNOW? CHOCOLATE BLOODY BUTTON ADS, THAT'S WHAT! THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRIC, AND I! HATE! THEM!”

33 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Felicity and Lorelai do sound kinda cute together!

Happy to see a healthy mom and baby. A little disappointed there is no coffee reference to the name :p  

On my dads side of the family it is tradition to pass on Mom's middle name to the first born girl.  We are definitely not fundie :)

Felicity Vuolo is a bit much FL tongtwister for my liking but overall I’m surprised and glad they didn’t go the trendy route. I hope she’s had a good delivery! I also wonder if they’ll call her Felicity or go with a Fay nickname, always liked that. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

One of the very few traditions in my immediate family is having the same middle name as our parents. Our family isn't remotely fundie.

My middle name is shared with my mum, my grandmother and my great grandmother at least. Same goes for my brother (despite being the paternal side of my family and my dad and grandfather both being the youngest sons). If I have a daughter, her middle name will be mine also.

Before you pointed this out I really hadn't noticed the trend. Naming a child exactly after the parent (Junior/2nd/3rd etc) always seemed very American to me!

22 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

“NO, NO, NO, NO! WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE BLOODY GOOD LIFE! BLOODY, BLOODY, BLOODY! I HATE IT! IT'S SO BLOODY NICE! FELICITY "TREACLE" KENDAL, AND RICHARD "SUGAR FLAVOURED SNOT" BRIERS! WHAT DO THEY DO KNOW? CHOCOLATE BLOODY BUTTON ADS, THAT'S WHAT! THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRIC, AND I! HATE! THEM!”

I wonder how many others will recognise where this comes from :) one of my all time faves 

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

All future name guesses now need to include L.M. Montgomery characters since they have Spurgeon and Felicity. Who is next? Josie? Emmeline? Persis? Minerva?

Valancy! :bigheart: (And may she escape her family at an even younger age than the character in The Blue Castle escaped hers.)

15 minutes ago, aprilx said:

I wonder how many others will recognise where this comes from :) one of my all time faves 

Thanks to Google, I discovered what  @Captain Obvious was quoting. I don't think I had heard of The Young Ones before. I may need to find out where/how I can watch it.... :think:

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yes iit's very popular in  in fundy land that first or in Michelle's case second daughter will get mom's middle name. as hers  (Jill Michelle)

Mackenzy Renee (Anna Renee) 

Davia Lynn (Priscilla Lynn) 

Brooklyn Elise (Erin Elise) 

Whitney didn't give Kaci her middle name surprisingly so I'd guess Eileen will be Bates daughter number 2's middle name. 

Kelly didn't have any Jo's but she has a Josie Kellyn and a Alyssa Joy so two close names to her own. 

Michelle didn't pass on her middle name, Annette, though! Just her first name.

I think sharing a name with a parent or grandparent is fairly common in the South, though not necessarily a rule.

Wow, I'm surprised I actually guessed the correct date for once. I only remember not wanting it to be born on JimBob's birthday, so yay!

I like the name Felicity. First heard of it with the American Girl dolls and have liked it ever since.

I thought this was really odd. Just came up when I was trying to search the internet to see if the baby was here yet. Why “Mike”? The article calls him Mike too. 

D2D94C81-BF08-4955-947A-EC9DB3CFA0FF.thumb.png.553950fed3ab7d0252ea11fe8f69c388.png

I love the name Felicity, even tough, as @Chewing Gum said, with Vuolo it's a bit of a tongtwister. But it's classy and sophisticated. It looks like she gave birth in a hospital, which is nice to see in Duggarland. I hope the trend stays, with Kendra and now Jinger not having a homebirth.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived