IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

Ugh the whole "Cherokee Princess" thing is just super cringey and also a bit racist IMO. It's always a nameless ancestor far enough back for the person to never have to deal with any discrimination, but not so far back that they can't pull it out on demand to claim they aren't racist, if they want. 

I've been working on my geneaology a bit, and so far I've found one person who other people have added notes for saying "half Cherokee" and one person who apparently seems to have applied to be on the Dawes Roll. And one other who many people keep listing as being Cherokee complete with an "Indian name"  even though the paperwork they are using as a source has dates that prove it's not the same person - unless she somehow has two different birth dates around 80-90 years apart. I'm not counting any of those as being Native until I have some actual proof, and on the last count it makes tracing the real person near impossible since every search brings up those clearly wrong sources!

It is definitely a privilege to be able to trace ancestry. I have found that the wealthier the person is, the easier to trace they are. If they were just ordinary people, or poor, or transported to the US not by choice, the line becomes almost impossible to follow. 

Like, you'd be amazed how uncreative some of my ancestors were. And how impossible it can be to trace back records when every single male for many generations was named "John Smith."

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Ugh the whole "Cherokee Princess" thing is just super cringey and also a bit racist IMO. It's always a nameless ancestor far enough back for the person to never have to deal with any discrimination, but not so far back that they can't pull it out on demand to claim they aren't racist, if they want. 

I've been working on my geneaology a bit, and so far I've found one person who other people have added notes for saying "half Cherokee" and one person who apparently seems to have applied to be on the Dawes Roll. And one other who many people keep listing as being Cherokee complete with an "Indian name"  even though the paperwork they are using as a source has dates that prove it's not the same person - unless she somehow has two different birth dates around 80-90 years apart. I'm not counting any of those as being Native until I have some actual proof, and on the last count it makes tracing the real person near impossible since every search brings up those clearly wrong sources!

It is definitely a privilege to be able to trace ancestry. I have found that the wealthier the person is, the easier to trace they are. If they were just ordinary people, or poor, or transported to the US not by choice, the line becomes almost impossible to follow. 

Like, you'd be amazed how uncreative some of my ancestors were. And how impossible it can be to trace back records when every single male for many generations was named "John Smith."

Lol then I should be glad I don’t have too many Smiths! But the Whites did cause problems when my dad was doing some ancestry. That’s a fairly common name. A lot of the other names in my family are less common. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

And Shoshanna now admits that she & James are indeed divorced:

YesShoshannaJamesaredivorced.thumb.jpg.2838a71bc379bca25a648333f2047044.jpg

Wow that took literal years. Seriously it’s been at least two years since they separated. I’m sure her parents will never mention it. And if she remarried, they will pretend he is her first and only husband. I personally don’t give a single fuck if people post about their divorces online. Because it’s their own personal business. But the Pearls are different. They SELL their lives. They seek marriage, parenting, and godly living. And they make plenty of money from it. Therefore she has a duty to admit when there has been a divorce. I don’t think she needs to go into any detail. But just admitting it is the least she can do while constantly posting about how everyone else should live their lives in her opinion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wow. I'm surprised she finally admitted it. If she were estranged from Daddy Dearest I'd be impressed. As it is it feels disappointingly performative. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I’ve got so many thoughts. Of course she paints James as the problem and the villain in the marriage. It’s the Pearl way. What’s funny is that I fully believe that he probably was a horrible husband. But you know why he was a horrible husband? Because your parents taught you all the wrong things to look for in a husband. They taught you to be walked all over in marriage. That James makes all the decisions and James is always right. Of course he wouldn’t admit any faults in therapy. He never had to in marriage. Why would he start now? Shoshanna will never lay the blame of her marriage falling apart at the feet of her perfect daddy. It will only be Satan and James’ fault. No one else. Even though her parents told countless women to stay in shitty abusive marriages. Even though she was brainwashed from the womb to submit to the men in her life. Daddy is always right. And he is blameless.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because your parents taught you all the wrong things to look for in a husband. They taught you to be walked all over in marriage. That James makes all the decisions and James is always right. Of course he wouldn’t admit any faults in therapy. He never had to in marriage. Why would he start now? Shoshanna will never lay the blame of her marriage falling apart at the feet of her perfect daddy. It will only be Satan and James’ fault.

Hereʻs Mike Pearl on his new son-in-law, back at their second wedding in 2004:

The groom’s father addressed the wedding attendees, disclosing to them that he had invested in his son, extolling all his skills of mountain climbing and rappelling, airplane piloting, wrestling, martial arts, etc., which no doubt ably prepared him to marry Shanna. It was funny, because it is so true. It took a MAN to win her.

And apparently the same "man" that Mike praised eventually destroyed the marriage. Will we hear from Mike or Debi? Doubt it.

I am glad if Shoshanna & her kids are in a healthier & happier place but I agree that she and especially her parents, who have profited extensively off their "ministries" that have ruined many lives, owe major apologies to all, at the least.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Hereʻs Mike Pearl on his new son-in-law, back at their second wedding in 2004:

And apparently the same "man" that Mike praised eventually destroyed the marriage. Will we hear from Mike or Debi? Doubt it.

I am glad if Shoshanna & her kids are in a healthier & happier place but I agree that she and especially her parents, who have profited extensively off their "ministries" that have ruined many lives, owe major apologies to all, at the least.

Laughing at the list of what it takes to be a MAN. Those skills (minus airplane pilot) would be desirable in the stone age. I think most modern women would be down for physical fitness but more apt to list qualities like character (honesty, loyalty, kindness), intelligence, emotional regulation, job skills, openness to new experiences, etc. 

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

extolling all his skills of mountain climbing and rappelling, airplane piloting, wrestling, martial arts, etc., which no doubt ably prepared him to marry

Well sure, those are EXACTLY the skills anyone would need to get through day to day life. Whose husband hasn't hopped into their plane, flown to a mountain range, rappelled down the mountain, wrestled a few bears and karate chopped a moose or Sasquatch at LEAST once a week. 

• Haha 14

On 10/27/2023 at 3:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s starting to sound like Braggie. 

9B848B7E-8A94-4B3C-9725-0F2242740AA0.jpeg

At 17, I was offered to be trained for junior Olympics in volleyball...With a full-ride scholarship. That same year I was offered a modeling contract...

I was reading this whole thing, but kept hearing Mike Myers' Dr. Evil: "My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it."

On 10/25/2023 at 1:13 AM, hoipolloi said:

Found this newer website. Now calling herself Rebekah Joy Rising, she apparently publishes books (fiction & poetry), writes screenplays, and composes music.

She (self?) published two or three YA books before taking a long break to devote herself to husband (!) and family.   

I think she had 6 kids total, so at least one or two are out of the house or at least young adults and the youngest ones should be fairly self sufficient.  Don't know the gender breakdown, but I'm sure the girls are your regular household slaves.  Her marriage is definitely patriarchal. 

I think they are back in the Gallup, NM area now; the photos on her web page are def. northern NM. 

On 10/24/2023 at 6:22 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Aren’t the Pearls very pro non working mothers? If she has her own store and has her own plexus downline, she probably works a lot. Sure she may be able to do stuff at home. But it would definitely take time away from her kids.

Like many fundies, the Proverbs 31 wife is the exemplar;  extremely industrious in the household and a great business woman besides -- successful home-based businesses are the ideal.  

Debi Pearl has written at least one book about brain remodeling after Michael Pearl's recovery from a stroke and of course the "there is no greater joy than beating your children Ministries" is a family business.  The Pearls aren't radical Quiverfull, though, as far as I know. 

Michael and Debi had five and none of the kids have huge families - I think 6 is the max -- so there is something left over to devote to being industrious within the home.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

At 17, I was offered to be trained for junior Olympics in volleyball...With a full-ride scholarship. That same year I was offered a modeling contract...

I was reading this whole thing, but kept hearing Mike Myers' Dr. Evil: "My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it."

She (self?) published two or three YA books before taking a long break to devote herself to husband (!) and family.   

I think she had 6 kids total, so at least one or two are out of the house or at least young adults and the youngest ones should be fairly self sufficient.  Don't know the gender breakdown, but I'm sure the girls are your regular household slaves.  Her marriage is definitely patriarchal. 

I think they are back in the Gallup, NM area now; the photos on her web page are def. northern NM. 

Like many fundies, the Proverbs 31 wife is the exemplar;  extremely industrious in the household and a great business woman besides -- successful home-based businesses are the ideal.  

Debi Pearl has written at least one book about brain remodeling after Michael Pearl's recovery from a stroke and of course the "there is no greater joy than beating your children Ministries" is a family business.  The Pearls aren't radical Quiverfull, though, as far as I know. 

Michael and Debi had five and none of the kids have huge families - I think 6 is the max -- so there is something left over to devote to being industrious within the home.

So they are basically mlm fundie huns. Working 40 hours a week at home is completely fine but working 40 hours outside of the home is a sin. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Because home-based businesses run by mountain-climbing, wrestling men are rarely sufficient to cover experiences.

(I say this as facts, not as a diss. It is unfortunate that self-employed and small businesses tend to pay dearly for health insurance and taxes in the US. The ideal and the reality are two different things.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:20 AM, hoipolloi said:

Shoshanna actually mentioned D-I-V-O-R-C-E on her IG account

WTAF!  Isn't this the daughter of a woman who suggested that women joyfully welcome home a pedophile husband after he was released from prison + that being  spiritually/emotionally abused was no reason to leave? 

I can't remember.  Did they think it was OK to leave if one was in danger of being murdered by the husband?

Anyway, what is Shoshanna's source of income?  She sold the bulk herb business.  Is she still working the Plexus angle? Child support from the ex? 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

WTAF!  Isn't this the daughter of a woman who suggested that women joyfully welcome home a pedophile husband after he was released from prison + that being  spiritually/emotionally abused was no reason to leave? 

I can't remember.  Did they think it was OK to leave if one was in danger of being murdered by the husband?

Anyway, what is Shoshanna's source of income?  She sold the bulk herb business.  Is she still working the Plexus angle? Child support from the ex? 

She still does plexus. But James does too. I imagine they just divided their down lines. We know James got Betsy and JillRod. Shoshanna must get child support. And her dad is constantly at her house helping out. So she has plenty of support. I am sure she isn’t hurting for money. 

Btw, based on pics, their oldest son never seems to visit their dad. Just the younger 3. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, Alisamer said:

I thought it was how people “covered up” black ancestors. So yeah.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I imagine they just divided their down lines.

Hadn't occurred to me that this could actually be a thing in a divorce but, of course, MLM downlines have value -- lots of it, potentially.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We know James got Betsy and JillRod. Shoshanna must get child support. And her dad is constantly at her house helping out. So she has plenty of support. I am sure she isn’t hurting for money. Btw, based on pics, their oldest son never seems to visit their dad. Just the younger 3. 

Did not know that JillRod & Betsy were part of Jamesʻ Plexus downline. 

Mike & Debi are over at Shoshannaʻs all the time but they all live close to each other. IIRC, the oldest son is 18 now so he can see James or not as he sees fit. 

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Hadn't occurred to me that this could actually be a thing in a divorce but, of course, MLM downlines have value -- lots of it, potentially.

Did not know that JillRod & Betsy were part of Jamesʻ Plexus downline. 

Mike & Debi are over at Shoshannaʻs all the time but they all live close to each other. IIRC, the oldest son is 18 now so he can see James or not as he sees fit. 

Even before he turned 18 he never seemed to go. Which is fine. I think teens should have a choice. 

• I Agree 2

Frankly,  she wanted out of the marriage and I'm glad she got out AND HAS NOW ADMITTED TO THE DIVORCE.  A lot of women follow her on social media and this is modeling for them that divorce is warranted when a marriage is simply unworkable for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Howl said:

Frankly,  she wanted out of the marriage and I'm glad she got out AND HAS NOW ADMITTED TO THE DIVORCE.  A lot of women follow her on social media and this is modeling for them that divorce is warranted when a marriage is simply unworkable for whatever reason. 

I think a lot of fundies are anti divorce and anti abortion. Until they need one. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

A LOT of tea in this recent Reddit comment:

Spoiler

Spillingthetea.thumb.png.11a5b4aa76a89a8a67659fba3564008d.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Put large screenshot behind a spoiler tag
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

A LOT of tea in this recent Reddit comment:

Hide contents

Spillingthetea.thumb.png.11a5b4aa76a89a8a67659fba3564008d.png

I have a hard time believing someone who paints Gabe as a saint and his ex wife as the devil. 

• I Agree 4

I kind of wonder if she waited until now to say something because her lawyer told her not to until the divorce was final.

And/or, if she’s gearing up to introduce  a new partner on socials. She seems to be quick to clarify that they’ve been separated for 3 years in the comments, but it could just be because it is true, and she can finally talk about it. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BeautifulSquirrelhood said:

I kind of wonder if she waited until now to say something because her lawyer told her not to until the divorce was final.

And/or, if she’s gearing up to introduce  a new partner on socials. She seems to be quick to clarify that they’ve been separated for 3 years in the comments, but it could just be because it is true, and she can finally talk about it. 

My guess is new partner. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, BeautifulSquirrelhood said:

This is my guess. She was vague-booking on IG 2-3 weeks ago, asking for prayer & talking about an upcoming trial in which dark forces might prevail. I now think this must have been about the time the divorce decree was finalized. 

Re: 3 years. That sounds about right and sheʻs been telling everyone they've been split for 3 years. They had their youngest child in spring 2020 and James was nowhere to be seen on her socials by the end of that year. This IG comment was, uh, interesting:

Legaldivorcesarecomplicated.thumb.png.a9c4a0012fdfddd0987d7e8c1d2e61b5.png

And, yes, dollars to donuts thereʻs another man around. Probably why BFF Lauren is living with her so as to deflect gossip.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic